PS4-Watch_Dogs

This Week on the SingStore

Nina Scherer's Avatar + Posted by Nina Scherer on Aug 03, 2009 // Content Manager, SCEE

Hi and welcome to the SingStore update!

This week, we have a real surprise for all Spanish and Portuguese language singers amongst you: over forty Spanish and Portuguese language tracks previously unavailable in the US store are now available for download. You can see the full track listing below and I hope you like what you see.

Also included in the update are great tunes from Roxette, Deep Purple and The Bangles plus two Song Packs: SingStar Sizzlers a perfect addition to any BBQ party in your back yard and a special Vagrant Records pack including The Hold Steady, Dashboard Confessional and Senses Fail.

For all your Queen fans, we’re also happy to announce that SingStar Queen for PS3 and PS2 will be available for purchase as a standalone disc starting tomorrow.

SingStar Queen Packfront

• Screaming Infidelities – Dashboard Confessional
  • At Your Funeral – Saves The Day
  • A Fact of Life – FACT
  • Can’t Be Saved – Senses Fail
  • Stay Positive – The Hold Steady

+ darth_g on August 3rd, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Nina, it iis great to see that PS is adding more and more songs. Any plan on posting songs for Sony BMG artists such as Shakira, Ricky Martin and many others spanish speaking songs?

Thanks in advance

+ tearsofash on August 3rd, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Nothing I want to buy from the Singstore this week, but there is something I’ll be buying from the REAL store. :D

+ dagundam on August 3rd, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

I’m sorry. Not my kind of songs. And I bought Singstar the week it came out, in hopes of having a fun experience with songs i know…

I’ve been holding my breath since then but too bad it seems like it’ll never happen…

Why not put up HELLA songs, excuse my language–songs that appeal to all different audiences… rather than focus on one (older audience who happens to play Singstar)??

Put more modern music in there and I guarantee you your singstore sales will go up.

+ luigidkm3 on August 3rd, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

hey music with the xmb for fat princess please!!!!!!!!!

+ luigidkm3 on August 3rd, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

hey music with the xmb for fat princess please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TailsTheCat on August 3rd, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Queen is amazing. You youngsters know not. Ive already bought my first SingStar game in SingStar Queen. I cant wait. I also got SingStar Vol.2 with the two microphones because I dont have any mics. Ill sell Vol. 2 as soon as I receive it. I can not wait to get SingStar Queen. Please give me more tracks. Being an avid Queen fan, i and other know that there are dozens of amazing songs of Queen’s that are not included on the disc. And its a BluRay disc, there should have been twice as many songs but how would you make your money from DLC then? Very annoying. Still, I cant wait to get SingStar Queen. Please give me more Queen songs.

+ Enigma777 on August 3rd, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

I feel like the NA store gets crap updates b/c all the good songs are locked down to Rock Band or Guitar Hero…

+ diablo103 on August 3rd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

any chance that we can get normal american songs. im pretty sure the majority of people on this blog live in the the U.S. and at the moment Lips is starting to look more current and fun with tracks from Lady GaGa, Kanye West. So please tell us fellow Americans that you do have Popular American songs in “store” for us

+ Pinto55 on August 3rd, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

Great update!I love Roxette!

+ sscoolChea on August 3rd, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

every week its the same old BS… As much as i like all the old 80s stuff and some alternative . Can we please get some current r and b stuff ? Let me just name a few ….how about neyo , rihanna , mariah , usher etc…….Every freakin artist has a video out …Do we really need all those europe pop to be hitting the us store…come on lets get it together…

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 5th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

If it\’s not possible to get it released in the US, we can\’t give it to you. We do try but sadly, out of or hands, simple as that.

We are working really hard to get more tracks for the US and but again – we are dependent on what we can get and not what we\’d like to have. Sorry.

Hope you understand that it really isn\’t just about picking songs and releasing them. I wish it was! :)

+ sscoolChea on August 3rd, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

just to continue my rambling……who wants to sing all those freakin britney spears song??? you got like 20 of them ….

+ Krazie_Paul on August 3rd, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Where is Keyshia Cole, Mariah Carey, Amy Winehouse?

+ OGRECORSAIR on August 3rd, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

what gives? We have most of those Roxette songs already in a pack.

+ sharkclc1 on August 3rd, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Journey Journey Journey Journey Journey

Ok, I want some new stuff, too, but how about some Journey!!!

+ Thrasher20 on August 3rd, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

Queen is cool

+ MakaiOokami on August 4th, 2009 at 12:21 am said:

Please please please PLEASE post at least every fortnight on singstar information. Even if it’s just to post up a video you guys found entertaining or a clip of a studio member having fun…

Also Nina if you could PLEASE answer 1 simple question. Will there be a long wait before the Queen songs hit the US Singstore? I kinda don’t want to have to disc swap, unless there’s some ulterior reason why it would be beneficial to me to disk swap.

Why shoudl I pay $1.60 USD per track AND diskswap if the singstore is $1.50 USD and I don’t have to disk swap?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 5th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

Hi,

not the first time I am answering this question for some reason :) – and you should be getting fortnightly updates from now on.

Queen is only going to be out on disc for the time being. I am not sure whether any tracks will ever make it to the US store as sadly, that\’s not up to us.

Sorry to be vague but I simply don\’t know. (Otherwise I\’d make my living as a fortune teller :))

Thanks,
    Nina

+ cruello on August 4th, 2009 at 4:55 am said:

are you also planning to have some songs of Phil Collins, Genesis and Peter Gabriel?? and more of Ricky Martin and Gloria Estefan please.

+ Mox007 on August 4th, 2009 at 5:33 am said:

Thank you for the Spanish songs, but could we please get some music that would appeal to Latin America.

Marco Antonio Solis
Luis Miguel
Juanes
Selena
David Lee Garza Y Los Musicales
Mana

Please…

+ anthroposatiros on August 4th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

So when is the update really going to be done this week? I was in the store last night and there wasn’t anything new as of then?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 5th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

The store update usually happens every two weeks on a Thursday – this update is just to give you a heads up on what will be available.

+ MrTalKaLot03 on August 4th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

will There ever Be Good Songs In Spanish I got a Lot of Friend ask me if they have some
reggaeton music they will buy it but it dose not have new Spanish music’s

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on August 4th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

Hi Nina Scherer I am here in Brazil is very successful here SighStar people like this where everything Beyoncé, Shakira, RBD (Rebelde), A New Pack Roxette, The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Lady gaga, Tears for Fears, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion is on Us only in European accounts. answer me please.
I am giving some idea, I will always be here waiting update. why can not update the songs every week?

+ Ahnxlazyman on August 4th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

I haven’t seen Singstar: Queen at any stores, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy etc. in my area.

I checked there websites and a majority of the stores say’s the release date is the 11th?

but you guys say the 4th.

oh how frustrating but I can’t wait to get it.

+ DylanVR on August 4th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

I love SingStar and have been recommending it to my friends here in the US. I’ve discovered some amazing UK bands like Suede in the US SingStore, but it’s frustrating to see songs from great groups like Yazoo and Erasure released in the UK SingStore but not in the US SingStore. The development work is already done, so I really hope that these songs can be released in the US once the rights issues have been worked out! An Erasure song was already released on a SingStar PS2 disc, so this should be possible. (I’m also still looking for a website to buy the wireless mics…)

Thanks to Sony for providing the best karaoke experience in existence!!!

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 5th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

Hi everyone,

On the availability of wireless mics in the US: All I can say is that myself and/or the SCEA team will continue to keep you updated on when they will become available and as and when we get that information.

Unfortunately, that is all the information I can get for you right now.

Thanks,

Nina

+ anthroposatiros on August 5th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

Thank you, Nina.

I love that you take your time to answer questions. I really love the Singstar games, and I am looking forward to this and all future store updates.

Keep up the good work!

Now, I have another question… I know the Europe gamers get promotions/contests where they get the chance to win extra slots to post videos on their accounts. Will that ever be the case for the U.S.?

+ adpham2 on August 5th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

i’ve been a singstar fan since the original ps2. i’ve always thought it was better than ‘lips’.

however, there are a few gripes that i have.
first, i’m very disappointed how there is sooooo much 80′s and not enough current songs. i appreciate the old stuff, but current songs can reach a broader audience. the same goes with european songs, i like them, but how about some more american songs.

speaking of american songs, i was soo excited to see hoobastank to be in the singstore, but sooooo disappointed that it wasn’t available in the US. also, i saw the Jamiroquai songs, but the one i reeeallly wanted was virtual insanity. again, it’s for the UK and not US. how come they can’t make ALL the songs available to EVERYONE!!

+ adpham2 on August 5th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

…continue

lastly, i thought it was a great idea for rock band 2 to give a small fee to incorporate songs from their first disc. i was anticipated the same for singstar. i have a good amount of ps2 singstar and it would’ve been great if those songs were ALL incorporated with the ps3 singstar. although it was great to have people swap disc so they are able to use their old ps2 singstar, but it is a great deal of hassle to stop a game in a middle of party to swap disc. when i play rock band 2 at a friends house, the game never stops b/c all of the download games, rock band 1 & 2 are already there.

if these issue were fix then i would say singstar will be one of my favorite games on the ps3 system…but of these few flaws…it’s just a good/great game

p.s. you might want to consider online gaming w/ the sony eye. that would be soooo awesoome!! oh yea…like everyone else have said…..wireless mics.

p.s.s. i really didn’t mean to make post a nagging/complaining one. it was meant to help improve the game. i think it’s cool that there’s someone actually here answering our questions. thanks!

+ JAK620 on August 5th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Cool. When can we get singstar pop for PS3?

Also, if you have Rock Band series for PS3, RB lets you install previous versions onto the PS3 HD so that you can play all RB1 and download tracks on RB2.

Please Please Please Please do that for Singstar!!!!

+ jumisato on August 5th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

I am glad you have more Spanish songs in the US store however you are still missing very famous latin music from Mana, Cafeta Cuba, Enanitos Verdes, Luis Miguel, Miranda, Azafata and some reggeton!

+ Shook-Yang on August 6th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

When are we getting those HOME rewards from those SingStar trophies?

+ mArgAAle2 on August 6th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Are the songs available in the store now??? I wanna buy some of them but i cannot find them…

+ Powerlunch on August 6th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

So, not only do you not update the US store this week, but you remove songs from the store. Last Monday there was a total of 714 and today there are 701. What?!
Thank you.

+ anthroposatiros on August 6th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

Okay… so I went to two local stores and no game… no queen… what gives? Okay, I let it go… but I go to see the online store update, and no update? What’s going on?

+ ice75_man on August 6th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

was just wondering since I have had singstar for almost a year now and the updates use to be on tuesdays now its thurs but its 12:48am eastern standard here friday morning and I got the software update this morning. But the singstore hasnt been updated yet???In response to a few posts it would be nice to be able to download content from previous games to the hard drive to stop the having to switch discs. I guess you would have to incorperate a one time usage code like rockband uses for copyright reasons and piracy. Cudos so far with dealin with the U.S. copyright laws and such and getting a fair variety of music, some more hard rock from 80′s and 90′s would be nice, and some more country not rehashed songs from the already released country singstar would be awsome.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 7th, 2009 at 1:53 am said:

Hiya,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the US guys have had major technical difficulties (so did we over here) with the store update.

We will get this update to you as soon as we can – please bear with us. Apologies!

Thanks,

Nina

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on August 7th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Today and sixth not yet these store u.s?

+ overkil6 on August 7th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

New to the Singstar world and love it. However so far I only have volume 2. I have a question regarding additional packs/game discs:

1) if I purchase another pack, am I basically purchasing the Singstar engine as well as songs?

2) Does the PS3 treat each Singstar as an individual game or do all of my songs in my library (both downloaded and on other discs) register in the Singstar library list so I will at least know which songs I have available to me?

3) is it possible to transfer songs from a game disc to the HDD (ala Rockband) so I don’t need to switch game discs constantly?

Cheers!

+ Powerlunch on August 7th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

@overkil6
OK no matter what disc you insert all of your downloaded content will appear in your main menu.
And for your third question. No, Singstar has a feature called disc swap, by pressing select, where you are able to change disc without ending a game. It would be great if we can use that huge 20, 40, 60, 80+ gig hard drive that came with our PS3′s but perhaps it will come in a future update.

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on August 8th, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

Lips this with musics more interesting that you

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on August 8th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

Game Lips has more current musics.

+ willtheshake on August 8th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Is the update ready yet?

+ KingYakko on August 9th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

YES! Queen. I need to look for that one. Thanks for releasing this!

R.I.P. Freddie!

+ shadowjin on August 9th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

I have not seen anyone of these songs in the US singstar store on the 6th did the US updates get change to 3 weeks now? There out in the Australian store but i dislike purchasing there because its 1 dollar more.

+ rowlystravel on August 9th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

i know the americans moan about lack of songs, but on the flip side, i’d like to see more american stuff in europe, like the foo fighters, 3 doors down (like the songs of the american rocks and amped games on the ps2) how come if a song is on a disc, you cant automatically get the rights to have it on the store? do the other record companies not want our money!! they always moan people pirate their music but then they dont want to give up the goods to actually make some money!!!

+ sakacaca on August 9th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

Nina,
I just can’t find the songs in the singstore? where are they?

+ Dragon_Freeman on August 10th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

What happened to the US singstore update?

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on August 10th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

What happened to the US singstore update? I want a reply?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on August 11th, 2009 at 1:17 am said:

If you all look at my reply at numger 84, that is all I could tell you at the time.

However, I have just had news this morning that all is fine and I hope we can upload this for you today.

Apologies again for the delay.

+ Powerlunch on August 10th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Nina is today is UK holiday? Can you release a detailed statement on the status of the this weeks US update and the community servers?

+ anthroposatiros on August 10th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

I was just wondering… all weekend long I haven’t been able to enter the SingStar Online Community. Is there a problem with this as well? Am I the only one?

+ Powerlunch on August 10th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

ok US guys, here is info posted today around 9 a.m. US eastern time from Nina from the UK PS blog referring about the US update—

Well, let me tell you, as I am only moonlighting on the US blog for the time being, I’ll do my best to find things out. Not so easy with the time difference as you can imagine
So, the update should be going live in the next couple of days but I am still waiting for the confirmation. Will let you know as soon as i can upload your content for you in the US.
I haven’t had a confirmed tracklist yet but I am sure Carly or Naomi will publish it when they have it.

+ MrTalKaLot03 on August 10th, 2009 at 11:20 am said: