PS4 - Destiny

Sack it to Me – the “Big Announcements” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 18, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP Banner

Hey guys – With all the hustle and bustle of all things GamesCom, wanted to share the LittleBigPlanet news in the air. We hope you don’t mind us moving this week’s “Sack It To Me” up a few days but we couldn’t wait to reveal some great news. So…are you ready to get WET?

Introducing the latest major gameplay update to come to LBP…WATER! We wanted to give you a peek of what Media Molecule had up their sleeves. When we released the Paintinator, we loved seeing user generated levels evolve from the platform genre to action oriented levels. Now with Water, we look forward to another evolution in level design. Stay tuned for more details on Water in an upcoming DLC kit in the near future.

LittleBigPlanet on the PSP – CREATE mode revealed!

For all you fans tracking the latest news for the PSP version, look no further. Our Cambridge Studios are hard at work on the PSP version and released a new video focused on the CREATE mode of the game.

Workshop of the Week

Our friend, luisbravo1, is having quite a bit of fun on the LittleBigWorkshop. Not only does he have some tutorials to help out the community, but he and his friends shared some ‘ice cream and cake’.

We’ll have more info for you soon!

+ ZAANOS on August 18th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

I call dibs on creating a Titanic sinking level.

+ ali922 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Finaly something that will get me playing lbp again and is online create mode coming out with this

+ GLiTcH2 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Wow sweet this is gunna rule!!! Hey but you know what else goes good with water??? ICE as in the ICE Danger Tool *Wink* *Wink* don’t forget about it MM :-)

+ Sindred on August 18th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

WATER!!! Yes, Thanks MM. I know the game has to avoid Violent elements, but future Wooden or Plastic Swords that damage baddies and generic menu systems for players wanted to add adventure elements is a definite suggestion.

Thanks for the WATER!!

+ CRONIC_GAMER on August 18th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Sweet Jesus water…… WATER!!!!!

+ jamerica on August 18th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Time for us to meet SpongeBob Squarepants in the water. yay!

+ Vex_Doppel on August 18th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

WATER! I I’ll admit, I giggled out loud like a little school girl when I watched the video. Total Awesomeness, better than I had imagined you’d do. Can’t wait, now bring freezing back.

+ ArPhaXad124 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

YES!! My guess was right! I had hoped you would add water but honestly thought it would be too difficult to do. Thank you MM!

+ haran_elessar on August 18th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

This is great news! But I think water should be a free update for everyone, seeing as it’s something that can so fundamentally change the gameplay. Also since it seems that it’ll be included on PSP version from the get go it’ll be weird for PSP users to have water and new PS3 owners not. I understand the paintinator (which I bought) being a paid download, but water is such a fundamental gameplay aspect to the classic platformer that we shouldn’t be paying for it.

now comes the part when you say that you haven’t announced a price for the kit and that it will be free!

+ BlooodyCow on August 18th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

@Mark Valledor
You just made my day :)
Please make the LBP avatars come very soon :)

+ Hradekal on August 18th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

YAYYYY!!! MM is the exact opposite of Slant 6!

+ Kchow23 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

I hope that new avatars are announced… time for an upgrade Sony is the only one behind in this area

+ ZAANOS on August 18th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Can’t see the LBP PSP create video I think it’s broken.

+ TubaDude49 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Thank you, now that submarine I developed will finally work right, now if I only had magnets…
No, Never mind ,Great work.

+ wizeguy22 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

love it!! thanks MM

+ CRONIC_GAMER on August 18th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Mark can you At least tell us what the play creat share counter will do please try and use more than one sentence you can be pretty blunt sometimes ha ha I said blunt. I remember a while back they had mentioned water I had all but given up hope alas water!

+ CervantesDL on August 18th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

if we have a jesus costume, is it able to walk on water?

+ TubaDude49 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Hold on a minute, can I lethalize water?
If so, think of the possibilities such as faucet slowly flooding the level. That would be awesome!

+ TubaDude49 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

Can you please bundle an otter costume into this pack, if so this will be a day 1 purchase.

+ Ruffday on August 18th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Wow, I just bought the history pack. What a rip, there was nothing worth it in there. Can we get the next pack free or something, ain’t you guys billionaires already?

+ ProwlingFox on August 18th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

oh my gosh, that PSP trailer is SOOO CUTE!

+ Jeigh on August 18th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Just want to let you know: I loved the music in that second video! =) LittleBigPlanet should really pride itself on great music.

+ roseofmayix on August 18th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Water = yay

not knowing whether or not it will be free = fail

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 18th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

water, more psp version, ice cream and cake?

+ ArPhaXad124 on August 18th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Cool! will it put out fire or electrify when it touches other hazardous materials?

+ ROFLdrg on August 18th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

It’s great to finally see water!….
now how about that online create mode? -.-

+ Atomika14 on August 18th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Water in LBP! This changes everything! Awesome!

+ inveigle on August 18th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

that’s amazing lol

+ Ghost_Shrimp on August 18th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Oh man this is good I have been waiting for water.

Just wondering though, can you just put water in an individual pool or can you only rise or lower the water level for the whole level?

+ oompa- on August 18th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Uhh so what ever happened to co-op creation?

+ King_Zach on August 18th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Wow i have a lair avatar im so getting a LBP. And im getting that premuim LBP theme to. In the 3.00 video they really showed you off, some advertise your doing. Lol.
Anyways water seems awesome cant wait.
Will there be a LBP PS3 expansion that includes everything the psp one has like extra levels and stuff in create mode.

+ synchronizerman on August 18th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Water will be great! Please make it so you can make it rise at a chosen speed and max/min height. Also please make it possible to make the water deadly to the touch like gas. I would love to upgrade my “water” level with this, but it needs to be able to got through all objects, and be deadly to the touch. Thank you Media Molecule!

+ shaddyg on August 18th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

i would like to know if it will be free like the creators pack

+ Anubis80 on August 18th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Water seems cool but without any new levels to play I might sell it to get more money for Batman when it releases.

But this game is worth the buy to anyone who hasnt played it yet. TRUST ME! There are so many people who will agree with me on this.

+ PowerOfRamen on August 18th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

I did feel like something was missing and am thrilled for this awesome add-on. If it’s free then great. If not I’m still willing to pay.

+ Kioni on August 18th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Keep up the fantastic work Mm!! Your class A support for the game is incomparable to any other developer!! You might beat out Criterion in terms of DLC =) All of the Mm team’s creative ideas are being coordinated successfully.

+ PHANTASMN707 on August 18th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Just like the MGS Paintinator, this will add a whole new level of depth to an already fantastical game. Thanks Mm, looking forward to more info. Just don’t price this out of everyone’s pocket ;)

+ thunderbear on August 18th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Love the water. The surface dynamics are awesome, and the effects when you are underwater looks beautiful. I can’t wait to see what levels you ship with it.

What’s the name of the song in the PSP create video?

+ KillerBread on August 18th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

im sory but you have forgot a few things, home game launching a home space. you said we where able to make levles with friends i have been waiting for this for a while . have you forgot about this stuff?

+ Sigmakan on August 18th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

I’ve been known to start doing the icecream and cake song randomly in the middle of the night while sleeping.

Yes, I am awesome.

+ XScreamingEagleX on August 18th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

will the “WATER” be in the goty edition?? it looks so cool!!!

+ PshycoNinja on August 18th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Sorry I’m a bit confused on the GOTY Edition. In one post you said that the ModNation Racers Beta comes on ” limited disks”. Does that mean we have to buy the game from a certain retailer or have to get it early or what? I want to buy it on amazon.com but I dont want to pre-order it if I can’t get into the beta.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 19th, 2009 at 2:54 am said:

its the first shipment of all versions of the GOTY edition, not specific to any retailer

+ Metalmurphy on August 18th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

For those who asked. The song on the PSP trailer is Spiderbait - Glockenpop

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on August 18th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Which religion is Media Molecule going to let censor the PSP version?

+ NoobianGod on August 18th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

No Home Launching announcements?

Please! MM! I so badly want to know anything on if you guys are going to provide launching into LBP from Home…if…when…???

Please, please, please!!!

+ mpnjdevil07 on August 18th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

ARE WE EVER GONNA GET A PLAYABLE PACK LIKE THE METAL GEAR SOLID? HAVENT PLAY MY LIL BIG PLANET IN MONTHS

+ luisbravo1 on August 18th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Thanx Playstation!! I’m Luis the creator of Ice cream and cake video :)

+ luisbravo1 on August 18th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

hey guys hope u still putting my videos here =) i have so many other tutorials that are awesome, like my time-warp-machine but idk why but it seems like u like my icecream and cake video, the bad thing is that that time my chroma key didnt work as it have to work but well is funny the song, my prox video will be of a song caleed “Taco song” is rlly funny, but u have to hear it like 3 or more times to understand it good

+ Patronaso on August 18th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

It would be extremely brilliant if you allowed the level editing to be done with the DualShock and have the PSP video feed on your TV (ala resistance retribution). Hopefully the MM guys and Cambridge will read this.

+ Indicate on August 18th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said: