Bloodborne

Lots of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves at Comic-Con

Jennifer Clark's Avatar + Posted by Jennifer Clark on Jul 22, 2009 // Senior Director, Product Publicity

Yesterday we announced that UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves will be hitting store shelves on October 13. Don’t forget to pre-order your copy of UNCHARTED 2 at a participating retailer today. Special offers are available at Amazon.com, Best Buy, Game Crazy and GameStop. I know many of you can’t wait until October, so if you’re at Comic-Con this week be sure to stop by the PlayStation booth – we’re booth 5200 in the Exhibit Hall – where we will debuting some brand new, never been touched outside of Naughty Dog, UNCHARTED 2 gameplay for you to experience and it’s hands-on!

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

In addition, if you are at Comic-Con and interested in meeting Naughty Dog or some of the voice actors in UNCHARTED 2 – including Nolan North, Claudia Black, Emily Rose and Robin Atkin Downes – they will be taking part in a panel this Thursday, July 23, at 5:30 PM in room 6A on the Upper Level of the San Diego Convention Center (maps can be found on the Comic-Con website.) Greg Miller of IGN will moderate the discussion on how the Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 and the innovative motion capture process at Naughty Dog enables them to create the first active cinematic experience in a video game. With this group of personalities, I guarantee it will be a lot of fun and we will be unveiling some new footage that you will not want to miss.

Lastly, for the collectors out there, I am happy to tell you that we have entered a partnership with ESC-Toys to create Nathan Drake vinyl toys. The man behind the design is Esc-Toy’s founder/designer Erick Scarecrow. Erick is well known in the industry for creating some of the most sought after customs, vinyl and plush collectibles out there. He is also well known for the work he has done for recording artists, including the late and great Jam Master Jay of RUN DMC, Bad Boy Entertainment, Def Jam, and others. I have included a few images of the vinyls below.

Nathan Drake Vinyl Erick Scarecrow

Nathan Drake Vinyl Erick Scarecrow Nathan Drake Vinyl Erick Scarecrow Nathan Drake Vinyl Erick Scarecrow

Let us know what you think! More info to come on release timing but we are aiming for this Fall, they will be limited to 2500 pieces world wide, so start stalking your local vinyl stores!

71 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ ADR143 on July 22nd, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

cant w8 for this! ND can u confirm us about CE?

+ thegriefer on July 22nd, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

uncharted 2 for goty

+ DrunkRaba on July 22nd, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Please. Make those into choose-able avatars for our online profiles! Do you guys plan on, updating those, like ever again? Glad to see the categories work now at least.

+ Dave18901 on July 22nd, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Aww… I thought this game was going to release in November. Then I would have been able to buy Operation Flashpoint2: Dragon Rising in October. But since both release in the same month, I can only purchase one. I guess it’s Uncharted2, knowing that Operation Flashpoint2 didn’t stand much of a chance in the first place. Uncharted2 is a day one buy for me.

+ CloudStorm87 on July 22nd, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

I love the box art. Will there be a collector’s edition? PLEASE RELEASE A COLLECTOR’S EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ enshk79 on July 22nd, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Damn, Nathan looks like ass on the box art. I know you guys could have made the box art better! I’m only criticizing because I care so much!

+ Slatter666 on July 22nd, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

collectors edition please?
i want a ‘real’ nathan drake figurine in the size of altair :D not this cartoonish one…

+ Jakintosh on July 22nd, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

Aww, it appears that the author isn’t replying to any comments… Anyhow, any news on a special/limited edition?? PLEASE let me spend more money on this game! I would love to see an alternate box art a la Resistance 2 (i like the box art, but it is kinda stale by now, i’ve been looking that since the January GI) and some cool not cheap feeling replica of an in game treasure, or something really creative… you’ve got 3 months to pull together a SE, unless you have one ready anyway :)

+ afdgsfdgnb on July 22nd, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

>Let us know what you think!

Here’s what I think.

I think Double Fine should have concentrated on making a good single player game instead of making a half baked single player mode and a superfluous, pointless multiplayer mode.

+ MadmanEU on July 22nd, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

The pre-order bonuses you are giving all the different retailers are going to unbalance the game.

I am wavering on the point of NOT buying Uncharted 2 anymore, in and effort to speak with my money and not support this type of low-life pre-order monkey business.

I may also wait to get it used to ND doesn’t see a single dollar from me. Publishers, no matter who they are the calibur of game they make, should be able to get away with creating pre-order bonuses that unblanace and compeltely ruin the games they release.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Naughty Dog. Very ashamed.

+ boxmyth on July 22nd, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

I could usually care less about vinyl figures, but I’m all over that Nathan.
Do want.

+ Darkness5678 on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

UNCHARTED AVATARS please!!!!!

+ Darkpen on July 23rd, 2009 at 1:00 am said:

I’m sorry, but that looks like [DELETED]. Dude needs to go back to the drawing board.

If that was the design for plush, ok, maybe, but vinyl? Yuck.

+ Thrasher20 on July 23rd, 2009 at 5:38 am said:

I like the box cover. Can’t wait to play the real stuff!

+ lakaiHIGH on July 23rd, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

havent posted on here in a while but i just wanted to say awesome job with the Uncharted 2 box art! it looks amazing and def outdoes the first box but i loved that one too! idk about the plushies though :/ we’ll have to see on that one. oh and great idea with the game countdown. seems sooooo far away… October 13th can’t come soon enough. i also wanted to ask are you guys going to be releasing a Limited Edition/special edition version of Uncharted 2?

thanks!
Lh

+ LordMetzen on July 23rd, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

In the post you say the “first active cinematic experience in a videogame”…didn’t Heavenly Sword do something very similar to what Naughty Dog is doing?…

Im not saying it ain’t good or hard to do, but what makes this the “first”, if in Unrcharted 1 there was an active cinematic experience?…

I just finished Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, and it has many flawed fights and jumps, Im a rock clmiber and just can’t believe some of the jumps and movements he makes while on the rock (well walls and some other things). Many people complained about Lara Croft, but most of her movements are real, Underworld takes that into account, when you climb with Lara, that’s the way you climb while doing Sport Climbing….

Nathan’s style of climbing….well, let’s just say Stallone in Cliffhanger had no strenght at all compared to Mr. Drake.

+ wheskeydean on July 23rd, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

As a professional graphic Designer, I love the box art. The colors are amazing. The shot is dynamic. And I love what was done with the texturing in the background. It will look nice displayed with the first game….

+ Jaysin_13 on July 23rd, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

I don’t like the design at all. The best one is the normal colored one… it sucks just a little less than the other ones.

+ TreasureReserved on July 23rd, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Uncharted: The Press Collector’s Edition was an epic win. Why not release a Collector’s Edition of that magnitude of awesomeness to the gaming public? This game and Drake fans deserve it!

+ tsukasa1288 on July 23rd, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

I wanna play this game so bad, but unfortunately, I will be studying broad(and leaving my ps3 behind) for a while come September. So I will be gone come October when it is released. At least I have something to look forward to when I return.

+ DonnyG on July 24th, 2009 at 10:41 am said: