PS4-The Order

Celebrate Crash Commando this Week with New Add-On Content and Free Patch!

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Aug 25, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

Hey, Crash Commando fans! This week we’re launching a bunch of new stuff for Crash Commando including a patch, new characters and a new map pack. Here to talk about it is John McLaughlin from Xdev Studio Europe. Keep an eye out for the patch and DLC, launching this Thursday with the PlayStation Store update.

Attention, Commandos :o)

First of all I’d like to thank the Crash Commando community who are still out there kicking my butt when I manage to find the time to grab a quick game.

I’m pleased to announce that on August 27 we will be releasing a new patch and some new content that I’m sure you will all love.

We are always looking for feedback and listening to what you guys are saying about Crash Commando. We’ve been taking your comments on board and will be releasing a patch with the following improvements:

• Rebalanced primary weapons
  • Portraits of the characters on the standing screen
  • Access to the online store within the game
  • Specific invert axis option for the turret gun
  • Improved sound output levels
  • Taunt animation when standing still added for original characters
  • Improved BOT AI

As well as that we have a bunch of cool new downloadable add-ons for you.

First of all there are the New Recruits, 6 new characters for you to choose from. Each package comes with 2 characters that have a ton of attitude and plenty to say for themselves.

Colonel Chaos & Army Chick

Crash Commando ColonelChaos Crash Commando ArmyChick

Get to der choppaaaa with these two characters. The Colonel is a beefy guy so you best watch out for his lederhosen, and Army Chick may look cute but she packs a mean array of weaponry.

Nukem Ninja & Maid Mayhem

Crash Commando NukemNinja Crash Commando  MaidMayhem

Who’d have thought Ninjas would be so good with Rocket Launchers?? Well the Ninjas in Crash Commando are….As for our resident French maid…..all I will say if you have a moustache then you may be in line for a date ;o)

Gangster Rapper & Reggae Rasta

Crash Commando GangstaRapperCrash Commando ReggaeRasta

Which is best – Rap or Reggae? Well these two guys like to argue with big guns rather than clever lyrics. Why don’t you help them win their argument!!!

We will also be releasing the Heist Map Pack. This contains 2 new large maps for you to wreak destruction on and the all new Heist game mode will test your crash Commando skills to the limit!!

Grab the bag of cash and get to the safe to deposit it. But beware, the bag is heavy and you won’t be able to use any weapons. You have to rely on your team mates for covering fire to keep your opponents away and see you win the day. If you buy this pack you also get to play Heist mode on all the standard maps too. And don’t forget, this pack will add a new bunch of Trophies for you to collect!!

That’s all from me. Remember, keep firing and keep feeding back – we love to read your comments on the game. Oh and do me a favour….next time I’m online, go easy on me :o)

The full game is out now for $9.99, and there is a demo to try it out before you buy. The new map pack will be available this Thursday for $2.99 (trailer below), and each of the three character packs will be available for $1.99. Or, you can pick up the maps and all of the new characters for a steal at $4.99.

115 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Nice stuff!

+ SpiritThief on August 25th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

shame only 90 cents short for maps. Oh well.

+ Slipping_halo on August 25th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Sick!! I love this game!!

+ Black_Ryuk on August 25th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Wow….looks like i better start practicing again

+ evildude683 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Cool great add ons for a game that I thought it was forgotten….keep the good work Daimion!!

+ DKShadow on August 25th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

I’m definately getting this, but what I really want for this game are more modes – CTF please!

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 25th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

I guess, now’s a good time to check this game out, isn’t it?

+ Thakrib on August 25th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

SWEET!!!
Love this game & you guys…keep up the awesomeness :)

+ danscloud9 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

The new Heist Map Pack looks awesome! I’m definitely picking up the $4.99 bundle!

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 25th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Hey, Daimion, the Flickr links bring me to a Yahoo “private page” notice, telling me that I don’t have permissions to view the pics you’ve posted. Applying my Yahoo ID doesn’t resolve. Just an FYI!

+ adolson on August 25th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Highly underrated, under-appreciated game.

+ DoomnY on August 25th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Waiting for price cut and will buy it. GJ.

+ Ausohoj on August 25th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

so we can make 50 cent fight a ninja now? odd but not unwelcome. if only i had the funds to buy this game.

+ cLOLe on August 25th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Oh my god I love you guys. I’ve put more time into this game than I have any other game I own. My only regret is I wish there was more stuff for me to willingly hand over all my money for. I’ll pay for it all. Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

LOVE you guys, way to go on the stuff!

+ joseph2411 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Great more stuff to do so i can get to lvl 25.

+ GT-420 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

AW YEAH! COME AND GET SOME!

+ GT-420 on August 25th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

EPOS comes through BIG TIME, but uh, ONLY two maps? MORE please…

Rebalanced primary weapons? Uh oh?

+ LokeSTL on August 25th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

I bought this game looking for an inexpensive timewaster to grab a few trophies in. Boy was I suprised at how addictive and fun this game is. Glad to see this game get some support. Keep it coming!

+ jncasanova on August 25th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

Awesome!!!!

I wonder how were primary weapons rebalanced, are they weaker or stronger now? I think it’s fine how they are right now.

+ WindedHero on August 25th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Un-privatize the flickr pics… Have to create an account or sign in to view them.

+ WindedHero on August 25th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Apparently you can’t even view them after you’ve signed up/in.

“Oops! You don’t have permission to view this photo. “

+ Maguss on August 25th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Ha sweet I love this game…can’t get the packs now though : (, hopefully by next week!!! Either way I’ll be online kicking butt.

+ Delriach on August 25th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Is that 50 cent O______o?

Either way, this game is amazing and I’m glad that it’s getting more support.

+ GT-420 on August 25th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

REALLY need some new weapons too…. (flame thrower)

+ CRONIC_GAMER on August 25th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Tell Jeff to fix the mobile website I’m sick of not being able to watch the videos I’m especially tired of the blue lego that appears instead fun game though

+ cLOLe on August 25th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

The balancing of the weapons, I have a feeling it has to do with the sniper rifle, and the machine gun. Anyone that plays the game knows that anyone decent wielding a sniper rifle can COMPLETELY dominate a server. And anyone with the machine gun is probably a new kid that is going to die a lot.

Maybe the sniper rifle takes two shots to kill, and the machine gun is more accurate. I like the sniper rifle, so I’m a little nervous. But balance is good, we’ll see how it works out.

+ Falcon_VII on August 25th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

This game is so cool, I hope more people will grab it with the new content out. Wonder if the sniper has been balanced better.

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 25th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

i played this game alot when it first came out. i haven’t played it since i got my new tv, i went back to replay older games. i’ll pick it back up again to see if i can get into the flow of things.

+ GooieGreen on August 25th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Great, I’m so glad you are hardening the hardcore and dividing the audience >,<

+ TheGuardianFID on August 25th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

I love this game, DLC=SOLD!!! :D

+ NeoHumpty on August 25th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Yeah, I haven’t played for a while. Like some others on here, I’m wondering if they weakened the sniper rifle. Hoping not. I like that gun.

+ ghamdikh1 on August 25th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

@Olof Gustafsson

Read this OFFER AND gave me your opinion:

or this

or this

if you interested(EPOS Game Studios) why not give it a try.

+ pasufarin on August 25th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I got this fun game after the last patch (which had a bunch of great new features and updates, including adding Game Launching from Home) and am glad I did. I’ve been waiting to hear more about the DLC that was mentioned in the previous blog post and see that you’ve been working to make the game even better, too! I’m specifically glad to see the invert axis option for the turret gun and will be checking out the DLC.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on August 25th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Two of my fav games get an update this week! FTW!?! Socom and Crash Commando, Thanks Everyone!

+ starBlinky01 on August 25th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

why does gangster look like 50 cent? I hate 50 cent.. I will take pleasure in killing him in this game!!

Did you guys refine the graphics for the hud? Looks like it

+ PSWii2008 on August 25th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

So do these new packs have more trophies, or is the fact that we have these new maps, characters, and modes enough of a reward?

+ EmperorKorea on August 25th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

YO FIDDY

+ money45_ on August 25th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

sweet i got the game for $4.99 nice update

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 25th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

A very solid game, got this one in the summer sale for only 5$

+ Lokiroo420 on August 25th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

Nice job, great game, keep it coming.

+ Thrasher20 on August 25th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

Wow very nice deal

+ Ajkla92 on August 25th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

I wish they will make a singleplayer campaign to show Shadow Complex that it has a competitor.

+ PullusPardusUS on August 25th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

i only wanted Split Screen =[ please?

nice update though going to buy the ninja and maid =]

+ ElectricEnix on August 25th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Awesome! I love me some Crash Commando!

This game is really fun, too bad my PS3 has ylod.

:[

Commando Chick? :p

+ VenomXv on August 25th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Lmao, you guys are awesome. 50 cent is in the game now!

+ chriscowboyd on August 25th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

Does Crash Commando run in 1080p? If not, could you guys upscale it so it will play at that resolution.?

+ KwietStorm on August 25th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

Nice job with the generic, token black characters. Great to see we are always represented well.

+ cLOLe on August 25th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

#47: lol get off it, man. French Maids aren’t all filthy sluts looking to give it up to the nearest rocket up her tailpipe, but where are the tears for them?

His name is “gangster rapper”, do you know many white gangster rappers? I don’t. It’s a game for fun. Relax.

+ SHINSPIKES on August 25th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Do these characters have certain attributes, if not, why even bother. A create a character would have been better.

+ Double0M on August 25th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

Why haven’t i heard of this game before. Looks real fun.

PAGE 1 2 3