PS4-Infamous

Introducing LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on Aug 19, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Helloooo PlayStation Bloggers!

Long time no speak, Tsubasa here with breaking news!

Locoroco Midnight Carnival

We have a spin off of our favorite LocoRoco franchise coming down the pipe real fast! LocoRoco Midnight Carnival just made its world premier at gamescom going on in Cologne, Germany this week. The product will be for the PSP platform via the PSN.

We’re making sure our fans States-side are not left out on the news.

Locoroco Midnight Carnival Locoroco Midnight Carnival

The mischievous BuiBui woke LocoRoco up from beauty sleep. It seems BuiBui have gone and built some challenging levels for LocoRoco to tackle. Help LocoRoco conquer the levels in hope to get back to bed!

This time around, LocoRoco has a super enhanced bounce called “Boing!” Use this to your advantage and literally bounce off walls, find LocoRoco’s friend MuiMui, and go for the goal!

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival comes with:

• 16 standard stages
  • 2 mini games
  • 3 bonus stages

Use the Ad hoc feature to either compete with friends, or to play co-op. We will also have leaderboards prepared for you, to compete with your LocoRoco friends worldwide!

We’re very excited to be bringing LocoRoco Midnight Carnival to you. Stay tuned for more details!

Locoroco Midnight Carnival

PAGE 1 2

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

YOU GOTA BE LoCo..TO pLay RoCo..HoW MaNy LoCo GaMeS Can..ThErE Be!!Ive NeVeR PLaYeD A LoCo RoCo..GuEsS iTs WoRtH a TrY..EsSpEciaLLy iF tHeRe iS a LoCo DeMo :P

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

give it a shot! please!

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

and how much is this “game” gonna cost?
I really like the whole theme about loco roco, is fun yet addictive :P

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

We should be able to post a follow up shortly with release date and pricing information. Stay tuned!!!

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

@1
With all the respect….dude do you have special needs?
Why do you type like that?
Just wondering

+ whatisdelicious on August 19th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

You should seriously make a PS3 Loco Roco. That’s not a screen saver.

The tilt control (and shoulder buttons) are RIGHT there along with HD graphics.

Do it!

+ Zezzler on August 19th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

You can play this game with the PSPgo closed right? if thats right, pretty sweet.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Wow, where\’d you hear that?

You are right though!

LocoRoco is the perfect game to do this.
    The core controls have always been the R/L shoulder buttons.

The team has designed/enabled the menu navigation using the R/L buttons only as well.

So YES you can play with the unit closed!
    Now that\’s what I call good game design! :-)

+ Enforcer_X on August 19th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Totally getting this!
I would also totally get a REAL Loco Roco for PS3!

+ xplosneer on August 19th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

How many announcements can you make in one day?! This is awesome! Not up there with 3.00, but just another great thing to expect.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

aww.. more LocoRoco love please!!

+ guitain on August 19th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

I really should get myself a new PSP and get a hold of LocoRoco 2…

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Yes, please do!
    LocoRoco 2 was a great game!

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

im getting this one too and p.s Tsubasa are you a nascar fan or did u pick that as your avatar?

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Thanks! I\’m sure you will enjoy!

as for the thumbnail photo?
    I like all motorsports.
    Used to work at Polyphony (ie: Gran Turismo).

This photo is actually not related to Nascar, but is a shot of me in a chopper up in the Swiss Alps. The photo/video shoots eventually turned into the Eiger track in GT5P.

We flew at crazy altitudes w/ no doors.
    Freeeeeeeezing!

Good times though!

+ Thorpe89 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

Need a LocoRoco game on PS3. NAOW.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

@3..dude..i was bored..and u dont have to have “special needs” to hold and let go of the ShiFt BuTToN..so out of aLL DuE ReSPeCT..just ReAd it and MoVe on. >:P YeAh iM LoCo!!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

I’ll finish this in one day like the original, then the song will be stuck in my head for months to come. I can still whistle the first games soundtrack from beginning to end. Just make sure that it is made available to us Canadians as it seems that you folks are starting to really limit the content we get here. You Folks refers to Sony.

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

@11
Well, I can clearly see that your PSN ID has the number 82…I just Hope that ain’t your birth year….

leave that to a 10 year old….with all your respect…GROW UP!!!

+ BigBoss712 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

I sure would love a psn LocoRoco game for the PS3. ;)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

@ evildude683 I guess you must be 5 as you can’t even add, nYcFrEeWiLL82 wouldn’t be 10 years old if he was born in 1982, he’d be 27, why don’t YOU GROW UP. frackin Bullies on the Blog today, hey b’y.

+ ElPenguinoDiablo on August 19th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Yay! Great news – thanks, Tsubasa. At last another LocoRoco game to keep me entertained on the train everyday – it’s been too long since the last one.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Me too! I\’m totally addicted!

A good excuse(justification) for anyone to get the PSP Go as well?!

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

@15
The jokes on you..
lol
Im talking about his age…duh
I know he’s 27 basically A GROWN MAN
my point is..he should leave that kind of typing to a 10 year old

+ LokeSTL on August 19th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

@Tsubasa

Why not make a PSN version of this and the other games? Take an HD scan and slap some trophies on these, give them a $10 pricetag, and watch the money roll in. Is this a possibility?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

ItS nOt LiKe Im gEttIn gRaDeD fOr tHiS..aM I?..OOH my BAD evilDUDE..i shuld b moRe MaTuRe aBouT hOw i TeX..2 MaKe iT EaSieR foR u 2 UnDerStAnD..lol yeah im almost 27..but if u noticed im from “nYc”..and the “FrEeWiLL” part must surely mean i DO AS I WANT..so yeah My PoinT is ..im CrEaTiVe..like this AWESOME LooKinG GaMe that YoU & 1o YeAr Olds PlaY ..

+ onlineatron on August 19th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

@5 (Tsubasa Inaba)

How do you split the locos then? Usually that’s on the circle button.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

There\’s a slightly different game design for this version. I don\’t think you will have to split up (although, technically you can)

Hope to put up a video soon.
    Seeing will help communicate this new playing style a bit better :-)

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

@18 Don’t forget that really catchy soundtrack in full 5.1 ;)
OMG I can even imagine that…sweet
*drools*

+ Jetup on August 19th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Sony, please stop taking my money!
We can have a prenub.

+ packy17 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Getting a PSPgo… I’ll def check this out. I’ve heard the franchise is really good but haven’t had a chance to try it!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

DO IT!!! (please)

+ waffles12121 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

i played the first one, So i think this one will be cool too… but are you guys gonna make one for PS3?

+ Kchow23 on August 19th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Definitely getting a PSP Go!!

+ StalkingSilence on August 19th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Might have to pick this up, really like LocoRoco, haven’t tried LocoRoco 2 yet.

+ IceCold on August 19th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Inaba San, thanks for the announcement. I’m waiting for the pspgo to come out before i jump into the psp scene.

Loco Roco, Patapon , and GTPSP are on my list! The date needs to hurry up.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Thank you, we\’re doing our best!

+ dulcediana on August 19th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

Sony’s John Koller think we don’t want BC.

lets express some feedback and claim .

WE WANT BC!

copy and paste this.

+ Elebumm on August 19th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Man im so excited that I changed my avatar to a loco roco. Please tell me there will be new music

+ Kenshin71 on August 19th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Why ignore the comments about LocoRoco for PS3? A simple ‘sorry we have no plans’ would be better than just ignoring people. Does seem kind of short sighted not to release it as a PS3 downloadable.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Sorry we have no plans :-(

+ LoveStrucked on August 19th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

oh nice, eye of judgement is also on the psp.

there’s a message for eric lempel.

+ LoveStrucked on August 19th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

link from comment 31 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHy0_chPCA

+ Korbei83 on August 19th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I too also await another Loco Roco on PS3. I rather enjoyed Cocoreccho, but it didn’t quite capture the same appeal as Loco Roco does.

+ Onna76_NL on August 19th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Spin off, so its not an actual sequel to the other two games then? Either way, I saw the trailer on the PS3 and it looks very promising and slightly different again from the other 2 games and…. it really fits perfect on the PSP Go.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Correct!

This is not a sequel to LocoRoco 2, hence the slightly different game mechanics/playing style.

I\’m glad you had the chance to see our video. As you have mentioned, I think it communicates our new challenges.

And yes, perfect for the PSP go!

+ Onna76_NL on August 19th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

Ow ehm Inaba-san, checking FB lately?? ;-)

+ Onna76_NL on August 19th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

@Tsubasa, yep downloaded all the videos that were available in the store today xD. Great, the more interesting it’ll be to check the game out and I already own a PSP (two actually) but more and more I’m considering to buy a PSP Go, although I said at first I wouldn’t :-)

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

>I’m considering to buy a PSP Go, although I said at first I wouldn’t

I\’m sure when Oct 1 is here,
    it will be quite difficult to resist :-)

+ SupaGokuMan on August 19th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

Yay more Loco Roco. i didn’t like CocoReccho. it was dumb. i still don’t get it to this day.

+ HouseMorton on August 19th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

Aww man, just when I managed to get my PSP back from my 3 and 5 year old, you come out with another loco roco! Now I’ll never get to use my PSP.
As others have said, a real PS3 locoroco would be great.

Oh, and off topic- John Koller can suck it. We need bc on our playstations, past, present and future, just as Kuratagi promised.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Perhaps this will be a good excuse to get the PSP go for yourself? :-)

+ SupaGokuMan on August 19th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

oh yeah and i may buy a PSP Go. but meh i dunno. if theres some kind of bonus incentive to buy one…yeah i will. but right now i’m on the fence about it.

+ Craiji on August 19th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

You know a good way to experience the Ad-hoc play?

Ad-hoc Party!!!!!

Please! Sony!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival supports Ad-hoc.

Players can either race each other to the goal, or play co-op. I\’m sure you will enjoy this feature!

+ Stinkinmushroom on August 19th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

the trailer looked awesome. Never tried a Locoroco actually, not sure why, cause i love these kind of games. Will try this one out, don’t worry.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Yes, please do!

+ Onna76_NL on August 19th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

@Tsubasa, the temptation is seriously there :-)

@HouseMorton, why not buy another PSP, so you can use it as your own and your kids can use the other one? Problem (hopefully) solved, but of course I can’t look into your wallet ;)

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 19th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

PSP should have motion control like the iphone, LocoRoco would be so awesome with it.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Would be nice wouldn\’t it??

+ station3fever on August 19th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

I had bought part 1 and 2 but still have yet to play them. I had played the demo and loved it so much that i just purchased them. I know i’ll end up buying this also but darn; i really have to get to these games “as i know they will be great”. Thanks for making these games as i know they can be addictively fun.

+ ThatNice5 on August 19th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

this all well and good but can we get a tmnt arcade or a final fight? what about some more publihers? perhaps konami or ubisoft? psn needs a few more great quality downloadable games. if you feel the way i do please help bloggers. submit a list of games you would like to buy that eveybody would want. x-men arcade is mine 8 players and great replay value. its worth $14.99 if you ask me

+ xplosneer on August 19th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

@Tsubasa Inaba

Oh don’t get me wrong! I love LocoRoco, I’m sure to pick this up, I just feel that it might get overlooked by some because of the other announcements recently!

And it’s sure close to a new PS3 update xD

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Yes I agree.. :-(

I wish PSP/PSN titles got a little more attention. I\’m hoping we\’ll get some tail winds with the new PSP go!

+ stain090 on August 19th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

it look good but i don’t know yet still to know about the price

+ depward on August 19th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Tsubasa Inaba – THANK YOU so much for commenting on a nice handful of comments here; it makes me really happy to see that you’re all about interacting with your fans.

As far as LRMC is concerned, day one purchase for me. I loved LocoRoco 1 + 2, didn’t care for the PSN PS3 release (still played it though!), but this sounds fantastic.

Thanks again!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

No, thanks to all of you viewers!

Personally I like to try and comment as much as possible. This PlayStation Blog gives us the chance to reach out to \”real\” players.

It\’s great we get that kind of an opportunity.

+ KingYakko on August 19th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

YES! I love this series! I can’t wait for this one! I enjoyed LocoRoco 2, and I’m sure this will keep the series going on the PSP. Keep up the good work!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Thank you!

I sometimes feel like a horse with a carrot dangling in front of my face ;-)

+ MattyF on August 19th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I hope I get a review code for this. Love the LocoRoco series.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on August 19th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

review code? are you w/ the press? :-)

PAGE 1 2