Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 11

Aug 11

MotorStorm Arctic Edge Pre-order Bonus

Scott McCarthy's Avatar Posted by Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA

This just in for MotorStorm and driving fans. SCEA will be giving an exclusive vehicle to fans who pre-order MotrorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo. The game hits shelves and the PSN Store on Sept 29th but fans who pre-order now will receive a Mirage Rapide rally car. That may not seem like a big deal to gamers who are not rally fans, so here are a few details:

• Comes with two customizable skins
  • Gearing is set for top speed
  • Handling is set at maximum drifting

This means the Mirage Rapide is made specifically to combat the tight cliff face turnabouts and the bobsled corners of MotorStorm Arctic Edge. Being set in Alaska make the environment more unstable than ever but the Mirage Rapide has been tweaked for drifting racers to handle all the new challenges that come with the snowy and icy courses.

Go to any participating retailer to pre-order the game to get your exclusive drift rally car.

MotorStorm Artic Edge PSP

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

SilentW23 said:

August 11th, 2:23 pm

Day one buy

MeltTech said:

August 11th, 2:24 pm

We need preorder abilities on the PS Store.

I also need a PS3 that won’t FAIL when I try to download stuff in the PS Store. 2 minutes after powering up my 2.5yr old PS3 60gb, it fails in less than 5 minutes.

THANKS $600 p.o.s.

megamixer said:

August 11th, 2:27 pm

As with Gran Turismo PSP, will those of us who want the PSN version be able to obtain this pre-order bonus? And what of the PS2 version of the game, will this vehicle be omitted from it?

Scott McCarthy's Avatar

David Bull said:

August 11th, 6:02 pm

Just spoke with the Product Manager and he will make the pre-order download available for all consumers who purchase the game from the PSN within the first 30 days from launch.

More to come, but SCEA is committed to supporting PSN consumers.

joseph2411 said:

August 11th, 2:28 pm

Again the same question raises. How can i pre order on PSN if I want it for PSP Go?

ADR143 said:

August 11th, 2:38 pm

true people who will have PSP go wont have pre-ordered bonuses.

they should have one online if possible

addyjones1234 said:

August 11th, 2:45 pm

yeah, was wandering about us(to-be) psp go owners and how do we get the preorder bonus.

NITROWOLF_2 said:

August 11th, 2:45 pm

Guys its not that hard for psp Go, im sure and hope sony does some sort of voucher that you can buy at stores, plus if you pre-order those voucher you would get the bonus. hopefully this or something like this is planed.

poweredbyzen said:

August 11th, 2:46 pm

fanboys like myself live on bonuses – you can’t take ’em away! also, what about the trophies?! i love hearing that ‘ding’ when i get a trophy on the ps3; would love to see that function on the psp go.

NEJI64 said:

August 11th, 2:56 pm

i’m guessing it would go like pre-ordering games online. you pre buy the game and then the code will be e-mail to you. at the same time the game will become available via PSN.

Tyrsis said:

August 11th, 2:58 pm

Scott, you might want to clarify how pre-orders work with PSPGo DLC titles… because I (and probably others) have no clue.

megamixer said:

August 11th, 3:04 pm

Whys everyone mentioning only the PSPGo? Us regular PSP users are able to download and play these games just fine! :)

By the way, Amazon lists the PSP versions price at $40 which is a real buzz killer. I’m used to PSP rpgs costing that much, but most everything else has been down in the $30 range. I think if there is no PSN pre-order solution I might just pick up the cheaper PS2 version of this game instead.

Link01 said:

August 11th, 3:14 pm

Are you trying to not promote buying the game via PSN????? You should include the bonuses on the downloadable version too.

zombie_56 said:

August 11th, 3:17 pm

is evolution studios developing this? if yes ill buy

onlineatron said:

August 11th, 3:24 pm

Your really not making a good argument for the PSP-GO by teasing these awesome box arts and exclusive UMD pre-order bonuses.

Radant128 said:

August 11th, 3:27 pm

Evolution is not behind this title, however I’ve heard some good things about it in preview. I’m looking very much forward to this game, may be buying on both PSP and PS2.

My question is this… Are those of us without local GameStops, Best Buys, etc. out of luck? There’s a GameStop near my house, but I live on campus 8 months a year and there aren’t any of those stores nearby, aside from Wal-Mart (can you pre-order at Wal-Mart?)

NEJI64 said:

August 11th, 3:27 pm

i’m guessing it would go like pre-ordering games online. you pre buy the game and then the code will be e-mail to you. at release date the game will become available via PSN.

mosespippy said:

August 11th, 3:27 pm

@8, the game has no trophies because it isn’t a PS3 game.

I wouldn’t use the bonus car. Maximum drift is bad in a game like motorstorm. It opens up your side for someone to wreck you easily. Even the smaller stuff can take out the rally car when its drifting.

Tr3p1dat10n said:

August 11th, 3:43 pm

They already announced that there won’t be any trophies for the PSP because it’s been hacked, it would be possible for people to fake trophies.

onlineatron said:

August 11th, 3:51 pm

Hold on.. i’m confused.

‘pre-order MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo’

How can you pre-order it for the PSP-GO!??

‘The game hits shelves and the PSN Store on Sept 29th but fans who pre-order now will receive a Mirage Rapide rally car’

Can PSN users pre-order?

Scott McCarthy's Avatar

David Bull said:

August 11th, 6:03 pm

Check out my response to #3.

BlooodyCow said:

August 11th, 3:54 pm

what happen to the good old days when you simply just enter a cheat code and unlock all those cool skins and car?
Now we have to pre-order in order to get access to these goodies. I say down with pre-order bonuses.

Kioni said:

August 11th, 4:08 pm

Fix the typo in the first paragraph. “pre-order MotrorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP and PSPgo”

Jon_Mclane said:

August 11th, 4:22 pm

@20 at least their not charging you for cheat codes or unlockables on the disk like some other companies

Gorvi said:

August 11th, 4:22 pm

I really want this game, this just might push me over the edge into preordering…… I guess that was the intent, huh? :)

BlooodyCow said:

August 11th, 4:23 pm

@22 Jon_Mclane
I am looking at you Capcom…Street Fighter 4 and RE5.

gus_xl said:

August 11th, 4:28 pm

I know this has been said already, but speaking as a future PSP Go owner, I’d like to see these things for PSN buyers.

Maybe something like, if you download it in the first three days.

Bionicle123 said:

August 11th, 4:32 pm

I like my psp ill like it even more with this game im my collection of psp software it seems that the psp ias getting more recognition than b4 i like that because the psp some sort used to live in the shadow of the psp but all is good i cant wait until grandturismo psp comes out ^^

Bionicle123 said:

August 11th, 4:33 pm

i mean ps3 XD

MrBeatdown said:

August 11th, 4:35 pm

I hate pre-order bonuses like this. I’ve always prefered something real. I wouldn’t mind a MotorStorm key chain or something.

Thrasher20 said:

August 11th, 4:35 pm

Cool

Francuzzz1010 said:

August 11th, 4:42 pm

sounds good
what about price?

TwiztedR3DHead said:

August 11th, 4:46 pm

This game better be good, but i think it’ll do fine the graphics better be good as hell though!!

DONNYxMC said:

August 11th, 4:57 pm

cool.. now put some socom confrontation DLC out sony

crowsticky1234 said:

August 11th, 5:01 pm

Are these Pre-Order Bonuses will be a add-on content for the PSP?

jipmg said:

August 11th, 5:20 pm

im getting this.. I might not have money for ps3 games lol

mafecto said:

August 11th, 6:51 pm

PSPgo here I come

katsuo7171 said:

August 11th, 6:51 pm

I think the PSP Go needs to have game listings available in the PS storefront 30 days before the game releases. This gives us the option to pre-order.

Kren420 said:

August 11th, 7:12 pm

definatly lmao at “Motrorstorm”

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

August 11th, 8:02 pm

I’ll pre-order this in the morning if and only if there is some pertinent info on the Socom Update this week…..

starBlinky01 said:

August 11th, 8:06 pm

really hope there is a demo, because I wont buy this without one. I only buy PSP games when I have played them first. And I dont buy that many and usually wait for them to get down to $20..

haha. but yeah I really do want to try this, I loved PS3 motorstorm 2, beat it too

Midgetguy said:

August 11th, 8:35 pm

Maybe they’ll offer the additional content the first week of the games release on the PS Store?

Either way, I’m definately getting this game!

Kamahl_rg said:

August 11th, 8:51 pm

cool :)

im probably getting this game

megamixer said:

August 11th, 9:04 pm

Looking at the release date and price again, I’m a little worried for this games success. Its releasing just days before Gran Turismo PSP at $40…

@David Bull
Glad to hear it! :)

Sakimori_X said:

August 11th, 10:12 pm

Thanks for the additional info re: PSN ”pre-orders”, David!

whatisdelicious said:

August 11th, 10:38 pm

Will the PS2 version have this car automatically? Also, is the PS2 version going to be distributed over PSN? I’d love a downloadable Motorstorm for my PS3.

Netweb said:

August 12th, 12:21 am

Nice :D
This Xmas.. i will spend my money on games xD

I can i desactivate a account of a console with YLOD?

onlineatron said:

August 12th, 1:32 am

Thanks for the response. A lot of posters on the blog tend to ignore the hard asked questions, so I for one really appreciate the response! =D

I feel as if Sony need to release more of a plan with the PSP-GO. There are A LOT of un-answered questions that will hopefully be addressed at GamesCom.

EmperorKorea said:

August 12th, 3:38 am

will this game be stupid hard like the previous two?

PERFECT-SHOOTER said:

August 12th, 4:40 am

i got more trophies then all yall YEAH!!!! PERFECT-SHOOTER

footballrule said:

August 12th, 4:48 am

Awesome! I’ll get this day one of the release sure =D

jipmg said:

August 12th, 5:26 am

You guys really need to release a PLAYSTATION 2 section on the PSN store.. and sell PS2 games

PAGE 1 2