PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Announcing: LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 17, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Morning all! Today, we’re pleased to announce the upcoming release of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year edition, which will ship to stores on September 8th for $59.99 with a “Sackful” of bonus content.

And while everyone unveils this type of news with a shiny new package front… grrrr… we wanted to be different and do the reverse…

LittleBigPlanet GOTY back

…and spend some time on the back of the box to talk about what’s in this “Game of the Year” version:

• First off, you’ll get the full award-winning LittleBigPlanet gameplay experience, or as we like to call it “Play Create Share” – ok, that was a bit to ‘infomercially’ (sorry), but you get the idea. Everything that made LittleBigPlanet one of the biggest games on the PS3 is in there.
  • Next, to give our new fans a taste of the over 1,000,000 user-generated levels available on the PlayStation Network, Media Molecule has hand-picked 18 extraordinary people to Create bonus levels specifically for the GOTY edition – complete with interviews with each creator. We loved how these levels turned out and hope you will to.

Paintball2 Tublerizer2- Cropped
Watermill2 - cropped Snow tank - cropped

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-HistoryCostumePack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-HistoryMediaPack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MonstersMedKit_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MonstersCostumePack_thumb_US
LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MGSCostumePack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MGSLevelPack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-AnimalCostumeBundle_thumb_US

• Finally, as a peek at the next game in the “Play, Create, Share” family, a limited supply of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year Editions will include a special voucher code for the upcoming ModNation Racers Online Beta. This is your chance to play ModNation Racers before the game comes out in 2010. If you haven’t checked out ModNation yet, and you’re a big-time racing fan, always dreamed of creating your own track, or you’re into vinyl art – head on over to www.ModNation.com and register.
  • ModNation Racers

So to summarize the bonus content:

• 18 new levels made by players just like you
  • 7 different content packs
  • Exclusive access to the upcoming ModNation Online beta

All together, with bonus content valued at over $30, the award-winning experience and over 1,000,000 levels to play online, it’s a great offer for those that haven’t joined the LittleBigPlanet community yet…all bundled in one neat little ‘sack’.

LittleBigPlanet GOTY front

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DARK_JAK_911 on August 18th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

Can NA get a free “First Week T-shirt” for the one year anniversary since we didn’t get it before?

+ piro_z on August 18th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

wait… there’s a bigger announcement tomorrow…. PLZ don’t say it’s more costumes or something overpriced D=>

+ DJ_DTM on August 18th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

HUGE KICK IN THE BALLS TO ALL US PEOPLE WHO PRE ORDERED THE GAME, WAITED FOR PATCHES AND PAID FOR ALL THE FREE STUFF YOUR GIVING AWAY NOW… THANKS MM AND FU.

+ DJ_DTM on August 18th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

THAT IS THE LAST TIME I BUY ANY DLC FOR LBP EVER.

+ Dracorius on August 18th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

I bought this game last year when it came out. My kids and I are still playing it. I am tempted to get this version just for the cover and the 18 bonus levels. Sony, keep this up and I will stay broke until the end of next year!!!

+ anotherdae on August 18th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

2nd the need to bundle this extra content as a DL option. (At a discount)

+ minameissteve on August 18th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

Please bring back atleast the Astronaut costume.

How do the user-made levels get into the game? Are they in the Story Mode section?

+ D34DL1N3R on August 18th, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

Miguel_Zorro | August 18th, 2009 at 4:40 am

So, as for this “limited number of ModNation Racers demos” – I have a pre-order for the LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition in right now. Does this mean I WILL get access to the ModNation Racers demo, or that I’ll have a random CHANCE at getting a ModNation Racers demo code?

Can we please get an answer on this?

+ ardeesonic on August 18th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Will there be a way to EXCHANGE the standard edition with the Game of the Year Edition even if you have most or all of the DLC packs included? Also, can you make the extra levels DLC for owners of the standard edition so they can experience the extra levels they’ve been asking for(that doesn’t just showcase DLC packs)?

+ Mexicanspy13 on August 18th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

plz reply you think youll be able to trade in your old lbp for this new one that be great

+ gunslingeryo on August 18th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

awesome been meaning to pick it up, just never got around to it. Great incentive

+ onabiv on August 18th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Will this edition have the extra dev kit features?

+ nelgonza on August 18th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

If I get this will my normal lbp data be there?

+ bouncy_B_O_B on August 19th, 2009 at 4:58 am said:

Can the people who have got the standard edition get the add ons for free? cuz it unfair please reply ASAP

+ mgsfoxhound2 on August 19th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

unbelevable!!! awsome packs included my favorite game!!!!

+ Danielogy on August 19th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

Oh my God. Am so Buying that!

+ burnsideking24 on August 22nd, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

i rly hope i can get this edition…. but i already own the first one….. i can sell it on amazon and sell more stuff i own….. or i could get my father to buy me it for my birthday (as a late birthday present) since this comes out two days after my bday

+ RaceCarYaYa on August 22nd, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

I agree with the others that it is pretty craptastic for those of us who bought the original for $60 and get nothing in return for being a great fan base. Seems as if the only goal is to sell product and leave us ‘old LBP’ players behind. Not that I don’t love the game, I just don’t love being forgotten.

+ swweet on August 22nd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

if they don’t let the 18 levels be available on the origanal…grr…>:(

+ swweet on August 22nd, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

sry mediamolecule…just come on! u gotta make the levels free for us!…plz!

+ stroudwes on August 22nd, 2009 at 10:04 pm said:

i also own this game i think people who own this game get tht dlc for free and they can keep the 18 levels and commentary its fair

+ TokiGlassBlower on August 23rd, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

So I have to buy a game and add-ons I already own to get the Beta, really, there not going to support the folks who have been with them for awhile just to play the Beta huh, but give it to the new folks huh, thats a pretty bad way to do it I think, I guess I’ll be waiting till it come out in the stores.

Keep It Hashy
Max

+ madeup6 on August 23rd, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

And what about all of us loyalists that bought the game before it got game of the year?

+ oktx39 on August 23rd, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Every PS3 owner should have LBP in their collection. If you haven’t taken the plunge yet, get this GOTY edition.

+ jh6269 on August 23rd, 2009 at 6:43 pm said:

Amazon still doesn’t have this listed for pre-order, what’s up with that?

+ Aki_Berg on August 23rd, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

OMG CANT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER 8th I PRE-ORDERED IT AND I CAN GET IT FOR ONLY $30 From EB-Games..

+ psfan999 on August 23rd, 2009 at 11:32 pm said:

This is cool, but a downer at the same time, I have to go out and buy the goty edition if I want the beta. Any comments?

+ Digi1982 on August 26th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Ah, so you guys finally got around to announcing the new LBP GOTY version. Do you know how annoying it is to be hired for it and not be allowed to mention it to anyone for the past six months? ;)

Anyway, now its public knowledge I put a short blurb about it on my site, you can read about it here: http://www.damienking.net/littlebigplanet-level-creation

Hope thats ok! :)

+ marklard on August 27th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

It wouldn’t be fair if you just let “game of the year” edition of lbp to have the user made maps. you guys should have a downloadable pack that lets the people with the regular lbp game to have the special made maps.

+ Hank1902 on August 28th, 2009 at 2:03 am said:

Fantastic game and it is a shame once again that the whole planet cannot enjoy this release. There are seemingly no plans to release this in european countries. Why? Is our little big planet shrinking? Come on guys, make this fantastic game available to all. We all want to share in the LBP experience. Anyone support me in this?

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on August 28th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Hello, this is my first post EVER. So, I already own the original version of LBP. I have also reserved a copy of the game of the year edition at gamestop. reading the info on it, i noticed a few things: will the modnation beta have a 100% chance of being in a copy that has been reserved? also, does the game of the year share the same save file as the regular version? so if i beat the game, will my game of the year version also show that i beat the game? and are the 18 levels really exclusive, because they are all made by players. finally, the 7 free add ons are no use to me since i already have them, but if the game of the year edition does have a separate game file, would that mean that i would have the add ons right away? i would be glad if a sony representitve would answer my questions. other bloggers can answer too but only if they have a positive idea of the answer. thank you!

+ J_S_R_C_N on August 29th, 2009 at 12:02 am said:

I bought the game on August 17, the day this was announced. I was so mad. I really want those 18 extra levels!! Are they going to be on PSN after a while?

+ TheRealDeal5150 on August 29th, 2009 at 2:50 am said:

I can’t wait to get this one.

+ Torinado on August 31st, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

awesome, but do you keep your data, trophys, and add-ons. and you might wanna check if theres a glitch for getting free add-ons that you already own, if you havent already.

+ J_S_R_C_N on August 31st, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Wait just re reading it, and so these 18 new levels, were they made by Media Molocule or 18 fans?

+ CP3man3 on August 31st, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

So wait, there is only a limited supply of voucher codes for modnation? what can i do to be sure i got one?

+ Hunjay on September 6th, 2009 at 5:43 am said:

What if youve already purchased the regular version but decide to sell it and buy the game of the year version? Are you able to, or not?

+ brojamma on September 8th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

While I understand the business model (releasing the new edition to attract new customers) I don’t understand why owners of the original game would be aced out. Are they really planning on bringing in enough revenue from current owners of LBP buying the new edition of the game to make up for all of the upset customers?

This is software – not hardware. You cannot compare the two business models because they’re completely different situations. It would cost nothing to make this content available for free to current owners of the game. Leave the beta as a new edition-only incentive and you won’t lose nearly as many loyal customers and likely sell (nearly) just as many copies of the new disc.

+ Gradly on September 12th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Please include the dynamic theme as well ?!!

+ Maggot_012345678 on September 12th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

please tell me the 18 levels will be available for download, or are already community levels. i’d be willing to buy them as a DLC. I dont wanna buy a whole nother game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4