PS4-Watch_Dogs

Gamescom Virtual Booth Tour: MAG

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Aug 20, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

On day one of Gamescom Cologne, even the jet lag of a 40-hour day couldn’t keep me from stumbling my way over to MAG in the PlayStation booth. There, I found Seth Luisi, Director of Development at SCEA, who walked us through a 128-player “Acquisition” mode Valor map that’s playable on the show floor.

Check out the video, and don’t forget that Qore subscribers will have the chance to get in on the MAG Official Public Beta on September 17!

153 Comments   1 Reply

+ SmogItUp on August 21st, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

All you people are idiots. Of COURSE WE KNOW ZIPPER DID NOT MAKE SOCOM CONFRONTATION!!! The problem is, Seth Luisi (The dude in the video) was in charge of Confrontations development. Needless to say, Seth REPEATEDLY lied to us about features and post launch content.

Anything that Seth Luisi has involvement in you can be sure I will not waste my money on. The dude is a joke and so is Sony for keeping him around after deliberately lying to his fanbase

+ psfan999 on August 21st, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

I’m starting to worry about this game, Seth!?! Seriously? But looking past that retard doing the presentation, did he even find someone to shoot through that entire match?!?

+ Mansour449 on August 21st, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

i have 3 beta code any one need a code ?

+ K1LLerBreW on August 21st, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

@12 C-DaBurna-B for one Zipper had nothing to do with Socom go Cry to Slant Six. Zipper made Socom 1 and 2 and then Slant Six took over. This is not slant six so why you rambling on something that was not their fault.

+ K1LLerBreW on August 21st, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

@ SmogItUp Seth Luisi had nothing to do with Confrontation. He only works for sony to show games off, he is the lead developer for sony not Slant Six who is the one you should be crying to because Slant Six is the one to lie to you.

+ K1LLerBreW on August 21st, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

well I am in the beta and it looks like Zipper and anyone that works for Sony was invulnerable to getting shot so they could show the game off. This is the best Beta I have ever been and this game is Awesome.

+ K1LLerBreW on August 21st, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

I am in the beta now, will I have to get Qore to stay in the beta or is it were just going to mix us with people who have Qore?

+ DANO69 on August 21st, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

You know what’s more pathetic than socom..SLANT 6 developers are actually beta testing this (DAT GUY)and others…GET BACK TO WORK ON A REAL SOCOM YOU FOOL’S.

+ MUNCHEE718 on August 21st, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

looks like it plays like frontline fuels of war with more players that repair tool from the video looks like the one from frontlines and it has the same push forward push back gameplay. just a thought

+ RedHarlow on August 21st, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Hey Seth. You suck.

-A disgruntled SOCOM fan
(SOCOM 1 + 2 were perfect)

+ alex_ansem on August 21st, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

oh man !! beta? i wan’t in… how do i get the chance if i don’t subscribe to Qore? cause that is not the only way right?

+ Gringo234 on August 21st, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

Don’t wanna sound negative feel like I’m on a negative roll but I’m just being honest.

I do like the concept but I can’t see me playing such a massive game and I know a lot of players are going to be jerks because they could already have the medal or reward that you’re trying to get.

+ Sirbagsalot on August 21st, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

i like the game but one complaint the camera movement looks rigid i hope its better on release

+ Murdamike45 on August 21st, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

Great cant wait!!

+ YeWest_is_da_man on August 21st, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

@103: Mansour449

Hey Mansour, I was just looking at this post and saw that you said you had 3 beta codes. If you do have any extras left, do you think that maybe you can send one my way. I’d be really grateful!

Email address is: YeWest_is_da_man@yahoo.com

Anyways, this game looks really great (as everyone else has said). I was disappointed with Socom and haven’t really been into a tactical shooter since then- but the appeal and potential of this game is great and I really hope that it succeeds expectations. This and all the other great exclusives to come out later- this is a great start!!

+ CounterKiller-cR on August 21st, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

Hope I can get into the beta. Hope its good like zippers old games(AKA Socom).

+ RiseAboveAll25 on August 21st, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

Well I’ve played in the private beta before and it was action-packed! The ranking system works well with the entire game. I think MAG has a lot of potiental to be a one of the best games out there on PS3, if the tweak some minor things.

+ jacopo1993 on August 22nd, 2009 at 2:51 am said:

I’ve MAG Beta and it’s gonna be cool! Every,every time i play i say that anyone in the world may make MAG better than Socom,Zipper do!

+ spring4837 on August 22nd, 2009 at 3:29 am said:

this game is going to own every 360 game ever created

+ FreakShow82 on August 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 am said:

How do I get the beta? some of my friends did

+ J-A-Clark on August 22nd, 2009 at 7:01 am said:

All I could think after watching the video is why aren’t you working with your squad ? What’s your squads objective ? Why are you running around by yourself ? And the guy with the highest rank is the squad leader ? I hope he has a mic and is not a dope . I guess the highest ranking person in theory should have a good grip on the game and know some maps well . We’ll see.

+ JayD-1K on August 22nd, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

this game is great! and trust me, you’re not just running looking for a battle!

i just wish you could re-spawn closer to your team. but with a good squad leader and talkative team mates, this will a great game to have!

+ exup1002 on August 22nd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Hope is as good as looks didn’t order socom so glad modern warfare 2 is going to take some beeting

+ Ranner84 on August 22nd, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Its looks very good,but how are ‘toon,squad,and army leaders going to be set up?
If you have a very bad leader who says to go right in the middle of a firefight,your not going to live very long…

+ ace91479 on August 22nd, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

remember its in beta so the rooms don’t get full of people an at the time of the video maybe people were not in the right squad or online

+ ace91479 on August 22nd, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

@Kelly Halls after the aa is taken out u can spawn right in the action

+ footballrule on August 22nd, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

I love this Beta, it is the best Beta i have been in so far, in the public beta, will the servers still be down at times?

+ footballrule on August 22nd, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Also, can those already in the Beta stay in the MAG Beta?

+ thegriefer on August 22nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

cant wait for this game

+ puppyboy11 on August 22nd, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

only 2 factions can be at a map at a time?

+ DR3KDJ on August 23rd, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

some people are bashing this game cause they think it’s gonna take the same path as socom, but the fact is that this game is amazing, objective based gameplay ala Enemy Territory,whoever played Wolfenstein ET and liked it, they’ll love this one, im in the private beta so this is FACT =)

+ Unlistedkdog on August 23rd, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

I just signed up for the Annual Qore so that means I am in for the beta right.

+ Boozii on August 23rd, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

seth should get fired

+ MeeKrab4You on August 23rd, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Can’t wait till january now, this game should blow away anything M$ can come up with. going to be and amazing game and hopefully can get into the beta.

+ Elite_Pyro on August 23rd, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

I think I was in this game, it was awesome! I met an invincible guy :D

+ JamesJam on August 23rd, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

MAG looks sweet cant wait to play really want 2 get in on the beta

+ Tupat on August 23rd, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

How would us europeans be able to get into the open beta?

+ noir-20 on August 23rd, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Great game, it is truly a massive action game
(Im in private beta)
the best part is being the team leader…. so much power at your finger tips.. lol raven all the way.

+ TC4SPAZINOUT on August 23rd, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

cool. i hope i get in the beta i need to sleep less lol

+ Supplyguy615 on August 24th, 2009 at 6:33 am said:

BBBC2, OFDR2, and espically MAG are gonna be taken up alot of my time!!!

+ Klass1K on August 24th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Why does that house at 4:27 do that?

+ villdoc on August 24th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

got me code last night only it was sent on August 14th and was sleeping in my SPAM folder for the past 10 day. You can imagine the horror mixed with happiness. Hope thye take me after the late response. Thoughts?

+ Abigstorm on August 24th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

i would like to join the mag this is the first time on here how do i know if i will get into mag beta

+ NelsonXVCT on August 26th, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

Hey.
So annual Qore Subscribers will be aloud to go in the MAG Beta? Like lets say I subscribed to Qore annual today, will I be able to be in the Beta?

+ aaronp01 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

@144 To quote the late Ed McMahon: “You are correct, sir.” I bought myself a subscription for my birthday, and on 9/17, there will be a MAG beta code in my inbox. :)

+ And89LB on August 30th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

im about to subscribe today but i dont know if the beta will be fair with such an awesome gamer like me playing ha!
I PWN ALL!

+ phinnv8 on August 31st, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Socom 1.50 came out and the game finally works properly (after 10 months) and still no DLC. The game is boring anyway as there is no respawn in ranked servers (thus no trophies as it takes forever to do anything). Not to mention the graphics are pretty poor. The shadows, for example, are just terrible on some maps where you almost need night vision when your in shadows in broad daylight.

+ TezLoc on September 1st, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

I want the betta help me

+ Beamer4403 on September 1st, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

im new. this looks cool, could someone tell me how to subscribe to Qore?

+ Dogswithguns on September 1st, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

It’s gonna be the most awesome game ever…. I cant wait.