PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Gamescom: Interview with Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 24, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We hope you enjoyed witnessing the latest scene and characters revealed from Heavy Rain at last week’s Gamescom. But what’s that you say? You have questions?

European Content Producer James Gallagher (aka “Chris Morell with a Fantastic Accent”) anticipated this.

For more news from the Old World, have a look at the excellent European PlayStation Blog. Again, it’s like this one, but with a fantastic accent.

51 Comments

+ Battlehead on August 24th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Nice!

+ SPARDA on August 24th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

This is my MOST anticipated game of 2010.
This is going to be a game like no other
Thanks for posting the interview

SPARDA

+ Kchow23 on August 24th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

I can’t wait for this game… reminds me of many of my favorite movies that successfully bring out different feelings AMAZING!

+ dan1911 on August 24th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

happy end

+ remanutd5 on August 24th, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

1 of my most anticipated games for next year , cant wait to play it

+ BlooodyCow on August 24th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

Jeff, please get the new Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, WKC, and Heavy Rain trailers on the PS store this upcoming Thursday.

Everyone need to see that new Heavy Rain trailer because it is simply amazing. I cannot believe how hype I am for this game now after very little interest in it to begin with.

+ loakum on August 24th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Wow…Not only is Heavy Rain my most anticipated game of 2010, it’s the most important game title to come out in decades. If Quantic Dreams pulls this off, then it will really advance the genre of video games, for adults.

+ mkdj011 on August 24th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

This game really shows off the power of the ps3. Looks like one of the best games in 2010, both in terms of graphics and storytelling, can’t wait.

+ onlineatron on August 24th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

Great interview!

The interviewee seemed an incredibly smart man.

+ evildude683 on August 24th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

Man really good stuff, I completely agree with “loakum” @7

+ Skynetonline on August 24th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

A sad ending?????!! I like sad ending because its more realistic. I do love happy endings tho. I think this game should be done more. I LOVE A GOOD STORY!!!! :)

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 24th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

I’m curious if the UK version of the game will have scenes and particular content that will go censored or otherwise edited in other territories, following release. This was the case with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, so I’m kind of anticipating a similar situation. If that’s the case, it will answer the question of whether or not I will import the game.

Easily one of my most waited-for games.

+ Enforcer_X on August 24th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

“(aka “Chris Morell with a Fantastic Accent”)”
Your good, read my mind!

At any rate it was a solid interview, can’t wait for this game!

+ pecorre on August 24th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

The constest is over.

GotY 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!

(along with The Last Guardian if they release it in 2010…)

+ XScreamingEagleX on August 24th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

wow…

true interactive movie!

i want this, just for the story!

i think even my parent is gonna like it too xD

+ IceCold on August 24th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Looking forward to the game. I hope it turns out to be a classic, innovative title.

+ ffhnod on August 24th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

I was on the bench in the last row on the wall and ate a cheeseburger :D

To Heavy Rain: the game frooze TWO TIMES on TWO different PS3 (Dev-PS3 , the Fat ones)…

and the controls are totally stupid, I played 15 mins until the freeze and didnt come clear with how to interact fluently, is it so different to work with the analog stick? WTF with moving forward with R2???

the grafic wasnt that stunning everybody talks about….

and the storyline is always the same, if you do something wrong : you die , if you do something right the story goes on with a normal plot, just the cutscenes in between are different bunt in the ends its the same…

I am really disappointed in that game…. the only good thing is it plays in philadelphia :D

+ dragonmagician on August 24th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Cannot wait for this game. Please announce a release date soon, so I can mark it on my calendar.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on August 24th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

What’s this about freezes and crashes????
I’ve payed enough money to have Sony send me a used system I’m cool on doing it some more the wallet can only take so much can you say extended service plan Sony can you hear us we are talking you should listen

+ TheGuardianFID on August 24th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Great interview James and fantastic accent :P ;D I can’t wait to delve into this story, it’s gonna be an intense experience, SOLD!!! :D

+ thegamer154 on August 24th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Thanks a lot!

+ almighty-slayer on August 24th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Haha, “Chirs Morrell with a fantastic accent”, nice ;) All of us EU bloggers love James ;) and Jem of course!

+ fan1310 on August 24th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

the video restarts when you roll the mouse over it…

+ station3fever on August 24th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

@17 ffhnod: OK what ever!
Game does sound interesting.

+ RONIN342 on August 24th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

I think it would have been/would be cool if they can make the game record a script of your choices as you play and then play the whole thing back as a cutscene you just watch. Sort of a make your own movie thing and one where everyone who plays ends up with a slightly different movie. Still, as it is, it’s a great looking game and I’m really excited about it.

+ AceNet2 on August 24th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

@17 ffhnod
Just WTH are you babbling about?!

+ dreu81 on August 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

@25

thats a brilliant idea. here’s to hoping something like that is included.

+ dreu81 on August 24th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

*edit* at 26.

+ ZAANOS on August 24th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Awesome interview! The game previews look awesome.

+ DMPrince on August 24th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

i still love chris but james sound awesome with his awesome accent. Heavy Rain will be a great game when it’s released! Cannot wait!

+ FireDragonGod on August 24th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Awessome Style

Hope These 2 Girl Main Characters & 2 Guy Main Characters

+ xiked on August 24th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Its great to hear more of this game and nice to have good question asked. One thing I think is important for quantiq dream and David cage is to heavy explain that it is an thriller/adventure game and not an QTE fest. This is important so this fantastic game will have an success at retail. Just an hint and I have read that David and others have tried to explain that but it can not be said enough.
Good luck! I will by day1! :)

+ MOE-GUNZ-JACKSON on August 24th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Trust me this will be amazing.

If they can pull it off? Trust me they can. Just look at the pure awesomeness of Indigo Prophecy.

This is the game I’m looking forward to the most.

+ poodude on August 24th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

I’m so hyped for this game, I can’t wait.

+ Luillin on August 24th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Let’s face it, James IS sexy…

+ akibake on August 24th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

Thanks for that, Jeff. This is the most substantial Heavy Rain interview, yet.

+ superstewie on August 24th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

old world (lol).
in more than 1 way America is the old world ;)

+ WackyWeedCreed on August 24th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

David Cage is my hero!

+ ADR143 on August 24th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

nice

+ LittleSpaceDoubt on August 24th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Great interview. Is he wearing a shoppers drug mart t-shirt?

+ Red__5 on August 24th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

James talks about how involved the actors are with Heavy Rain, he goes so far as to call the game characters “clones” of their real life counterparts lol!. It would be great if later on we could see interviews with the cast to see what’s their take on the game, much like the interviews we have seen of the Uncharted 2 cast. Possible??

+ Towers76 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

I’m glad someone’s trying to break the mold and explore new possibilities. It can’t all be twitch shooters and bonehead machismo nonsense. I’m intrigued by this game even if it’s a “QTE fest” or a “Dragon’s Lair ripoff” as some are so desperate to write it off as. Every interview I’ve seen David Cage give has left me with the impression this is a guy that is pouring his heart and soul into his game. I look forward to seeing if he can pull off his lofty goals for Heavy Rain.

+ Reaver01 on August 25th, 2009 at 3:13 am said:

Im wondering, but the people developing this game, are they the same developers that made Indigo Prophecy. This game has the same concept as Indigo but with new added features and tweaks. Well just wondering and, this game is gonna be sweet!!!!!

+ Nhilred on August 25th, 2009 at 5:08 am said:

Best facial expressions ever made.

Creators of Fahrenheit = SOLD!

+ lonewolf1994 on August 25th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

heavy rain… uncharted 2….. mag… modern warfare 2… god of war 3….. IM GOING TO BECOME POOR!!!!!!

+ lonewolf1994 on August 25th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

sad endings FTW!~ 1st thing im going to do when i get the game is kill all my characters xD

+ maddymad on August 26th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

A must buy for me! Buy it at day 1, no doubt!!!!

+ p_morin on August 26th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

Is the original version of the game in French or in English?!!! Since I understand both, I would prefer to use the original version…

+ strats83 on August 30th, 2009 at 4:53 am said:

W00T! can’t wait!

+ Dehshizknight on September 1st, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game to come out already! Why must you guys tease me with these interviews and videos? :P