PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Fat Princess: Worth the Weight (Here’s the Date)

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jul 27, 2009 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99.

Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.

The sheer amount of questions submitted was fantastic, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to come up with some really good ones.

Please check out this interview with Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan Studios for answers to your most burning questions. We’ll do our best to follow up and respond to some of the others we weren’t able to cover during the interview soon.

We mean it…see you on the battlefield soon!

450 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 10

+ Dirty_Dave on July 27th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

YAY, I LOVE YOU TITAN!

I can’t believe the lame-brains on here complaining about the price being too high! I seriously bet you that Fat Princess will be the best damn $15 you ever spent in your life, especially on a video game. This is a totally new original IP that you could get months even years of enjoyment out of. It’s beautiful, funny, witty, clever, and FUN FUN FUN! This game has been at the top of my list of most anticipated games because I am a true gamer and I know my [DELETED]. I research video games thoroughly and have impeccable taste. This game’s release is just as important to me as Modern Warfare 2, Among Thieves, God Of War 3, etc… Downloadable titles like this one that use the medium for such a brilliant merging of the hardcore with the casual, the old school with the new, and the cuteness with the violence, deserve an enormous amount of hype. Especially a game like Fat Princess where every game Journo who has played the game absolutely loved it and said it was fantastic!

+ Dirty_Dave on July 27th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

You people who are complaining about a full-fledged 32 player ingenious castle seige game that is a completely new IP based on a brilliant premesis being “TOO EXPENSIVE” have not done your homework! You simply are not true gamers and don’t know what you are talking about. $15 for this game is an absolute STEAL and anyone with any taste would be a complete fool not to purchase this miracle dlc and PLAY THE HE## OUT OF IT!! Thankyou Titan for all the TLC and hard work I know you put into this gem of a game. Day 1 purchase for me without a doubt and I’m sure I will be playing for a very long time! CHEERS :)

+ musashi1290 on July 27th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Finally, I was thinking it would come out in August. Why are you people complaining about the price? BF1943 was 15 dollar and was released with bugs. CANT WAIT THOUGH!!!! Getting my PSN card Wednesday see you all there.

+ Aphex3D on July 27th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

Can someone answer me if there is any kind of offline multiplayer? The description says online and offline multiplayer, but from what I know there is no offline. Thanks,

+ ThanatosDMC on July 27th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

AWESOME!!! Like the vid interview.

+ Pelt_Hunter on July 27th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

I totally called the $15 price point. Toats McGoats.

What an excellent choice by Sony. July 30th this will be bought IMMEDIATELY. I also need to pick up the Fury pack because I just bought the original for the sale price and it was more than worth it.

+ Maakasukage on July 27th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

WHY IS SOME PEOPLE WORKED UP ABOUT THE PRICE, THEY MADE IT FAIR, LOL THEY COULD’VE CHARGED US MORE IF THEY WANTED. MANY PSN TITLES ARE USUALLY 9.99 OR 14.99, THIS GAME HAS MORE CONTENT AND GAMEPLAY THAN BF 1943 AND BF IS 14.99, SO IF THEY WANTED IT PROBLY COULD’VE BEEN MORE, BUT THEN THE WHINING WOULD BE WORSE! even if it was more, It would still be worth it! I like BF 1943, But the price is normal and again quite in our favour. Not insane! Because Titan Studios is awesome! For this game!, For being them, and just being awesome.

(Its quite obvious some people aren’t used to buying games off of PSN, I don’t have the fundings to go crazy on PSN, But when I can I pick whats worth my time! I still think 14.99 is a great price for the content and depth of this game) No offence meant but seriously?

+ Maakasukage on July 27th, 2009 at 9:34 pm said:

P.S. Those people who don’t think its worth 15$, are sad…Sad people….Its more than worth it. Its a game that YOU WILL COME BACK FOR AGAIN and Again for Months on End!

+ Maakasukage on July 27th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Also, Can’t wait for it!, Im probly going to be a Warrior, Worker and hmmm, I’ll check out the others ^^ to see what I Prefer. Man its still Monday..Well tuesday here its 12:45. Dang it. I have to go get a PSN card. and while im there play the Batman AA game.

+ Maakasukage on July 27th, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

Oh sorry for yet another post, But….. DAY ONE BUY FOR ME XD!!!!!!!! Hope to see you all on the battlefield. Hopefully fighting with m ^_~, But if your against me… Lets have fun!

+ SingleShot10 on July 27th, 2009 at 10:04 pm said:

OK ARE YOU GUYS SURE THIS TIME!!!!!!! BECAUSE I REMEMBER YOU GUYS RELEASEING A DATE BEFORE. BUT THEN YOU GUYSS RAN INTO A PROBLOM. ALSO I HAVE A HUGE QUSTION THAT IT WOULD BE VERY NICE THAT YOU WOULD RESPOND TO WHY ON WEBSITES LIKE IGN DID THEY SAY FAT PRINCESS RELEASES SEPTEMBER 30TH?

+ Cluster1990 on July 27th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

I appreciate how developers wish for people to enjoy the music that comes with the game, allot of work goes into it and it should be experienced. however 2 ,3 months down the line, im sure everyone will have heard and experienced it.

+ LOGic1607 on July 27th, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

+ SingleShot10 on July 27th, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

you know i have 3 PS3s in my houses so if i want to play Fat princess with my freinds all i do is give it to my relitives and play it.

+ beck009 on July 27th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

finally!!, I’m buying this the moment it comes out.only 15 buck ^_^ i was expecting a higher price.

+ Jherkins on July 28th, 2009 at 12:30 am said:

Man, I am so stoked. $15 seems like such a deal for all of the enjoyment I will be getting out of this game. :) I lok forward to seeing everyone out on the field on day 1 having a blast. If anyone would like to get some games going, my psn id is Jherkins. Wooooooot!

+ SpiritThief on July 28th, 2009 at 12:59 am said:

I guess I was right. 15 dollars is the new price point for multiplayer games. Fine with me. Now make DLC 4.99 for evens sake:D

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get to see Tool live and then come home to download Fat Princess.

And the Cake isn’t a lie this time!

+ mad0joker1995 on July 28th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

cant wait for this game so excited and wait for thursday hit me me up online psn is mad0joker1995

+ xploz1on on July 28th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

Great news guys! Best of luck!

+ peevmyster on July 28th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

I am so sick of hearing people whine about custom soundtracks. These guys put music in their games for a reason. I for one don’t want to listen to some internet [DELETED] blasting britney over their mic. It’s bad enough that [DELETED] can play a radio over their mics, give them the power to do it on the console, and even more people will do it. I hope this feature NEVER comes to the PS3!

+ VivaGardner on July 28th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Fun beta, $15 makes it a no-buy for me.

Come on now, $9.99

+ Gulzt on July 28th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

I’ll keep on playing this forever if it’s as good as it seems to be!

+ MooseCan on July 28th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

15 dollars isnt a big investment, jesus

+ TuxBobble on July 28th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

Wow, nice long thorough interview! Thanks for the heads up!

+ CPLPhatD on July 28th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

I’d still buy this game if it was $30.

+ Transient on July 28th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Finally someone is listening. $15 for this game is an excellent price — thank you!

+ psybex on July 28th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

I can’t wait. Does anyone know if this game will be sharable? I have 3 PS3′s in my house.

+ Psub_Xero on July 28th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Oh man Fat princess was the perfect game for XMB music and Youtube uploads. If only Santa Monica told Titan about there other amazing online title Warhawk. “Yep it was awesome Especially because of its XMB music and local multiplayer” I wasn’t going to buy Warhawk but when I found it played XMB music I gladly handed Sony a fat stack of cash for it. I will buy fat princess but I probably won’t be fun for as long as Warhawk. Well I’m going to post So I can go play Warhawk.

+ SingleShot10 on July 28th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

I CAN FINNALLY HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!!!!

+ ivanramon on July 28th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Nice timing. I found myself not playing anything right now…

+ mad0joker1995 on July 28th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

i glad there is no music in game . its very annoying when people have there radio on and there mic. it be even worse if there was music . i just want split screen

+ ArPhaXad124 on July 28th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Great News! I’m definitely going to buy this day one. Little disappointed about the lack of in game xmb music though.. I really don’t see how it isn’t a default feature in every game by now. Everybody says “Oh, our soundtrack is good enough, there’s no reason for you to play your own” Imo, no matter how good the game’s soundtrack is, it’ll get old after a while. Can it really be that hard to add?

+ snoopypup248 on July 28th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Yay! Super excited! I was worried that it was going to be pushed till Winter… -whew-

+ LiquidJ on July 28th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Looks good guys! Only two more day. Ni-ice!

+ RsEmTaArRtD on July 28th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

$14.99 [DELETED] i thought it wounld only be 9.99 really need to get another card now

+ pimentel2 on July 28th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Oh yeah, I’m gonna get this as soon as I get a PSN card!

+ GOT2BALL on July 28th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Been waiting for this game to come out since I heard about it at E3 awhile back this game looks spectacular and funny its going to be epic!

+ mknightstalkerx on July 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Great news. Can’t wait. I still have the beta on my HDD. And i can still play the single player part. Why is that?

+ mad0joker1995 on July 28th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

i wish i got the beta

+ kewwwwwin on July 28th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

FAT PRINCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ peepeedance on July 28th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

SingleShot10 ign uses September 30th has a holder date for anything announced for Q3 release you will notice alot of games have or had that date

+ peepeedance on July 28th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

if you guys want to hear your music so bad turn off the music in game and use something else to hear your music the way people have been doing it for years

+ kujuka on July 28th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

I’m really liking this game but i hope you guys patch in splitscreen capability. ;)

+ afdgsfdgnb on July 28th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

When it comes on disc, I’ll buy it.

+ Velzorn on July 28th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

I’ve been excited about this game for awhile. I will gladly be handing over $15 on day one.

I’m sure it will be a success and I hope that success is returned to the fans through patches and DLC.

See you on the battle field.

+ SingleShot10 on July 28th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

IM COMPLETELY SOLD!!!!!!!

+ Mak33 on July 29th, 2009 at 12:43 am said:

I’m purchasing this on Thursday. Wow this game really looks refreshing as far as the concept of the game.

+ HawkEyes1 on July 29th, 2009 at 12:53 am said:

ZZZzzzsz Unioriginal junk from Sony =( Fat Princess looks so Childish LMAO!! where is TRINE dam it delay delay.. omg seriously you gamer developers are so getting boring! You can’t keep up with what we’ve been asking for months better updates IN GAME MUSIC AND CROSS IN GAME CHAT!!! the PSN is sucking big time!

+ ChocoDK on July 29th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

When I first saw the game at E3 2008 I thought the game looked awesome and was really looking forward to it. When I saw it at E3 2009 I wasn’t as excited but still wanted to get it.

However, I will now wait for it to be on sale. Call me cheap if you wish but I don’t agree with $15 price points for PSN Games. Plus Marvel vs. Capcom is out on Xbox Arcade now and TMNT: Turtles in Time is coming out next week (although Ubisoft destroyed the classic). And all these games are priced at $15USD.

+ Dirty_Dave on July 29th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Choco[DELETED]

What in the devil are you rambling about? What does anything you just said have to do with anything? Weirdo

YAY FAT PRINCESS! You make the rockin’ world go round!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 10