Bloodborne

Gran Turismo PSP Pre-Order Bonus Items Revealed

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar + Posted by Stephanie Yoshimoto on Aug 04, 2009 // Senior Product Marketing Manager

Hey there. We just announced the ZR1 Corvette as our cover car, and now I’m back to announce of some exciting pre-order items that are coming soon.

Pre-order Gran Turismo, and you’ll get a voucher that will add one of the top cars to your in-game collection of cars in an exclusive color. This means that on day one, you’ll be able to smoke your friends in 4-player Ad Hoc Mode multiplayer races with one of these rare sports cars while they are just getting started saving up credits.

First up is the 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 in the Black M color. Sporting a 16-cylinder engine with four turbochargers delivering over 1000hp, this is one of the most sought-after cars in the world, not to mention the fastest production car in the world. And by that, I mean it can do over 254mph.

GT PSP - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 SpecialColor A front

Also available will be the 2002 Enzo Ferrari in Giallo Modena (yellow). With unmistakable Ferrari style and a 6.0-liter V-12 engine, this car should make it easy start racking up credits to start building your collection from the more than 800 cars in the game.

GT PSP - Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 SpecialColor A front

Next up is the 2008 GTbyCitroen in yellow. You may remember this concept car and its sleek, futuristic style from last year when it was announced at the Paris Motor Show. This car is the result of a close collaboration between Polyphony Digital and the French automaker Citroen. And now it’s making its way into Gran Turismo for PSP.

GT PSP - Citroen GT by Citroen '08 SpecialColor A front

The fourth car that will be available is the metallic blue version of the 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V. The new GT-R is one of the hottest cars on the market right now, complete with the in-dash multi-function meter designed by Polyphony Digital. The Spec V reduces overall weight and improves suspension and handling over the previous GT-R, making it even better for whipping around corners at high speeds. Now you can get this exclusive metallic blue color of the GT-R Spec V, on the PSP.

GT PSP - NISSAN GT-R Spec V (R35) '09 SpecialColor A front

And last but not least is the classic 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 in Arancio (orange). Yes, that’s right. Lamborghini. GT fans know this is special, as it marks the first time Lamborghini has ever been in Gran Turismo. And as you can imagine, this won’t be the last Lamborghini in a Gran Turismo game, either.

GT PSP - Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 SpecialColor A front

And these are just five of the more than 800 licensed cars that you can drive in the game. Everyone who gets their hands on the game tells us that these cars look just amazing, speeding around the track at an unprecedented 60fps. Watch the official Gran Turismo website for more specific information in the coming weeks.

Don’t forget, Gran Turismo for PSP launches on October 1, 2009, available at retail and from the PlayStation Network.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SPARDA on August 4th, 2009 at 7:04 am said:

The GT series has never let me down

I am gonna pick up this game for sure.

Thanks

SPARDA

+ Microshock on August 4th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

Fancy, does the pre-order come with the real life thing?

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

only 2 months to go! :D:D

+ The_Punisher111 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

2009 Bugatti Veyron – Sexy
2002 Enzo Ferrari – Nothing new but Sexy
2008 GTbyCitroen – Uber Sexy
2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V – Omega God of Sexiness
1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 – Not so sexy – Looks like EXACT same car used in Dumb & Dumber 1

+ TwinTurboJosh on August 4th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

Finally, Lambos in a NA GT release!!

+ Chrysus on August 4th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

LAMBO’S YES! Great work on getting the liscence <3 Please tell me they will be making their way to GT5.

+ lcmnick on August 4th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

Genius.

Lambos….yeah, baby, yeah!

+ zaphodb42 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Is there any way to get a pre-order bonus if we are planning on buying in on the PSN. I am getting the PSP go so there is no point in pre-ordering a disc. I want that Veyron!

+ thepatriots on August 4th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

There is a God and his name is Kazunori Yamauchi. From now I worship PD-ism. This single handily made my day. Stephanie, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I look forward to seeing this much blog coverage when GT5 is ready for the spot light.

+ zabbyh on August 4th, 2009 at 7:21 am said:

OMG Veyron!!!! Do want, this better be available in UK.

+ SPARDA on August 4th, 2009 at 7:21 am said:

One simple request!!!!!!!!!
Can you guys please ask SCEA to release the “ADHOC Party Software” for us in the U.S.
For those that don’t know about it, it allows you to play PSP games with Ad-Hoc capability to be played with friends though the PS3/PSN (while using PS3 voice chat).

check it out

SCEA….MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

+ LiquidMetal14 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

Great cars.

+ DeMoNiCMeMBeR on August 4th, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

Wow and to think….this was supposed to be a launch title for the original PSP. Only took how many years of delay?

+ FE_RR on August 4th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

so, the only thing we lose, if don’t preorder, are those color, we can get those cars later in the game, but not in those colors…seems fair

+ Cordy44 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

I am curious as well as to the answer to zaphodb42′s question. If you plan on picking (or should I say downloading) this game on October 1st after picking up a PSP Go is there anyway to pre-order the digital copy? Or atleast any word on how Sony plans to handle transferring UMD games already owned to a format playable on the PSP Go. Maybe the retail packaging would have a physical UMD as well as a voucher to download the digital copy? I know it defeats the point but a simple solution.

+ FoolKiller79 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Since the actual details of where each car is available, I am guessing this was more to drop a Bugatti and Lamborghini bomb on us.

Now, which do I want? All five in one would be a big bonus, but I will take what I can get.

And thanks for not making a demo the pre-order bonus.

Any chance that we will see other things added to this, like t-shirts or whatnot? Or is there going to be a collector’s edition with that kind of stuff?

+ eaferrari24 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

:O forcing me to preorder! lol nice marketing team :P

+ TwiztedR3DHead on August 4th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

OMG they really pushn this one wow them cars iz nice as hell and this game may just be the one racing game that will last along time for me WOW!!

+ Kenshin71 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

When is GT5 coming out?

+ VIPERGTS01 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

Very nice!

Thank you. This is looking good for GT5, don’t get me wrong I am still buying GT PSP. :)

+ Korbei83 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:32 am said:

Thank you for correctly referring to it as the Enzo Ferrari. Every time someone calls it a Ferrari Enzo it mildly infuriates me.

+ JamboGT on August 4th, 2009 at 7:32 am said:

Lambo and Bugatti confirmed, all that leaves is Porsche now!

+ MS3Boy on August 4th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

Thank you thank you thank you for NOT splitting these cars up for different retailers!

I assume there will be a way to pre-order on the PSN since this has been touted as a “launch” title for the PSP Go?

+ nickjd331 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

As do many people, I really want a Bugatti. What do people buying the PSN version have to do, or do we not get this bonuses.

+ gators625 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

Hopefully you guys have something special for those of us purchasing the PSPgo and buying the PSN version. Right?

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar

+ Stephanie Yoshimoto on August 4th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Yes. For those who are planning to purchase Gran Turismo from the PlayStation Network as a download, we will be able to share our plans for you shortly, but rest assured you are not forgotten.

+ FoolKiller79 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:38 am said:

@MS3Boy,

Read it again, you get one of the five. I think they are being split up over multiple retailers.

+ CloudStorm87 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:38 am said:

All of these cars are fantastic, especially the Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari Enzo. I’m definitely going to preorder the game now but I have a couple of questions before I do and I would really appreciate if you’d kindly answer them-

1. How can I preorder this game if I were to purchase a PSPgo? Will there be a physical case of the game sold at retailers with the download voucher and all the same preorder bonuses included that are available for the UMD version of game?

2. I know I should probably ask this over at the European PS Blog, but I never get an answer there. Will these preorder bonuses be available to the European gamers also?

I’d be delighted if you please answer these questions and I look forward to playing GT on my PSPgo (hopefully) soon!

Thank you.

+ Korbei83 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

“CloudStorm87 | August 4th, 2009 at 7:38 am
All of these cars are fantastic, especially the Bugatti Veyron and ***Ferrari Enzo.***”

Right there. Mildly infuriating.

+ wbrinkman on August 4th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

zomg lamborghini

+ Excalibur_III on August 4th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

Wow October is not gonna let down gamers…
Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo PSP, Borderlands, Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend(Same day has Uncharted 2), Demon´s Souls and DJ Hero.

+ Excalibur_III on August 4th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

Wow October is not gonna let down gamers…

+ Excalibur_III on August 4th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

Sorry double post… November is even better :)

+ tagout on August 4th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

Does this mean we’re going to see them in GT5?

+ KazeEternal on August 4th, 2009 at 7:51 am said:

Pre-order…. bonus…. for a DLC day to date game with UMD….. OUR YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!

lol just wow.

Please do not tell me you’re not going to get all brain dead with this release like you did with Patapon 2 and put in store vouchers for those who don’t want to miss out on pre-order bonus’.

+ GTAce on August 4th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

Is this a confirmation that we will see Lambo and Bugatti and GT5 and will there be more Bugattis in the GT franchise? PLEASE! Im not a huge fan of the Veyron, but love the EB110 and all the rare 1930s Bugattis.

+ Stoffinator on August 4th, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Wish you could change the color of the cars. I hate yellow.

+ joseph2411 on August 4th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

I buy GT PSP and you give me a real car, sweet!! lol

+ Kchow23 on August 4th, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

Sexy Looking Cars!

+ PirateThom on August 4th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

While the Lambo and Veyron are nice and all, I love the GT-R. What can I say?

+ SideShowRED on August 4th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

I thought I’d never get a PSP. You proved me wrong.

Now please confirm porsches.

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on August 4th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

I was just going to ask/point out the same thing #23 did. (very good question by the way)

So….what about the people who by the PSPgo and buy GT from the PSN.?

+ BlooodyCow on August 4th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Wait, so people that buy the PSP Go and download it from the PSN store are screwed?
What, so you are telling me that they are less important than people that buy the UMD?

Am I the only one that hate these pre-order [DELETED]? I remember a time no too long ago when you can simply input a “cheat” code and unlock different color skins, weapons, and everything that is being used as pre-order bonuses today.

+ Gadirok on August 4th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

What if you preordered it around 4 years ago?

+ BlooodyCow on August 4th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

Am I the only one that hate these pre-order bull$h!t? I remember a time no too long ago when you can simply input a “cheat” code and unlock different color skins, weapons, and everything that is being used as pre-order bonuses today.

+ Enforcer_X on August 4th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

I already preordered.
What a hassle …

Well I want the Bugatti and Enzo hhmm decisions …

+ Ausohoj on August 4th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

more incentive to buy this? no. Cause im getting the PSP go and am thus unable to preorder. we still get the cars though right? just not in thoose colors?

+ SoWhiteChocolate on August 4th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

Oh that Veyron is the most beautiful car! I’m definitely preordering just for the all-black version. I’m so excited for this game (and GT5)!

+ Pesico on August 4th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

Half the fun with the GT Mode is to start small,saving up credits and slowly get better. Hope it’s gonna be a PSP Go / GT PSP bundle.

+ freakzilla149 on August 4th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

If only my wallet would allow me this pleasure.

+ LBFANSTi on August 4th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

Once again eurpeans are forgotten.. cmon sony..

PAGE 1 2 3