PS4 - Destiny

MotorStorm Arctic Edge Pre-order Bonus

Scott McCarthy's Avatar + Posted by Scott McCarthy on Aug 11, 2009 // Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA

This just in for MotorStorm and driving fans. SCEA will be giving an exclusive vehicle to fans who pre-order MotrorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo. The game hits shelves and the PSN Store on Sept 29th but fans who pre-order now will receive a Mirage Rapide rally car. That may not seem like a big deal to gamers who are not rally fans, so here are a few details:

• Comes with two customizable skins
  • Gearing is set for top speed
  • Handling is set at maximum drifting

This means the Mirage Rapide is made specifically to combat the tight cliff face turnabouts and the bobsled corners of MotorStorm Arctic Edge. Being set in Alaska make the environment more unstable than ever but the Mirage Rapide has been tweaked for drifting racers to handle all the new challenges that come with the snowy and icy courses.

Go to any participating retailer to pre-order the game to get your exclusive drift rally car.

MotorStorm Artic Edge PSP

PAGE 1 2

+ SilentW23 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Day one buy

+ MeltTech on August 11th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

We need preorder abilities on the PS Store.

I also need a PS3 that won’t FAIL when I try to download stuff in the PS Store. 2 minutes after powering up my 2.5yr old PS3 60gb, it fails in less than 5 minutes.

THANKS $600 p.o.s.

+ megamixer on August 11th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

As with Gran Turismo PSP, will those of us who want the PSN version be able to obtain this pre-order bonus? And what of the PS2 version of the game, will this vehicle be omitted from it?

Scott McCarthy's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 11th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Just spoke with the Product Manager and he will make the pre-order download available for all consumers who purchase the game from the PSN within the first 30 days from launch.

More to come, but SCEA is committed to supporting PSN consumers.

+ joseph2411 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Again the same question raises. How can i pre order on PSN if I want it for PSP Go?

+ ADR143 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

true people who will have PSP go wont have pre-ordered bonuses.

they should have one online if possible

+ addyjones1234 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

yeah, was wandering about us(to-be) psp go owners and how do we get the preorder bonus.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Guys its not that hard for psp Go, im sure and hope sony does some sort of voucher that you can buy at stores, plus if you pre-order those voucher you would get the bonus. hopefully this or something like this is planed.

+ poweredbyzen on August 11th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

fanboys like myself live on bonuses – you can’t take ‘em away! also, what about the trophies?! i love hearing that ‘ding’ when i get a trophy on the ps3; would love to see that function on the psp go.

+ NEJI64 on August 11th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

i’m guessing it would go like pre-ordering games online. you pre buy the game and then the code will be e-mail to you. at the same time the game will become available via PSN.

+ Tyrsis on August 11th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Scott, you might want to clarify how pre-orders work with PSPGo DLC titles… because I (and probably others) have no clue.

+ megamixer on August 11th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Whys everyone mentioning only the PSPGo? Us regular PSP users are able to download and play these games just fine! :)

By the way, Amazon lists the PSP versions price at $40 which is a real buzz killer. I’m used to PSP rpgs costing that much, but most everything else has been down in the $30 range. I think if there is no PSN pre-order solution I might just pick up the cheaper PS2 version of this game instead.

+ Link01 on August 11th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Are you trying to not promote buying the game via PSN????? You should include the bonuses on the downloadable version too.

+ zombie_56 on August 11th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

is evolution studios developing this? if yes ill buy

+ onlineatron on August 11th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Your really not making a good argument for the PSP-GO by teasing these awesome box arts and exclusive UMD pre-order bonuses.

+ Radant128 on August 11th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Evolution is not behind this title, however I’ve heard some good things about it in preview. I’m looking very much forward to this game, may be buying on both PSP and PS2.

My question is this… Are those of us without local GameStops, Best Buys, etc. out of luck? There’s a GameStop near my house, but I live on campus 8 months a year and there aren’t any of those stores nearby, aside from Wal-Mart (can you pre-order at Wal-Mart?)

+ NEJI64 on August 11th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

i’m guessing it would go like pre-ordering games online. you pre buy the game and then the code will be e-mail to you. at release date the game will become available via PSN.

+ mosespippy on August 11th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

@8, the game has no trophies because it isn’t a PS3 game.

I wouldn’t use the bonus car. Maximum drift is bad in a game like motorstorm. It opens up your side for someone to wreck you easily. Even the smaller stuff can take out the rally car when its drifting.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on August 11th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

They already announced that there won’t be any trophies for the PSP because it’s been hacked, it would be possible for people to fake trophies.

+ onlineatron on August 11th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Hold on.. i’m confused.

‘pre-order MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo’

How can you pre-order it for the PSP-GO!??

‘The game hits shelves and the PSN Store on Sept 29th but fans who pre-order now will receive a Mirage Rapide rally car’

Can PSN users pre-order?

Scott McCarthy's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 11th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Check out my response to #3.

+ BlooodyCow on August 11th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

what happen to the good old days when you simply just enter a cheat code and unlock all those cool skins and car?
Now we have to pre-order in order to get access to these goodies. I say down with pre-order bonuses.

+ Kioni on August 11th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Fix the typo in the first paragraph. “pre-order MotrorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo”

+ Jon_Mclane on August 11th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

@20 at least their not charging you for cheat codes or unlockables on the disk like some other companies

+ Gorvi on August 11th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

I really want this game, this just might push me over the edge into preordering…… I guess that was the intent, huh? :)

+ BlooodyCow on August 11th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

@22 Jon_Mclane
I am looking at you Capcom…Street Fighter 4 and RE5.

+ gus_xl on August 11th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

I know this has been said already, but speaking as a future PSP Go owner, I’d like to see these things for PSN buyers.

Maybe something like, if you download it in the first three days.

+ Bionicle123 on August 11th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I like my psp ill like it even more with this game im my collection of psp software it seems that the psp ias getting more recognition than b4 i like that because the psp some sort used to live in the shadow of the psp but all is good i cant wait until grandturismo psp comes out ^^

+ Bionicle123 on August 11th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

i mean ps3 XD

+ MrBeatdown on August 11th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

I hate pre-order bonuses like this. I’ve always prefered something real. I wouldn’t mind a MotorStorm key chain or something.

+ Thrasher20 on August 11th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Cool

+ Francuzzz1010 on August 11th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

sounds good
what about price?

+ TwiztedR3DHead on August 11th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

This game better be good, but i think it’ll do fine the graphics better be good as hell though!!

+ DONNYxMC on August 11th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

cool.. now put some socom confrontation DLC out sony

+ crowsticky1234 on August 11th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

Are these Pre-Order Bonuses will be a add-on content for the PSP?

+ jipmg on August 11th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

im getting this.. I might not have money for ps3 games lol

+ mafecto on August 11th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

PSPgo here I come

+ katsuo7171 on August 11th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

I think the PSP Go needs to have game listings available in the PS storefront 30 days before the game releases. This gives us the option to pre-order.

+ Kren420 on August 11th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

definatly lmao at “Motrorstorm”

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on August 11th, 2009 at 8:02 pm said:

I’ll pre-order this in the morning if and only if there is some pertinent info on the Socom Update this week…..

+ starBlinky01 on August 11th, 2009 at 8:06 pm said:

really hope there is a demo, because I wont buy this without one. I only buy PSP games when I have played them first. And I dont buy that many and usually wait for them to get down to $20..

haha. but yeah I really do want to try this, I loved PS3 motorstorm 2, beat it too

+ Midgetguy on August 11th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

Maybe they’ll offer the additional content the first week of the games release on the PS Store?

Either way, I’m definately getting this game!

+ Kamahl_rg on August 11th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

cool :)

im probably getting this game

+ megamixer on August 11th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

Looking at the release date and price again, I’m a little worried for this games success. Its releasing just days before Gran Turismo PSP at $40…

@David Bull
Glad to hear it! :)

+ Sakimori_X on August 11th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

Thanks for the additional info re: PSN ”pre-orders”, David!

+ whatisdelicious on August 11th, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

Will the PS2 version have this car automatically? Also, is the PS2 version going to be distributed over PSN? I’d love a downloadable Motorstorm for my PS3.

+ Netweb on August 12th, 2009 at 12:21 am said:

Nice :D
This Xmas.. i will spend my money on games xD

I can i desactivate a account of a console with YLOD?

+ onlineatron on August 12th, 2009 at 1:32 am said:

Thanks for the response. A lot of posters on the blog tend to ignore the hard asked questions, so I for one really appreciate the response! =D

I feel as if Sony need to release more of a plan with the PSP-GO. There are A LOT of un-answered questions that will hopefully be addressed at GamesCom.

+ EmperorKorea on August 12th, 2009 at 3:38 am said:

will this game be stupid hard like the previous two?

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on August 12th, 2009 at 4:40 am said:

i got more trophies then all yall YEAH!!!! PERFECT-SHOOTER

+ footballrule on August 12th, 2009 at 4:48 am said:

Awesome! I’ll get this day one of the release sure =D

+ jipmg on August 12th, 2009 at 5:26 am said:

You guys really need to release a PLAYSTATION 2 section on the PSN store.. and sell PS2 games

PAGE 1 2