GTAV PS4

Killzone 2 Double XP Weekend starts now!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Jul 24, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Hey All!

It has been a exciting week at Guerrilla Games with the release of the third DLC map pack “Napalm & Cordite”, the release of patch 1.29, the latest update to www.killzone.com, the announcement of the “Map Pack Bundle” and the opening of “Our World” an art exhibition here in the Netherlands based around the visually creative process of making the Killzone 2 universe and those that inhabit it.

Cordite

So to celebrate all this we have decided to give back to the folks who have supported us through thick and thin since the release of Killzone 2: You. The most attractive and charismatic fans any video-game can have. (Yes, flattery won’t get me anywhere) And what better way to thank ones loyal fans than with POINTS! This weekend from Friday at 17:30 GMT till Monday morning at 09:00, any games created will give extra XP points to let you guys rank up quicker and unlock those Badges and climb up the Leaderboard. That way you get more buck for your bang, more meat on your sandwich, more points for your prizes, more sauce on your fries, more … okay I think you get it.

A Win will earn you a 2.5 multiplier and a Loss will still grant you the normal multiplier for a Win: 1.5. This applies only to individual points, not Clan Valor and will be available in all regions during this time. We hope all those coming new to Killzone 2 and the veterans alike will take part in this celebration and make sure to keep an eye out for people with [GG] in front of their handles. We’ll be rocking the new DLC this weekend too.

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Anubis80 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

@ 50

How is it lies? The double points hasnt even started yet.

+ BlindMango on July 24th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

I need the badges, I only got two bronze trophies left until platinum. Those badge trophies are time consuming….

+ SLEDGE_ on July 24th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

@51
Uh, yes it has, over here in EU
2,5x multi when winning, but when losing, you get your normal points

+ BabeBro on July 24th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

OMG I can’t wait til I get home from work!! You guys also need to implement HOME Game Launching :o)

+ ski_bumm on July 24th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Nice!
After playing the new map pack for over 5 hours last night, I’m sure I can squeeze in a couple more hours this weekend. :)

+ JinZX1 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

YES!!!!! OMG YES!!!!!!

+ Tr3p1dat10n on July 24th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I was wondering if something like this was going to happen, and now’s as good a time to get back into playing online, so thanks :)

Of course, still a little bummed about your buy two get one thing, maybe spending the rest of the day at the beach will help. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

+ highlanders2012 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Ratings aren’t working?

+ MadmanEU on July 24th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

This is small recompense for those of us who have supported you since day 1. For those of up who supported you from the beginning, we already have all the XP we will ever need, the rest is gravy.

Instead of something useless like this, why not give the DLC packs at discounted rates by flagging PSN IDs that were playing this game day 1? That might require work though, and we all know how much GG hates doing actual work.

+ zooyork198 on July 24th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

this is sooooooooooo awsum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap im soo pumpd

+ homeboy79 on July 24th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

Awesome!! but BTW, if it was true double XP, the point value would be 3.0 for the winning team and 2.0 for the losing team

+ Blu_DarK on July 24th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

I know they are taking a break from KZ2 for now, but I hope hey come back with an update that unlocks all npc’s as selectable skins for specific classes. And some new classes and skill sets. Then and only then can they quit for good. Lol.

+ KwietStorm on July 24th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Wow we even get the normal 1.5 multiplier in a loss? With that, you can’t lose… -_-

+ MegaClank on July 24th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Can’t wait, now I need to buy that expansion bundle QUICK!

+ Netweb on July 24th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Seb.. yhis is gonna be an habit? Because.. i don´t have time to play Killzone because i’m working all weekend.. :(

NEW DLC BOUGHT BUT DON’T TESTED Snif..

By the Way.. I want my knife back :P

+ SirTrigalot on July 24th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Yes. Will get into the MP again once I get off work. which begins … NOW (runs to car)

+ gachzorge on July 24th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

I’m glad that they’re considering a double xp weekend, I hope they do it more often. I wanted to try out the new maps this morning, they’re great, there’s a glitch I found in the arc tower one where I sink down into the map, I’ve done it twice in the same spot, you should fix it… and I also didn’t get any double xp… sort of disappointed, it was the main reason I played it.

+ dime5150 on July 24th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

I just get tired of being nickel and dimed to death with these sub par map packs. I bought one and won’t buy another..

It will continue to be a lean and mean BF 1943 weekend for me.

+ Jay_mb on July 24th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

I’m not getting the 1.5x for losing either. Is this going to be fixed?

+ homeboy79 on July 24th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

@69
yeah you’re right.. I hope this gets fixed as well…. of course, i don’t plan on losing too often

+ buckethead13 on July 24th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

@68

i hear that brother. check my first post #14
the long version of you answer

+ SyphonFilter- on July 24th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Definitely will be playing this weekend. I got the bundle yesterday and the maps are amazing looking and fun.

+ blue999mk2 on July 24th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

That’s cooooooool!!!!
Good job ,GG!!!

+ ClinToN on July 24th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

dotCody Cry on. You’ll see the results of their hard work on the PSN top 10. ;)

Game time!

+ Andrei10 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

Nice but the only thing that sucks is that you need to pick up the cool new guns in the middle of the map!!!!

+ Enigma777 on July 25th, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

No x1.5 for the losers (aka me…)

+ Thrasher20 on July 25th, 2009 at 1:25 am said:

I’m down!

+ arizmendi13 on July 25th, 2009 at 2:27 am said:

yes! thanks a lot AND DONT FORGET WE WANT MORE DLC SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE MAPS, BADGETS AND GUNS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks a lot GG we love you

+ zeeshansyed on July 25th, 2009 at 5:44 am said:

@BERAE: Dude, I have the same problem. None of my credit cards worked for me so my wife tried hers and it worked. Note that hers was a MasterCard and none of my visa cards work. Anyway, thanks to my wife, I got my bundle. It’s sweet though, the Naplam and Cordite didn’t really blow me away. I am yet to play on the other maps.

+ Sketch1up on July 25th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

OMG…….I cant believe this happens a day after my PS3 breaks (yellow light of death). Now ill have to work another 4-5 months to get back up to General of the Army. Dont know if ill even play the game anymore cause killzones saved data can not be saved.

+ lmpaler_2k on July 25th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Man, KZ2 is getting better and better

+ area51employee on July 25th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Too bad I don’t have this game yet. I really wish I had the money to buy it.

+ Destroyx on July 25th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

just for the record ncsoft and paragon studios started the whole double exp thing for city of heroes 4 years ago. nice job ripping it off.

+ shaksnet on July 25th, 2009 at 11:05 pm said:

Rated this post 5/5!! Like all KZ2 posts! :D

Thanks a lot for this truly awesome idea and great incentive for all KZ2 fans. This will undoubtedly bring back all lazy FPS gamers running to pop back their copy of KZ2 into their PS3. ;)

I really hope that GG would do this more often. Either way, i’m back to my combat attire on Warzone! :D

+ MAGIC1928 on July 26th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

To:(FFObsessed)

I know how you feel (PS3 dead).

+ djspinal on July 27th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Had a blast this weekend guyz. Thx for the help ranking up with the double points. I can now heal ppl and plant turrets 2 kill them. SWEET

+ Spyderman_18 on July 27th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

aww i missed it but im leavin 4 amsterdam wednesday maby il drive past and see where the masterpiece that is killzone 2 was born

+ psd1 on July 27th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

yea nice, just when my ps3 died… way to go Sony

+ mrlenard12 on July 28th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Is theire a way to get cheats from psn or psu.

+ josue2_3 on July 29th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

man this already ended

+ josue2_3 on July 29th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

cool but it ended already

+ mrlenard12 on July 30th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

what has already ended

+ jonathanm1978 on August 12th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

All the folks that are complaining, saying the Multiplayer is broken, making negative comments toward the devs, why not just do the community a favor and …not play? That would REALLY hurt us all, we’d definitely feel the loss when loading a game to find that you guys aren’t playing, and most of us would likely cry, then proceed to play a game we enjoy. I understand giving some constructive criticism, but geez, being childish and making petty little comments does not fall into being “constructive” with it. Just because you can’t win, don’t know how to play, aren’t experienced enough to play correctly, or just don’t have the skill, that does NOT mean the game is broken, multiplayer is broken, or the game sucks. It simply means that ignorance is bliss and statements along those lines just prove that point in-depth. And please, if you want to smart-off to my comment and what I’ve said here, atleast have some integrity about it, and use words that are a little past a 4th grade reading level. “You suck” doesn’t constitute a reply.

+ BurnoutBoz on August 15th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Ive Had The Game Since The Day It Was Released, But I Rarely Play It Now, (Dont Get Me Wrong, Its An Awesome Game) But More Weapons And Game Modes Are Needed! And The 20,000 To 100,000 XP Gap For A Rank Is Quite…Well Stupid, A Little Bit More Effort For The Game Could Make A Huge Difference.

+ karmachameleon on August 15th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Any chance Killzone 2 will have its own Home space to organize clan meetups and game launching events?

PAGE 1 2