PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Aug 24, 2009 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

The PlayStation Network will undergo maintenance tomorrow, August 25th. Maintenance is expected to start at 8am Pacific and could last for several hours. During this time, users won’t be able to access the store or account management, and may encounter some difficulty while signing in to PSN.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when the PSN is fully back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

143 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ gold5225 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

Update to 3.00 Early please!

+ ten3ightyHD on August 24th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

I was thinking the same thing… LOL

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

Can someone please tell us whether we are getting 3.00 Sept 1st or not because many in the ps forums are thinking the firmware is coming tomorrow. Please set it straight. Thanks!

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 24th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

The firmware update is *not* coming tomorrow. 3.00 is hitting in September, as has been stated.

+ Artificialheart on August 24th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up.

+ AlexPaTruco on August 24th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

#2 same here lol

+ AnyColourYouLike on August 24th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

This is going to interfere with the long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long awaited socom patch.

+ Artificialheart on August 24th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

@#6
I was thinking the same.

+ dulcediana on August 24th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Update to 3.00 with BC!!!

+ gold5225 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Well Eric Lempel Never said when it was coming out so maybe this is actually going to be Firmware 3.00 because we usually are not warned on the blog ahead of time for PSN outages.

+ jadjohnny on August 24th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Hmmm, maybe 3.0 early?

+ dreww3 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

any early update to 3.0 guys?

+ Dailus on August 24th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Oh man this YLOD really sucks. My PS3 breaks right before this awesome update.

Also, my warranty is probably up. Does anyone know if Sony will still fix it?

+ Lambrick on August 24th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

@12 maybe, for a set price, but i’m just guessing.

in a great, perfect world, this maintenance would mean 3.00, for whatever reason. my bet’s on, oh, what’s that word? oh yeah, maintenance.

+ Clay10713 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up on the Maintenance :)

+ mad0joker1995 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

i hope they have been hideing cross game chat in this update from us

+ Aotar on August 24th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

stop the bc nonsense guys, it just wont come back.

+ Goaliegeek on August 24th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

wha? 9am MST? Figures. I go 2 weeks without my PS3 because of YLOD, then right when I pick up my Slim, PSN goes down. :(
oh well. improvements to PSN is always great!

+ Kchow23 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Forget about BC, it isn’t happening… I want some cross game chat and party settings!!

+ AaronF on August 24th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

Everyone, regular scheduled maintenance does not necessarily mean new features or improvements. It could very well mean database optimizations, house cleaning, and other maintenance tasks that have nothing to do with new features.

+ Korbei83 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

Here’s hoping it will be less than three hours and I won’t even notice.

+ Irishmandkg on August 24th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

So we have to wait even longer for the Socom patch……ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!

+ cornagandarub on August 24th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

Hey if this is to prepare for 3.00 or whatever do what you need to do, we can handle it.

+ Tw3nty0ne_21 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

B-b-but the SOCOM Update comes out Tomorrow!

Awww…=(

Oh Well, I GUESS I can Wait..

+ StargamerX on August 24th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

*QUESTION:
Can you still earn trophies if Signed-Out? Batman comes out tomorrow and I want to be able to earn trophies.

+ Kchow23 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

@24

Yes you can

+ Towers76 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

I know this may not be the best place to bring this up but would it be possible to update the PS3 firmware to support scrobbling the music I play to Last.fm? My PS3 has become my principal music player lately (thank you brand new surround sound system!) and having Last.fm support would be a nice, albeit minor feature. Thanks!

+ Erniejpan on August 24th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Regular? right… is this for the 3.00 firmware? ;)

+ DMeisterJ on August 24th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

3.oh!

+ Aggie_CEO on August 24th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

Yea we will go ahead and take 3.0 tomorrow nite please…thanks….lol

ALSO with some new features that you might not have mentioned…like I dunno…Auto syncing trophies??

+ Hakuboshi on August 24th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

geeks

+ TRIX_BOL on August 24th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

Long time no see, Patrick. ;-)

Let us download PS3′s firmware update (v3.0) tomorrow. Please…

Why in the world do we need to wait until PS3 slim is released?

Is just an update, and it would be even easier for SCE because when future PS3 Slim consumers connect it online, they can download software 3.0 right away.

Thank you though.

+ I_am_rushin on August 24th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Guys calm down.

The reason they made this post is because 3.00 is not coming…yet. It’s just that every time there is PSN maintenance everyone gets very hyped up for no reason.

+ Cloud_911 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

@ Goaliegeek

uhh i may be mistaken but i dont think the Slim is released yet so id like to know how u have one…

+ dotCody on August 24th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

What about the over hyped Socom patch?

+ Zemus101 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

@29 Auto Syncing trophies!? Auto syncing trophies?! How lazy are we getting? lol I honestly can’t think of anything to add to this already awesome network. But I love me some new features! Oh! New avatars coming :D can’t wait to check em out

+ KINGof210 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

@32 (I_am_rushin)

Thank you very much! I was about to write the same thing.

+ FlatulentGhost on August 24th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

My god is Sony on fire.

The gaming media is absolutely in a static of panic, despair, and terror over:

$300 PS3 Slim

Firmware 3.0

God like GT5 graphics and gameplay

Uncharted 2′s insane graphics and gameplay

The 8 million and growing massive success of Home

+ Cloud_911 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:49 pm said:

@ FlatulentGhost

….?

+ dulcediana on August 24th, 2009 at 7:49 pm said:

18 I’m sure people like you gonna cry when bc comes this week and your 60 gigs aren’t going to be hot anymore.

+ Cloud_911 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

@ dulcediana

im pretty sure the BC is a hardware plus not a software… otherwise i think maybe IF sony were to bring it back and it was software, ud be buying the software off the PS store… thats my opinion =P

+ redtailman on August 24th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

glad I downloaded the joker early for arkham asylum

+ syk1288 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

I got one question off-topic.

Is the miniS service for the psp going to be like the app store for the iPhone?

For example, on the iPhone anyone in the world could make an app. Doesn’t have a be a game developer or have a publisher.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

My ps3 YLOD on me 3 weeks ago sent it in saturday to you guys. Cna’t wait to pick up slim mybe i will get it from GS tomorro when they say they come out early

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 24th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

3.00 would be good, or maybe its just nothing.

+ syk1288 on August 24th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

And for those who love BC.

Let it go please. It’s not coming back. Forget about it and move on with your lives. Remember how the SNES couldn’t play NES games? The N64 couldn’t play SNES or NES games? The Gamecube couldn’t play N64, SNES, nor NES games?

Sony’s moved on, you should too. Just buy a PS2, if you don’t already have one.

+ DEBO2U on August 24th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

@socom patch ppl, is there any news on new maps?
@update news, great to hear. updates, and maintenance are always good.
from me- Metal Gear Online is my shooter of choice right now. But I’m looking forward to playing more socom soon. With game lauching from Home coming soon new “social features” coming and price drop, it’s SONY FTW!!

+ Skater_Ricky on August 24th, 2009 at 8:01 pm said:

Slim comes out September 1st and this is a Maintance to update things to get ready for new PS3′s meaning more servers, more Options.. Cool down the other servers that we work our hard free time on.. Also it’s to prepare our yes 3.00 for.. But we will see what happens after the dust will show up after the Maintance will show after the Maintance

+ Angelic_Nitemare on August 24th, 2009 at 8:01 pm said:

3.00 3.00 3.00 3.00 3.00 3.00 3.00
PLEASE!!!!!

New STUFF!! =……(

+ FlatulentGhost on August 24th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

PS3 Backwards Compatibility:

60gig hardware EE/GS
after 60gig software EE/hardware GS

There’s no reason that Sony couldn’t come out with a highend full hardware BC PS3 now that they have gotten the manufacturing costs down so low.

PS3 Ultimate
Low power as Slim
As quiets as Slim
Giant harddrive
USB ports on front
Couple USB ports on back
Full 100% BC with hardware EE/GS PS2 chips

I’d buy that even if Sony wanted to charge an insane amount for it.

+ Ultranium on August 24th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

It’s a good thing that i already downloaded the joker dlc. Now i just have to pickup Batman: AA tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2 3