God of War

Jul 24

Jul 24

Killzone 2 Double XP Weekend starts now!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar Posted by Producer, Guerrilla Games

Hey All!

It has been a exciting week at Guerrilla Games with the release of the third DLC map pack “Napalm & Cordite”, the release of patch 1.29, the latest update to www.killzone.com, the announcement of the “Map Pack Bundle” and the opening of “Our World” an art exhibition here in the Netherlands based around the visually creative process of making the Killzone 2 universe and those that inhabit it.

Cordite

So to celebrate all this we have decided to give back to the folks who have supported us through thick and thin since the release of Killzone 2: You. The most attractive and charismatic fans any video-game can have. (Yes, flattery won’t get me anywhere) And what better way to thank ones loyal fans than with POINTS! This weekend from Friday at 17:30 GMT till Monday morning at 09:00, any games created will give extra XP points to let you guys rank up quicker and unlock those Badges and climb up the Leaderboard. That way you get more buck for your bang, more meat on your sandwich, more points for your prizes, more sauce on your fries, more … okay I think you get it.

A Win will earn you a 2.5 multiplier and a Loss will still grant you the normal multiplier for a Win: 1.5. This applies only to individual points, not Clan Valor and will be available in all regions during this time. We hope all those coming new to Killzone 2 and the veterans alike will take part in this celebration and make sure to keep an eye out for people with [GG] in front of their handles. We’ll be rocking the new DLC this weekend too.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Anubis80 said:

July 24th, 10:30 am

@ 50

How is it lies? The double points hasnt even started yet.

BlindMango said:

July 24th, 10:37 am

I need the badges, I only got two bronze trophies left until platinum. Those badge trophies are time consuming….

SLEDGE_ said:

July 24th, 10:45 am

@51
Uh, yes it has, over here in EU
2,5x multi when winning, but when losing, you get your normal points

BabeBro said:

July 24th, 10:51 am

OMG I can’t wait til I get home from work!! You guys also need to implement HOME Game Launching :o)

ski_bumm said:

July 24th, 10:52 am

Nice!
After playing the new map pack for over 5 hours last night, I’m sure I can squeeze in a couple more hours this weekend. :)

JinZX1 said:

July 24th, 10:56 am

YES!!!!! OMG YES!!!!!!

Tr3p1dat10n said:

July 24th, 10:56 am

I was wondering if something like this was going to happen, and now’s as good a time to get back into playing online, so thanks :)

Of course, still a little bummed about your buy two get one thing, maybe spending the rest of the day at the beach will help. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

highlanders2012 said:

July 24th, 10:58 am

Ratings aren’t working?

MadmanEU said:

July 24th, 11:20 am

This is small recompense for those of us who have supported you since day 1. For those of up who supported you from the beginning, we already have all the XP we will ever need, the rest is gravy.

Instead of something useless like this, why not give the DLC packs at discounted rates by flagging PSN IDs that were playing this game day 1? That might require work though, and we all know how much GG hates doing actual work.

zooyork198 said:

July 24th, 11:34 am

this is sooooooooooo awsum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap im soo pumpd

homeboy79 said:

July 24th, 11:42 am

Awesome!! but BTW, if it was true double XP, the point value would be 3.0 for the winning team and 2.0 for the losing team

Blu_DarK said:

July 24th, 11:45 am

I know they are taking a break from KZ2 for now, but I hope hey come back with an update that unlocks all npc’s as selectable skins for specific classes. And some new classes and skill sets. Then and only then can they quit for good. Lol.

KwietStorm said:

July 24th, 11:50 am

Wow we even get the normal 1.5 multiplier in a loss? With that, you can’t lose… -_-

MegaClank said:

July 24th, 12:19 pm

Can’t wait, now I need to buy that expansion bundle QUICK!

Netweb said:

July 24th, 12:33 pm

Seb.. yhis is gonna be an habit? Because.. i don´t have time to play Killzone because i’m working all weekend.. :(

NEW DLC BOUGHT BUT DON’T TESTED Snif..

By the Way.. I want my knife back :P

SirTrigalot said:

July 24th, 12:37 pm

Yes. Will get into the MP again once I get off work. which begins … NOW (runs to car)

gachzorge said:

July 24th, 12:44 pm

I’m glad that they’re considering a double xp weekend, I hope they do it more often. I wanted to try out the new maps this morning, they’re great, there’s a glitch I found in the arc tower one where I sink down into the map, I’ve done it twice in the same spot, you should fix it… and I also didn’t get any double xp… sort of disappointed, it was the main reason I played it.

dime5150 said:

July 24th, 2:04 pm

I just get tired of being nickel and dimed to death with these sub par map packs. I bought one and won’t buy another..

It will continue to be a lean and mean BF 1943 weekend for me.

Jay_mb said:

July 24th, 2:45 pm

I’m not getting the 1.5x for losing either. Is this going to be fixed?

homeboy79 said:

July 24th, 3:03 pm

@69
yeah you’re right.. I hope this gets fixed as well…. of course, i don’t plan on losing too often

buckethead13 said:

July 24th, 3:56 pm

@68

i hear that brother. check my first post #14
the long version of you answer

SyphonFilter- said:

July 24th, 4:12 pm

Definitely will be playing this weekend. I got the bundle yesterday and the maps are amazing looking and fun.

blue999mk2 said:

July 24th, 4:33 pm

That’s cooooooool!!!!
Good job ,GG!!!

ClinToN said:

July 24th, 5:24 pm

dotCody Cry on. You’ll see the results of their hard work on the PSN top 10. ;)

Game time!

Andrei10 said:

July 24th, 8:07 pm

Nice but the only thing that sucks is that you need to pick up the cool new guns in the middle of the map!!!!

Enigma777 said:

July 25th, 12:05 am

No x1.5 for the losers (aka me…)

Thrasher20 said:

July 25th, 1:25 am

I’m down!

arizmendi13 said:

July 25th, 2:27 am

yes! thanks a lot AND DONT FORGET WE WANT MORE DLC SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE MAPS, BADGETS AND GUNS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks a lot GG we love you

zeeshansyed said:

July 25th, 5:44 am

@BERAE: Dude, I have the same problem. None of my credit cards worked for me so my wife tried hers and it worked. Note that hers was a MasterCard and none of my visa cards work. Anyway, thanks to my wife, I got my bundle. It’s sweet though, the Naplam and Cordite didn’t really blow me away. I am yet to play on the other maps.

Sketch1up said:

July 25th, 10:01 am

OMG…….I cant believe this happens a day after my PS3 breaks (yellow light of death). Now ill have to work another 4-5 months to get back up to General of the Army. Dont know if ill even play the game anymore cause killzones saved data can not be saved.

lmpaler_2k said:

July 25th, 5:28 pm

Man, KZ2 is getting better and better

area51employee said:

July 25th, 6:35 pm

Too bad I don’t have this game yet. I really wish I had the money to buy it.

Destroyx said:

July 25th, 7:12 pm

just for the record ncsoft and paragon studios started the whole double exp thing for city of heroes 4 years ago. nice job ripping it off.

shaksnet said:

July 25th, 11:05 pm

Rated this post 5/5!! Like all KZ2 posts! :D

Thanks a lot for this truly awesome idea and great incentive for all KZ2 fans. This will undoubtedly bring back all lazy FPS gamers running to pop back their copy of KZ2 into their PS3. ;)

I really hope that GG would do this more often. Either way, i’m back to my combat attire on Warzone! :D

MAGIC1928 said:

July 26th, 4:27 pm

To:(FFObsessed)

I know how you feel (PS3 dead).

djspinal said:

July 27th, 8:28 am

Had a blast this weekend guyz. Thx for the help ranking up with the double points. I can now heal ppl and plant turrets 2 kill them. SWEET

Spyderman_18 said:

July 27th, 7:41 pm

aww i missed it but im leavin 4 amsterdam wednesday maby il drive past and see where the masterpiece that is killzone 2 was born

psd1 said:

July 27th, 8:42 pm

yea nice, just when my ps3 died… way to go Sony

mrlenard12 said:

July 28th, 12:07 pm

Is theire a way to get cheats from psn or psu.

josue2_3 said:

July 29th, 5:00 pm

man this already ended

josue2_3 said:

July 29th, 5:01 pm

cool but it ended already

mrlenard12 said:

July 30th, 5:33 pm

what has already ended

jonathanm1978 said:

August 12th, 12:40 pm

All the folks that are complaining, saying the Multiplayer is broken, making negative comments toward the devs, why not just do the community a favor and …not play? That would REALLY hurt us all, we’d definitely feel the loss when loading a game to find that you guys aren’t playing, and most of us would likely cry, then proceed to play a game we enjoy. I understand giving some constructive criticism, but geez, being childish and making petty little comments does not fall into being “constructive” with it. Just because you can’t win, don’t know how to play, aren’t experienced enough to play correctly, or just don’t have the skill, that does NOT mean the game is broken, multiplayer is broken, or the game sucks. It simply means that ignorance is bliss and statements along those lines just prove that point in-depth. And please, if you want to smart-off to my comment and what I’ve said here, atleast have some integrity about it, and use words that are a little past a 4th grade reading level. “You suck” doesn’t constitute a reply.

BurnoutBoz said:

August 15th, 9:02 am

Ive Had The Game Since The Day It Was Released, But I Rarely Play It Now, (Dont Get Me Wrong, Its An Awesome Game) But More Weapons And Game Modes Are Needed! And The 20,000 To 100,000 XP Gap For A Rank Is Quite…Well Stupid, A Little Bit More Effort For The Game Could Make A Huge Difference.

karmachameleon said:

August 15th, 3:14 pm

Any chance Killzone 2 will have its own Home space to organize clan meetups and game launching events?

PAGE 1 2