PS4 - Transistor

Batcave Outpost Apartment, MotorStorm Event Space, and Tons More Coming to PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Aug 12, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Calling all citizens of PlayStation Home!

It’s that time again – and by “that time” I mean “the time where I put the proverbial pen to paper and let you all know what’s coming up next in the rapidly-growing world of PlayStation Home.” I think you’ll be glad to see that – whether you come into Home to game launch with your friends, unlock rewards from your favorite games, or check out free music and video content and socialize – there’s a lil somethin’ somethin’ going on in-world this week that you can get down with.

We know that you Home-dwellers just love your rewards, so we’ve worked with the fine folk over at Eidos to ensure that their next release integrates tightly with our platform. Those of you who scoop up the highly-anticipated Batman: Arkham Asylum for your PLAYSTATION 3s next week will be pleased to see that the game unlocks a special Batcave Outpost personal space. It’s safe to say that hardcore Batman fans are going to seriously spazz out when they unlock Bruce Wayne’s secondary lair under Arkham, so if you count yourself a disciple of the Dark Knight, you’d better rush to get your hands on this title when it is released on August 25th.

Batcave SCREENSHOT 1

Hardcore gamers have yet another reason to enter into the PlayStation Home fold as we will be launching a new game-themed event space specifically to host our MotorStorm: Pacific Rift game launching parties, set to occur every Monday night between 6pm and 10pm PT. This space, which marks the first ever “Globe of Death” to publish in Home, will showcase some rad MotorStorm footage and will serve as a hub for all of you racing fanatics in the Home community to meet and launch into games of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. This event space will only be up for a limited time (though we do have some more surprises for fans of the franchise scheduled to release in the not-so-distant future, including a bunch of awesome MotorStorm clothes, so stay tuned to this here blog thingy for more news).

PlayStation Home MotorStorm Sphere

Many core areas of Home will see content updates this week, with new tunes being loaded into the Listen@Home kiosk, new clothes and furniture appearing in the Mall (including animated furniture – this stuff has to be seen to be believed!), and some new videos screening in the Theater. One of these videos, scheduled to go live on Sunday the 16th, is part of the ongoing Criss Angel: Mindfreak event. Much like the Criss Angel: Mindfreak video currently screening in our new 10-Screen Theater, this clip will reward those that dare enter with another exclusive virtual item – this time, a Criss Angel custom coffin table. But you’ll have to come in between the 16th and the 19th if you want this limited item. Those of you who check out this clip will also entered into a giveaway for 1 of 2 Criss Angel: Mindfreak Coffins and 1 of 3 Criss Angel: Burn DVD’s and Book sets (5 winners total).

Home Criss Angel

As a demonstration of the ever-evolving nature of PlayStation Home, there are a few updates scheduled for the EA SPORTS Complex and the Burn Zombie Burn game space. You’ll also see some significant additions to Central Plaza in coming weeks, but you’ll have to keep your eyes on this blog for all the details as they are released. In the meantime, head over to the Listen@Home kiosk and check out our updated events calendar. You’ll see that there is a regularly-occurring event scheduled for every night of every week. Whether it’s a game launching event for Street Fighter IV – or any of the other titles that launch in Home – or an official PlayStation Home forums party (like the one set to go down on Thursday night), there’s truly something for every gamer in-world. And if you want to throw your own event or attend one of the many awesome gatherings our die-hard community members regularly throw, just check out the Clubs and Events sub-forum on www.us.playstation.com.

122 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kchow23 on August 12th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Could I get a free Batmobile if I go to the PS Home theater to watch the Dark Knight? :) wishful thinking

+ DonnyG on August 12th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Cool Batman space

+ BabeBro on August 12th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

OMG, this update is great! Keep it coming and thanks for keeping PlayStation HOME fresh! See you around Locust! :)

+ Luillin on August 12th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

WoW! I’m amazed on the content of Home… and it’s grwing and growing even more every week or two ^^! Keep the good job!!!!!!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 12th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Great keep it up!

+ Ruffday on August 12th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Oh Snap, I was already gonna get the Colllectors Edition, now we get a Batcave on Home SwEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEt! That’s what the hell I’m talkin about

+ Sky_Team on August 12th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Nice Update,question thou~
Will the batcave be there for a limited time?

~asoccer

+ LokeSTL on August 12th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

I guess it’s just me, but developing for Home seems like a huge waste of time. Can’t the same thing be done with an online site? Why aren’t these people working on a game? Maybe I just don’t get it….

+ MrCaine on August 12th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

wow… i wasnt too impressed with the gameplay of Arhman Asylum… Granted it LOOKS great. I might pick it up for the exclusive Home space though. Is there a time limit on when that offer ends?

+ remanutd5 on August 12th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

well another reason for me to visit playstation home …Motorstorm home space !!!!!! i’ll be there for sure

+ Sky_Team on August 12th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Change my last comment: turns out we need the game….lol. Oh well. I hope its just a pop in the game and get the space!

+ Jim777 on August 12th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Awesome L_S very cool update

+ Aggie_CEO on August 12th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Sweet Jesus!!!!

Good Stuff!!!!

+ remanutd5 on August 12th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

at LokeSTL i dont know man but i think playstation home is growing pretty fast and its helping games to sell since sony doesnt do that much marketing lol for example i know 3 people who just bought BUZZ Quiz TV for the ps3 just because they liked the BUZZ home game space and now they love the game ..pretty fun casual game i must say

+ NARDE15 on August 12th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Well Put Locust, Did Cyd help you with that hehe!

+ Rammykun on August 12th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

I like whats out so far, but when will the G.I. Joe items hit Home here in the U.S.? the U.K. still got them, how about us?

+ Aggie_CEO on August 12th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

And please please PLEASE answer this Question.

With all the talk of Guitar Hero 5 Supporting Avatars for the other 2 consoles, When can we expect to see this feature added into games on PS3? I think “Wheel of Fortune”, “Buzz!” “Singstar”, etc would be good games to start off with since they are first party. If this is not coming PLEASE just let us know something either way!!! Thanks

+ Neil on August 12th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Nice updates.

+ jBat17 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

yeah, lunatics unite!

+ CRUNKRIS on August 12th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Hey, save some news to spoil us with at the forum party :p

+ BlooodyCow on August 12th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Would we ever be able to stream contents from your HDD in our Home Space. And will HOME ever move out of the beta stage?

+ footballrule on August 12th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Thats AWESOME!!! Another GREAT thursday! I LOVE THURSDAYS!!! Thanks you Locust! =D

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

how long do we have to get the batcave, because sometimes amazon takes a few days before they send stuff out to ship.

+ Darth-Krayt on August 12th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

VERY nice update. Home just keeps getting better and better. I really do love the service and show my support as much as I can by buying stuff. I can’t afford alot, but I hope what I can spend helps.

I’m SO excited for the Motorstorm space and events. Pacific Rift is my favorite PS3 game, and my personal favorite racing game of all time now, high praise indeed from a racing fan like me, and one who olny liked sim-racers. I’m happy I’ll finally be able to play with you guys in one of these Home events, since I don’t really play any of the other games for which u have events. I hope you guys have been practicing, lol.

Also this space will hopefully be great for finding people to game launch Motorstorm with at all, because I use home regularly and I’ve never seen anyone beside me trying to launch a game of Motorstorm. I pray the events have a good turn-out, and I’m not the only guy who shows up, lol.

+ VladDracul1431 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Are we getting free GI Joe stuff soon?
I heard the EU Home space got some free outfits.

+ gooch-getta on August 12th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Home sucks….

all these spaces dont have crap in them you walk around and get a free t shirt. woo hoo!

+ thevampirejake on August 12th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

sweet!! I pre ordered batman from gamestop to get the scarecrow challenge map… and i get a batcave?!? sweet!!!! thnx for home and keep up the work!! To the batcave!!!

+ TailsTheCat on August 12th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Wow. Home is pathetic. Still doesnt do what it was originally supposed to do. Sony needs to get their priorities straight.

+ NeoGuardian86 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

cool. can’t wait to see it.

I pre-ordered Batman Arkham quie a while a go, but i won’t be able to pick it up the first week (i have a friend picking it up – just things in life changed so i won’t be able to be around to do the pick up).

Will i still be able to get the Batman Outpost? or am i incorrect and it’s actually not a free item?

just a little concerned is all. still looking forward to it, and i love the continued evolution of Home.

P.S.
Always wondered why their hasen’t been a Metal Gear Solid Space. we got (Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Online, and we have Metal Gear Peace Walker AND Metal Gear Rising coming)

+ TheGuardianFID on August 12th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Batcave WOOHOO, and Motor Storm, sweet!!! :D

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

NICE!! :)

+ footballrule on August 12th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

So unlocking the Batcave will be just like the InFamous demo to were you had to just start it up and go on Home? Thats pretty cool :)

+ poweredbyzen on August 12th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

it’s good to be a fanboy! hope to see metal gear content in Home as it approaches several title releases. keep it up!

+ footballrule on August 12th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

I hope the Motorstorm outfit isn’t too much, lately the prices in Home have been raising…

+ KwietStorm on August 12th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

So the new nDreams and Pain spaces are not coming this week?

+ dinkin-flicka on August 12th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

@29 Since MGS games are third party, I think it has to do more with Konami’s willingness to create a Home space for MGS. Although, it may just be that it’s not atop their priorities right now. Eidos is doing a great thing in adding their Home space. It just increases the likelihood of more people buying Arkham Asylum. I for one, already have it on pre-order. Thanks Eidos!

+ CloudStorm87 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Can we please get some Batman:AA avatars for the PSN?

Also, will there be any Batman:AA costumes for PS Home?

+ zombie_56 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

finaly a place where we stormers can meet! good job home team!

+ ZAANOS on August 12th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

OMG LOL and I submitted this as a Licensed Home Space request in the August Home Feature request thread yesterday. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Now… give us our premium Batman and Joker outfits.

+ gus_xl on August 12th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

I went to the Street Fighter 4 launch event last Saturday and it was a great time. I met a lot of great people and we had some good matches. But, Home_SF4Night wasn’t there ( the PSN guy that usually runs it ) and I’ve heard that he hasn’t been on lately. Is he going to make a come back sometime soon?

+ ghamdikh1 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Good Stuff

+ MadBow on August 12th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Looks very promising. Thanks!!

+ StalkingSilence on August 12th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Now that’s a cool Home tie-in!

+ X-CageRage-X on August 12th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

I want Batman AA more than ever now.

+ Lt_Skittles on August 12th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

“Those of you who scoop up the highly-anticipated Batman: Arkham Asylum for your PLAYSTATION 3s next week”

What do you mean next week it comes out on August 25th.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 12th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

hey i was gonna ask is there going to be any updates about the gi joe space…i would really like to hook my avatar up wit that Snake Eyes outfit..:p as for all the home developers and those that are supporting it..THANKS AND KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!..ooh yeah ONE MORE THING…PLEASE ADD IN-GAME/HOME music!!!..and/or MULTIPLE CHAT…because ive made many NEW HOME GIRL friends thanks to HOME ;) and it sucks how i can only chat with ONE..so PLEASE ..LET US KNOW IF AND WHEN YOU GUYS WILL BE WORKING ON THIS..THANKS AGAIN! :)

+ thepatriots on August 12th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Wow I have to say Home support is really ratcheting up. At first I was skeptical but now, wow, I am speechless. There is so much to do. I am sure this is going to catch on to more devs. Crosses fingers for PD!

+ poodude on August 12th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

Good job on the updates guys, Home has really come a long way since December.

+ Enforcer_X on August 12th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

I think this story was posted a week to early.

Anyway, can’t wait for the Bat Cave!

+ LokeSTL on August 12th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

@remanutd5

I think a demo would have served the same purpose. I just don’t see the entertainment value of Home, and why it has a place on a gaming console. I have taken part in it four times since it was launched, and still don’t see the point.

1) I can watch trailers at numerous outlets online, so the movie theatre is pointless.

2) I can bowl with people online with the PSN game, so why would I go to the bowling alley?

3) I can communicate/meet people online through numerous outlets online, so why would I start up my PS3 and lock up a TV to chat?

4) What is the point of having a virtual apartment? Furthermore, what is the point in buying online content for it?

Basically, what does Home have that I can’t get more of anywhere else online? It just seems to me that the guys working on this are re-inventing the wheel and could be working on something more useful. Things like a new IP, PS2 BC, dev outreach, etc….

PAGE 1 2 3