PS4-Infamous

MAG Arrives on January 26, 2010 – Jump into the Shadow War at PAX Seattle Blog Meet-Up

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Aug 14, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news to find out when you can finally become one of the 256 operatives in a MAG battle…you’re in luck. The team at Zipper and SCEA are happy to announce that MAG will hit North American retailers on January 26th, 2010.

We also know that many of you have an itchy trigger finger, so we’re making sure that you have plenty of opportunities to experience the battle before launch. Many of you were fortunate to have some time with MAG at E3. Now the Shadow War continues at PAX; Join Zipper, SCEA, Jeff, Chris and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a MAG-centric community event in downtown Seattle. The event is scheduled for Friday, September 4th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM PDT. 200 lucky PS.Blog readers are invited to attend the 256-person function and get hands-on with a new MAG map. Members from the MAG team at Zipper will be on hand to take your feedback and answer your questions. SCEA will also be showing off the new PSPgo and a few upcoming PSP titles.

All you need to do is be one of the first to RSVP below and choose which private army you plan to join. By now, you’ve read and heard some of the information on the three PMCs in MAG—Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R.—and it’s time for you to start choosing your allegiance. Be prepared to stand up for your private army.

And if you can’t make it to PAX, we’ll be doing something special for a select group of PS.Blog readers, so stay tuned for more details. We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.

Battle lines are being drawn in the Shadow War and no mercy will be shown after January 26th, 2010. For those of you who were unable to attend E3, here’s the first Web release of the MAG E3 trailer. We’ll have new assets coming very soon.

+ CrusherX on August 14th, 2009 at 11:07 pm said:

Jeff, your reply to the guy that said “I hate SCEA” is one fantastic reason NOT to hate you guys. XD

Seriously, you rock. Don’t listen to people like that, we all know you’re awesome. XD

+ Friemgrog on August 14th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

Estimation of Australian release date?

+ extravegant on August 14th, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

before anyone bashes me im in full support of MAG and Sony and their products.

ok soo i don’t know if this is a good move by Sony and Zipper to push the game into the first quarter of 2010, because most people will still be playing MW2 and somwere around the same time another big title in BFBC2 is hitting the stores along with ALL the other titles that were pushed into this very same timeframe.

I guess time will tell if this was a bold move.

+ Headshot4Rent on August 15th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

Please! Send me an invite for the online beta! PLEASE!!!! Not the PAX one, but the PSN one, when it comes out, I will forever be in you debt if you can do this, Mystery blogger person who prbably will never read this or care.

+ muzzar69 on August 15th, 2009 at 2:01 am said:

nnnnnoooooooooooooo another game slipped to next year.
this would have to be the worst year for game delays.
can you confirm 1 thing for me.
uncharted 2 and R&C ACIT and GT5 are coming out this year aren’t they?
im scared to turn my computer on now, every day i search the net theres a new game being delayed.

+ OneSneakyMofo on August 15th, 2009 at 4:22 am said:

I need… THE KEY OF BETA!!!!

*roar*

+ Tielo on August 15th, 2009 at 5:57 am said:

THIS IS GRAND!!!!

+ qwertyuiopasdfgh on August 15th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

Quote:

“We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.”

So it’s a *public* beta?
Everyone with a PS3 and a PSN acount will be able to download it for free?
Would that be for people in Europe too, or just in the US?

+ footballrule on August 15th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

Yes! MAG is the best! I hope to be in the beta so i can help beta test MAG!

+ Darkdragon2 on August 15th, 2009 at 8:51 am said:

Yes good post

+ Malicious_Wolf on August 15th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

I wish I could be there, but I don’t live even close to seattle. Oh well maby I’ll get lucky and get a beta code. Thanks for the official release date though so now I can sleep a bit easier. Keep up the awsome support Zipper.

+ BurnoutBoz on August 15th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Cant Wait! Gonna’ Be Awesome!

+ Viprdude on August 15th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

If my PS3 stops breaking, maybe I will be able to play MAG but I think it will break again before MAG gets released.

+ Shinikai on August 15th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

looks awesome

+ HG_pags198 on August 15th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

cant wait for this game but i hope they can make the graphics a little better by the time it comes out.

+ SerpenteLiberado on August 15th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

I wish I could fly up to Seattle but I’m broke right now. This game looks sick, lucky bastards! Well, have fun and share all the details when you come back, please.

+ NightHawk17 on August 15th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Come to NYC:)

+ jacksraging on August 15th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

This is good news. Thanks for the update and we look forward to hearing more from PAX.

+ Transient on August 15th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

I’m really looking forward to this game. Hopefully I’m picked for the public beta. I did submit my application. :)

+ BeStrongBelieve on August 15th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

I wish I knew when the Beta codes are being sent out lol

+ moony74 on August 15th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

can’t wait

+ Brandon669 on August 15th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Cant wait for this, hope i have a beta to play until it comes out

+ SooperSonic08 on August 15th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Is this the only PS Blog meetup planned for PAX? I’ll be going but all spots have been taken. :(

+ ITZbOIReal on August 15th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

cant wait for this

+ LightiningNoctis on August 15th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Definitely preorder this But i want a beta invite

+ BaBy_Deagle on August 15th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

IT SUCKS THAT IT GOT DELAY, II WAS HOPING FOR A FALL RELEAS.CANT WAIT TO PLAY WITH 256 OTHER PEOPLE.

+ IcEcReAm_KiLleR on August 15th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

i hope to get a beta invite

+ Rafael14 on August 15th, 2009 at 11:55 pm said:

I <3 this game

+ GODSACE on August 16th, 2009 at 3:18 am said:

ahhh, i cant come its sold out! i’m not bragging but i’ve been in like 5 beta’s so could you continue the trend for me! i’ll wash your car!

+ Guvna79 on August 16th, 2009 at 4:04 am said:

SORRY OFF TOPIC BUT…Hey PS3 heads hello to all..Please can anyone help me out here I would like to use a djing/mixing program on my ps3 is A. possible B. Safe and C. can anyone pass on knowledge as to how I can do this Im thinking like VDJ on my ps3 for mixing ma tunes man….thoughts ?????????

+ iCanKillYa on August 16th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Please someone Tell me Seth Luisi has nothing to do with MAG, that guy killed SOCOM he sucks!!! please someone fire him before he destroys another game.

+ bw9 on August 16th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

last year was great, sad I can’t go to PAX & the meet up this year!

+ dill3218 on August 16th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

I live in alaska but i really want to be on the beta this game looks killer

+ FoxtrotXero on August 16th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Interesting, how many waves of beta invites will be given out cause I haven’t recieved any yet, I want to know what my chances are.

+ PapaHotel on August 16th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Awesome! I love any news and updates I can get on MAG. I would love to get the Beta.

+ Uncle_Boogie on August 16th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Hey I’m really looking forward to the Beta starting. I hope I get an invite.

+ Headshot4Rent on August 16th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

Please! Send me an invite for the online beta! PLEASE!!!! Not the PAX one, but the PSN one, when it comes out, I will forever be in you debt if you can do this, Mystery blogger person who probably will never read this.

+ dameondrako on August 17th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

man i want the beta too,can’t wait for this game its gonna rule.i wonder what the chances are for this game to come out on time,seeing how everything else is getting pushed back.i hope its out on time.

+ gqgk on August 17th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

i cant wait for MAG. it looks good an it may be challenging at first. anyone know what faction they’re going with?

+ stargiss on August 17th, 2009 at 2:54 am said:

I have been SO excited about MAG since the first time I heard of it. My wife is completely sick of hearing about it, I have read and watched everything I can find about it and am very excited to finally have a release date. Too bad it’s not until late January, I will have driven everyone nuts by then. I have never been in on any beta but am holding out that this will be my first one. I can not think of any other game I would have ever wanted to get in on the beta more so than this. I will be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping my family doesn’t pack up and leave me because they can’t stand hearing anymore about it before January 26. Good luck to all of us praying for a sneak peak at what is sure to be the most amazing console video game in history.

+ stargiss on August 17th, 2009 at 2:57 am said:

BTW, Valor!!!

+ imDisfigured on August 17th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

man i hope to be a part of the public beta!! can’t wait to play this game, it looks sick!

+ dill3218 on August 17th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

please pick me 4 public beta live in alaska cant make it to seattle for e3 09 <:)

+ gue-xplicit on August 17th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

When is the first wave of Beta keys send out? I received the invite, filled out the nec. info. and hope that I get in.

+ mustbehiggy on August 17th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

I want the beta or I will cry like a small child who just got punched in the face and had his candy taken from him! This game just blows my mind in FPS. It’s gonna be a turning point in gaming… kinda like Half-Life was for FPS.

+ miami36 on August 17th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Hope I Get a beta Zipper hasn’t let me down yet Socom was one of the best games I have ever played cant wait for MAG.

+ miami36 on August 17th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

S.V.E.R all the way lol cant wait for the game

+ GrieverBlade on August 17th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

I really want a beta for MAG. I’ve been a beta tester for socom 3/ca/confrontation. Zipper > Slant6 =]

+ slugboss on August 17th, 2009 at 9:27 pm said:

Raven squad rules! They love the latest and greatest.. and I really want a MAG beta right now. The similarities are uncanny.

+ eXclusive_X_ on August 17th, 2009 at 10:09 pm said:

fifty something player zombie mode online would be funny and/or fun if it were to actually be in the game.