PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Smash Cars Coming to PSN August 20th!

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Aug 13, 2009 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

We’ve been teasing you about this for a while now. But we’re good at it, and we can’t help ourselves. Now you can relax… the teasing is finally over.

The response from the Game Developers Conference in March was great. The E3 reactions were even greater. And, finally, coming to PlayStation Network on August 20th, it’s SMASH CARS from TikGames / Creat Studios!

So, just what is Smash Cars? Why, it’s is our tricked-out single or multiplayer online RC toy car racing game. With real-time physics simulation and vehicle customization, players can twist and turn, grind and gear up, perform aerial tricks and stunts while racking up points as they knock friends off the track and race to the finish.

Everyone can download all the high-end action and six-player online multiplayer competition starting Thursday, August 20th for $14.99. TikGames and Creat Studios are very excited about this launch, ‘cause we know you will have a blast playing Smash Cars.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. A great action racing game at a great price might be cool, but… what about trophies? What about downloadable extras? What about a contest to win a convertible sports car? Here’s the deal:

• Trophies, trophies and more trophies. Rack ‘em up and brag to your friends.
  • Downloadable content is being discussed. Stay tuned to this here space.
  • Oh, please! We’re not giving you a car. We’ve already worked hard on a great game… sheesh!

Thanks so much to our fans for your support. We really appreciate all the kind words and helpful suggestions. Please share your thoughts about Smash Cars. We just know you’re gonna love it.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Enforcer_X on August 13th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

This looks like a blast!
Can’t wait!
Thanks for the update!

+ VincentVendetta on August 13th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Uh… I don’t know. Maybe when the demo comes out I’ll look into it.

+ TRIX_BOL on August 13th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

For a second I thought this game baished away. Because we didn’t hear or read anything about it since a long time ago.

Thanks for letting us know the release date. You guys make awesome PSN titles as well, it’s a pleasure to have them.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

@TRIX_BOL Thanks for the kind words. Our folks have been working hard for a while, annd we’re looking forward to everyone enjoying it!

+ TRIX_BOL on August 13th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

I meant to say; banished away.

+ PatriotEyez27 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Looks fun !

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

@PatriotEyez27 It is fun!

+ thestr1ker on August 13th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Is there a demo coming out? When?

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

@thestr1ker Demo is a possibility. It’s in discusison now. Stay tuned.

+ CelicaCrazed on August 13th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

It reminds me of Excite Truck for the Wii. But that’s a good thing, I loved that game!!

+ RyanMullins15 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

haha rc toy racing… :) that sounds cool!

+ ZAANOS on August 13th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

The game looks awesome but please! please! PLEASE! Support a Replay feature! I was devastated that Motorstorm didn’t have a replay feature because there were some awesome races I wish I could go back and show people.

+ Microshock on August 13th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

In-game music? Youtube support?

Youtube support just seems like a no brainer cause it’s free publicity to you guys

I think i’ll pick this up!

+ freakyzeeky on August 13th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

“Trophies, trophies and more trophies. Rack ‘em up and brag to your friends.”

Hahaha, will do! :D

+ Xoonaka on August 13th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

This game looks pretty awesome! I gotta say though, when it comes to DLC, think about licensing or “being inspired by” some of the great real RC cars out there, like the Ricochet from way back when. It could drive on either side!! Or I had this other one that had an arm underneath that would make the car jump….

Anyway, I love the concept. I admit I thought it was a little cheesy at first… but then I saw you running over the toes of a lady and driving underneath a moving van. That sold it for me!

+ Crotin on August 13th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Kinda reminds me of Super Battle Rocket Cars if it were a racer, it could be fun :)

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

@freakyzeeky Isn’t the what Trohpies are for? And with six-player mulitplayer, you can brag to them while you push them into the drink off the boardwalk!

+ philsebben on August 13th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

meh

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

@Xoonha You can do more than just run over her toes. If you’re not careful, she might pick up your car and throw it. Now, if you can bump your buddy’s car into her… even better!

+ Ckff71up on August 13th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

I want this game =]

+ TRIX_BOL on August 13th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Hey, I even liked the fact we can manage to do any flip we want. :)

It was a great idea for both Studios to team up and create this title together, this game is magnific!

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

@Ckff71up You can have this game! But, the real question is… can you hold out for a week until then? I know it’s hard, but I believe in you!

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

@TRIX_BOL You, too, are magnific! Imagine how much more magnific you will be once you start playing.

+ TakiFuGu on August 13th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

$14.99 is becoming the normal price on PSN. LOL
The game looks fun but I’m not willing to pay that much for it. To be honest I find it extremely difficult to pay more then $9.99 for any PSN titles. Even if I really wanted the game.

+ adolson on August 13th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Racing wheel support?

What about a traditional RC car control system (left analog stick to move fwd/rev, right to turn left/right)?

+ DTXSFC on August 13th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Will there be a platinum trophy?

+ SirTrigalot on August 13th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

looks like that remote control race game on the PC that came out about 9 yrs ago. looks fun.

+ gundamman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

OMFG , i don’t know how old everyone is but this game reminds of a game WAY BACK WHEN one the ps1 called like Rc cars or somethin, that one and rc helicopter was AWSOME, i wana get this but i need more money, maybe i should pimp my self out, lol. thanks for the updated =D

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

@adolson While we played around with all kinds of control systems, we set out to make a very accessible game to everyone. The controls are standard, but the fun is well above par!

+ MUGEN02 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

$15 HA! and no demo on launch.

+ Zookey on August 13th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

Looks very fun–like a more fleshed out version of Wii’s Excite Truck at a much lower price point and played with a controller I like—nothing to lose!

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

@gundamman I can’t tell you what you should do to get paid, but I assure you that Smash Cars is well worth your $14.99, no matter how you earn it.

+ Ckff71up on August 13th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

Oh i can handle waiting lol

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

@Zookey That’s right… NOTHING to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain. Well, if you want to gain lots and lots of fun.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

@DTXSFC Not sure about the specific trophies. :-( There well may be. I’m just not good enough at it yet to have earned that many.

+ DTXSFC on August 13th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

I’m sorry but this game looks like a small version of Motorstorm which is not bad considering I like Motorstorm. I guess if you can’t afford Motorstorm this should be in your budget.

+ chrisa3211 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Will this be available to all regions?

+ TRIX_BOL on August 13th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Scott, you’re an awesome person. Thank you for your responses.

I have to admit it, when Smash Cars was annaunced and we got to see some pictures, I thought it wasn’t that great at all. But after watching the trailer and from your perspective enthusiasm, it seems like it will be hard to let the controller down. :D

+ betahoven on August 13th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Any news on the Euro release?

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

@chris3211 Eventually, yes.

+ Cruizer8 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

I want to buy this game, but my only question is about the multiplayer. Is it online only or will there be local split-screen too?

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

@TRIX_BOL I’m only awesome because you MAKE me awesome. So glad that you’re excited about the game. It’s a lot of fun.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

@betahoven soon… stay tuned

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Why do PSBlog videos never play for me :( they just flash white.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

@Cruizer8 Multi-player is only online. It was a very tough call for us, but we wanted to deliver a game at a good value, and that was one way to do it. With 6-player matches, you’ll barely have time to catch your breath.

+ DANO69 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Now this look’s like a cool PSN game. Something possibly worthy for “all” to download, even us “ADULTS”.

+ Godlovesugly05 on August 13th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

WATERMELON EVERYWHERE!

Custom soundtrack would be nice if it’s going?
Been looking forward to this game.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

@Jack-Bauer-89 That sounds like a browser issue to me. You might need to install Flash. I hope you get it working, because the video might be the greatest thing you’ll ever see in your lifetime. (Or, at least, it’s just cool!)

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

@Godlovesugly05 This game has been looking forward to being played by you, and to destroying every virtual watermelon it encounters.

+ Scott Hyman on August 13th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

@DANO69 Yes, it’s a great game for us grown-ups. That said, my three-year-old can’t get enough of watching it. Something for everyone!

PAGE 1 2 3 5