PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

MAG Arrives on January 26, 2010 – Jump into the Shadow War at PAX Seattle Blog Meet-Up

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Aug 14, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news to find out when you can finally become one of the 256 operatives in a MAG battle…you’re in luck. The team at Zipper and SCEA are happy to announce that MAG will hit North American retailers on January 26th, 2010.

We also know that many of you have an itchy trigger finger, so we’re making sure that you have plenty of opportunities to experience the battle before launch. Many of you were fortunate to have some time with MAG at E3. Now the Shadow War continues at PAX; Join Zipper, SCEA, Jeff, Chris and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a MAG-centric community event in downtown Seattle. The event is scheduled for Friday, September 4th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM PDT. 200 lucky PS.Blog readers are invited to attend the 256-person function and get hands-on with a new MAG map. Members from the MAG team at Zipper will be on hand to take your feedback and answer your questions. SCEA will also be showing off the new PSPgo and a few upcoming PSP titles.

All you need to do is be one of the first to RSVP below and choose which private army you plan to join. By now, you’ve read and heard some of the information on the three PMCs in MAG—Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R.—and it’s time for you to start choosing your allegiance. Be prepared to stand up for your private army.

And if you can’t make it to PAX, we’ll be doing something special for a select group of PS.Blog readers, so stay tuned for more details. We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.

Battle lines are being drawn in the Shadow War and no mercy will be shown after January 26th, 2010. For those of you who were unable to attend E3, here’s the first Web release of the MAG E3 trailer. We’ll have new assets coming very soon.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ neorudemovement on August 14th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

this game looks great, cant wait for the return of zipper!

+ neorudemovement on August 14th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

also wish my city didnt have a power outage the this week during beta sign ups :(

+ TwinDad on August 14th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

So when is the Blog PAX meetup?

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 14th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

*This* is the Blog PAX meetup :-)

+ RynoIV on August 14th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

I was hoping for a 2009 release

+ RynoIV on August 14th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

…I’m so pathetic. I just realized that the Playstation logo is a “PS”

+ mafecto on August 14th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

awesome!

+ H3llMafia on August 14th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Cool can’t wait for details on the beta. Hopefully I get in :D!

+ B1gg_Randall on August 14th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

NOOOO!!!! MAG pushed back..I hope I can get in the beta to hold me off till then….

+ BlooodyCow on August 14th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Can I have a beta code please?
I will not be able to make it to PAX because I live in NYC

+ Jim777 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Wish i could make it :(

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 14th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

So eager for that beta.

+ raptor210232 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

I hate SCEA

+ OmegaOrtega on August 14th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Yay!! Jan 26th is my birthday lol.

+ FragJamsey on August 14th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

I cannot WAIT for this game! I’m so jacked. Zipper has never failed me, I’m a Socom femme phenom from back during the Socom 3 days!

Zipper, I love you!!!

+ redtailman on August 14th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

hope to get an invite to the beta

+ ZAANOS on August 14th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

I a m ready to be one of you guys. January you say! That’s awesome! I didn’t think I’d see the game until late 2010. I’m expecting a full standard retail price tag of $60+tax am I correct? Also will you guys have a Collector’s edition. Would like to see exclusive gear or weapons.

Also noticed that the online Trophies are up bit a bit laggy can’t access some features.

+ Aggie_CEO on August 14th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I hope I get a Beta invite to the invite as well….lol

Cant wait for this to drop though….

+ MattyF on August 14th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Any information about the beta?

+ NEJI64 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

do all three factions on the same map at once

+ almighty-slayer on August 14th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Release date fail.

Wont have any money left after xmas for this.

+ xX-PEIN-Xx on August 14th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Wow I can’t wait…I wish you guys could come to NYC and show off MAG, I would totally be there if you did ;-)

+ joseph2411 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Good news, I hope i get an invite to the beta.

+ TwinDad on August 14th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

I should clarify my question. Is the meet-up this MAG community event? I don’t like FPS games, but would totally love to go and watch. Will there be an opportunity for Blog folks to go and not play MAG?

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 14th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

Yes, if you come, you don\’t (necessarily) have to play. But you should!

+ S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT on August 14th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Well, I’ll just get my copy from Europe. If it’s been delayed there, as well, then I can wait.

Delays are good, but it’s disappointing to see my most anticipated game being delayed. Oh well, I trust Sony.

+ GGCAN on August 14th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

So many blog sites mentioning betas are going out now via email.

Would be nice if the people subscribing to Qore got into the beta.

Game looks very promising.

+ darkwing75 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

Finally a date!!!!

+ Elsa on August 14th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

It’s nice to see that this will be at PAX! I’m not going this year, but have every intention of attending next year.

+ IllinoisNukee on August 14th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Hell yeah! I’ll be setting aside my $60 right now. Wish I had gotten a beta invite but I didn’t even though I opted in for all the e-mails Sony could possibly send my way. Hopefully I’ll get one though!

+ Hellman on August 14th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

You all need to have a pre-order and receive a beta invite! I really wanna try out this game!

+ Crotin on August 14th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

I hope I get in the beta

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 14th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Can I get a beta invite?

+ Wollan on August 14th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Please release a downloadable version on the PS Store. I want to be able to instantly jump in playing without needing to look for the disc.

+ Haskell420 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Ya know it would be REALLY nice for you, SONY, even Zipper to have a load of events on NY City and also come out here to Long Island… you have been in Philly..some island in NJ ,but was labled NY..

COME ON PEOPLE, ITS LONG ISLAND, ITS NYC..THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, MOST KICK ASS CITY IN THE WOLD. AND REMEMBER SOME DIE HARD GAMERS LIKE MYSELF, CAN’T GET TO SEATTLE.. OR CALI..OR TEXAS.. NY PLEASE

+ Jerry-Boyle on August 14th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Sweet, now we finally know the release date. Looks like some retailers were right for a 2010 release. I’m glad they pushed it back, cause now they have more time to work on it:)

+ SMoKeY_RuN on August 14th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Seth, are you working on MAG in any capacity?

+ xX0mnislasherXx on August 14th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Awesome. At least now we have a firm release date now. Now, I hope I can get into the upcoming beta. :D

+ GasTankKiller on August 14th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

This is great news.

+ ADR143 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

man i hope i get in the beta!

man this game will be sweet! i was expecting for this year release but w8ting extra month wont hurt me.

cant w8 for this!

+ Craazy on August 14th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Got the email for the beta invite possibility thingy……looking forward to it.

Would love to RSVP (in Spokane so I am close…like 300 miles) but I am spending most of my money on a vacation this week

+ rbanke on August 14th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

I’m really looking forrward to MAG. But after being burned by ‘day one’ purchases on:
Warhawk
Socom
Fat Princess

I’ll be sitting this one out until it’s clear the game actually works, I’m not paying to be a beta tester again. Hopefully you guys break this trend.

+ sakukoivu2008 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

How do you get in the MAG beta?

+ RaiderHutch on August 14th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Fall to Spring is going to be a tough time to make a buying decision. Too many great games including MAG to salivate over!

+ Ausohoj on August 14th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

ahh. My Massive Action Game has to wait untill januraury? :( Oh well. I can wait! But how do we get in the beta? do we just have to be lucky? Or somthing else?

+ WrekGar on August 14th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

So love working for an airline. I am in NY and I will be flying to seattle for this meet up. Was at E3 and checked the game out there now I will move up to the PAX convention to see even more of it. SO SWEEEEET!

+ DrMythicSeabass on August 14th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

I am so making the trek to Seattle for this.

+ enormhi on August 14th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

WOW. I’ll go for Raven (I think). How about you Seth?

Will the beta also available in Europe?

+ Hradekal on August 14th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

You guys really should have made this thirdperson. You know this is going to draw way way way too much criticism and comparison between Modern Warfare.

You know, SOCOM (before it was ruined) was praised for it’s originality, inovation, and revolutionary online gameplay.

I hope looks can be deceiving because right now MAG looks anything but original.

Nevertheless, I’m still anticipating it because of my faith in the creators of SOCOM 1 and 2 (before they screwed up with 3), and hopefully you guys will shake this world once again.

+ BigBoss712 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Its nice to finally get a release date, hope to be able to get in the beta.

+ jBat17 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

good call to push it back.. by then, people should have realized that modern warfare 2 is just a rehash of a game released in 2007; even the graphics will be identical..

+ AngelMayLaugh on August 14th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Not sure about this one. Maybe if I had a beta. . .

PAGE 1 2 3 5