PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Fat Princess: Worth the Weight (Here’s the Date)

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jul 27, 2009 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99.

Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.

The sheer amount of questions submitted was fantastic, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to come up with some really good ones.

Please check out this interview with Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan Studios for answers to your most burning questions. We’ll do our best to follow up and respond to some of the others we weren’t able to cover during the interview soon.

We mean it…see you on the battlefield soon!

450 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10

+ moonlooped1 on July 30th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

IT’S OUT
!!!!!!!!

+ D-Tmoyo on July 30th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

IT IS NOT OUT U [DELETED]

+ D-Tmoyo on July 30th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

NVM I AM SO SORRY I AM DLING RIGHT NOW 9 MIN LEFT SORRY

+ ibplunderin on July 30th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

lol

+ moonlooped1 on July 30th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

GO TO VIEW ALL BY TITLE AND FIND “F” THEN “FAT PRINCESS”!!!!

+ D-Tmoyo on July 30th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

I LOVE YOU ALL
SEE U IN THE FATTY WORLD

+ gamedaygator on July 30th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

fat princess is out for summer! yea baby:}

+ HenryFlower on July 30th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

It’s out! Horray!

+ RsEmTaArRtD on July 30th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

3:30 in central NA still no princess. Come on. I see they put up the videos but not the game. Were is it. Sony and the developers better get their heads out of there asses or else these going to be a riot!

+ gamedaygator on July 30th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

im downloading now its at 66% yea!

+ gamedaygator on July 30th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

c ya on there bye! :]

+ HenryFlower on July 30th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

I’m in California, and it’s out. It doesn’t come up in the Information Bar, but I went it New Releases and it was the first one there. Downloading as we speak.

+ D-Tmoyo on July 30th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

OK I AM DONE YES!!!!!

+ RsEmTaArRtD on July 30th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

3:40 central THE FAT IS OUT!!! Game is selling for $14.99 USD (15.95 tax) cant wait for it to download!

+ TheTrueOREO on July 30th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

downloading now, went up around 4:40 EST

+ turtlecatperson on July 30th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

what the hell when is the psp version coming out its not on the update!?!

+ CAYoung on July 30th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

5:04 EST, any word from you guys on the East Coast?

+ CAYoung on July 30th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

nvm, page didn’t refresh.. see you all online!

+ bmoneysoto on July 30th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

the game is out in tx guys currently downloading it
see ya in the battlefield

+ MATBchasqui on July 30th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Is there split screen ?

+ Wafi24 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

Sadly my ps3 is at my cousin’s house let him borrow it to play. But i cant wait till my brother comes back from stanford his school then we will go to my cuz house and as soon as we are there ill be buying fatty p anyway people see you in the fat world

+ turtlecatperson on July 30th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

does anyone know when the psp version comes out?!?

+ ibplunderin on July 30th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

does anyone else have a problem of playing online? It won’t join any games and no one will join my games :(

+ KLC213 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

whoo dling it now!! see u guys in fatty world!

+ BestCase on July 30th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

@ibplunderin – Yeah, I can’t connect to a game either! :( it goes through the motions for 1-2 minutes and then spits me back out to the main menu with a note that “could not connect to that server” or something similar… whaaa! I want in and could only “play with myself”

+ rougex24 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

man i cant buy the game now all though it came out today but i cant buy it becuase i dont have any money

+ DELICIOUSNEST on July 30th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

@BestCase and @ibplunderin

I cant join any games either. Is there some problem with the netcode? I really hope this isn’t indicative of the online play since it’s tailored entirely to a multiplayer experience save for the small singleplayer against bots.

+ ibplunderin on July 30th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Just check out the Fat Princess forums. You need to search from find game, not just jump in… but even that way it took me almost two hours just to get into a game. Once your in though its fun, this will probably be fixed in the next few days… You would think that we would be used to this crap happening to online games the day they come out by now… but I guess we haven’t yet.

+ terra01 on July 31st, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

Fat Princess is awsome! Loved the launch last night. It would be awsome if you could rank and get power ups as you go (a’la modern warfare.) But good fun! Love the aesthetic of the game, music, graphic design, music. Works really well.

+ Sid1120 on July 31st, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Fat Princess lacks any integrated clan support or Custom Game Search engine, therefor disabling almost any external Clan Match Making if friend lists aren’t used.

Big lack on what seems a game BUILT and DREAMED for clan scrimming.

My advice: wait a bit until the game gets better as people now just wander randomly…

Another problem is the lack of a simple counter of how many people are using the different classes, leaving the player uninformed about what he needs to pick up in order to further help his team.

Such a great game missing out on the little things needed to let the player play it in a meaningful way. I have a long list, but this is not the place for it.

+ TeknoTronic on July 31st, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

@430 Wow dude, whatever happened to just playing a game because its fun? Sure people aren’t working completely as a team right now, but it just got released. It is still loads of fun and plays well for launch day. Server issues will be taken care of and all will be well.

Remember this is a PSN game, so if you came expecting the next Warhammer or Warcraft you gotta ease up.

+ BestCase on July 31st, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

@DELICIOUSNEST – I was able to join a multiplayer game last night and played for a couple hours with the same team (didn’t actually try connecting to a new host) – but everything was GREAT. Hopefully the original connection issue was just overloaded servers dealing with all the new fatties.

Best!

+ Omazing on July 31st, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Ya I got into some matches after a number of tries…..but when I did into one it only lasted a round then the host left…. I think twice it got “migrated” to a new host.

+ gamedaygator on July 31st, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

has anyone gone into whos your daddy rofl it funny and kool! =]

+ gamedaygator on July 31st, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

anyone there

+ gamedaygator on July 31st, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

if u havent done whos your daddy then make sure thats the first thing u do next time ure on your like a grim reaper or somthing u kill guys and chicken =]

+ gamedaygator on July 31st, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

+ TeknoTronic on July 31st, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

I got the grim reaper in game before I did who’s ur daddy. So it seems random for when it makes you the reaper. Maybe you have to have a certain number of kills in the game or something?

+ my_katamari on July 31st, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

I like how the ONLINE is NOT WORKING. I cannot joing games or my friends!!

+ vegankilla on August 1st, 2009 at 2:14 am said:

Sorry friends, this game is crap. Perhaps they can put some of the money they make from the scandalous price they’re charging towards paying some testers for they’re next release.

+ dagundam on August 1st, 2009 at 2:56 am said:

Hi,

to either the developers reading this, or to Jeff Rubenstein. I hope you see how big of a demand there is for splitscreen / multiple users online per PS3.

Please just look at these two threads for proof. And it’s just getting started if no one will listen.

Again This is not hate. Fat Princess rocks but sometimes voices have to be heard about that one small chip in the diamond ring.

1.)

2.)

+ Optiroc on August 2nd, 2009 at 3:16 am said:

Frankly, I’m disappointed. I guess I should’ve seen the “Epic Games” logo as a warning, since there haven’t been a single PS3 game using their technology that is up to my fairly reasonable technical standards for a game. I mean, this is just sloppy… The game locks up the entire machine (including the XMB overlay) for 5-10 second intervals while searching for a game. Which, incidentally, is a task it seldom succeeds in.

One could have hoped for a “playlist”-based matchmaking system (known from COD4 and others) with a couple of well conceived preset gametypes.

Anyway, I’m off for a week of vacation, and if there hasn’t been any improvements made to the game when I’m back I’m demanding a refund.

+ turtlecatperson on August 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

to:optiroc
wow dude you really think youll get a refund after all didint you read the pament policy it said no refunds and also what makes you think youll get the money from them they never answer anyone.

+ luigidkm3 on August 3rd, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

hey please let an update for music background with the xmb please is really annoying the person that tells you taht the princess has been capture and all that please music!!!

+ luigidkm3 on August 3rd, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i rather play pixel junk monster with music background!!!!

+ kharizma22 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

does anyone know if this game can be played cross international. ie… if a US player wants to play in the same game as a EU player, is it possible?

+ akibake on August 4th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I appreciate the work you guys put into this game, and showed my appreciation by buying it right when it came out. But I am surprised by the amount of bugs in the game. I’ve never seen a game this glitchy, and not all the problems are a result of overtaxed servers.

There have been some simple issues like graphics overlaying in the pages of the story book. Of course, this pales in comparison to the sometimes glitchy unplayability in online matches. I have to reluctantly echo Optiroc’s sentiments:

“Also, having 32 player battles proved to be just as bad an idea for this game as for Killzone 2. Laggy, unorganized, uninspired and never-ending stalemates is what usually happens with that amount of players.”

In my estimation though, the network issues are the biggest culprits here.

+ xrcoon on August 5th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

What system is this for????

+ Klart on August 7th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Another demand for splitscreen / multiple users online per PS3!

Btw, where’s the patch???

+ Dirty_Dave on August 7th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

This game is absolutely brilliant! Thankyou Titan Studios for creating an instant classic that is the beginning of a franchise destined for greatness. Besides the launch pains (server issues) and a couple glitches here and there (that should be patched/fixed easily) this game is perfect and I could see myself playing it for YEARS to come! (especially with the promise of new maps/dlc on the way). I have been playing non stop and all I can say is this game is pure genious. Every time I play it gets better as people get better at playing the game and working together as a team. I have only had one stale-mate so far (very strange complaints being posted on this forumn that are completely the polar opposite of my experience) THANKS AGAIN! YAY FOR CAKE!

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10