PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 07, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone -

Here are our this week’s new releases and top downloads for the Video Store.

PlayStation Video Store Update 8/7

This week we’ve added the following new content:

HD Movies

• Jimmy Neutron | Season 1 –
  • Jimmy Neutron | Season 2 –
  • Jon & Kate Plus 8 | Season 5 – Camping Out
  • Jon & Kate Plus 8 | Season 5 – Renovations and Vacations
  • Kappa Mikey | Season 1 –
  • Kappa Mikey | Season 2 –
  • Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List | Season 5 – Official Book Club Selection
  • Kenny vs. Spenny | Season 5 – Who Can Piss Off More People?
  • Law & Order: Criminal Intent | Season 8 – Alpha Dog
  • MANswers | Season 1 –
  • MANswers | Season 2 –
  • Miami Social | Season 1 – The False Positives
  • Michael & Michael Have Issues | Season 1 – Ep 4
  • Monk | Season 8 – Ep 1
  • Naruto | Season 3, Volume 2 –
  • Ned’s Declassified | Season 1 –
  • Ned’s Declassified | Season 2 –
  • Ned’s Declassified | Season 3 –
  • NYC Prep | Season 1 – Ivy League of Their Own
  • Paris Hilton’s My New BFF | Season 2 – Do You Really Know Me?
  • Psych | Season 4 – Ep 1
  • Shark Week | Season 2009 – Deadly Waters
  • Shark Week | Season 2009 – Sharkbite Summer
  • Skyland | Season 1 –
  • Skyland | Season 2 –
  • SpongeBob SquarePants | Top Kenny’s Top 20 –
  • Striperella | Season 1 –
  • Superman: Red Son Motion Comics | Season 1 – Pyotr’s Rejection/ Pyotr Creates a Monster
  • Tak & the Power of JuJu | Season 1 –

Top Movies

1. Miss March UNRATED
    2. Dragonball: Evolution
    3. Watchmen
    4. Fast & Furious (2009)
    5. Green Lantern: First Flight
    6. The Haunting in Connecticut (Unrated)
    7. Knowing
    8. Horsemen
    9. Push
    10. Obsessed

Top HD Movies

1. Watchmen
    2. Dragonball: Evolution
    3. Miss March UNRATED
    4. Green Lantern: First Flight
    5. Obsessed
    6. The Haunting in Connecticut (Unrated)
    7. Knowing
    8. Push
    9. Horsemen
    10. The Haunting in Connecticut

Top TV Episodes

1 . Robot Chicken | Season 0 – Robot Chicken Star Wars: Episode II, Extended Edition
    2 . Transformers | Season 1 – More Than Meets The Eye, Part 1

6. Eureka | Season 3 - It’s Not Easy Being Green
    7. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13- The Coon
    8. Rescue Me | Season 5 - Lesbos
    9. Sons of Anarchy | Season 1 - Pilot
    10. UFC Fights | Season 1 - Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson

+ JesseHaysFL on August 7th, 2009 at 5:25 am said:

Sorry not to be a jerk but…

Here are our this week’s new releases and top downloads for the Video Store

I think that needs an edit…..How about..

Here are our new releases and top downloads for the Video Store…

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on August 7th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

You got us! We\’ll brush up next week.

+ coppi6976 on August 7th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

Another great update!!!!!!!!HBO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ LILBUDDY2000 on August 7th, 2009 at 5:41 am said:

Any progress on bringing this service to Canada? thx

+ poweredbyzen on August 7th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

still waiting for 99-cent new release movie rentals for 24-hours! it’s genius! wal-mart does it with a red box! :D

+ Jetup on August 7th, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

1 free episode
YAY!!!!

+ kurtkbee75 on August 7th, 2009 at 6:02 am said:

****** Complaint ******

Of late I have been disappointed with the video content updates. So many horror and gore-fest movies and the rest just crap that bombed at the box office.

Questions:

1) Why has Sony not tied into a movie rating/review site so that we can get rottentomatoes.com score or the flixter score per movie?

2) Why was the “feature” section for Award winning movies removed from PSN?

3) Why do movie releases take so long? while i like the old shows i would prefer to see more modern films placed on PSN.

I really hate the crap movies and (due to the lack of trusted rating) have wasted money,time and brain cells watching some of these. Getting questions 1 and 2 (above) addressed would help me greatly.
Quality of video content has really gone down and it will be driving me away from the site and back to comcast VOD (they also sucked but quality and current lineup is better).

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on August 7th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We\’re always looking for ways to improve the store, so we appreciate the feedback.

+ MGSTigerFox on August 7th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

I was really, really hopeful that The Soloist would be added to the PS Video Store this update, but sadly, it wasn’t. I went to the Evil Empire and bought it on DVD, instead. Sorry! =)

+ macbelonwu10 on August 7th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

Sony needs to redesign the store.

+ footballrule on August 7th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

Awesome content!

+ DoctorJJ on August 7th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

Props and Congrats to Jeff Rubenstein on his new baby! Wishing the best to you and your family!

+ RoyTheReaper on August 7th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

When will the video store be available in Europe?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on August 7th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

Can we have more than one download please.

+ LoveDoctor on August 7th, 2009 at 6:57 am said:

Het SCEA guys… take the next flight to Europe please and tell the SCEE people how to setup a video-store.

Thanks!

+ krae_man on August 7th, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

So Sony, when are you going to give SCEC the resources needed to catch up with SCEA and stay caught up?

The lost revenue from getting PSN cards and the Video store a year+ after the US had to have cost you s*** tons of revenue. Way more then it would have cost you to make it a priority.

When are you going to stop making excuses and find a permanent solution to this issue?

+ Bloody_Marcel on August 7th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

I hate these blog posts as they remind me how much it sucks living in Europe.

+ Carl-G on August 7th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

God your LUCKY in the US. Still waiting for a EURO PSN Video store. And PSN Cards.

+ Calligaris on August 7th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

Any chance of getting PS3 content in Canada?

+ Letters2Kay on August 7th, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

Hey, it would be really nice if the video store worked like the game store- if only just that the red shopping bag would display on items already purchased. I just bought my first duplicate episode of AOTS last night and wasted a couple bucks that I could’ve spent elsewhere on the PSN.

Also, copied 3 episodes of AOTS onto my PSP last night and ended up with about 1/4 of the picture only, sound in-tact. Going to try and re-copy today, but your customer service dept. may be hearing from me soon if I get the same results. Anyone else experience this problem?

+ DustyBlue on August 7th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

Sony, is it THAT hard to just put the video section of the PS Store in other countries? Tons of people want it. You need to share the love with all the other countries.

Other than that, I love the sheer amount of content you have on the PS Store, both game and video sections. Anything about a music section?

+ Happy_Spud on August 7th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Oh you funny Canada, No Video Store For You!

Hey Europe, you have the mighty Euro, no Video Store for You!

+ BoneOfWorld on August 7th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

While we all appreciate all the movies and TV shows that are added each week, I think Sony needs to remember that the PS3 and PSP are primarily gaming consoles.
How about concentrating on more games and gaming content instead of saturating the Store with video material. The release of just one UMD legacy game for the PSP this week has to be regarded as a pretty pathetic effort.

+ Nonstop_Madness on August 7th, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

Great Update, Keep It Up.

+ Thestudness on August 7th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Canada needs this as well come on Sony

+ Steveolio on August 7th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Another great update, but your prices are still high. I understand that the 360 has similar prices but what a way to undercut your competitor and show loyalty to all of the PS3 owners who bought it for the great Blue Ray player it is.
I will continue to use the RedBox service in my local town.
Thank you for listening to my ramblings.
Steve

+ BlooodyCow on August 7th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

@Grace Chen and Sony
Why have I not receive an E-mail for the Qore re-subscription? Also, if I ever receive the E-mail, can I re-subscribe using my second master account? Both of the PS3 my Account was activated on broke and I had to send them into Sony for repair.

+ inuyasha5400 on August 7th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

put some inuyasha and wwe on there. ill buy them

+ Kchow23 on August 7th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Please… When will this content be available in Canada??? :(

+ BlueViper on August 7th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

this is nice, but why no south park? and the new sp game is released by microsoft. bad.

+ iComet on August 7th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Why does Video Content Updates posts always get a rating of 3?!
Is it all you Canadians and Europeans that keep rating these posts 1?

+ BlooodyCow on August 7th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

@29 iComet
because it seems that Sony care more about the video store than the Playstation Network Store.

+ Lowlight47 on August 7th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

So from time to time I miss an episode of a show and I’ve contemplated getting it from the PSN Video Store but I don’t want to pay full boat to watch one episode once. How about a $0.50 rental fee for a single TV episode. I’d much rather do that than hunt down the show and watch it (if it works) through the browser for free. If the option is to pay $3 or something to watch an episode once, I’d rather try to find it for free on a TV show web site.

+ EvoAnubis on August 7th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

I’m really glad to see so much content being put out every week!

+ Thrasher20 on August 7th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

Good stuff humans! :)

+ MegadethAndy on August 7th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

All the Videos should be available for free in SD (ads?), and if people want HD ya have to pay. Oh and make it world wide.

+ Killhusband66 on August 7th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Ok i have a problem and no one knows how to help. I had high stakes poker on the vegas strip: poker edition on my Ps3 we bought another one so we can play together. When we put the game on our new ps3 it saved all my husbands stats and money, but erased mine. Do you know how I can get my money back? Its still there when you check the HSO boards, but not showing up when I play. It is blank on both PS3′s. Anyone who can help me please do!!!! I’m begging you I love this game, and I was doing really well. If you play it you understand.

+ ssmcp137 on August 7th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

can u please add boxing to the video store im not a big ufc fan thanks

+ TrueFFVIIFan on August 7th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Hey SONY!!! WHERE ARE THE SUBTITLES FOR THE MOVIES AND TV SHOWS?!?!?!? PLEASE LOOK INTO THEM NOW!

+ b-dizzle-80 on August 7th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

here are some ideas for the tv show section

1 a tv guide feature so we know when things come out beforehand rather than at the end of the week .

2 a way to subscribe to a show to get the new episodes every week .

3 a way to purchase a whole season at once with a discounted price.

+ Killabee on August 7th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

sony doesn’t seem to care about Canada, i should get a xbox

+ Axecution on August 7th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

What about Ca-screw it.

+ JesseHaysFL on August 8th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

sorry to call out the mistake…

I was only trying to help.

+ Carbajal on August 8th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

What happened to House?? I looked for it and it wasn’t on the store?

+ LLAMACODE on August 9th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

oh they appreciate feed back
huh
too lazy to write something witty about how this relates to them not bringing the video store to Canada
not like anyone is gonna read it

+ LoganCrusher on August 10th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Wish I could get video content. My account has a machine activated that I sent back to Sony a year ago to get fixed. I haven’t found a way to inactivate a machine I don’t have anymore. No way to get video content on my current machine!

+ FrankG on August 11th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

We want video content in Canada !!!

Please !!!

+ SogeKing on August 11th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

We need ANIME to have JAPANESE audio with ENGLISH subtitles. Some have it, but like many anime fans, I REFUSE to watch poorly voiced english Dubs.