PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Over 100 New Pieces of Content Releasing This Thursday in PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Aug 26, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Attn: Killzone 2 fans. We’ve seen you in Central Plaza all decked out in your Helghan wares. We’ve seen you in the Bowling Alley showing your love for the ISA. We’ve heard you proudly boasting your Warzone rank in the Gamer’s Lounge. So we know that this Thursday, August 27th, you’ll be rushing into PlayStation Home to grab the new KZ2 content we’ll have waiting for you – specifically, the Killzone 2 Visari Throne Room.

This special personal space is based on the final stage of Killzone 2 in Scolar Visari’s Palace and is the absolute ideal gathering space for you and your KZ2-obsessed friends. Releasing in tandem with the Visari Throne Room will be a variety of virtual items that you can use to customize your area (including the Helghan Defense Painting – my personal fave). Check out the video below for a sneak peek of this space and other Killzone 2 items available in PlayStation Home.

We know that you guys and gals love collecting personal spaces, furniture, and gear for your avatar, which is why we’ve been working night and day to make this publish the biggest ever virtual items content release in PlayStation Home. In addition to the Killzone 2 Visari Throne Room, we’re also dropping an all-new, all-original personal space on you. The new Post-Apocalyptic Apartment is sure to appeal to your inner Road Warrior, and to celebrate its unveiling we’re offering a value bundle of furniture that runs the gamut from chairs to couches to tables to flooring to storage to assorted décor all at a special introductory price that just can’t be beat. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We have approximately 70 items total being released just for this personal space, so the customization options for this area alone are virtually endless.

But that’s not all. No siree. Come this Thursday, you’ll also be able to rep your favorite big cities with the release of some new animated t-shirts that broadcast your hometown pride. And are those animated glow sticks I see too? Watch the video down there and let me know that my mind ain’t playing tricks on me.

As always, this week is jam-packed with events – and we’re counting on seeing you at all of them. Head on over to the official Home Clubs and Events sub-forum at www.us.playstation.com for more details about our daily game launching parties…and a special celebrity look-a-like event planned for this Thursday in PlayStation Home where you can win some of the rarest items ever to appear in our world.

See you in Home!

152 Comments

+ Lokiroo420 on August 26th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

EA is responsible for Sony not having x game chat and in game music for all games. I will no longer purchase EA games, and will advise all PS3 owners to do likewise. Spread the word let everyone know, this will not be accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ poweredbyzen on August 26th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

i’m ready to spend money – bring it!

+ Thrasher20 on August 26th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Nice, PS Home is always evolving :)

+ skrillazoe on August 26th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

ehh…only the obsessed will like

+ footballrule on August 26th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

This update is awesome! Can’t wait

+ NukePistols on August 26th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Most of the people on my friends list I met on Home. Also, why would you want Netflix? There’s already a video store where you can buy or rent movies and tv shows, and better yet, there’s no subscription needed for that.

+ Bulletpainpills on August 26th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

What? No pics of the Post-Apocalyptic Apartment? Every time I hear that, I think of Fallout. We’ll just have to wait till tomorrow.

+ retro25 on August 26th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

100 new stuff at PS Home? SWEEEEEET!!!

+ JupiterUnleashed on August 26th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

these items are free right? cause no way in hell i’m going to pay for these.

+ Antonisbob on August 26th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

these items are free right? cause no way in hell i’m going to pay for these.

+ Axecution on August 26th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

“IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING!”

LOL. Best slogan ever. Seriously.

+ D4RkNIKON on August 26th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Ok this has to be said, and I hope the right people read it..

I love the end of both videos where it says
It
Only
Does
EVERYTHING

Please continue to push this marketing campaign slogan, it really sums up the highlights of the PS3 functionality, my only complaint was that they went by too fast to read.

+ xplosneer on August 26th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

I’d really like to see just some more modern stuff. Also, the ability to change the color/wood tone of furniture and resize the picture frame would be great too.

+ limitt_45 on August 26th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

The only thing home is missing is a 3rd person shooter game. Free to play but you can buy other guns for a small fee. Sony if your listening DO IT!!!

+ mikedo2007 on August 26th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

This is cool. I’m going to check it out tomorrow.

+ made07 on August 26th, 2009 at 9:33 pm said:

This is completely worthless

Get your Portable ID!

+ burnsideking24 on August 26th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

its already midnight (almost 1) here where i live but there is no 100 items…. nothing was added yet

+ burnsideking24 on August 26th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

o wait nvm

+ burnsideking24 on August 26th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

now its thursday XD

+ EduardoPSF97 on August 26th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

Any info of Home in México????

+ superstewie on August 26th, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

there should really be games held in the PSN world :D
i mean sorta like a mmo world which u could join, for payment and for free of course ;)

but i don’t know how the system works.

+ WastelandDan on August 26th, 2009 at 10:44 pm said:

As a huge Fallout3 fan who just won the free grungy medic(med-x on arm!) shirt in the Infamous space I couldn’t be happier to hear that were getting a space to go along with my avatars new look.

I personally think home is better than a chat,and a heck of a way to wait for the store to update.

+ flamingchalupa on August 26th, 2009 at 10:56 pm said:

Dang over 100 new items?!?!! Thats insane!!!!…in a good way

Ohh yeah props on the Visari throne room space. Radec was a pain in my butt and now i have the satisfaction of gloating while i sit in Visari’s throne :D Once again thanks for the update PSHome guys!!

+ Tank1889 on August 26th, 2009 at 10:59 pm said:

PLEASE LET THERE BE TVS AND STEREO SYSTEMS WHO CARES FOR THE REST JUST PLEASE LET IT BE THOSE TWO.

+ Dead-M on August 27th, 2009 at 1:02 am said:

You REALLY have to change the endig of each clip that says: ‘PlayStation’ with a really annoying voice :(

+ CherylRose on August 27th, 2009 at 1:04 am said:

@49

Ps3 plays ps1 games, why not ps2, I have hundreds of PS2 games and maybe 20 ps3 games. I bought a ps3 only when my ps2 broke, luckily I found a backwards compatible one, because if I hadn’t, I would have just bought another ps2 instead, Sony is hurting themselves by not including a feature that would cost them practically nothing to add.

Oh yeah I’m totally sure NO ONE wants to talk to multiple friends at once, definitely not. Wow. If you want to sit quietly in front of your system, then do that, but for the thousands of people requesting it, it is a big deal. I even want multi-video chat to be added, because that is a feature I would use. and by the way, I am not 11 and I know hundreds of people that want a party chat. None of which are 11.

_

Yay glow sticks! when it says 70 items that isn’t included in the apartment, right? If the space is $5 or less I’ll buy it (the new apartment, not the killzone one)

+ rejurg on August 27th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

Wow thats great.

+ styke3 on August 27th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

that is kool and maby the next idea is a swimsuit outfit for males and females?

+ GordaGotica on August 27th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

@ Styke3

They already released a bikini suit for the girls… in Japan PSN. I hope it’s in the update today! :-D

+ Jayson619 on August 27th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Are those hooded tops on sale in Asia Home yet?

+ Wolverine8780 on August 27th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Killzone 2 a disappointment to me .. not deserving of a space…. and yeah decent update to say the least , but it wont be a great update to me till they bring back Public voice chat.

+ DryvBy on August 27th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

@49
Dude, cross chat would be pretty nice actually. Voice chatting in a private channel wouldn’t be that hard. Heck, I thought Sony originally was using Xfire in games (as in Untold Legends, the only PS3 game to support it).

And BC is a big request from many owners, as why I refuse to buy older Xbox games cus of their lack of BC. I currently have the original PS3 with the emotion chip, so I’m set but I’d love to whip out some X-Men Legends 2 or Time Splitters 3 with friends. What is it with gamers today. Why even buy games if you’re never gonna replay them. Same with movies. That’s a waste of money. You’d be better just sticking with a GameFly account.

+ sozo- on August 27th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

I’m still trying to find all this new stuff. A few apts. a few city animate shirts, a geek outfit.

So where’s the shrinking potion? or some really cool stuff. Where’s there previews for the items? though we were getting the updates that were previously mentioned.

Kudo’s for the new stuff and for trying but I wish they would put something on Home that I actually wanted.

I also still think $5. is too high for a space. I think $1.99 should be the price esp. since you have to then turn around and buy more crap if you want to decorate it.

+ Lady_Vixxen on August 27th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Okay, so I purchased the Post-Apocalyptic Apartment. It’s pretty cool, but kind of sucks with no furniture. Where is this nice bundle of furniture with the special introductory price that you speak of? Each of those lovely 70 items are 99 cents each. I refuse to kick out 70 bucks on furniture for one place. Hopefully there will be some sort of update later with this phantom bundle.

+ Novalux on August 27th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Woohoo! More stuff to do nothing with!

+ Match_98 on August 27th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

y no store update today its is 9pm est wtf?

+ poweredbyzen on August 27th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

where’s the “value bundle furniture that just can’t be beat?!”

+ nutellapr on August 27th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

The animated shirts are retarded. What next, touch sensitive shirts? Heat sensitive?

+ billa123 on August 30th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

lister best idea

football tops like man u and many more plz do this it will be to good

+ anti_bio on September 2nd, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

thats awesome thanx

+ BearBrad on September 2nd, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

How about adding the ability to try on wearables or check out other items before buying? You don’t buy a house without walking through it first do ya?

Oh, and get rid of that awful background color in the store previews. You almost can’t read the item description because the background color is too close to the text color.

+ boba1019 on September 6th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Would it be possible to add green hair to the color menus? customizable colors for default clothes that came with Home… (instead of a black tank top, I could make it white or something…) or (instead of a white shirt) … better color options for clothing (customizable) — BUT HOPEFULLY GREEN HAIR will be available? P.S. – Green Earth DAy is almost here…ehem. Yea! GREEN
Maybe some form of clothing similar to the 30s gangster clothes… (suits, coats, and jackets) and gloves… oh my! YAYAY

THX U

+ boba1019 on September 6th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Would it also be possible to add Black shades (sunglasses) similar to the default red sunglasses?

THX

+ boba1019 on September 9th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Is it ever going to happen? NIGHT TIME… or at least a dusk setting… for party goers and all, especially puts emphasize on the glow sticks that are available… just a thought!
YAYAY

THX

+ Isaac_techno on September 9th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

i have the new playstation 3 slim

+ Isaac_techno on September 9th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Why i cant enter to PLAYSTATION HOME

+ Too_Good_97 on September 11th, 2009 at 1:01 am said:

New to PS3. I enjoy it alot, the HOME is pretty creative. Could use a lil more activity. Its like the SIMS but with alot less to do. I have all 3 gaming systems (360, PS3, wii). But i have to say, as of the present, 360 has the online gaming world on LOCK. Its a lot easier to navigate and contact your friends online. Not to mention you can “Show offline” so when you dont feel like being bothered noone even knows youre online. But PS3 is free, and ya gotta love that. ;). Keep up the good work, youre heading in the right direction.

+ HolliHandGrenade on September 11th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Loving all the new items now available on home :) thx guys keep it up; and don’t forget about us girl gamers

+ Ma1nframe on September 21st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

WTF is home? lol

I tried it ONCE..it corrupted my HDD and I almost had a BREAKDOWN once I got a message saying my hdd was corrupted and press OK to repair…thankfully everything was ok but PHEW>.

HOME = EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

what a useless piece of software…YIKES is anyone even IN home? LOL

joke

+ uwilDIE on September 22nd, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

Ihop to play u all again.killzone is the best game made.My system being fix.