God of War

Jul 30

Jul 30

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

Downloadable Games

Fat Princess ($14.99)
Rescue your beloved princess through teamwork in this comic medieval battle royale. There’s a catch, though—the other team has been feeding her magical cake, making her harder to escort back to your castle. Choose from five distinct character classes and switch at any time to best help your team as you work to save your princess.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 329 MB

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 Videogame ($14.99)
Rorschach has uncovered a mysterious missing person’s case and with the help of Nite Owl, the pair sets out to find the young girl. Their search takes them deep into the depraved, sleazy corners of the city and eventually face-to-face with the mysterious Twilight Lady. Experience the next saga in Watchmen’s unlawful brand of justice in this long-form downloadable game.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 807 MB

PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

Spec Ops: Airborne Commando ($5.99)
Pull your parachute cord and drop deep behind enemy lines! Engage in missions to rescue friendlies, destroy strategic points, secure intelligence, and eliminate high-profile enemy targets.
Download this PSone classic game today and jump into the action!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 112 MB

Game Demos

Madden NFL 10 Demo
Be one of the first to play Madden NFL 10 and experience first-hand how it feels to Fight For Every Yard. With all-new Pro-Tak animation technology, you’ll steer defenders towards the first down, push the pile in never-before-seen three to nine man gang tackles and fight for the fumble as the referee peels players off the pile! Download the demo and prepare for a whole new season of Madden NFL, kicking off August 14th.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 932 MB

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 Videogame Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 807 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rag Doll Kung Fu Time Saver DLC ($1.99)
The Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Time Saver pack will unlock all of the game’s costumes and accessories to allow you to customize the hilarious kung fu puppets. Download the Time Saver pack to save yourself from the challenge of collecting all of the trophies and jump right into the rewards!
File size: 100 KB

Cross Edge Enigma Synth Pack (1) (free)
Add a few extra items to your inventory with this free pack!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge Hero Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge It’ll Come in Handy Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge This is Equipment Pack ($0.99)
Pick up this pack and outfit yourself with the latest gear!
File size: 111 KB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Eclectic Armor Set (men) (free)
Eclectic Armor Set (for men) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.65 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Norse Armor Set (men) (free)
Norse Armor Set (for men) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.43 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Priestess Armor Set (women) (free)
Priestess Armor Set (for women) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 3.51 MB

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Valkyrie Armor Set (women) (free)
Valkyrie Armor Set (for women) – Get this new set of attire to customize your character’s appearance in Edit Mode.
File size: 4.45 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• ”Bloodmeat” by Protest the Hero ($1.99)
  • ”I’m Shipping up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys ($1.99)
  • ”New Wave” by Against Me! ($1.99)
  • Knuckle Sandwich Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Bloodmeat” by Protest the Hero, “I’m Shipping up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys and “New Wave” by Against Me!. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 31 MB – 44 MB (singles), 109 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “100,000 Years (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • “Deuce (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • “Parasite (Live)”— KISS ($1.99)
  • KISS Pack 01 ($5.49) – This pack includes: “100,000 Years (Live),” “Deuce (Live),” and “Parasite (Live)” by KISS.
  • “Down”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • “Feeling This”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • “The Rock Show”— Blink 182 ($1.99)
  • Blink 182 Pack 01 ($5.49) – This pack includes: “Down,” “Feeling This,” and “The Rock Show” by Blink 182.
  • “My Name Is Jonas”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Pork and Beans”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Undone – The Sweater Song”— Weezer ($1.99)
  • Weezer Pack 02 – ($5.49) – This pack includes: “My Name Is Jonas,” “Pork and Beans,” and “Undone – The Sweater Song” by Weezer.
  • “Out Here All Night”— Damone ($1.99)

File sizes: 22 MB – 39 MB (singles), 73 MB – 93 MB (track packs)

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 7/30 Edition
Join host Christina Lee for PULSE presented by the PlayStation®Network. This edition features the debut of Fat Princess, the incredible animation of the Madden NFL 10 demo and the co-op action of Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. New video arrivals include Watchmen and Green Lantern: First Flight.
File size: 363 MB (1080)

Killzone 2 DLC Bundle Pack Trailer
File size: 64 MB (HD) 107 MB (1080)

MAG Developer Diary 3
File size: 167 MB (HD) 271 MB (1080)

MAG Developer Diary 4
File size: 135 MB (HD) 221 MB (1080)

Dark Void Composer Interview
File size: 134 MB (HD)

Unbound Saga Between the Panels Issue 1
File size: 19 MB (SD)

Themes

Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Themes (free)
File size: 4.3 MB

G.I. Joe Rise Of The Cobra: Cobra Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.03 MB

G.I. Joe Rise Of The Cobra: G.I. Joe Theme ($0.99)
File size: 1.07 MB

Harry Potter XMB Theme Pack ($1.99)
File size: 2.83 MB

College Football Themes (x5) (Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin) ($1.99 each)
File sizes: 4.34 MB – 5.17 MB

Wallpaper (free)

God of War III Wallpapers (x3)
File size: 1201 KB -1663 KB(HD)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Brave Story: New Traveler ($14.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Experience the fascinating world of Vision with amazing graphics, great turn-based battles, and a huge world to explore in one of the most critically-acclaimed RPGs exclusive to the PSP.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 147 MB

Pocket Pool ($9.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Rack’em and run the table. Grab your stick and get ready to shoot pool with some of the hottest honeys in the bar. This game features 13 different types of pool and a dynamic 3D engine that stimulates realistic pool play from almost every angle. Start off in the lowest honky-tonk and you’re on your way up through the ranks of pool hierarchy until you are playing in the top mansions and yachts.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 592 MB

Strikers 1945 Plus ($11.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Crush you enemies! A new threat has waged war against humanity. Do you have what it takes to stop the menacing threat and save mankind?
ESRB Rated E
File size: 34 MB

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band Unplugged (also available from PS3 storefront)
Build your Rock Band Unplugged library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Funk #49″— James Gang ($1.99)
  • “Smooth Criminal”— Alien Ant Farm ($1.99)

File sizes: 17 MB – 18 MB

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 7/30 Edition
File size: 40 MB

Unbound Saga: Between the Panels Issue 1
File size: 19 MB

PSP Themes

Tomb Raider: Legend PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 595 KB

Tomb Raider: Anniversary PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 607 KB

Wallpaper (free)

Strikers 1945 Plus Wallpaper (x4)
File sizes: 48 KB – 60 KB

Add Your Own

Pitch_Blak said:

July 30th, 4:40 pm

What’s with the crappy PSone Classics? I mean, there are a few that should be out by now, like Crash Team Racing (that’s out in all other regions).

Nice to see Fat Princess out though. =)

TheGuardianFID said:

July 30th, 4:41 pm

FAT PRINCESS FTW SOLD LOL!!! :D

specialist08 said:

July 30th, 4:42 pm

capcom,capcom,capcom,capcom. I need capcom it is my medication. what ever happened to Marvel vs. Capcom 2. we, Sony need more capcom games. please, more is better especially if its capcom.

ctguzman said:

July 30th, 4:50 pm

could you guys please release the game “Disruptor”? it’s Insomniac Games 1st release and i’ve been looking literally everywhere for it, flea markets, pawn shops, gamestop, i’ve been looking for it for a few years now and i would really appreciate if you guys made it as a download
please, im a HUGE insomniac games fan, and i would realyl like to play their 1st game

sleeping_sier said:

July 30th, 4:53 pm

having problems connecting to fat princess server..is it only me?

azraiel83 said:

July 30th, 4:59 pm

yay fat princess! finished downloading! too bad somebody is using the tv… T.T

pagreen said:

July 30th, 5:12 pm

just got fat princess.. add me if you want to play..

Losingrip said:

July 30th, 5:17 pm

A bunch of crap this week :(

LOWRYD1 said:

July 30th, 5:21 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows when the new Zen Pinball table is coming? I thought it was coming out today?!?

T3mpr1x said:

July 30th, 5:22 pm

I’ll chime in as well: Fat Princess!! Too bad I never have time to play games these days… :( I’ll still buy it haha. Also, if only Watchmen were $9.99 or less, then I might bite…Then again I’m not really into the series though I loved the movie.

diablo103 said:

July 30th, 5:23 pm

i got fat princess but it isnt working for me

ShadOforce said:

July 30th, 5:23 pm

I’ve been playing FP for the past few hours. Had a blast. xD

LRGKING said:

July 30th, 5:31 pm

Was just playing Fat Princess, and gotta say.

Thee most epic credits I have ever seen!

“Who’s your daddy”
lol, I killed Deb Mars when she was running around and the credits were rolling.
And the music!

This should win most epic credits on a game by far.
Haha.

jds07 said:

July 30th, 5:49 pm

When will Marvel vs. Capcom 2 be available to buy? The demo been out for about a month or two now. I want to buy the game so bad. I can’t find it nowhere else, and about $90 when you buy it online. This update is kind of disappointing to me. Sorry, I don’t find anything interesting about Fat Princess. All I want to know is when is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 going to be available. Can somebody PLEASE tell me something about this upcoming title for the PS Store?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 30th, 6:13 pm

HEY ANYONE ..WHO HAS FP..IS IT WORTH BUYING? LET ME KNOW ASAP..IM 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM PRESSING X ON THE PURCHASE MENUE..LOL

MakoXL said:

July 30th, 6:15 pm

please, PLEASE enough spec ops already.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 30th, 6:19 pm

ANY1 WT FAT PRINCESS..BUY OR DON’T BUY?…LET ME KNOW!..IM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENTS..LOL

GTAChuck said:

July 30th, 6:20 pm

lol “Pocket Pool”
Anyway YAY FAT PRINCESS BOO SPEC OPS.

ALKAHOLIK- said:

July 30th, 6:31 pm

when is marvel vs capcom 2 gonna be available?

Ikki_Fenix said:

July 30th, 6:41 pm

I need $ for fat princess. SAAAAD FAAACE

ALKAHOLIK- said:

July 30th, 6:43 pm

MVC2
MVC2
MVC2
DO IT!

jehanzeb said:

July 30th, 6:43 pm

Can somebody kindly explain to me why Fat Princess in Australia is AUD 23.95 while usually titles usually are around 19.99. Even if we go by the normal conversion rate it shouldn’t be more than 18-19 $

jBat17 said:

July 30th, 6:47 pm

@165
FP is not worth $15. save your money, buy Spec Ops instead.. jk.. LOL

seriously, anybody here with a review of FP? how’s online? heard it was laggy and hard to connect..

BlueNinja111 said:

July 30th, 6:57 pm

OMFG weres fat princes fist full of cakes for psp I HATE THIS

Poacher619 said:

July 30th, 7:05 pm

Rolling with the FATNESS!!!

sazzrah said:

July 30th, 7:09 pm

Fingers crossed the horrendous connection problems with Fat Princess are just due to server overload on release day. Really disappointed that I couldn’t get into more than 3-4 online games before it crapped out completely. Getting really tired of seeing that “there’s a slight problem” message!

Slight is an understatement!

booyah19 said:

July 30th, 7:30 pm

Where is Savage Moon DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booyah19 said:

July 30th, 7:31 pm

Where is savage moon dlc?????????????????

SinComics said:

July 30th, 8:39 pm

I haven’t been able to connect to a single game of Fat Princess online. I beat the single player mode an hour after I started and now I can’t play multiplayer. I’m feeling really ripped off.

mastrofallz said:

July 30th, 8:41 pm

WOW Fat Princess is well worth the wait! AMAZING GAME! It has everything I wanted it to have, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gladiator mode. Hats off to Titans Studios. The only con is no local co-op. :(

mastrofallz said:

July 30th, 8:42 pm

I dont get it, I am not having problems finding a match. I just got done playing a match, actually.

But maybe it is a setdown that Titan didnt get their own dedicated servers.

GGCAN said:

July 30th, 8:49 pm

If anyone is wondering if they should get Fat Princess or not, don’t wonder, buy the game.

My fingers are so sore from playing the game tonight, but it’s non-stop fun !

Really good game in my opinion and worth every bit of the $15.00 that was charged.

Can’t wait to see what DLC may be coming for this game in the future.

Also the space in Home is very well done and the Fat Princess throne you win is a nice feature.

Overall a very good update this week.

Great work Sony !

Pelt_Hunter said:

July 30th, 8:52 pm

Fat Princess is a joy! Who knew there’d be a single player element? I mean I heard there would be something from a fellow comment poster but they aren’t to be trusted… Ha!

Thanks for this one, now for Trine next week and I’ll be happy, for all the trouble it should also launch at $15 instead of the publisher suggested retail of $20.

AceNet2 said:

July 30th, 8:56 pm

Yayyy!! Can’t wait to get home and play Fat Princess. Thanks big, big!!

How about putting Ico up on the PSS!? @ $15-$20 you’ll sell 100k copies, no problem!!

(and yeah, nobody wants to play a Spec Ops game, so quit wasting your time)

LordChocoSlime said:

July 30th, 9:01 pm

[This post ONLY refers to this week’s PS Store for PSP Update.]

Just bought Brave Story, which was my second game download purchase this evening (the first being Strikes 1945 Plus). Again, thanks for the update.

Daigen said:

July 30th, 9:02 pm

Fat Princess is AWESOME!!
still alittle buggy but nothing that can’t be fixed with a patch or 2.

There is cake!!
The cake is real!!

LordChocoSlime said:

July 30th, 9:08 pm

@164
The PS3 version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 won’t be released until August 13, 2009.

SLIDER__ said:

July 30th, 9:25 pm

FP is another game that has been put out before it is ready. It is designed to be played online and it refuses to connect to other parties or a host. My Friend in another city is having the same problem. Just another game that was put out before they worked out the bugs.

What is the problem? Is there not enough experience out there to help create an online game that works when it is finally released to the public? I have seen promos for this game for at least 6months only to be let down Again (cough:: SOCOM)

jwspiker said:

July 30th, 9:25 pm

hmm, major sound problems, getting lots of static when playing. i have a 52xbr4, sony 2400es and 80gig ps3 model. it’s weird

eaferrari24 said:

July 30th, 9:34 pm

i have 2 of the 3 spec ops games (that i know of) on ps1 disks.. playing them on a 13 inch tv was hard enough :P i cant imagine playing them stretched over 50 inches.. haha

m4825b said:

July 30th, 9:38 pm

Be nice to see the legend of dragoon PS1 classic. That game was so fun to play.

KILLZONE79 said:

July 30th, 9:49 pm

No more spec ops god!

BlackHearts said:

July 30th, 9:55 pm

What’s with all the bronze trophies on Fat Princess…. SCE Games should have at less 70% Gold Trophies… I think this game is also to more money for that little bit of gameplay… WipeOut HD was $9.99 when it first released.. Plus, FP online will get old quick.. We need more storymode games.. It shouldv’e been set-up like LBP for re-play value. That’s why Beta should be serious and not a joke, with cake.

Chilidogs said:

July 30th, 9:57 pm

i have the same problem where i can’t join any game i on fat princess

XgargunoX said:

July 30th, 10:10 pm

Fat princess kids gets boring but even thick get kinda bored of it i still can’t put down the controller! It’s addicting and I love it

DeGarmo2 said:

July 30th, 10:20 pm

Damn, people are loving their Fat Princess! Haven’t seen this many people pumped for a DLC game in a while (thought I don’t read the comments on every week’s updates either).

Downloading Fat Princess now, even though it’s late and I have to be in work in 5.5, so I’ll have to wait to play it =(

DeGarmo2 said:

July 30th, 10:25 pm

@172: I can’t speak for the conversion rate, but Fat Princess is $15 in the US (instead of the normal $10 for most downloadable games), so it’s 50% higher than normal.

If Australia’s normal price is 19.99 and now it’s only 23.95, you should consider yourself lucky. That’s only a 20% price hike over the normal price.

Wafi24 said:

July 30th, 10:46 pm

Bummed out about fatty p not having local multiplayer so u could play with siblings or up to four players hopefully titan would put that in an update and dont worry guys more stuff is on the way with all dlc coming all im worried is that i cant play with my little sister and cousins and older bros plz titan plz put local multiplayer or split screen whatever it’s called in an update or even as dlc ill buy it

Wafi24 said:

July 30th, 10:48 pm

o yeah also co op in story would be great iono just story split screen whatever hopefully coming in soon patch or update or even dlc ill buy it just need that feature then fatty p game of da year!!

aznkungfu said:

July 30th, 10:52 pm

where is the new avatar for ps3 ppl…i wait for the new update..Anyway FAT PRINCESS is fun…love it..anyone have it??