Minecraft PS4

Demon’s Souls Pre-order Bonus Expands, Now Also Includes Full Soundtrack

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Jul 29, 2009 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Demon's Souls screenshot 1

Hey folks, AtlusA.R.A.M. here, and I’ve got some news to share regarding Demon’s Souls, the upcoming action RPG for PLAYSTATION 3.

Now, if you’re unfamiliar with Demon’s Souls, getting up-to-speed should be as easy as checking out the blogs we’re featuring in the official game message boards, hitting up the game’s official website, and checking out the great PlayStation Eye chat we had with the incredibly awesome Jeff Rubenstein.

As you may already know, we’re offering fans who pre-order either version of the game (Standard or Deluxe, at participating retailers only) a full-color, 40-page art book featuring sketches, designs, and renders that wonderfully show off the game’s gritty medieval aesthetic.  On its own, this is a pretty nice bonus (says the publisher offering it), considering it is being thrown in at no additional cost to the customer, but we’ve recently decided to take things a step further:

Demon's Souls Pre-order

Resist, if you dare.

In addition to the art book, fans who pre-order will now ALSO receive the game’s FULL soundtrack CD.  That’s right, we’re going to throw 24 tracks (about 71 minutes) of music into the pre-order bonus as well.  And if you’ve ever heard the game in action, you likely know that the music is haunting, atmospheric, sweeping, and orchestral.  Don’t worry, people who have already pre-ordered: the music disc is secured on the back inside cover of the art book, so you won’t miss out!

So, whether you reserve (at participating retailers) the Standard edition of the game, which would net you the game, art book, and soundtrack CD, or whether you upgrade to the Deluxe edition, which gets you the game, a 150+ page strategy guide, a collectible slip case, the game’s complete musical score, and a premium art book, you’re going to be getting a heck of a deal.

Demon's Souls Strategy Guide Sample

Sample from Official Demon’s Souls Strategy Guide

Of course, these extras are in addition to all the changes and enhancements coming to the North American release of the gaming, such as:

• All-new North American cover art
  • All-new North American online servers (which ensures a level playing field for newcomers)
  • An improved localization, which addresses many grammar/inaccuracy issues from the overseas version

Join us, won’t you, as we venture into the Kingdom of Boletaria on October 6th, 2009.  It’s going to be a tough battle to deliver the realm from evil, but hey, at least you’ll have a ton of free swag to comfort yourself if you happen to reserve your copy today.

Until next time, friends.

+ TerryVSL on July 29th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Also, when are we going to finally hear about the Shin Megami Tensei PS3 exclusive?

+ KidCommando on July 29th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

I have yet to watch the PSEye Interview or see any gameplay videos of this game and I have no clue what Deamon’s Souls is about. I just wanted to compliment Aram and Nich on your replies to this blog post. It is very refreshing to see answers to questions and to interact with the posters multiple times.

I have to say, the way you described the Co-op play is very intriguing and it makes total sense. Your replies alone make me want to look into this game further.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and answer questions guys….it does makes a difference!

+ StonTemplePilot on July 29th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Sweet!! i am totally buying this!

+ mgw8984 on July 29th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

This game looks great but doesnt seem to get much coverage. What exactly is Sonys problem this gen there marketing is simply terrible, Back in the PS2 days you couldnt watch tv for 5 minutes w/o seeing a Sony ad now we dont see them at all. Sony needs to step up there game if they want to continually succeed in the console buisness bc the way its been going is just ridiculous.

+ Cerberus_Hunter on July 29th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

Great deal Atlus USA! i already have the DE pre-ordered and now i just can’t wait for October. :)

I have one question… How smooth is the online play? I know you can see spirits running around while you play co-op online and i’m wondering if many players are playing at the same time and area, would they lag you?

Sorry for my bad English BTW…

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 29th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

The developers have said that they conceived many of the aspects of online play in Demon\’s Souls with low network overhead in mind, and as such, net performance is great.

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

@Aram Jabbari

Great job on the game it looks amazing. I really see how much this game means to you guys over at Atlus and why you guys are really taking the time to explain how the game works to those who are skeptical or diss the lack of friends lists and game invites. What people need to realize is every game is not the same. That the game was created a certain way for a reason and made to work. The creators wouldn’t do this if it meant it would hurt their game.

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 29th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

sorry if someone asked this but are we going to get the home costumes. Cause I would love to have those suits of armor

+ darkwonders on July 29th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

GAH! I already pre-ordered Uncharted 2. Now I gotta pre-order this!

Stop making awesome games that I wanna spend money on! It’s getting ridiculous XD

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 29th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

\”I\’m sorry, darkwonders. I\’m afraid I can\’t do that…\”

+ Berae on July 29th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

This is awesome! I alreadu preordered the game but they didnt give me anything

Demons souls is my most anticipated game this year even more than uncharted 2. Both games will be awesome

Thanks for the bonus

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

why cant we get a answer about the home costumes?

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

Is it a secret???

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

Arm since you are not saying I will assume we are not getting these costumes

+ RenorMirshann on July 29th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Hope that we, Europeans, will have similar edition of the game and EU PS Blog will have a post about it soon… I mean, how you could be THAT unfair? :\

+ Chuckbait on July 29th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

(OFF TOPIC)
What happened to the post about Fat Princess coming out this thursday? Its not there anymore.

+ hxa155 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Great news. Thank you very much. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition a week ago, because it is of good value. Now, it’s even better.

+ Thrasher20 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

OMG this looks sooo badass!

I’ll give it a try :)

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

This is the last time I ask a question here, How rude Aram

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 29th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

At this time there are no plans to bring Demon\’s Souls overseas content for PlayStation HOME to North America.

Apologies about the delay in responding, did not mean to offend. It\’s not as though I was trying to harvest your Little Sister\’s ADAM.

+ freakzilla149 on July 29th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Some of the dumbest questions I have ever come across. 0.o

But anyway, I know it’s not planned for Europe but I just want to badger Sony about getting it into the EU.

+ Philaroni on July 29th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

So the game comes out October 6th. That is perfect being its my B-day. First time any game I wanted has came out then. How about I get a Bday Discount!

-Philaroni

-VGCgames.com

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Nich Maragos on July 29th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

No discounts, but if I remember, I\’ll sing for you.

+ Chazberry on July 29th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Thank you so much for adding even more to an amazing deal. I already have the Deluxe edition pre-ordered and can’t wait!

+ freakzilla149 on July 29th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

I feel your pain Aram, having to serve such impatient idiots.

You’re doing well. 26+ replies.

+ SarshelYam on July 29th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Aw Aram…you just broke my heart. HOME Costumes were the last pieces of the puzzle I was hoping you’d unveil. It’s not enough that I’m getting TWO copies of the game (in addition to the Asian release I’ve already demolished 3 times)…I want to prance about HOME and show my love for the game as well, blissfully engaging all users in a conversation denoting their NEED for Demon’s Souls. I could have been the online mascot for Demon’s Souls… *sigh* I need to stop dreaming…

*sobs*

+ Voozi on July 29th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

Aram next time someone asks you about the difficulty tell them this.

“This game is so hard, you’re already dead on the cover.”

+ ThanatosDMC on July 29th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Is the Chinese version’s save file of Demon’s Souls compatible with the North American one???

I really really want the soundtrack!!! Remember the boss fight music… it’s just freakin great!

+ clupula668 on July 29th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Definitely preordering this. BTW, any plans of putting the PS1 Persona games up on the PSN? Would sure love it if you did…

+ VenomXv on July 29th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I was going to preorder MW2 but I’ll be pre-ordering this instead. Seems like a much better deal then getting some cheap toy.

+ piratedrunk on July 29th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Already preordered the Deluxe edition and this is just icing on the cake. My most anticipated game of the year for sure.

+ Uraizen on July 29th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

I can no longer resist, pre-ordered at amazon.com

+ thegriefer on July 29th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I have heard this game is very very hard. Is this true? Also is it similar to oblivion?

+ thegriefer on July 29th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

oh and how much does the deluxe version cost?

+ ZekeXenu on July 29th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Aram and Nich,

Thank you for answering our questions and for posting such a detailed and compelling product pitch/description for Demon’s Souls.

Until about six weeks ago, I had no idea this game existed. Since then, it’s been one of my most-watched games. There seems to be a unique “magic” quality about the game that already feels like it’s reached mythic proportions. At least on the message boards.

Aram — as I think you mentioned in a previous reply, if you could post a video up on the PS Blog showing in greater detail how the online component of the game works, I think that would really push the game even more.

Thanks again.

+ gunm14 on July 29th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

I know I will hate this game passionately due to it’s ridiculous difficulty, but I cannot resist the allure of free junk, lol.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Nich Maragos on July 29th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

> The customer scratches his chin…

Customer
    I might be willing to buy your game,
    but what\’s in it for me?

I want an art book.
    > Grant
    Refuse

Customer
    Oh, wow, thanks. Hmm… but is
    that enough?

I want the Home armor.
    Grant
    > Refuse

What…? But the Japanese
    players got it… There\’s no
    reason we can\’t have it too!

Fine, whatever… Maybe if I
    ask for something else…

Customer
    Can I have a soundtrack CD?
    > Grant
    Refuse

Sweet! This rules!

That\’s almost enough…

Can I have 500 Macca?
    > Grant
    Refuse

Customer
    Oh… looks like you don\’t
    have any Macca.

Customer
    Alright, I guess I\’m satisfied.
    Day 1!

> Customer has preordered
    your game!

+ klee1234 on July 29th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Hey Aram, try to get From Software to consider unlocking access to the 6th Archstone, heck make it exclusive for the US version if you want. That would cause a lot of existing importers to reconsider.

+ Lego_My_Eggo on July 29th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

based on the buzz on the internet and video’s it looks like it will be a fun game. but it is always better to try before you buy. are there any plans for a demo at this time?

+ Jeigh on July 29th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Wise move giving up on that whiney bloodycow. He’s made up his mind no matter what you say. I am, however, happy to hear that the system has been worked out so creatively. Quite different from anything I’ve ever heard of, anyway. And, of course, the rating system will obviously work because if they screw you over you have no reason NOT to give them a low rating, though I’m kind of wondering why they’d screw you over in the first place. Thanks for elaborating on the system- you’ve done a great job here today. :D

+ Jeigh on July 29th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

Oh, and I agree with some of the other comments- I’d LOVE to hear about any upcoming projects. (Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, etc) I swear, I played well over 100 hours of Persona 3 before I even got to the end. THAT is a great selling point in this generation of games that last only 20 hours in some of the better cases. (And I don’t count online as part of the length.)

+ Ice_Pick on July 29th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Well I’m set. I just pre-ordered Demon Soul’s and Persona on amazon. I can’t wait to play them both.

+ ZAANOS on July 29th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Consider it pre-ordered! I love Atlus!! Especially for bringing more RPGS to the PS3. I hope the PS3 gets saturated with RPGS like the PS2 did. Keep up the good work!

Do I have to beg to see Persona 1 and 2 as PS One Classics on PSN Store????

I’ve always wanted to play those games as a kid looking through GamePro and Playstation magazines.

Atlus…MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

+ StrykerIsland on July 29th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Now THAT’S how you do a pre-order bonus.

All other developers and publishers, take note.

+ CrusaderKnight on July 29th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Im sold I just pre-ordered the deluxe version. I can’t wait for Oct. 6th now. Yea I would also like to see Demon’s Souls overseas content to PlayStation Home in the U.S. you could add more items also thats with the content from overseas. Keep us updated, or something if plans start to bring it to the U.S. Home.

+ SutebenuSan on July 29th, 2009 at 11:07 pm said:

Importing is far too much of a hastle. Shipping tends to rack up the cost of the game, even if the game price itself is relatively low. And considering it’s half way across the world, yeah… I’m not about to shell out $20 simply for that.

Anyway, for me, the choice is easy. Get it when it comes stateside.

+ KaosAngel on July 29th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

I’m really not saying this to be a [DELETED] but did this game really need a publisher in NA? Anyone can import it for half the price Atlus is selling it for and the Asian version is already in English.

I don’t play games for their goodies…I play games for the sake of playing them.

PS. Please make Persona 5 PS3 exclusive because I bought a PS3 for RPGs and haven’t had once since Shirokishi.

+ enshk79 on July 30th, 2009 at 1:05 am said:

Join you, I will.

+ RyanMcBainDOTcom on July 30th, 2009 at 1:09 am said:

Why is there no voice chat? Will there be a patch to put it in later? That is a huge deal breaker for me. If and when the PS3 gets cross game chat, will it work then?

+ crXss on July 30th, 2009 at 3:44 am said:

i like the bribes Atlus! pretty good move for people who wanted to import.

*All-new North American online servers (which ensures a level playing field for newcomers)

*An improved localization, which addresses many grammar/inaccuracy issues from the overseas version

^ haha i’m sold on the NA version. gonna go pre-order!

+ Finalsquall on July 30th, 2009 at 3:50 am said:

I have the import version of DS, and it is the bomb! People who are concerned about Coop need not worry, it’s a great experience and you learn a lot from different players. Also, you don’t really need to communicate with the living verbally:P It’s amazing relying on nonverbal communication :D esp playing with others from non english countries.

+ zombie_56 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:20 am said:

sony please give the people a price drop and put ps2 backwards compatibility to all ps3 so ps2 owners can make the switch

+ ghamdikh1 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:24 am said:

PS3 exclusive

+ EmperorKorea on July 30th, 2009 at 4:38 am said:

all these “bribery” bonuses make me wonder… is the game good? it looks like a fairly average title.

+ Korbei83 on July 30th, 2009 at 5:04 am said:

I so want this game. Especially since White Knight Chronicles has deserted ’09.