PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Fat Princess: Worth the Weight (Here’s the Date)

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jul 27, 2009 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99.

Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.

The sheer amount of questions submitted was fantastic, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to come up with some really good ones.

Please check out this interview with Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan Studios for answers to your most burning questions. We’ll do our best to follow up and respond to some of the others we weren’t able to cover during the interview soon.

We mean it…see you on the battlefield soon!

450 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ eaferrari24 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

ughh.. no in-game music.. nooooooooooooooooooooo!

+ bravo9zero on July 27th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

So Fat Princess will come out in the UK this week aswel?

What will the price be in the UK? £5?

+ whoelse on July 27th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Wow look at the size of that desk! I hope it’s not all yours Jeff!

+ onlineatron on July 27th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

Is this the EU/UK release date aswell?

What will the price be over here?

+ Bloody_Marcel on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Why some devs refuse to implement a proper party system is beyond me. You should have that as standard on top of whatever else it was mentioned in the interview.

*shakes head*

+ depward on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Purchasing it – fantastic!

+ almighty-slayer on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

FINAALLLLYYYYYYY!!!!!

Definitely getting this game :)

+ Ghost_Shrimp on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Oh man I can’t wait for this. I love it when release dates are so close after the release date announcement. This is a very pleasant surprise.

+ onlineatron on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Hoping for a £10 to £12 price point.

+ Mr_Therapy on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

WTF? $15 for Fat Princess? Come on… I picked up a used copy of Mirror’s Edge for $10. Developers need to remember that their digital titles can never be sold and are competing with full retail titles too. For $5, FP would be a 100% buy. For $10 it would be a maybe (I’d have to try a demo). For $15 it just isn’t going to happen – which is sad because it looks like a very cool game. It just doesn’t appear to have enough depth for $15. Who knows though…maybe I’m wrong. My 2 cents, out.

+ DeathGazer on July 27th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Yes it’s a worldwide release. Read the f’n article.

+ Delriach on July 27th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Will there be the ability for keyboard chatting,like in MGO and LBP?

+ Ghettocarpenter on July 27th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

About time

+ Daimomaru on July 27th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

If only my PS3 wasn’t getting fix by sony. As soon as I have it back I will get my hands on: Wipeout HD fury, Killzone 2 map pack. wild arms 2, Fat Princess!! and other good stuff I’ve been missing. And don’t forget Marvel vs Capcom 2 on august 13th…dammit, why is the PSN one delayed?

Hmmmmmm?

$9.99 + $5.99 + $5.99 + $14.99 + $14.99 = $51.95…o___O…oh well, I don’t care…^_^.

+ SamyGamgi on July 27th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEAAAHHHH !!!
But did they answer ’bout splitscreen ?

Anyway i’m freakin’ happy now !

+ phinnv8 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Weird they are announced a release date so soon just as the game was cooling off big type.

Game looks awesome, not sure if I’ll get it day1 now as I just bought BF1943 cause I got tired of not hearing about a date.

As it appears some people at Sony do actually read the blog:
-Cross Game Voice Chat
-Party Features
-New OS features (like 360) please

+ TobiUchiha on July 27th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

AWESOME, I’ve been waiting SO LONG for this game, just to clarify what is the price for the UK?

+ Direxnipe on July 27th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

does anybody know if there i going to be any local multiplayer?

+ TamarindLAZ on July 27th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Hopefully the money I’ve been saving on my PSN account and holding out from buying other awesome games is justified with this game.

+ hife on July 27th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Finally!!!

+ Simmons19 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Awesome! can’t wait

+ EddyxMob on July 27th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Bioshock 2 Q&A???? ><

+ Torgo on July 27th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Just in time for my Birthday!!!! YAY!!!!!

Fat Tuesdays, HERE WE COME!

+ kKrySh12 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

all i needed to see was the first sentence, THANK YOU SANTA MONICA/TITAN STUDIOS!!!

+ DNAgent on July 27th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

$15? I was excited that it was coming out soon but then I saw the price. I won’t be buying it for that price. I will either wait for a price drop or I won’t buy it at all.

+ bravo9zero on July 27th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Definitely getting this game, day one (with the right price)

Disappointedtheirs no Custom music tho :(
All Games should support this feature.

+ DNAgent on July 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

By the way, I don’t think anyone should download this for $15 because it will probably mean a higher pricing structure for games in the future. Just look at the 360 when they made Braid cost 1200 MS Points. Now 800 Points is the standard price and 1200 points are for more hyped games when the 1200 points should be 800 points. I think the same thing will be happening here too if a bunch of people buy it.

+ PIRATKOPIA on July 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

OMG !!! This game will be epic win. Titan will really make a name for them selfs. Fat Princess will never die. I can see why people already asking for DLC, this game just looks awesome. Thanks TITAN and Sony for delivering this masterpiece in it’s full shine of glory. See ya guys at the hilarious battlefield…

+ Jmahlberg on July 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Finally,

+ WiZeGuY on July 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Played this at Comic-Con.. 1st day buy for me! :-D

+ bravo9zero on July 27th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

No edit button Grrr!

disappointedtheirs = disappointed theirs ;)

+ PlanetTelex on July 27th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

I have one thing to say…

I love you

+ Ospov on July 27th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

Of course I’ll be on vacation when it’s released…

+ joseph2411 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

At last!!

+ Daimomaru on July 27th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

@ Mr_Therapy

If you don’t like the price don’t buy it as simple as that. Mirror’s edge was once $60 and they always have to low the prices because if not they would loose tons of money (the game isn’t that good), that’s why now you see Dark Sector costing like $8. They rather have their investment back than loose all the money they put into it. $15 is ok, it could be $10 like Bomberman Ultra, but not $5. Anyways wait for Castle Crashers then…^___^ or pray that Sprint give it free in two weeks lol.

+ MooseCan on July 27th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

OH LAWDY YES

+ moonlooped1 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ BurntOrange32 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

It’s more expensive that I was expecting, but it’ll totally be worth it :).

+ Spunta on July 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

@60

… You’re complaining about a game that costs 15 dollars new in this day and age? Not used. New. Mirror’s Edge used is so cheap because it’s one of the most traded in games. It has zero replay value after you beat its almost 7 hour story mode.
Fat Princess promises hours upon hours of play on and off line. High supply and little demand for it makes Mirror’s Edge $10. Not due to developer’s wanting it that way.

DLC these days give around 1-2 hours more play and it costs an average of $4.99. This is $14.99 for unlimited play with thousands of new experience to be had with thousands of players.

A quarter of my bi-weekly groceries costs 15 dollars (three men in one apartment). I’m sure you can find it in your “shallow” pockets to spare some money to a well developed game.

PS- It’s people like you that make me sob at my desk at my marketing internship.

+ gus_xl on July 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Thanks for all the hard work. I can’t wait for this game!

+ phinnv8 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

After watching the video $15 seems like an awesome deal for this game and all the stuff that’s in it. I wish they announced a date sooner before I bought other stuff but I’m sure I’ll get this too.

+ BlindsideDork on July 27th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Where’s Jessica-305 asking for this game?

+ MooseCan on July 27th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

only 3 days away…its going to be a long 3 days :/

+ TheGuardianFID on July 27th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Freaking awesome, thank you guys for all of your hard work, I can’t wait to play it!!! :D

+ fan1310 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

the video refresh automatically if the mouse cursor is over it. I am using the latest version of firefox

+ Folkenhellfang on July 27th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Any word if Fat Princess will support Remote Play? I was really glad to see a new relase like Blazblue to support the feature and am looking for more 1st party games to support it. Don’t let Onlive beat you guys on this technology!

+ PIRATKOPIA on July 27th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Don’t understand people [DELETED] about no in-game music. The developers said in this interview that they layed more works on the server handling. So if host lags of the server, the next best player with best connection will take over the hosting. I think this feature gives the game more, then in-game music feature. Seriously people. Turn of the sound on your TV and put your stereo on with your own music or listen to your ipod while playing Fat Princess. Still it’s all about the gaming experience and online experice that are most imported for the most of us who will get Fat Princess. Ones more… Thank you Titan and Sony.

+ Duseldorf on July 27th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

OMG! Finally. I can’t believe it’s finally here. I would love to participate in the Devs VS Gamers ASAP!

Great Game and so glad it’s here!

+ stlcardinal9 on July 27th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

cool thanks

+ gmli on July 27th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

And does someone know the price in europe ? $15 = 10.5€. I hope sony could, this time, remember it.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10