Uncharted 4

Jul 27

Jul 27

Fat Princess: Worth the Weight (Here’s the Date)

Deborah Mars's Avatar Posted by Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99.

Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.

The sheer amount of questions submitted was fantastic, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to come up with some really good ones.

Please check out this interview with Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan Studios for answers to your most burning questions. We’ll do our best to follow up and respond to some of the others we weren’t able to cover during the interview soon.

We mean it…see you on the battlefield soon!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 10

Dirty_Dave said:

July 27th, 8:14 pm

YAY, I LOVE YOU TITAN!

I can’t believe the lame-brains on here complaining about the price being too high! I seriously bet you that Fat Princess will be the best damn $15 you ever spent in your life, especially on a video game. This is a totally new original IP that you could get months even years of enjoyment out of. It’s beautiful, funny, witty, clever, and FUN FUN FUN! This game has been at the top of my list of most anticipated games because I am a true gamer and I know my [DELETED]. I research video games thoroughly and have impeccable taste. This game’s release is just as important to me as Modern Warfare 2, Among Thieves, God Of War 3, etc… Downloadable titles like this one that use the medium for such a brilliant merging of the hardcore with the casual, the old school with the new, and the cuteness with the violence, deserve an enormous amount of hype. Especially a game like Fat Princess where every game Journo who has played the game absolutely loved it and said it was fantastic!

Dirty_Dave said:

July 27th, 8:20 pm

You people who are complaining about a full-fledged 32 player ingenious castle seige game that is a completely new IP based on a brilliant premesis being “TOO EXPENSIVE” have not done your homework! You simply are not true gamers and don’t know what you are talking about. $15 for this game is an absolute STEAL and anyone with any taste would be a complete fool not to purchase this miracle dlc and PLAY THE HE## OUT OF IT!! Thankyou Titan for all the TLC and hard work I know you put into this gem of a game. Day 1 purchase for me without a doubt and I’m sure I will be playing for a very long time! CHEERS :)

musashi1290 said:

July 27th, 8:34 pm

Finally, I was thinking it would come out in August. Why are you people complaining about the price? BF1943 was 15 dollar and was released with bugs. CANT WAIT THOUGH!!!! Getting my PSN card Wednesday see you all there.

Aphex3D said:

July 27th, 8:42 pm

Can someone answer me if there is any kind of offline multiplayer? The description says online and offline multiplayer, but from what I know there is no offline. Thanks,

ThanatosDMC said:

July 27th, 8:45 pm

AWESOME!!! Like the vid interview.

Pelt_Hunter said:

July 27th, 8:51 pm

I totally called the $15 price point. Toats McGoats.

What an excellent choice by Sony. July 30th this will be bought IMMEDIATELY. I also need to pick up the Fury pack because I just bought the original for the sale price and it was more than worth it.

Maakasukage said:

July 27th, 9:30 pm

WHY IS SOME PEOPLE WORKED UP ABOUT THE PRICE, THEY MADE IT FAIR, LOL THEY COULD’VE CHARGED US MORE IF THEY WANTED. MANY PSN TITLES ARE USUALLY 9.99 OR 14.99, THIS GAME HAS MORE CONTENT AND GAMEPLAY THAN BF 1943 AND BF IS 14.99, SO IF THEY WANTED IT PROBLY COULD’VE BEEN MORE, BUT THEN THE WHINING WOULD BE WORSE! even if it was more, It would still be worth it! I like BF 1943, But the price is normal and again quite in our favour. Not insane! Because Titan Studios is awesome! For this game!, For being them, and just being awesome.

(Its quite obvious some people aren’t used to buying games off of PSN, I don’t have the fundings to go crazy on PSN, But when I can I pick whats worth my time! I still think 14.99 is a great price for the content and depth of this game) No offence meant but seriously?

Maakasukage said:

July 27th, 9:34 pm

P.S. Those people who don’t think its worth 15$, are sad…Sad people….Its more than worth it. Its a game that YOU WILL COME BACK FOR AGAIN and Again for Months on End!

Maakasukage said:

July 27th, 9:40 pm

Also, Can’t wait for it!, Im probly going to be a Warrior, Worker and hmmm, I’ll check out the others ^^ to see what I Prefer. Man its still Monday..Well tuesday here its 12:45. Dang it. I have to go get a PSN card. and while im there play the Batman AA game.

Maakasukage said:

July 27th, 9:42 pm

Oh sorry for yet another post, But….. DAY ONE BUY FOR ME XD!!!!!!!! Hope to see you all on the battlefield. Hopefully fighting with m ^_~, But if your against me… Lets have fun!

SingleShot10 said:

July 27th, 10:04 pm

OK ARE YOU GUYS SURE THIS TIME!!!!!!! BECAUSE I REMEMBER YOU GUYS RELEASEING A DATE BEFORE. BUT THEN YOU GUYSS RAN INTO A PROBLOM. ALSO I HAVE A HUGE QUSTION THAT IT WOULD BE VERY NICE THAT YOU WOULD RESPOND TO WHY ON WEBSITES LIKE IGN DID THEY SAY FAT PRINCESS RELEASES SEPTEMBER 30TH?

Cluster1990 said:

July 27th, 10:12 pm

I appreciate how developers wish for people to enjoy the music that comes with the game, allot of work goes into it and it should be experienced. however 2 ,3 months down the line, im sure everyone will have heard and experienced it.

LOGic1607 said:

July 27th, 10:13 pm

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

SingleShot10 said:

July 27th, 10:25 pm

you know i have 3 PS3s in my houses so if i want to play Fat princess with my freinds all i do is give it to my relitives and play it.

beck009 said:

July 27th, 11:21 pm

finally!!, I’m buying this the moment it comes out.only 15 buck ^_^ i was expecting a higher price.

Jherkins said:

July 28th, 12:30 am

Man, I am so stoked. $15 seems like such a deal for all of the enjoyment I will be getting out of this game. :) I lok forward to seeing everyone out on the field on day 1 having a blast. If anyone would like to get some games going, my psn id is Jherkins. Wooooooot!

SpiritThief said:

July 28th, 12:59 am

I guess I was right. 15 dollars is the new price point for multiplayer games. Fine with me. Now make DLC 4.99 for evens sake:D

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get to see Tool live and then come home to download Fat Princess.

And the Cake isn’t a lie this time!

mad0joker1995 said:

July 28th, 6:51 am

cant wait for this game so excited and wait for thursday hit me me up online psn is mad0joker1995

xploz1on said:

July 28th, 8:31 am

Great news guys! Best of luck!

peevmyster said:

July 28th, 8:40 am

I am so sick of hearing people whine about custom soundtracks. These guys put music in their games for a reason. I for one don’t want to listen to some internet [DELETED] blasting britney over their mic. It’s bad enough that [DELETED] can play a radio over their mics, give them the power to do it on the console, and even more people will do it. I hope this feature NEVER comes to the PS3!

VivaGardner said:

July 28th, 8:52 am

Fun beta, $15 makes it a no-buy for me.

Come on now, $9.99

Gulzt said:

July 28th, 9:03 am

I’ll keep on playing this forever if it’s as good as it seems to be!

MooseCan said:

July 28th, 9:06 am

15 dollars isnt a big investment, jesus

TuxBobble said:

July 28th, 9:29 am

Wow, nice long thorough interview! Thanks for the heads up!

CPLPhatD said:

July 28th, 9:33 am

I’d still buy this game if it was $30.

Transient said:

July 28th, 9:35 am

Finally someone is listening. $15 for this game is an excellent price — thank you!

psybex said:

July 28th, 9:38 am

I can’t wait. Does anyone know if this game will be sharable? I have 3 PS3’s in my house.

Psub_Xero said:

July 28th, 10:21 am

Oh man Fat princess was the perfect game for XMB music and Youtube uploads. If only Santa Monica told Titan about there other amazing online title Warhawk. “Yep it was awesome Especially because of its XMB music and local multiplayer” I wasn’t going to buy Warhawk but when I found it played XMB music I gladly handed Sony a fat stack of cash for it. I will buy fat princess but I probably won’t be fun for as long as Warhawk. Well I’m going to post So I can go play Warhawk.

SingleShot10 said:

July 28th, 10:29 am

I CAN FINNALLY HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!!!!

ivanramon said:

July 28th, 11:15 am

Nice timing. I found myself not playing anything right now…

mad0joker1995 said:

July 28th, 11:30 am

i glad there is no music in game . its very annoying when people have there radio on and there mic. it be even worse if there was music . i just want split screen

ArPhaXad124 said:

July 28th, 11:44 am

Great News! I’m definitely going to buy this day one. Little disappointed about the lack of in game xmb music though.. I really don’t see how it isn’t a default feature in every game by now. Everybody says “Oh, our soundtrack is good enough, there’s no reason for you to play your own” Imo, no matter how good the game’s soundtrack is, it’ll get old after a while. Can it really be that hard to add?

snoopypup248 said:

July 28th, 11:45 am

Yay! Super excited! I was worried that it was going to be pushed till Winter… -whew-

LiquidJ said:

July 28th, 12:17 pm

Looks good guys! Only two more day. Ni-ice!

RsEmTaArRtD said:

July 28th, 12:32 pm

$14.99 [DELETED] i thought it wounld only be 9.99 really need to get another card now

pimentel2 said:

July 28th, 1:39 pm

Oh yeah, I’m gonna get this as soon as I get a PSN card!

GOT2BALL said:

July 28th, 2:16 pm

Been waiting for this game to come out since I heard about it at E3 awhile back this game looks spectacular and funny its going to be epic!

mknightstalkerx said:

July 28th, 2:51 pm

Great news. Can’t wait. I still have the beta on my HDD. And i can still play the single player part. Why is that?

mad0joker1995 said:

July 28th, 3:31 pm

i wish i got the beta

kewwwwwin said:

July 28th, 3:59 pm

FAT PRINCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peepeedance said:

July 28th, 5:29 pm

SingleShot10 ign uses September 30th has a holder date for anything announced for Q3 release you will notice alot of games have or had that date

peepeedance said:

July 28th, 5:34 pm

if you guys want to hear your music so bad turn off the music in game and use something else to hear your music the way people have been doing it for years

kujuka said:

July 28th, 6:59 pm

I’m really liking this game but i hope you guys patch in splitscreen capability. ;)

afdgsfdgnb said:

July 28th, 7:02 pm

When it comes on disc, I’ll buy it.

Velzorn said:

July 28th, 7:22 pm

I’ve been excited about this game for awhile. I will gladly be handing over $15 on day one.

I’m sure it will be a success and I hope that success is returned to the fans through patches and DLC.

See you on the battle field.

SingleShot10 said:

July 28th, 10:19 pm

IM COMPLETELY SOLD!!!!!!!

Mak33 said:

July 29th, 12:43 am

I’m purchasing this on Thursday. Wow this game really looks refreshing as far as the concept of the game.

HawkEyes1 said:

July 29th, 12:53 am

ZZZzzzsz Unioriginal junk from Sony =( Fat Princess looks so Childish LMAO!! where is TRINE dam it delay delay.. omg seriously you gamer developers are so getting boring! You can’t keep up with what we’ve been asking for months better updates IN GAME MUSIC AND CROSS IN GAME CHAT!!! the PSN is sucking big time!

ChocoDK said:

July 29th, 6:58 am

When I first saw the game at E3 2008 I thought the game looked awesome and was really looking forward to it. When I saw it at E3 2009 I wasn’t as excited but still wanted to get it.

However, I will now wait for it to be on sale. Call me cheap if you wish but I don’t agree with $15 price points for PSN Games. Plus Marvel vs. Capcom is out on Xbox Arcade now and TMNT: Turtles in Time is coming out next week (although Ubisoft destroyed the classic). And all these games are priced at $15USD.

Dirty_Dave said:

July 29th, 8:37 am

Choco[DELETED]

What in the devil are you rambling about? What does anything you just said have to do with anything? Weirdo

YAY FAT PRINCESS! You make the rockin’ world go round!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 10