PS4-The Order

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jul 30, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

Downloadable Games

Fat Princess ($14.99)
Rescue your beloved princess through teamwork in this comic medieval battle royale. There’s a catch, though—the other team has been feeding her magical cake, making her harder to escort back to your castle. Choose from five distinct character classes and switch at any time to best help your team as you work to save your princess.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 329 MB

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 Videogame ($14.99)
Rorschach has uncovered a mysterious missing person’s case and with the help of Nite Owl, the pair sets out to find the young girl. Their search takes them deep into the depraved, sleazy corners of the city and eventually face-to-face with the mysterious Twilight Lady. Experience the next saga in Watchmen’s unlawful brand of justice in this long-form downloadable game.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 807 MB

PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

Spec Ops: Airborne Commando ($5.99)
Pull your parachute cord and drop deep behind enemy lines! Engage in missions to rescue friendlies, destroy strategic points, secure intelligence, and eliminate high-profile enemy targets.
Download this PSone classic game today and jump into the action!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 112 MB

Game Demos

Madden NFL 10 Demo
Be one of the first to play Madden NFL 10 and experience first-hand how it feels to Fight For Every Yard. With all-new Pro-Tak animation technology, you’ll steer defenders towards the first down, push the pile in never-before-seen three to nine man gang tackles and fight for the fumble as the referee peels players off the pile! Download the demo and prepare for a whole new season of Madden NFL, kicking off August 14th.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 932 MB

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 Videogame Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 807 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rag Doll Kung Fu Time Saver DLC ($1.99)
The Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Time Saver pack will unlock all of the game’s costumes and accessories to allow you to customize the hilarious kung fu puppets. Download the Time Saver pack to save yourself from the challenge of collecting all of the trophies and jump right into the rewards!
File size: 100 KB

Cross Edge Enigma Synth Pack (1) (free)
Add a few extra items to your inventory with this free pack!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge Hero Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge It’ll Come in Handy Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge This is Equipment Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Eclectic Armor Set (men) (free)
Eclectic Armor Set (for men) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.65 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Norse Armor Set (men) (free)
Norse Armor Set (for men) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.43 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Priestess Armor Set (women) (free)
Priestess Armor Set (for women) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.51 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Valkyrie Armor Set (women) (free)
Valkyrie Armor Set (for women) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 4.45 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• ”Bloodmeat” by Protest the Hero ($1.99)
  • ”I’m Shipping up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys ($1.99)
  • ”New Wave” by Against Me! ($1.99)
  • Knuckle Sandwich Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Bloodmeat” by Protest the Hero, “I’m Shipping up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys and “New Wave” by Against Me!. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 31 MB – 44 MB (singles), 109 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “100,000 Years (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • “Deuce (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • “Parasite (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • KISS Pack 01 ($5.49) – This pack includes: “100,000 Years (Live),” “Deuce (Live),” and “Parasite (Live)” by KISS.
  • “Down”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • “Feeling This”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • “The Rock Show”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • Blink 182 Pack 01 ($5.49) – This pack includes: “Down,” “Feeling This,” and “The Rock Show” by Blink 182.
  • “My Name Is Jonas”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Pork and Beans”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Undone – The Sweater Song”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • Weezer Pack 02 – ($5.49) – This pack includes: “My Name Is Jonas,” “Pork and Beans,” and “Undone – The Sweater Song” by Weezer.
  • “Out Here All Night”— Damone ($1.99)

File sizes: 22 MB – 39 MB (singles), 73 MB – 93 MB (track packs)

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 7/30 Edition
Join host Christina Lee for PULSE presented by the PlayStation®Network. This edition features the debut of Fat Princess, the incredible animation of the Madden NFL 10 demo and the co-op action of Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. New video arrivals include Watchmen and Green Lantern: First Flight.
File size: 363 MB (1080)

Killzone 2 DLC Bundle Pack Trailer
File size: 64 MB (HD) 107 MB (1080)

MAG Developer Diary 3
File size: 167 MB (HD) 271 MB (1080)

MAG Developer Diary 4
File size: 135 MB (HD) 221 MB (1080)

Dark Void Composer Interview
File size: 134 MB (HD)

Unbound Saga Between the Panels Issue 1
File size: 19 MB (SD)

Themes

Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Themes (free)
File size: 4.3 MB

G.I. Joe Rise Of The Cobra: Cobra Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.03 MB

G.I. Joe Rise Of The Cobra: G.I. Joe Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.07 MB

Harry Potter XMB Theme Pack ($1.99)
File size: 2.83 MB

College Football Themes (x5) (Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin) ($1.99 each)
File sizes: 4.34 MB – 5.17 MB

Wallpaper (free)

God of War III Wallpapers (x3)
File size: 1201 KB -1663 KB(HD)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Brave Story: New Traveler ($14.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Experience the fascinating world of Vision with amazing graphics, great turn-based battles, and a huge world to explore in one of the most critically-acclaimed RPGs exclusive to the PSP.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 147 MB

Pocket Pool ($9.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Rack’em and run the table. Grab your stick and get ready to shoot pool with some of the hottest honeys in the bar. This game features 13 different types of pool and a dynamic 3D engine that stimulates realistic pool play from almost every angle. Start off in the lowest honky-tonk and you’re on your way up through the ranks of pool hierarchy until you are playing in the top mansions and yachts.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 592 MB

Strikers 1945 Plus ($11.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Crush you enemies! A new threat has waged war against humanity. Do you have what it takes to stop the menacing threat and save mankind?
ESRB Rated E
File size: 34 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band Unplugged (also available from PS3 storefront)
Build your Rock Band Unplugged library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Funk #49″— James Gang ($1.99)
  • “Smooth Criminal”— Alien Ant Farm ($1.99)

File sizes: 17 MB – 18 MB

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 7/30 Edition
File size: 40 MB

Unbound Saga: Between the Panels Issue 1
File size: 19 MB

PSP Themes

Tomb Raider: Legend PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 595 KB

Tomb Raider: Anniversary PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 607 KB

Wallpaper (free)

Strikers 1945 Plus Wallpaper (x4)
File sizes: 48 KB – 60 KB

235 Comments

+ QCVic on July 30th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Well Fat Princess at late….. I never been so excited to feed cake to a girl in a pink dress while taking out my enemies :)

+ THE_LIGHT_05 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

@68- Thanks for da info, much apperciated! BUT WHY OH WHY THE SECOND WEEK OF AUGUST FOR TRINE?!!

so much for end of july release.

I’ll have to make do with fattening up princesses, but from the sound of it the servers are screwin’ up right now.

+ Prem-aka-Prince on July 30th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Fat Princess and Watchmen\2. Both $15. Then why is it they’re £12 and £10 respectively on the UK store…?
nobody can say it’s different distributing costs…

+ Ghettocarpenter on July 30th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Are nfl themes coming?

+ THE_LIGHT_05 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

aww crud looks like i practically said the same comment twice. it’s cuz i thought the comment didn’t post. O well.

+ jipmg on July 30th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

hey does the Rag doll kongfu time saver pack unlock all the trophies?

Or just the costumes and accessoires?

+ redknight4 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

wow you updated the store faster then usual
got fat princess.

big question is final fantasy crystal defenders coming to North America for the PS3.

+ BigAnt18 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

Brave Story: New Traveler is a great game, if your into RPG’s get it!

+ Darklazar on July 30th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

i like that gi joe theme

+ mad0joker1995 on July 30th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

fat princess online not working for mee help

+ JimInPT on July 30th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Great. Fat broad gets cake. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Enough with the silly stuff – where’s the SAVAGE MOON DLC? How long are you going to sit on it, Sony?

Geez.

+ xeno3d on July 30th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Pretty cool update, but whats with all the Spec Ops ps one classics?

+ Snuter on July 30th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Hey Grace,
Great update. Please also update the website so that I can watch the newest PULSE episode without downloading a huge file to my PS3. (The July 17 edition is still up.) Thanks!

+ RandomEarthling on July 30th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Finally, the Cake is NOT a lie! Woohoo!

+ Keozen on July 30th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

I can’t believe what a bunch of xbox360 dumbass fanboys commenting in this blog. Do you guys have nothing else to do?
To whoever said his ps3 broke 3 times. I have nothing to say except you are so suck to own ps3 and can’t take care of it properly.

Other than that, go fat princess :)

+ juanpipe on July 30th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Okay. What do you have against The Beatles: Rock Band. There have been 3 trailers and none of them I’ve been able to play it on my PS3.

+ Rogue__77 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Fat Princess FTW… but where and when is Trine coming out!!!

+ usin420 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

I know I probably won’t be answered but, is there going to be a demo for fat princess? and if so,when? thanks

+ joseph2411 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Great update. Fat Princess!!!! BTW I am wondering how many Spec Ops games are on PSOne, why don’t you add other games to the store?

+ starBlinky01 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

just bought fat princess and played for an hour. I couldnt find a game for half n hour, but thats ok because I was one of the first to buy it I think. I eventually found a game and it was reaaally laggy.. which is not okay.

And when I played an offline game it totally glitched out and during the storybook thing, it kicked me back to the menu screen but the storybook was still on the screen!

Anyways, game is sweet, hope they fix some of the lag issues.

+ Odoyle-rulez on July 30th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

well… fatprincess is awesome.. but.. servers are royally screwed. this is what happens when u only beta with 250 people

+ younggunner09 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

I JUST DOWNLOADED FAT PRINCESS!!! installing now

+ Destiny89 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

One great update

+ stroudwes on July 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

servers are screwed up but are starting to work i played 3 games in a row lava maps awesome so is island one

+ mafecto on July 30th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

How many F’ng Spec Ops games did they make!!!!????

+ Terry2Toke on July 30th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

I’m glad I decided to not buy this day one. Seems the servers suck and there’s still a glitch or two.

+ MisterB_66 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Any chance we can get the news about whats getting put up on the store a day early like the european playstation blog?

+ OldKai on July 30th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

So, when is the Rag Doll Kung Fu DLC going to be free? I don’t want to get screwed again. Other then that, nothing I’m interested in this week, having fun with Shatter though, great game at a great price.

+ MrBeatdown on July 30th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

@115

Don’t act like it can’t happen. My 60GB model got the yellow light four months ago after about two years of owning it. Now my replacement is giving me trouble when videos play during games and I’m barely a month out of my 90 day warranty. Now I’m stuck with a decision between hoping the problem doesn’t get any worse or paying another $150 for a repair/replacement bringing my total cost of owning and maintaining this PS3 up to $900. It’s made even more difficult of decision considering how tight money is right now.

It has nothing to do with taking care of your system (and I do take quite good care of mine). And it has nothing to do with being a fanboy. I have over 50 PS3 games, a second PS3, a PSP, and two of each previous PlayStation so I am definately no 360 fanboy. I love my PS3, and that’s what makes this so frustrating. I’m sure it’s the same case for the person you were refering to.

+ CHARLIE79 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Always the cross edge crap of a surely not know game for many PSN users.
A Dark Void video when the game is delayed till 2010…

They should make a demo for every game like Fat Princess right now!

+ Ecks on July 30th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

I managed to join two Fat Princess games online, one finished, the other the “host left”. Now I haven’t been able to join a game for an hour. :(

+ CantaloupeKing on July 30th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

YESSS! Great update. It seems someone out there really did listen, because by design or coincidence we now have *3* God of War III wallpapers as I so humbly asked for a week or two ago. I’m holding off anything bad to say for this week’s update.

Praises to Grace and Sony’s minions!!!

+ Ryuuchi10 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Finally Fat Princess is out. Thank you! Now bring some good PSone Classics that I want to play. Like Final Fantasy VIII and Ape Escape! Please! >.<

+ XgargunoX on July 30th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Downloading fat princess now… Add me as a friend and play with me!!

+ Wafi24 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

xgargunox lemme buy it so we can play lol and Grace nice update plz update site tho i want to see new pulse plz plz plz plz plzp lzpl pzl pzl plzp lzp lpzl pzlp plz plz plz plz Grace it would be awafully nice of u if u did so i can watch pulse and see how great fatty p is

+ RichterNYR35 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

@129 You are right, the biggest Difference is that for every 1000 ps3 owners there is a story like yours, for every 2 360 owners there is a story like yours. %50 failure rate, nuff said

+ RichterNYR35 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

And i havent been able to connect to an online game yet on FP. WTF?

+ Eleot88 on July 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE!

+ CrashSpyro on July 30th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

@51 Stop breaking your PS3 then.

+ Mirado- on July 30th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Downloaded Fat Princess and haven’t been able to join a host yet. Also, it bugs out sometimes while playing around in the menus. The screen flashes white then you can’t do anything but hold the PS button and quit.

I’m sure we’ll get an update for this soon. But the offline part is good practice till then and quite fun all the same!

+ maxxy209 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Just wondering, WTH is wrong with you guys ? If someone PS system breaks and they ask for help, you automatically assume there a 360 fanboy, let alone the fact your so ignorant to assume their 360 owners. Yet ironically it always seems to be the ones who make comments like that, that end up getting karma slapped. It’s people like you that make me feel ashamed to be a Gamer.

Anyway gonna try the WMEIN part 2 demo. Then may play some FP.

+ stroudwes on July 30th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

send me a frend request if u wnta play fat princess together i just bought the game

+ wolfzero1 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

$2 for a frickin cheat code for Rag Doll, what a complete joke. I wish there was a demo for Fat Princess, really curious about how the single player is & I’m not sure if I want to pay $15 if it sucks

+ Odoyle-rulez on July 30th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

no kidding. i have had 2 YLOD and sony just blew smoke up my rear. the problem is the thermal compound they used is substandard. i reapplied the new arctic silver compound and reapplied the gpu/cpu and viola. it is not a scam. its true. heat make the old compound slip. so i say dont put yer ps3 on its side because gravity seems to help the problem along. both times my ps3 was on its side.

+ lyfestory on July 30th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

so, if im not mistaken, is Fat Princess a game you have to play with other online players to get the main/full experience? or is that just part of the gameplay…? i guess i still dont have enough info… wasnt too obvious just thru the trailers ive seen…

+ DJSOS202 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Yes! Finally fat princess is out after so many delays

+ Paulus-NL on July 30th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

no IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey demo :( will there be one next week?

+ HanSolo on July 30th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

wowwwww i just finished playing fat princess, you should all get it its toooo goooood !!
game of the yearrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

+ DainBramage on July 30th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

Would someone please address the situation with Savage Moon? Are we getting DLC for this? It was announced to be ready 2 months ago.

+ etur0 on July 30th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

where is the demo to fat princess I don’t buy games that I haven’t played