Driveclub

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jul 24, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –

Here are our this week’s new releases and top downloads for the Video Store. Also — in our largest featured collection ever, you can download movies, TV shows, exclusives and specials, all inspired by the sold-out Comic-Con. Fans of DC Universe are buzzing about Green Lantern: First Flight and are lining up at Comic-Con for a look at Hal Jordan’s maiden mission. Check out the trailer, and download exclusive sneak peeks now available on the Video Store. On 7/28, return to purchase the feature film. Comic-Con attracts fans from all corners of the globe to hear from stars, see new offerings and experience a one-of-a-kind event. If you can’t be there in person, you can still celebrate with us on PlayStation Store.

This week we’ve added the following new content:

HD Movies

• Bring It On: All or Nothing
  • Bring It On: In It to Win It
  • Conan the Barbarian
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
  • Epic Movie UNRATED
  • Fried Green Tomatoes
  • Jetsons: The Movie
  • Joy Ride
  • Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
  • Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life
  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith
  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Unrated)
  • My Super Ex-Girlfriend

• Five Fingers
  • Reno 911: Miami
  • Garden Party
  • Watchmen
  • Watchmen: Director’s Cut
  • Green Lantern: First Flight – Trailer
  • Green Lantern: First Flight Sneak-Peek (Part 1 of 2)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs – Theatrical Trailer

• CTRL | Season 1 F1
  • Miami Social | Season 1 Single In SoBe
  • Hawthorne | Season 1 Trust Me
  • Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List | Season 5 Kathy At The Apollo
  • Prison Break: The Final Break Episode 0
  • Jesse James is a Dead Man | Season 1 Sidecar Racing
  • Robot Chicken | Season 0 Robot Chicken Star Wars: Episode II, Extended Edition
  • The Closer | Season 5 Strike Three
  • Kenny vs. Spenny | Season 5 Who Can Keep A Dump in their Pants the Longest?
  • Gravitation: Lyrics of Love | Season 1
  • Eureka | Season 3 Ep 11

Top Movies

1. Watchmen
    2. Knowing
    3. Push
    4. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
    5. The Haunting in Connecticut (Unrated)
    6. 12 Rounds (Unrated)

6. Warehouse 13 | Season 1 Warehouse – Pilot
    7. UFC Fights | Season 2 Keith Jardine vs Chuck Liddell UFC 76
    8. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 Fatbeard
    9. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 The Ring
    10. FC Fights | Season 2 BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk UFC 84

+ Stallone1993 on July 24th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

Nice update – wish I could download stuff but I’m in Canada. Please, any updates on the status of the Video Store coming to Canada?

Thanks

+ money45_ on July 24th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

not Jon & Kate Plus 8-7=1

+ Pierce2019 on July 24th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

Yes, I just cannot wait for a Canadian Video Store. What a LONG wait it is…

+ Nemesishunter420 on July 24th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

Thx for the list of movies for me to search for and download for free from the internet.

Free rocks.

And Canadians don’t worry about movie store, we ain’t gonna get it.

+ AngelMayLaugh on July 24th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Mr and Mrs Smith doesn’t seem like it would have an unrated version. The movie was pretty tame.

+ ski_bumm on July 24th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

BRING IT ON!!! YESSSSS!!!
Too bad we don’t get any of these classic movies in Canada. :p

+ ajritchie on July 24th, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

Ratchet and Clank fans: the X-Play episode has exclusive video showing gameplay and a description of the new Clank levels. Can’t wait for a Crack in Time! Please assure us that this will not be pushed to 1st qtr 2010 ;)

Thanks for adding the Mystery Science Theater 3000 content. If the guys came out of retirement to do commentary for Transformers 2, that movie would actually be watchable.

+ Enforcer_X on July 24th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Wish I knew which ones came with 5.1 Audio and is it to much to ask for 1080p? You know that FullHD stuff Sony is always bragging about the PS3.

+ Zombie__Assassin on July 24th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

I’m Canadian waaaaaaaaaaaa boohoo. My goodness, I used to think Canadians were cool, but now I just don’t know. Seems like al you guys do is cry. I’m sure if they can get it worked out, you’ll get it. If not go to your local video store and rent a BluRAY.

+ Jeigh on July 24th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

To whoever might be in charge of updating the PC version of the video store:

The Naruto section is only ‘kind of’ getting updated. The Volumes are showing up, but every single one has 0/0 content. Might want to check in on that. (In the event that there’s another way to access it, I’m using Media Go.)

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Liz Walsh on July 24th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Hi – If you sign into Media Go using your PSN account (icon at top right), you should be able to see it, provided you meet the age gate requirements. If you\’re not logged in, Media Go will not show content that is not rated for all ages. Hope that helps!

+ BoneOfWorld on July 24th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

Good selection. Keep them coming. :)

+ Mike_Feith on July 24th, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

Nice update. Been seeing some nice movies and shows lately.

Cant wait for Canada to get something the U.S dont got so I can cry about it (even though I dont care) and see how they like hearing it, oh and give it a crappy rating even though I cant use it. Canada can download movies for free without any kind of potential consequence, so I dont see what the big deal is. You guys do know you can download a movie and convert it to a format the ps3 can read, its free and not hard to learn how to do it. Unless its some kind of ridiculous jealousy thing that we got something you dont….please….thats so….lame.

+ Zezzler on July 24th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

See i would love to spend hundreds of dollars on some movies from the PSN video store… but im Canadian. bring it over and you would have some very nice customers.

+ Majin_Neo on July 24th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

Yes!!! MST3K finally!!!! You all rock!

+ Destiny89 on July 24th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

Canada?

+ LLAMACODE on July 24th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

0/5
no canada

+ Jeigh on July 24th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

You know, they whine now, but it would be SO funny if after it’s released in Canada they revert to not caring, the same as so many PS3 owners in US already have. I can almost guarantee you that guy above won’t spending anywhere near $100 on it. In fact, if/when it’s released up there, these posts may end up getting almost no attention at all rather than the 30 or so comments asking for support in Canada each week. I think they’re doing it just so Grace gets some attention. XD

+ Happy_Spud on July 24th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Can someone please explain again why dowloading movies and TV shows is so popular? They’re overpriced and take forever to download (I have really fast internet too). Plus, no 5.1 sound!

If I want to see the newest thing I’ll go rent it on Blu-Ray. If I’m desperate, I’ll rent it on demand! At least On Demand has 5.1 sound….

+ Happy_Spud on July 24th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

Oh, and with On Demand I don’t have to wait for thing to Download, and it’s in 1080i!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 24th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Hola Kristi Fernandez

Necessitamos sub-títulos para las peliculas y tv shows q ustedes tienem en la tienda Playstation. Yo conozco muchas personas q no hablan y no entienden mucho inglés, entonces, se puedes, por favor, ponga una opción para sub-títulos.

Gracias chica

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on July 29th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Hola! Acaba de ver esto, fue en Comic-Con la semana pasada. Gracias por la sugerencia. Siempre estamos buscando nuevas características para mejorar la tienda de videos. Sus comentarios realmente ayuda.

Just in case anyone else is wondering this is my response in English. Thanks

~~~~~
    Hi! Just saw this, was out at Comic-Con last week. Thanks for the suggestion. We\’re always looking for new features to enhance the video store. Your feedback really helps.

+ SalMoriarty on July 24th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

@Happy_Spud

Sometimes it just beats paying for cable.

+ Zezzler on July 24th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

@Jeigh
Duh. I just dont wanna be left out ;) spending hundreds of dollars (let alone any) on movies is just insane.

+ Nemesishunter420 on July 24th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Movie store should just stream movies and be cheaper. Who really wants to wait an hour to download a hd movie, and then pay up the arse for it?

Canadian’s that want movies, go download them yourself. Nothing will happen to you. I’ve been doing it for years.

Sorry Sony, stick to games, we don’t need movies.

+ ShadOforce on July 24th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Grace,

Is the interview with Titan Studios going to be today? :D

+ LLAMACODE on July 24th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

@ 17
there is no longer a rental store in my area and I haven’t surround sound or an hd tv.
Recently i have just been downloading movies or streaming them but I hate watching movies on my computer

maybe one person will not spend a hundred dollars but there are alot more than one person in Canada and sony is missing out on alot of money

Aside from that, the fact that they will give us zero information on the topic really bugs me. are they ever going to bring it other countries?
Im starting to have my doubts as its been well over a year since the us release

+ MadmanEU on July 24th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Have you disabled comment rating because you keep getting **** ratings from Canadians?

Maybe instead of silencing their voice you should, you know, actually do your job and get this going in Canada?

+ J1O9S9E2 on July 24th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Good update but i wish there were pokemon episodes though, at least season 1. (YES shut up I still watch it & Digimon) I sometimes feel nostalgic and would like to watch it on my psp, just a request if it was possible. Also a little suggestion, I my self have PLENTY of space on my hard drive and instead of buying single episodes i would like the option to buy whole seasons at a cheaper price or with newer shows have some kind of deal where you pay everything at once and when a new episode is out you just download it since you already paid for the whole season, don’t know if thats even possible but I would really appreciable that option (easier on my wallet) Thank u guys and keep up the good work.

+ Mobius_124 on July 24th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

hey guys, is it possible if the download list of your store account in general be more simple?

for example, I wanted to download a game that I bought and downloaded previously, but wanted to download it again in my HDD, but its hard to find it because of the amount of stuff that I downloaded previously in my account which is now in my download list. can we have a search bar or something to make it more simple to find it?

+ ZAANOS on July 24th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is comedy gold. “Chicken go cluck cluck cow go moo got to be an animal how bout yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu???” “Kaka kaka I’m a birdie too!!!!!”

+ StalkingSilence on July 24th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Top Movies:
“7. Gran Torino Live”

When did Clint Eastwood start doing a broadway interpretation? haha

+ Steveolio on July 24th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

@30 Didn’t you see the commercials…it’s going to blow Wicked out of the water.

Seriously though, why do I have to pay $4 for a SD digital rental that is TOO much, I will continue to use REDBOX until the price is lowered. It is unfortunate, I would rather give my money to SCE.

+ midnightshade on July 24th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

@ Nemesishunter420

I guess you guys don’t realize you can “Stream” movies… I do it all the time. I guy to the ps store buy a tv show or movie. Let it download for about 1 min so its’ at around 3% done and hit “play while downloading” it streams the movie with no skips at all. It’s great! I don’t have hd cable, as comcast sucks…

This service is great. I work different schedules with my girl so we miss a lot of tv shows we enjoy watching together. For the few bucks it cost, i download the SD version which the ps3 upscales beautifully on my bravia. It’s also great to have a visual guide with previews on movies. MY girl and I love the movie store.

Just because some of you don’t use it doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t.

+ Blkant on July 24th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

YES! Monty Python has arrived on PSN!!!! What a glorious week :D

+ LordChocoSlime on July 24th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

[This post ONLY refers to the anime added to the PS Store’s Video section since I’m not interested in the vast majority of live-action movies and non-anime TV shows.]

Looks like another good update in terms of anime eps. Thanks for the update.

+ hopp on July 24th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

im in canada and yeah no movies but they send me video store updates in my email and to honest it pisses me off sorry but if we cant get them why send us the update so we can just get more dissappointed with sony every friday but hey what can you do guess theres not enough money in canada for them……i guess ill have to move to the states….

+ GeneralOfDeath on July 24th, 2009 at 9:34 pm said:

You guys hate Canada? Can we get some response or some love?