PS4-Watch_Dogs

This Week on the SingStore

Nina Scherer's Avatar + Posted by Nina Scherer on Aug 03, 2009 // Content Manager, SCEE

Hi and welcome to the SingStore update!

This week, we have a real surprise for all Spanish and Portuguese language singers amongst you: over forty Spanish and Portuguese language tracks previously unavailable in the US store are now available for download. You can see the full track listing below and I hope you like what you see.

Also included in the update are great tunes from Roxette, Deep Purple and The Bangles plus two Song Packs: SingStar Sizzlers a perfect addition to any BBQ party in your back yard and a special Vagrant Records pack including The Hold Steady, Dashboard Confessional and Senses Fail.

For all your Queen fans, we’re also happy to announce that SingStar Queen for PS3 and PS2 will be available for purchase as a standalone disc starting tomorrow.

SingStar Queen Packfront

• At Your Funeral – Saves The Day
  • A Fact of Life – FACT
  • Can’t Be Saved – Senses Fail
  • Stay Positive – The Hold Steady

PAGE 1 2 3

+ reson8er on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

Hi Nina, thanks for the update.

Any word on the wireless mics?

+ scOttiSh_dRifteR on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

Sounds good. Singstar Queen here I come!

+ Jeigh on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

Ah, que bueno. Desafortunadamente, no me encanta cantar antes de otras personas, ademas de que mi PS3 ya esta descompuesta. Que dolor. Sin embargo, te agradezco para propocionarnos con tantas oportunidades para karaoke en espanol. Imagino que no muchos ofrecen esta opcion.

Muchas gracias. :)

I don’t think I made any errors there- maybe a preposition, but anyone who’s studied languages knows those are supreme pains in the ***.

+ mgsfoxhound2 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Cool thats great for spanish and Portuguese languages and Singstar is great ive been playing it for 4 months already and love my wireless mics… I live in the U.S.A I imported them from Europe

+ remanutd5 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

lol Jeigh , no te gusta cantar antes de?? o ante otras personas???

+ poweredbyzen on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

this looks interesting – i just might get it!

+ mgsfoxhound2 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

sorry i meant to say ive been playing singstar Queen for 4 months already

+ remanutd5 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

yo mgsfoxhound how did you get the wireless mics?? thats the only reason why i havent bought the game yet , my sister wants it and even more with all those spanish songs but im waiting for the wireless controllers to come to the states

+ Aggie_CEO on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

Can we get some hiphop please?? or at LEAST some oldschool R&B or something?? thanks

+ StalkingSilence on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

I will “review” the Wireless Mics for PlayStation LifeStyle haha.

Thanks for the update!

+ StalkingSilence on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

Sorry to ask this question, I’m sure you get it alot… Any possibility of Journey – Midnight Train?

+ anthroposatiros on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

Hi Nina,

Thanks for the update. A lot of good songs, I was wondering if there are any plans for the future to add Mecano songs to the Spanish library. Mecano has so many good songs, and it was so popular both in Spain and Latin America. Just a suggestion.

Oh, and please, please, please, bring more Vaya con Dios — love them!

+ anthroposatiros on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

I forgot to add.

Nina,

The European store already has Time Flies (by Vaya con Dios) in their library. Any plans to give us that one too?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Not at the moment, I\’m afraid. Sorry!

+ Zezzler on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

will there be a singstar queen edition that comes with the mics?… i dont have singstar, but it looks interesting.

+ jelly_bean on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Good but no UMG songs… I will cry this week instead of celebrating :(

+ Nettacki01 on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

SINGSTAR QUEEN!!

+ shad_86 on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

any plan include UMG and Warner music artists in the singstore?

+ SeanScythe on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Lame, I’m sorry I’m 27 and I don’t even know these songs.
In English

The Look – Roxette
Tell Me It’s Not Over – Starsailor
Walk Like An Egyptian – The Bangles
On The Radio _ The Concretes
Happy Birthday Helen – Things Of Stone and Wood
Just A Friend of Mine – Vaya Con Dios

I’ve never heard of any of them. Why do you keep adding songs that are not even popular? My parents are not using my PS3, I am so enough with the songs from 1930′s and beyond. I still enjoy a few but that’s all we are getting lately oldies. I want new rock, Seether, Breaking Ben., Linkin Park, All American Rejects, Metallica, etc

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Hiya,

I\’m sorry that you don\’t find anything this week you like (or know).

I can assure you though that some of these are very popular with the SingStar community, believe it or not :).

How about the Vagrant songpack?

Cheers,

Nina

+ izzme on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Thanks for posting the US updates on the blog. At least Singstar has some visibility here now and we don’t have to go looking at the SCEE sites.

While I agree that more modern music is great, in my house it is the older “kids” (parents) that play Singstar the most ;-)

+ LokeSTL on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

******************************************

@Nina

Please comment on whether we are going to see a U.S. release of the wireless mics or not. We are constantly asking the question, and are ignored EVERY TIME. Even a “There are currently no plans…” answer would be sufficient. A little communication on this matter would be appreciated.

*********************************

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Hiya,

I\’m sorry, I try and not ignore anyone on here and I like to make sure I giue guys the right answers rather than just an easy \’I don\’t know\’.

Unfortunately, I haven\’t been able to get an answer on this myself yet. Hope to have one soon for you though. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,

Nina

+ BrianMcGuinness on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

at #18…

so buy Rock Band or Guitar Hero and stop crying.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Hello Nina,

I have an important question, and this is the number 1 reason why I haven’t bought Singstar yet (2nd being no wireless mics in the US, 3rd being songs tied to your machine and not tied to your account), anyways, my question is, is there a plan for an “adult” subcommunity? What I mean is, will it ever have uncensored songs with the original uncensored music video (where a music video is available). You can require CC activation and verification to make sure you’re not selling them to a minor and those songs in the subcommunity would not be able to be redeemed by PSN cards and would only be sold by Credit Card.

IMO this would be really good as you’d expand your audience, I know I wouldn’t buy Korn’s “Freak on a Leash” right now because I know it’s censored and I would be weary of buying Pink’s “Just like a pill” because it might be censored. As far as keeping it family friendly, I totally and completely understand, hence why you would have this subcommunity for people that want those songs, you could even have 2 versions of the songs, one that’s family friendly and one that is uncensored. I hope this is actually something that’s considered.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Thanks for adding lots of Spanish and Portuguese songs btw

+ RunnerKyle on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Great, 9 Roxette songs – I keep saying there aren’t enough Roxette songs on SingStar. Who makes picks this crap anyway?

The song options for SS are really disappointing! Then you release Queen songs, but on a disc? I would have bought a couple songs but there’s no way I’m buying an entire disc of Queen for SingStar!

SS is a great game, but very poorly managed. Seriously, 9 Roxette songs???

+ LokeSTL on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

@Nina

Thanks for the response! Not the news I would have liked, but an answer non-the-less. Hoping to see those wireless mics here soon. My SingStar purchases are on hold until then. Thanks again!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

Thanks for the update Nina!

I like the added spanish songs but can we get some more recent hits please?

Also the english songs were not that great. We also need more current hits.

The competition is definitely beating you guys at putting better hit songs for their users… =[

+ TakiFuGu on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

What’s the word with wireless mics? That’s all I really care about.

+ saintaqua on August 3rd, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

Looks like a fun update, not as good as the European one, but still nice!!
Thanks!!

+ NightHawk17 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

any news on singstar vol.3?

+ SalMoriarty on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

will singstar queen finally prove that fat-bottomed girls make the rockin’ world go round?

+ Craazy on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Though I am happy about a few of the tracks (Bangles, Roxette)….I would like to see some more recent *American* music on the store say within the last 5 years (I was pumped when Santogold showed up on the store).

Also there is a HUGE lack of American Grunge music…..Nirvana, STP, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, etc…

I dont know a whole lot of British pop songs, probably because I am American that is not to say they are bad, I just wont buy them because I am not familiar with them.

+ Draven71 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I agree about the comment made earlier about not purchasing a whole disc of Queen songs or even the ABBA songs for that matter simply because I’m only interested in a couple of songs. Why aren’t these released to the SingStar Store so we can cherry pick the titles we want? The die hards are going to buy the disc anyways so why not offer them in the online store?
For those inquiring about the wireless mics just order them online already, they are really easy to find. I’ve had mine for a few months and love them.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 4th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

Hiya,

Again, we\’d love to get things like ABBA and Queen on the store for you but it is just not possible sometimes for the US.

Possibilities for releases are limited for now but we are constantly making an effort to resolve any issues we encounter daily.

It\’a very slow process and we can\’t even be sure that these things will ever be possible but there\’s always trying and hoping… :)

Ninax

+ Ftwrthtx on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Thanks for the content. Its nice to see new songs being added often.

+ samich2007 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

When will you add some songs from Lady Gaga?

+ jakebonz on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Singstar Queen sneaking its way out onto store shelves is only rivaled by Snake sneaking his way back into Shadow Moses in full OctoCammo.

Glad it’s finally out, though!

+ KillaCaliBoi1992 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

not my taste but koo

+ acerazer1 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

I don’t have singstar, but I’ve noticed many of the songs on singstar do not have a home on either rockband or guitar hero, even though they are definitely “band” songs. Is there a correlation here, or just coincidence?

+ TakiFuGu on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Can you guys please allow people to download their singstar bluray discs to the HD. It’s a total pain having to change multiple disc each time you want a different set of songs. Not cool!

+ TakiFuGu on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Updating the Singstore wouldn’t hurt neither. I’m not sure how it is in the other countries but in NA the SingStore sucks.

+ reubensitos on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Nina, Thank you soooooo much! What an awesome update. For sure I am buying a chunk of these tracks!

More Miguel Bose please! Julieta Venegas too please! And while I am at it Aleks Syntek or RBD.

None the less YES!!! Queen + Bangles + Roxette + Miguel Bose + Hombres G + La Oreja De Van Gogh = Broke me! YAY!

+ dougatt on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Any chance we in the States might see some Depeche Mode… ever?

+ Schmeidenkamp on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Some bands I would love to see on the SingStore:

Led Zeppelin
The Strokes
David Bowie (I know theres a few, but theres sooo many good ones that arent there)
Rolling Stones (Again I know theres already one there, but we need waay more)
The Cars (Specifically ‘Drive’)
Billy Idol (Specifically ‘Eyes Without A Face’)
The Smiths
When In Rome (Specifically ‘The Promise’)

Any plans for any of these? I would buy all of them! Thanks : ]

+ DeviantBoi on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

It’s awesome that you’re finally giving some love to Spanish users! Any chance of having “Flaca” by Andres Calamaro make it over to the NA SingStore? It’s available in Europe.

+ Shinriji on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Nothing for me this week. I hope that Universal songs come ASAP to the US Singstar.

Oh, and Wireless mics and Singstar Starter Pack, please.

+ PullusPardusUS on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

@18
you are 27 and you haven’t heard of “The Bangles ” “Roxette” and “Deep Purple” ?

you been living in a cave?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 3rd, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

I take that back, I went to youtube and listened to those portuguese and spanish songs and most of them suck…..still a nice start though.

+ StalkingSilence on August 3rd, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

One suggestion:
Can you allow us to sort the SingStore downloads by release date? If I miss a couple weeks it’s hard to remember what was already out. I’d like to just see what’s been added in the last, say, 2 months.

+ louboy419 on August 3rd, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

I have been a fan of sing star since the first disc came out for the PS2. I was really happy when it made the jump to PS3, but i am unhappy with the songs that the USA get’s compaired to other countries. The UK get coldplay, depeche mode, U2, and other great bands, the USA seems to get left overs. I will continue to play but i just wanted my voice to be heard, “equal rights to the same songs for all players”

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 4th, 2009 at 6:39 am said:

Hi there. I hear you loud and clear and believe it or not, we\’re as frustrated as you are at the possiblilities.

It\’s not that we don\’t WANT to give these artists\’ music to you on the US store, we simply haven\’t got the right to at the moment.

But, as always, we\’re working all the time to get you guys more tracks you can enjoy! Hope this helps!

+ Lex_Yayo_407 on August 3rd, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Where are the Michael Jackson songs at? We need some classics of his put up in the SingStore.

+ Morgus on August 3rd, 2009 at 1:25 pm said: