Bloodborne

MAG Arrives on January 26, 2010 – Jump into the Shadow War at PAX Seattle Blog Meet-Up

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Aug 14, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news to find out when you can finally become one of the 256 operatives in a MAG battle…you’re in luck. The team at Zipper and SCEA are happy to announce that MAG will hit North American retailers on January 26th, 2010.

We also know that many of you have an itchy trigger finger, so we’re making sure that you have plenty of opportunities to experience the battle before launch. Many of you were fortunate to have some time with MAG at E3. Now the Shadow War continues at PAX; Join Zipper, SCEA, Jeff, Chris and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a MAG-centric community event in downtown Seattle. The event is scheduled for Friday, September 4th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM PDT. 200 lucky PS.Blog readers are invited to attend the 256-person function and get hands-on with a new MAG map. Members from the MAG team at Zipper will be on hand to take your feedback and answer your questions. SCEA will also be showing off the new PSPgo and a few upcoming PSP titles.

All you need to do is be one of the first to RSVP below and choose which private army you plan to join. By now, you’ve read and heard some of the information on the three PMCs in MAG—Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R.—and it’s time for you to start choosing your allegiance. Be prepared to stand up for your private army.

And if you can’t make it to PAX, we’ll be doing something special for a select group of PS.Blog readers, so stay tuned for more details. We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.

Battle lines are being drawn in the Shadow War and no mercy will be shown after January 26th, 2010. For those of you who were unable to attend E3, here’s the first Web release of the MAG E3 trailer. We’ll have new assets coming very soon.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on August 14th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

@ 7 & 9 the first wave of sign up’s have been sent out check your inbox of you master account and i am in it and see you guys Jan 2010 on the battlefeild

+ C-DaBurna-B on August 14th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

There’s a similar game out on PS3 called Socom Confrontation, it was released in an unplayable condition and 10 months later it still doesn’t have all the features listed on the game case.

This is why I will not support MAG because Sony ships unfinished products. I will buy it used off Craigslist and I recommend everyone else to do so as well, no point of giving these developers money when they never listen to the fans that got them where they are in the first place.

Like I said, buy used from Craigslist or Ebay, give people money, not video game companies that make half azz games.

+ CelicaCrazed on August 14th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Yo, where are my S.V.E.R. dawgs at!? I am soooo ready for this game!! :D

+ pacman5 on August 14th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

I figured that this game’s release date would be later than what it was originally supposed to be, but i won’t worry too much because I will buy MW2 then save some money to buy MAG.

+ XgargunoX on August 14th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Awesome!! S.V.E.R. !!! BA

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

i’m going back and forth between raven and sver

+ BadGuy304 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

This is the game that has me interested in playing online. Most multiplayer games, everyone just runs off and does their on thing but with MAG, it seems that you actually need some strategy. This is a day one purchase for me. I just wish it was coming out this year.

Just please oh please, let me get into the beta.

+ BadGuy304 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

I just can’t seem to choose between Raven and S.V.E.R!!

+ acerazer1 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

2010?!?!?!!????? You LIARS!!!!!!!1!!11!!

Haha, jk, I was expecting it to take a while despite the insistance on a Fall 2009 release. No worries, as long as the thing is bug-free (for the most part) when it hits store shelves.

+ Mark_Critelli on August 14th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

MAG will be Best Shooter game i been Zipper fan for since SOCOM:1-3/Ca & i been complaing about thing in SOCOM they need to fix or add & they always lission to the true hardergamers. & they did all that & more in MAG, really huge Maps + 256ppl on 1 map + Vehicles + 1st Person Shooter = AWASOME. cuz 3rd person shooters suck cuz ppl use it to kinda cheat useing the 3rd person camra to look around corns with out showing themself cheap & like cheating in 1st Person shooter u how poke out to look around the corner = realistic.

+ starBlinky01 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

first thing im going to do when I command a squad is send everyone to their death by suicide missions.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on August 14th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

WHEN WILL SCEA COME TO MN, MINNEAPOLIS!!!
jk, i wish though since i don’t want to go out so far.

+ TwinDad on August 14th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Thanks for the answers Jeff. I assume the RSVP is to play and we should not RSVP to attend? I’ll let others play that would actually want to do it more then I would. I’d not be very good, and I’m sure others actually want to play.

+ dreww3 on August 14th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

times like these, make me wish I live in the U.S :( …

+ KingOfNexus on August 14th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

Some EU love would go a long way guys ;)

Hope I get in the beta – I can’t wait to play MAG.

+ EmeraldFlame on August 14th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Just out of curiosity I would like to know if the P90 is a usable gun in this game.

+ VanilaGorila-x- on August 14th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

There’s a SOCOM forum for all you cry babies to use.

Peace,
VG

+ Kchow23 on August 14th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Will you be there Jeff? I’m hopeful that me and my brother will go :)

+ ARMY_HAWK on August 14th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game to come out. S.V.E.R all the way!

+ DONNYxMC on August 14th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

i hope i get in this beta!!!

+ KazeEternal on August 14th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Something to pick up after I get platinum on uncharted 2. I really hope I get in on the beta for those though. My Clan on R2 and KZ2 are pretty excited about this.

+ DNAgent on August 14th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

PS3 still has way too many shooters. PS3 needs more EXCLUSIVE RPGs. Sure, there are a few RPGs coming out that are exclusive (I won’t buy ports from other consoles) but there needs to be a whole lot more than just that.

+ Dtrain12 on August 14th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

are there still oppurtunities to gamn access to the mag beta?

+ Ultra_Keyblade on August 14th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Thats good!
Well I can’t wait to be part of the MAG beta!
I got my e-mail invite! (Now waiting for the code)

+ Appo on August 14th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

Hey Jeff (Or Chris, or someone :P), I got a question. If my family wanted to attend the event, do I order one ticket or three? Thanks for the reply. (If I get one :P)

+ holy-mob on August 14th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Shame the game can’t make the 09 window. But its still not long a wait if its releasing January. But to be honest, I wasn’t really expecting it to come out 09, since we’ve heard little of the game since E3, and nothing of the public beta until now.

+ holy-mob on August 14th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Shame it won’t make the 09 window, But as we’ve heard little of the game since E3, and nothing about the public beta until now, its not suprising. Here’s to January! It just got a lot more exciting!

+ Azira013 on August 14th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

This is not the Shadow War I’m familiar with…

+ KINGofGREED on August 14th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

This is gonna be crazy!!!!

+ Uncle_Boogie on August 14th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this game and hope to get an invite to the Public Beta soon.

+ gooch-getta on August 14th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

ahhh they better have pushed it back for good reason. People think this beta is just a game, un aware of what BETA really means.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on August 14th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

131 there are waves of beta but not publice yet

+ Yellowfrizbee on August 14th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Hmmm..if I didnt live all the way in Florida, id be all over this. Thanks for keeping us updated Jeff. And invite me into that special group of PS.blog readers of yours :P

+ Quamina on August 14th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Trailer looks great can’t wait to play

+ McMadden on August 14th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Yes, I live in the Seattle area and will attend the MAG Battle in SEATTLE!!! Hook a ****** up!

+ TuxBobble on August 14th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

I just wish things like this would come to the EAST coast once in a while–I feel like NY gets jipped a lot in favor of California due to all the game development studios being concentrated over there…

Oh well, I love NY anyway…

+ Rogueagent01 on August 14th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

This is one Beta I am surely interested in. I haven’t been in one since MGS4. It would be interesting to see how this plays, especially before it’s released.

I wish I lived near some of these events, unfortunately they’re never around Cleveland.

+ LILBUDDY2000 on August 14th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

I (along with 1,000,000 other people) would love to get into the BETA :-). There is going to be a huge demand for this game. Every blog about MAG gets a score of 4.6 or better.

+ shadowslicer8 on August 14th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

every ps3 owner i know (including me) is really wanting this game.I’m glad it finally has a release date.

+ strano on August 14th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

I want it now please

+ I_am_rushin on August 14th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

OMG! No lie Jan 26th is my B-day. I was invited to register for the Beta. I hope I get in. *fingers crossed*

+ NAVYSEAL44422226 on August 14th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

Nicee. Man this is going to be a long wait.. haha

+ NAVYSEAL44422226 on August 14th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

How do you get into the beta? Where do you pre order it to get a beta access key (if any)?

+ NAVYSEAL44422226 on August 14th, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

How do you get into the MAG beta? What retailers give access to the beta by a preoder (if any)? Thanks>>

+ DustyBlue on August 14th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

@ RynoIV

Not to make you feel even more pathetic, but that is unbelievably pathetic.

Also, is this a delay? I thought it was coming out this fall.

+ VashioKun on August 14th, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

Nice a week before my birthday. Ima get a friend to buy it for me then rofl

+ ThatNice5 on August 14th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

i downloaded mvc2 but it stopped at 6kb and charged me $16 bucks can someone help me?

+ McMicka on August 14th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Oh my god! Thank you so much… I can’t tell you how grateful I am that MAG is coming out in January.. I’m on a *very* limited budget when it comes to games, so if a few great games come out at relatively the same time, I have to choose between them. Thanks to you guys, I can DEFINITELY get MAG now.

I love you PS.Blog! <3

+ arakouftaian on August 14th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

I see you next year in LA on e3 or a day before 3e, i was there 2 years ago but this year i miss it nexty year i will be there!!!

+ stationED3 on August 14th, 2009 at 10:49 pm said:

pleas pleas tell me that MAG is going to be split-screen on co-op I rely what a game that I can play with