PS4-The Order

The Curtain Rises on the 10-Screen Movie Theater in PlayStation Home, MotorStorm Game Launching Crashes In, and Fat Princess Needs Cake!

CydoniaX's Avatar + Posted by CydoniaX on Jul 30, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Greetings Home-boys and Home-girls! It’s time for another PlayStation Home update

We’re proud to announce another major core space update. The Movie Theater brings you ten times as much exciting content [including from the PS.Blog! -Jeff] with a brand-new 10-screen layout, a new lobby, and the ability to unlock rewards in select screening rooms. Be sure to check out the screening rooms often – you never know when one of them will be giving something away. Stay tuned for lots of exclusive new videos over the coming months, including the future possibility of full-length TV shows or movies, with new features debuting on a regular basis.

But that’s not all! The Burn Zombie Burn space brings its classic cartoony graveyard style to PlayStation Home with a crypt for lounging in while you watch Burn Zombie Burn videos, a zombie-infested maze mini-game where you’ll be challenged to find your way out before you get zombified, and as always, an exclusive reward. Don’t get lost in the graveyard!

Next, the first wave of MotorStorm content will be swerving into PlayStation Home with MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Launching functionality topping the bill. If you’re new to Game Launching, click here for more info on how this great functionality works.

There will be more MotorStorm news coming your way very soon; in the meantime, check out the screenshots below for a tantalizing snippet of some of the great MotorStorm content coming to PlayStation Home over the coming weeks.

MotorStorm in PlayStation HomeMotorStorm in PlayStation Home

Next (and this is very exciting) as of tomorrow, we will be launching a new event in PlayStation Home – the Fat Princess “Quest for Cake.” Based upon the brilliant PSN title which launches today, all you have to do is click on the PlayStation Events Space chip on your World Map to join in this very special confectionary quest.

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues. If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special reward will be yours – the Fat Princess’ very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite…

Fat Princess in PlayStation HomeFat Princess in PlayStation Home

Fat Princess in PlayStation HomeFat Princess in PlayStation Home

Finally, be sure to cruise through the Mall to check out still more updates to our lovely new stores…sources say there will be some cool new items to pick up to show your friends, both free and for sale!

See you in Home!

~CydoniaX, PlayStation Home Community Manager

+ TuxBobble on July 30th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

You guys have finally taken my advice (and it’s probable that many other people offered similar advice) about the multi-screen theater, so I’m really happy about that.

Fat Princess space looks great, and I can’t wait to log in there!

+ Spideywebs on July 30th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

No Visari Throne Room?

+ Dragonzblaze on July 30th, 2009 at 7:52 am said:

what an amazing fat update XD

+ eaferrari24 on July 30th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

yay! sweet update.. now if only home was online :P

+ JimInPT on July 30th, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

Why on earth would *anybody* waste time in the clunky world of Home to watch a TV show or movie?

Looks like the programmers gave up trying to tighten up the code for efficiency and are looking for something else to do.

+ drdre74 on July 30th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

sounds like a great update.So showing movies in the theater a work around from not being able to share movies in your own home spaces?

+ justinjohnson69 on July 30th, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

whens the store gonna update??

+ KazeEternal on July 30th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Fat Princess Game Launching and Map table/strategy room?

+ mad0joker1995 on July 30th, 2009 at 8:16 am said:

sony hurry up on the psn store update pleaseee ,,, i want fat princess

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Hey Guys, Home is up actually for Moderators right now, So get ready soon, apparently its a tech issue that we can’t get on. So be ready. PSN updates at night

+ Hellman on July 30th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Sounds good keep it up!

+ Destiny89 on July 30th, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

Nice!

+ WestSiide on July 30th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

shouldn’t there be game launching in home available as the game is itself is actually launching? kinda too late for motorstorm isn’t it? I remember when there was a motorstorm game launching demonstration from home at E3…. in 2007!

+ Jazar on July 30th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

Will the videos in the new theater be synchronized to all users? This will be crucial if anyone wants to watch a show with other people.

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

@63
Game Launching really was taken in different ways. Also MotorStorm JUST got the patch not that long ago to support Game launching. What home will do for Game Launching is pretty much setting up a match with people you find on home and you going directly to the game. That helps?

+ justinjohnson69 on July 30th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

OMFG MY FRIEND JUST DOWNLOADED FAT PRINCESS FROM THE STORE BUT WHEN I GOT ON THE STORE IT WASNT THERE!!!!

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

@66
The Game is on the store right now, also it is in the UK as well. Um…..I can’t really do anything for you there..

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

When I said in the store, its loaded but they need to update it as well.

+ Zezzler on July 30th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

When you say ‘give away prizes’ in the theatre… how? just by watching some videos, or by some weird mini-games?
Please explain.

CydoniaX's Avatar

+ CydoniaX on July 30th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Just by walking into the right theater!

+ PoisenOak on July 30th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

I could go for some cake right now!!!

+ XxC-losxX on July 30th, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

It’s true what the guys from home staff said. That if we don’t log in on home, we will be missing out. So my butt is going in on home today!! Great update. I just hope we can game launch Fat Princess today @ the home space. Will it be available? o.o

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

Oh also guys, The EA Pro Shop opens to day besure to check that out!

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Great work as always, and I am guessing home is still down to implement all of this.

+ spunnups on July 30th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Finally, movies and TV shows on the movie screen. And a Fat Princess mini game to boot?!??! This is the best update yet! Keep up the hard work.

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

@73
I said this kinda already but apparently Moderators can get in but not normal users sadly ;(

+ Link01 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

The 10 theatre intrigues me

+ Tr3p1dat10n on July 30th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Sweet! I told someone in Home I thought there would be full length movies in there, will you need to pay for them though? Or since there are advertisements will that help foot the bill?

+ Sky_Team on July 30th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Here is my guess on how it works
You enter the room and pretty much watch the whole trailer and are awarded your item. Its like how Japan does theres.

+ Ruisu107 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Anyway for a Sub account to use home Yet? I don’t want to make a masters because all my trophies are on my sub but I really want to use Home with that I account not my masters.

+ readytorelease on July 30th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

I have been waiting for fat princess for so long and it is finally here today, the burn zombie burn space and fat princess space will be fantastic for everyone enjoyment today. I will be playing all day to get all the unlockables so I hope to see everyone on today for a few laughs, I hope the mall has what I like this week because I stocked up on some psn card Monday.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Oh sorry 75

+ Delriach on July 30th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

I’m glad to see that a better theatre has finally returned to the US Home. Thanks for the update Cyd.

+ dotCody on July 30th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

HOME just gets better and better…

+ bdavid81 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

6 months ago, I’d have bought Fat Princess in a heartbeat. But, I’ve had so much time pass that the hype is gone, and it’s $5 more than I expected as well. So, I’m passing on day one, and will wait to see what people think after a week or so, when the hype is gone.

+ NUD3_br on July 30th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

awesome Home update! \o/

thx Home ppl ^^

but what about a WipEout game space ? 8)

and how about including support for that XMB screenshot feature in Home? It would be great to be able to capture the crazyness moments in Home ^^

+ Dark_Pinoy14 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Hm… Breaking NEWS! HELL THE THERMOSTAT IN HELL IS BROKEN AND IT IS NOW AT 40 DEGREES FARENHEIT!!
People in Home always it would be a cold day in hell when the theater’s are filled.
Personally this is awesome. I can’t wait till it becomes like what we saw at e3 in years past.
I believe it comes out today cuz Europe is getting the same updates.

+ inveigle on July 30th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Awesome, thanks so much!

+ Dark_Pinoy14 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

@#86: QUIT COMPLAINING! I’d so rather have rewards, fat princess, and motorstorm than lousy screen shot feature.
S***! People like this is why Sony finds it so hard to please their people.

+ Canuck4Life on July 30th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Fantastic update… I’m so excited for the new theatre and the Fat Princess game!

+ afdgsfdgnb on July 30th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

When Fat Princess is released on disc, I’ll buy it.

+ TheGuardianFID on July 30th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Cydonia you guys are Rocking my Home lol, awesome job sweetheart awesome job!!! :D

CydoniaX's Avatar

+ CydoniaX on July 30th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Thank you!

+ gatorboy1964 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

nice job guys, great work, but realy down to business u need to update the US store. seriously fat princess needs her cake!

+ MaDogNik96 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Can’t wait to feed the Princess and get her fat. Definitely getting that today. By the way, is it possible to make some Fat Princess themes and wallpapers? I’d like to represent my Fat Princess pride, thanks.

+ samuraix98 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

LET THEM EAT CAKE.

+ TakiFuGu on July 30th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

What’s the point of a game specific Home space once the game gets dated? What’s it purpose?

What else is there to do six to twelve months after the launch of the space?

When will game launch work accross all titles?

What happened to the Trophy room? “That was the coolest room you guys show.”

+ DeGarmo2 on July 30th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

To #7: I’m the biggest Sony fan boy, but Sony is “dominating online console gaming” ? Really? If there’s one thing I’ll give to Xbox, it’s that there Live service (from what I’ve seen/read) is where online gaming is it. Yes, I know it costs money and it’s flooded with immature punks but despite that, it still seems to offer the best online gaming.

PS3 might offer Free online gaming and Home, but I’ve never seen the allure of Home. I’ve gone there and there is almost nothing to do. Any media I see there can usually be found online (or just isn’t worth the effort in loading Home and then running around to find/see it) and the games (as of 3 months ago) were just blah. Once they offer true matchmaking for most games, it’ll be much better. Aaannnddddd, most PS3 gamers don’t use headsets and to enjoy online gaming, you need headsets… otherwise, it’s like you are playing smarter bots.

I came to the blog to find out if there was a time for Fat Princess today as I plan on picking that up and hoping for a high bluetooth turnout, but I have small expectations.

+ Letters2Kay on July 30th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

Cool, movie theater sounds nice and I love Burn, Zombie, Burn, so looking forward to that- BUT…

NEED MORE ITEM SPACE IN APARTMENTS!

Seriously… :(

+ DeGarmo2 on July 30th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

91: Are you that against not being able to have a physical tangible game? What’s the difference?

It loads faster and even if your PS3 dies, gets erased, or the game somehow corrupts itself, you still get 4 more times to download it.

I guess I can see your point if it’s a $50-60 game (as you may want to resell), but when a game is $15, that point is almost irrelevant.

+ Skater_Ricky on July 30th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

@30 MeltTech

Dont Get OFF Topic… Im Tech Support on Diffent Things over the Phone.. Im sure you dealed with Someone over in India or the Philippines for Tech Support.

They Gave you a Price and thats a good deal for fixing a failed 60GB Model

ON TOPIC:
for Home Fat Princess “Quest for Cake.” .. Thats the Same Room that was Used a while back from “Europe PSP Hunt Space” just with diffent things changed and added in..

Why Didnt you Make a New Room Just for Fat Princess Space or is it being Made.. or is that the Final Space??

Keep up the Hard work for Home “Beta Tester of Home :D”

And Yes I agree The Theater needs a Option when you Sit down in a Seat you should get the Option to Show Full Screen or just Hit Nothing to keep in Normal View with out Full Screen or Something.

Cant wait for Tonight :D