Far Cry 4

Sack it to Me – the “Big Announcements” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 18, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP Banner

Hey guys – With all the hustle and bustle of all things GamesCom, wanted to share the LittleBigPlanet news in the air. We hope you don’t mind us moving this week’s “Sack It To Me” up a few days but we couldn’t wait to reveal some great news. So…are you ready to get WET?

Introducing the latest major gameplay update to come to LBP…WATER! We wanted to give you a peek of what Media Molecule had up their sleeves. When we released the Paintinator, we loved seeing user generated levels evolve from the platform genre to action oriented levels. Now with Water, we look forward to another evolution in level design. Stay tuned for more details on Water in an upcoming DLC kit in the near future.

LittleBigPlanet on the PSP – CREATE mode revealed!

For all you fans tracking the latest news for the PSP version, look no further. Our Cambridge Studios are hard at work on the PSP version and released a new video focused on the CREATE mode of the game.

Workshop of the Week

Our friend, luisbravo1, is having quite a bit of fun on the LittleBigWorkshop. Not only does he have some tutorials to help out the community, but he and his friends shared some ‘ice cream and cake’.

We’ll have more info for you soon!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 18th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Are you ever gonna fix the play create share scoring?

+ Musoka_Eimin on August 18th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! Water! Thank EVERYONE at MM for me. Honestly, these guys are the BEST! Not only have they created one of the most amazing and fun to share games ever, these guys are the absolute finest at good service for its user base. Between all our patches, updates, free DLC like holiday outfits, creator packs, you guys are the absolute best. Thank you so much! SONY should really step up and recognize what an amazing job you all do. Your game makes an old school gamer smile plenty thanks team.

+ Miles514 on August 18th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Im crossing my fingers for his to be free. I will be able to create the levels i want now! Not saying the creation system is bad just the types of levels i want.

+ Musoka_Eimin on August 18th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

OH and heres to the new cheaper slim PS3 combined with the forces of your new GOTY pack, heres to hoping for MANY new players and levels to add to this great community.

+ Ouren on August 18th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Will we only be able to control water levels, or will we be able to contain it, and push it around with an emitter for water falls, and flows and such?

Thanks Mark!

+ wolfzero1 on August 18th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

cool, that video was funny, should be interesting to see what can be created with water added to levels

+ TamarindLAZ on August 18th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Wow something new from MM that I’m excited about.

Thanks for the water.

+ big-gunns on August 18th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

water… need water…

+ ThEosSiE on August 18th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

@zaltar wow.. There aren’t many games that received support like Warhawk.. Free and premium.. really sucks that you’d try to down them instead of just focusing on how cool the LBP content is..

+ JCJAR on August 18th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Will LBP PSP get the same degree of post-release support as the PS3 version?

+ zaltar on August 18th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

@ #109: I did really like the Warhawk support, but too few people play right now and sadly Incognito isn’t pushing it any further. I never was dissing Warhawk, I truly love the game, but it seems like nobody plays it anymore. That is what irritates me more than lack of new content. The only reason why I want more content is to get people to play it again so I can have even more fun with it.

Sorry if you were offended, it was a badly worded comment on my part. I don’t mean any offence to the Warhawk team, and I did initially post to say how great LBP is.

I hope this solved any misunderstandings between myself and the rest of the community.

zaltar

+ J-DANG on August 18th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

When is the Sephiroth costume gonna be released??? I’ve been waiting since day 1.

+ RunnerKyle on August 18th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Wow! Not only does that add a whole new dimension to game play and level design, it looks beautiful!

+ ArPhaXad124 on August 18th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

from the video it looks like we’ll only be able to control water levels for the entire level, I had kind of hoped for a water ‘material’ you could just draw and let fall, and that you could contain in a bowl or something. That would be awesome and if that’s already how it works, great. If not, i’m still happy.

+ MaDogNik96 on August 18th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

I wonder, will this “exciting new pack” include any other revolutionary additions to the world of LBP? Also, will you be able to use the paintinator under water? Another thing, could I maybe just fill one section with water or possibly make a “glass” of water. Last thing that comes to my mind is can I make it so being under water could hurt you? Sure Mario could breath under water just fine, but Sonic needed air. So could I make something like that? This new addition makes me think of so many possibilities and questions! Thank you!

+ MaDogNik96 on August 18th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

@111 and anyone else talking about Warhawk. I didn’t know this until today, but Dylan Jobe is not with Incognito anymore and has started his own company. I noticed it on his Twitter page. His company’s site says they have a deal to make a few Sony exclusive titles. Here’s his company:

I have a feeling everyone knows this though and I’m the last horse to cross the finish line. Oh well, sorry for the old news.

+ Gr00v3r06 on August 18th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Dam that song will be stuck in my head for days. I didn’t get to comment earlier when I first read the post. I would love to have a sackboy animated avatar if it was my sackboy and would change depending on How I had him dressed last. Please make this happen. Sackboy is cool because he is my sackboy and not someone else’s.

+ stlthriot on August 18th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

I’ve been excited for the possibility of water forever but now I am a bit disappointed.
I was hoping it could be placed on one of the 3 depths and could flow off objects and you could fill objects up with it if they were formed right. And, it would be independent from each of the 3 depths so you could do all kinds of fun things with it. :D
Hopefully something like that could still happen.

+ Musoka_Eimin on August 18th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

By the way, you guys always make such cool little promo vids. This one cracked me up.

+ eXclusive_X_ on August 18th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Water huh. It’s about time. didnt even know it wasn’t in little big planet, probably because i don’t create anything. Only created two levels.

+ SketchyMidnight on August 18th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

Wow what a big announcement!

Earth-Shattering news Media Molecule!

Water.

Are you freaking joking? That’s it? Not even in the GoTY edition that’s FULL PRICE with crap DLC that nobody wants?

Just give some level kits and NOT crap animal DLC inside a game case with the same game that’s $30 now.

Disgraceful marketing.

+ DevilDawg90 on August 18th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

Cant wait to get my hands on this water goodness! LittleBigPlanet PSP FTW!!!

+ ixnine on August 18th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

Mark, (my name is Mark too!), could you tell me if the water feature will just fill a level up to how high we would like, like what we’ve seen in the video, or will there be other options like controlling how deep the water can be, like as in 1 to 3 blocks deep… if that makes any sense. Because making waterfalls with the emitters and small pools would be neat!

+ ArmoredAce on August 19th, 2009 at 12:31 am said:

OMG i love this video

+ Ospov on August 19th, 2009 at 12:49 am said:

Can we expect the Water Kit to be similar to the Creator Kit that you all released not too long ago with atmosphere adjusters, angled sensors, etc. as in there’s a little more than just the water? Maybe a propeller or a water raise/lower switch…

I would actually love to see a level (or better yet, levels) that are similar to the Monster Train level instead of just downloading the items. Me and my little brother loved that level! It was tons of fun getting all of the prize bubbles and I actually find that more enjoyable than just having them.

Anyway, keep the great DLC coming!!

+ CherylRose on August 19th, 2009 at 3:34 am said:

When will you be able to launch into LBP from Playstation Home? All of my friends and I always want to and then it’s such a hassle to do it without game launching, that we end up not playing :(

Me and my best friend are totally getting this download pack when it comes out, wish you guys would list dates, lol.

+ A_ster_1234 on August 19th, 2009 at 7:00 am said:

Awesome I ve been waiting for water to create the newest rollercoaster waiting to be released

+ DaOmen999 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

thats cool,what about water guns ;)

+ futuramaguy42 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

Will this be included in the GOTY addition?

+ waffles12121 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Water was something that i wondered about when i played…

… now im wondering about ice cream and cake
=)

+ mgsfoxhound2 on August 19th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! awsome keep it up LBP i love theis update no more costumes more updates like this and please dont make LBP 2 just keep adding to this one please thanks great family game keep it up!!!!! from my family to yours Mike Biggs

+ awsome_robot on August 19th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

cool! toilet stage, here i come!

+ Demonhunter84 on August 19th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Cool i always wanted to create a level in LBP with water! Will it be a sticker pack? I’ll be downloading it when its released on day one.

+ Transient on August 19th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Wow I’m really excited about LBP for PSP! Also, water sounds pretty cool! I always wondered why it was left out. ;)

Ice cream and cake… ahhh, it’s stuck in my head now. :(

+ Transient on August 19th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

I really hope the LBP PSP Create mode can also be used to Create for PS3 LBP. I can see a lot of people building LBP levels while riding the bus, during lunch breaks, etc.

+ FRANKMAN1 on August 19th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

I have waiting for this for a long time.
Really thx MM ;).
Part of a new kit creator pack 2? so lets
wait!

+ lgjoka2002 on August 19th, 2009 at 11:15 pm said:

cant wait for the water will the pack be free though and when will it come out.can u please tell me.:3

+ MuffimMan on August 20th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Looks like the product of much hard work and thought. I am elated to see that Media Molecule is paying attention to the hopes of the LittleBigPlanet community. I can only imagine of what else may be contained within this Level Kit. If you actually do listen to the community, and this is not just to mock us, then bravo. Like at the bottom at the Comment Submitting page says, I need to take a deep breath and wait patiently for what happens next. I hope in the future you can bring more outstanding updates to what is definitely shaping up to be the greatest game of all time. Innovation is no longer the name of the game, it is now the collective innovation of the developers and gaming community that can crown a game as king. I will dream of the day when Media Molecule creates new levels that are standalone stories, not based on a different game, like the original games that come with the disk. The possibilities of your wonderful level designers and all of the updates past and to come could make me faint. I crave for prize bubbles that I do want to grab and that challenge me.

-Best regards,
MuffimMan

+ MuffimMan on August 20th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

P.S. Wind would be a great new element just as water is.

+ lgjoka2002 on August 20th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

i wonder if ice will be in the pack

+ o0oi01o10oi0o on August 22nd, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

they should have zero gravity that would be a sick element and i can’t wait to play the psp version of lbp :)

+ Wartech on August 22nd, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

I know its just a peek. but will we be able to control the murkiness of the water. color and how thick it is. The ideas I’m getting are flowing like….water. can’t wait.

+ Loki-554 on August 28th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

The water looks great! I made a “playground” level for when the water to out so all I have to do is fill it up with water! Also i agree with leimeisei about the layer glitch but I think it should just be detail layers not a layer your sack can go on.

PS: It would be nice to have a idea of the release date of water and online would be, just a rough idea at least.

+ luisbravo1 on September 5th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

HEY is true that media molucle could give me a crown?

+ Darren01 on September 27th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said: