PS4-The Order

Killzone 2 Double XP Weekend starts now!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Jul 24, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Hey All!

It has been a exciting week at Guerrilla Games with the release of the third DLC map pack “Napalm & Cordite”, the release of patch 1.29, the latest update to www.killzone.com, the announcement of the “Map Pack Bundle” and the opening of “Our World” an art exhibition here in the Netherlands based around the visually creative process of making the Killzone 2 universe and those that inhabit it.

Cordite

So to celebrate all this we have decided to give back to the folks who have supported us through thick and thin since the release of Killzone 2: You. The most attractive and charismatic fans any video-game can have. (Yes, flattery won’t get me anywhere) And what better way to thank ones loyal fans than with POINTS! This weekend from Friday at 17:30 GMT till Monday morning at 09:00, any games created will give extra XP points to let you guys rank up quicker and unlock those Badges and climb up the Leaderboard. That way you get more buck for your bang, more meat on your sandwich, more points for your prizes, more sauce on your fries, more … okay I think you get it.

A Win will earn you a 2.5 multiplier and a Loss will still grant you the normal multiplier for a Win: 1.5. This applies only to individual points, not Clan Valor and will be available in all regions during this time. We hope all those coming new to Killzone 2 and the veterans alike will take part in this celebration and make sure to keep an eye out for people with [GG] in front of their handles. We’ll be rocking the new DLC this weekend too.

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ FFObsessed on July 24th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

You had to do the first Double Exp weekend when my PS3 is dead didn’t you? I know you did it on purpose! :p

Good decision, I loved the DXP weekends in CoD4. Hope to see more of them.

+ LukaX23 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

I can’t rate posts for some reason. Weird…

Anyway, cool to see it’s double XP weekend.

+ NewYork214 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

nice. this will finally get me back in the game. ive been wanting a reason but just couldnt play. i get burnt out on online games to quick.

+ JoeDuke4 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Sweet. Killzone 2 is amazing!
Seb and the rest of GG, keep up the great support, and also consider 2-player splitscreen for skimish with bots please!

Jeff: can you ask about a Motorstorm 2 DLC bundle? Thanks

+ DonnyG on July 24th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

very cool

+ Kenshin71 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

Hey Seb, love the new maps and weapons. If anyone out there has KZ2 but hasn’t gotten them do yourself a favour and pick them up. Better still get the bundle. I know I was a bit of a cynic when the game was being made but it’s rapidly turned into my favourite this gen so far.

+ Dubbedinenglish on July 24th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

It is on like Donkey Kong…

+ KilledInSilence on July 24th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

oh yea, sick

I’m ready to pull off some headshots x]

+ reson8er on July 24th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Oh man, Im so sad. What a horrible weekend to have my PS3 be returning from repair ; ;.

Are future double xp weekends going to happen?

+ dotCody on July 24th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Trying to emulate Call Of Duty’s wonderful and successful Multiplayer experience won’t fix Killzone’s broken Multiplayer…

+ Violater on July 24th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

Is this the last of the DLC?

+ Xanthene on July 24th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Thanks for the double xp weekend but I’m still a little upset that those of us loyal players who bought the DLC as it came out are not offered a special price vs those who procrastinated and are now rewarded for it. Had you released a bundle further down the line I would not have a problem with it. New maps are less then stellar compared to the other DLC and the and inclusion of the bolt gun and flamethrower make it worse.

+ Berae on July 24th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

I would maybe buy the map packs but NO ONE cant help me fix the problem with the PSN Store.. i cant buy anything from the store anymore with my credit card and i cant even put my infos back.. and no im not gonna buy prepaid cards it was working before and i just want it to work again

+ buckethead13 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

I LOVE KILLZONE BUT THIS MAP PACK SUCKS. THE LEVELS ARE SO BORING. IT SEEMS THAT ALL THE MAP PACKS WERE HALF AZZED. IN COD WE GET 4 MAPS FOR $10. KZ WE 2 MAPS 4 $6 AND THEY ARE JUST SO BASIC. I HAVENT SEEN A NEW MAP YET THAT MADE ME SAY “WOW”. I REMEMBER THEY SAID THAT THESE WERE THE BEST WORK THEYVE EVER DONE. BUT HALF OF THE MAPS THAT CAME WITH THE GAME BLOWS THE DLC AWAY.

+ bigdaddykraven on July 24th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Aw man, I would have gladly played this weekend (just finished the single player recently). I’ve got family coming in to visit for the weekend and won’t be able to play may games, at least not devoted multiplayer games.

How about you guys do this at least one weekend every month? I love double XP weekends. Always wished Warhawk would have done it :(

+ TailsTheCat on July 24th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

How about double the light source and real shadows weekend? Making the total of real light sources, one and the total of real shadows, one. Pathetic game by pathetic devs.

+ SPARDA on July 24th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

GG keeps on delivering.

ohh… i love the new maps

Thanks

Sparda

+ THE_TERRORIZER on July 24th, 2009 at 8:51 am said:

Thanks guys.

I recently lost all of my kz2 data to the YLOD on the ps3. I tried fixing because I had no warranty, but it died again.

I could really use this, to catch back up with myself. Thanks dudes! I got a lot of pwning to do.

+ acerazer1 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

I am enjoying GG’s continued support of KZ2, keep it up.

+ JoeDuke4 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

@#16

Are you insane? Seriously, Killzone 2 has the best lighting out of every recent game by far. Every freakin one of the 32 players online has 2 realtime lights on them, and a real time shadow casting light coming from the gun muzzle flashes. Seriously your pathetic and Killzone 2 is the best looking game this gen so far and GG deserves credit.

+ ADR143 on July 24th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

this is good

+ jaimus on July 24th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

of course, more bad timing, as my PS3 is dead and sitting in the sony coffin as we speak. so sad…

+ BlooodyCow on July 24th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

@#2
I cannot rate post neither.

+ MakulaTolkien on July 24th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Hellz Yeah!!! KZ2 all weekend, I’m going to play for at least 20 hours this weekend

+ MakulaTolkien on July 24th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

@10 & 16: guys grow up! if you don’t like the game then fine! but no because of that you have to show your rage in public like crazy high school girls

+ reson8er on July 24th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

@dotCody

Only thing broken about Killzone is the whiners like you.

+ reson8er on July 24th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

@TailsTheCat

Your comment reeks of idiocy. Take that pathetic excuse for a flame somewhere else.

+ quiomar01 on July 24th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

Great. If only I was in town in front of my PS3 to take advantage of said opportunity. I guess I’ll have to wait for a next time if there will be a next time.

+ jipmg on July 24th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

OMFG

+ trustter on July 24th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Hey Seb, Thanks so much for this great game. So far is my favorite FPS game. I already played more than 200 hours online since the game was released.

I love the new maps too.

Thanks a lot

+ THE_TERRORIZER on July 24th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

wait it starts at 5:30?
ill be gone all day starting at 5:00!!
NOOOOO

+ jqtaxpayer on July 24th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Nice… loved COD’s Double XP weekends, though since I’m already at General and got my Valor Grand Cross so I won’t really be reaping the benefits of this.

Great work on Killzone 2, GG — thanks for a terrific game.

+ MaceWisdom on July 24th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Thank You! I was hoping for this!

+ xX-PEIN-Xx on July 24th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

This is awesome, now maybe I can reach the final rank. It doesn’t seem so far away now lol

+ Fatninja-Kun on July 24th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

C’mon guys! This is cool and all, but I just pullled an all-nighter last night with Killzone! Jeeze. Now I gotta do a whole weekend?

Alright. I suppose thats more acceptable then it sounded in my head.

+ iRedNaloN on July 24th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Nice, but I also pulled an all-nighter last night on this game. General here I come!

+ TheGuardianFID on July 24th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Awesome, just bought the new maps, count me in!!! :D

+ GreyFoXX4 on July 24th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

@14
Lmao, dude cod4 charged $10 for 2 maps and one 1vs1 map which was useless and can I say only 1 map set was released the entire time. Also to show who is milking who, mw2 is releasing launch day map pack, I mean why aren’t they on the disk at purchase? lol.

Now with the bundle KZ2 players get 6 maps for $11.99 all of which can host up to 32 players.

+ Lugoves on July 24th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Awesome. Since it’s taken me about 200 hours to get 72,732 Points [I suck] if I play 50 some hours this weekend I’ll only need 65,915 points to reach the next level. Thanks for the HUGE gap on the level cap increase Guerilla [Sarcasm unintentional] – Peace or War? NM Later :-)
PS: Maybe “MyKillzone” Iphone APP stats are wrong? :-s

+ Elsa on July 24th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Nice!!!
This will go a long way to finally achieving that Commander in chief rank I’ve been slowly working on!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 24th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Nice, thanks for this, will play some this week.

+ Enforcer_X on July 24th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

PERFECT TIMING!
I get home from work a little after 5 so I will be rocking double XP for the whole weekend!
THANKS GG!

+ neosk on July 24th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Cool I love the new maps but it is pretty hard to get d new weapons cause evryone is after them but still the maps look beautiful thx GG

+ thegamer154 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

This is AWESOME! I thought I was going to do KOF12 a lot and a little KZ2 but I guess I have to do vice versa in this situation. Thanks a lot!!!!

+ r_n_b_crazi on July 24th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I would be crying with happiness if I COULD actually play on my ps3 this weekend.

Now I’m just crying. :'(

+ Kamahl_rg on July 24th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

cool, ill start playing in a few minutes

+ RuthlessEd on July 24th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

@TailsTheCat

You’re like one of 5 people who don’t like this game. We get it.

Why post in EVERY Killzone thread if you don’t like the game?

You’re not going to convince any of us. You’re just going to continue to look like a bigger and bigger loser.

+ Laz1974 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

when is there going to be a double XP weekend for Resistance 2? Need to re-build my co-op guys (had to replace the lazer and my levels didn’t get backed up) :(

+ Anubis80 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Crap. This happens when my PS3 crashed. I would have loved to played this over the weekend.

+ SLEDGE_ on July 24th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Lies
I’m not getting 1,5x multiplayer when my team is losing.

PAGE 1 2