PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Fate/Unlimited Codes Fights its Way to PSN Next Week

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Aug 27, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

What’s up PlayStation Nation? Unfortunately, I’ve been banned from doing comment contests, but I’ll make sure I think of something cool to do on my blog in the near future. (The PSB servers can’t handle us, lol)

Anyway, I’m here to talk about Capcom’s next fighting game, Fate/Unlimited Codes, specifically designed for the PSPgo. This game will be available next week, September 3, and is exclusive to the PlayStation Network. Fate is developed by Eighting, the talented group responsible for the Bloody Roar series and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Based on the popular Japanese visual novel/anime, Fate/unlimited codes takes place in a local town in Japan where 7 pairs of ‘Masters’ and ‘Servants’ compete for the ‘Holy Grail’ that will grant them any wish. This compelling combat experience features a deep roster of characters and unique fighting moves, while employing a fast-paced, weapons-based fighting system that is sure to meet any Capcom fans highest expectations. It also features beautiful 3D graphics and a pseudo-3D fighting system. (Side-stepping evades FTW!)

Kazuhiro Tsuchiya, the producer of this game and known for his work on the Street Fighter Alpha series, loves the PS community and wants to share a few things about Fate. Take it away Tsuchiya-san!

Fate/unlimited codes is an ultimate fighting game made available on PSP, which was originally a popular arcade VS fighting game in Japan. In addition to arrangements made to fit to the PSP platform, almost all the fighting systems known for Capcom games and Fate’s original systems have been implemented to enhance the gameplay.

Speedy combination attacks are the core of this game. You’ll discover a very intuitive move canceling system that adds variety and depth to the gameplay. For instance, while you are attacking your opponent with a sequence of combos, your opponent dodges, then counters with a special move. You can swiftly cancel your own move to throw a counterattack! This is sure to excite even the most seasoned fighting gamer.

Of course, high level techniques are not all what Fate is about. Each command input is made so simple that anyone can freely play any character. The in-depth training mode will allow anyone from the beginner to the veterans to improve their moves.

Additionally, the game content is as voluminous as a packaged version. It offers 17 playable characters, 8 game modes, 250+ stage missions, and more to meet your expectations.

Next week, I’ll share with you about enriched game modes and unique characters. Stay tuned!

Kazuhiro Tsuchiya (CAPCOM)

Tsuchiya-san is one cool cat. I played against him at Comic-Con and he demolished me with his Shiro, pulling off push blocks, air combos, and special cancel links to ultra combos. I was not worthy.

I’ll leave you with these short, but flashy combo videos. ‘Till next time my friends!

/>

/>

-John “HIERO9D3” Diamonon

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ffhnod on August 27th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

a.. not my type of games i like, but looks interessting because of the HP-bar :D

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Eh, buy it anyways! :)

+ Erniejpan on August 27th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

I want Monster Hunter on PS3.

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

no more comment contests? :(

oh and this isnt Playstation Nation its Playstation Blog

Playstation Nation is the one giving away the warhawk games

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

What???? Where am I?

+ daniel3334 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

cool cant wait. hey john, hope to see u online soon so we can play flock or something else. SF4??

+ danscloud9 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Banned from doing comment contests?! That sucks!!!
The game looks awesome!

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

If you like fighting games, this one is the shiz.

+ Wompdevil on August 27th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

First day buy for me! Though I think I’m going to need a bigger boat… I mean mini stick pro duo card to handle all these download only games on my PSP 3000 model.

BTW, you should get some kind of PS trophy John for all the PS blogs you have broken

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Thanks Womp! You won\’t be dissapointed.

+ xeno3d on August 27th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Hey John!

when do we find out who won the MvC2 vinyl?

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

I\’ll post the winners next blog. Man, I have so much spam on my mail. Never again. LOL.

+ GAT305 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

damn this looks like a badass psp game! im gonna get it just gotta wait till oct 1 to pick up my psp go i got on hold :)… by the way i really hope you guys have dissidia up on the psn by then also crisis core and chains of olympus wouldnt hurt either :)

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Nah, don\’t wait.

+ daniel3334 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

pretty sad psb doesnt want the free publicity of your contest. hell, they get paid to fix server crashes. why they cryin about having to do their job? would rather set on their ass and drink coffee i guess.how lame psb

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Nah man, they\’re cool. They just can\’t handle us. :)

+ TrueFFVIIFan on August 27th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks for the update. This is going to be a Day One Purchase for me. :-)

+ acerazer1 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Ahhhh darn, banned from comment contests. Stay strong John D, don’t let the Man hold you down!

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

lol. Jeff\’s the man. And he\’s tall enough to hold me down. Um, that didn\’t sound right.

+ Onna76_NL on August 27th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Ey look we got here?! Trying to break the posting record on the blog *ROTFL*

Grz, Anouschka (FB)

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

Hey Anou! See you on FB!

+ GamerMoney on August 27th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

looks cool, i’ll pick it up…ps3 needs a new next gen bloody roar btw with 1080p graphic

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 27th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Looks fun, and is pretty to a fault, though I was never one for fighting games. My first and love love for that genre, is and always will be Tobal No.1.

+ megamixer on August 27th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I saw Saber Lily and hhnngghh’d! :p

Looks really fun, shame about the price though. $30 is the cost of most retail PSP games. You’d think being digital-only we would get a better deal but I guess not. :(

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

now i want a new bloody roar. good thing the first one is on psn. i have to checkout this fate game as well.

+ zeePh3nom on August 27th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

great news! the novel was brilliant and the game looks amazing :D

+ typikal82 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

cool

+ Jewdo on August 27th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

I’ve seen the anime Fate/stay Night, it was a top notch show, will this be playable on PS3?

+ mckg123456789 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

the game looks interesting. First day buy seeing that i enjoyed the anime ALOT! (BOUGHT THE BOX SET) I have a question, where does the games story takes place? is it before, during, or after Fate/stay night story arc?

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Man, that\’s a great question and I\’m truly ashamed that I don\’t know the answer. I
    ll have to research this and get back to you. Tsk Tsk John D!

+ Vaughn21 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

@2nd post. I’m with you. Give me MH on PS3 Capcom!

+ OverlordSpike on August 27th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

nniicceeeee john! this looks really good ;)

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

Sup Overlord!

+ VentZX on August 27th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Are there any big differences between the JPN PS2 version and PSP in terms of content or is it a 1:1 port with some tweaks(additional moves, PSP focused controls and adhoc).

Would be great if everything makes it into the PSP version.

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

There are more missions, PSP focused controls, more costume and balancing tweaks. This is better than the PS2 version.

+ mckg123456789 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

I have notice some characters that are in the Fate/Stay Night anime but are somewhat leftout, but in the game it seems they play a bigger role. Is the game mixing the 3 basic arcs of the fate series or does the game have a story seperate from the Fate arcs?

+ mafecto on August 27th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Hey John

WHERE THE F*** IS OUR LOST PLANET 2 DEMO?!

+ little_big_kill on August 27th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Anyone want to know the REAL reason there’s no cross-game chat? Check out this thread:

It’s EA.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on August 27th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Whenever I see the name Unlimited Codes, the code parts throws me off to make me look at the bottom of the blog post looking for a game code =(

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

Bwahahaha….my codes are definitely limited.

+ Destiny89 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Very nice! im buying this :)

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 27th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

MHP3 and MH3 on PS3 with connectivity between the two or bust.

+ VentZX on August 27th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

@24

The Story mode is extremely short and goes like this:

-Short introduction with artwork
-2 destiny fights chitchat
-Ending with artwork

and in terms of content of the story it’s more like very short alternative stories in the standard Fate story, depending on which character you’re playing. So don’t expect too much from that mode.

+ WestSiide on August 27th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

what makes this game “specific” on the pSpgo? I’m sure it would play on all pSp models but how was it specifically made for the go?

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Well, it will play on all models. What I was trying to say is that it takes advantage of digital distribution.

+ Crimson_Ryan on August 27th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Excuse me, Mr. Diamond. But why can’t you just do a “First 10 people to message me on PSN gets free codes!” and do it like that? They can’t kill the PSN.

Oh, and because I thought it up, I think I deserve a code. :P

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

LOL..well, that\’s not totally fair to people in different time zones. I think.

+ HJayZ91 on August 27th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

R1 to shoot and L1 for grenades in Lost Planet 2 PLEASE!!!

If there are Trophies in SSFIITHDR, I would buy it, so make it happen.

Also, make Capcom vs. SNK 2 HD Remix, or even better, Capcom Vs. SNK 3!!!

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

Thanks for the suggestions. The devs read this blog.

+ Crotin on August 27th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Aww…I thought Fate/Unlimited Codes meant unlimited free codes from John Diamonon, the best PS Blogger of all-time! :) (crosses fingers)

+ RPKK on August 27th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Aww whaaaat?! No more PSB comment contest. D:

Anyway, the game looks FUN! Any chances of a demo being released?

&I (including millions of others) want some Monster Hunter awesomeness on our PS3s!

+ TLM2501 on August 27th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

how is it doing the ad hoc online?? Does this mean the ad hoc party is coming to America soon??

+ Letters2Kay on August 27th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Looks really good and I’m glad it’s coming to North America! I hope it’s not more than $15 or $20 because I’m short on cash this month. I may have to wait… I was going to re-buy the Capcom Classics Collections digitally (already have the UMDs) but they are just too expensive. :(

+ Jeigh on August 27th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Aw, John D, did you break the blog one too many times? XD Don’t listen to the third comment- we ARE the PlayStation Nation. Someone simply took that name after the fact. Loving the look of the game- thanks for showing it off for us! =)

That IS kind of messed up with the Lost Planet 2 demo, but so long as we get it some time before its release.

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Thanks Jeigh.

+ Ruffday on August 27th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Can we get Rival Schools already?

+ Antonisbob on August 27th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

weres PS store update?

+ phinnv8 on August 27th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

*sigh* if only there were RPGs for PS3…

+ Axecution on August 27th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Lmfao@being banned from the contests.
xD I love that guy.

Anyway, i’ll have you know that whenever i get a PSPGo! im gonna buy this game. My custom firmware PSP broke thanks to Rock Band and it’s pesky make-me-push-the-L-button-too-hard-ness.
So yeah! Whenever the PSPGo! comes out, this will probably be one of my first games i get for it. :D
And, the first game i’ve bought since… Ape Escape On The Loose? D:
>.>

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

You don\’t have to wait for the PSPgo to get this.

+ angelcoma on August 27th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

No more contest? They be hating….

This looks good

+ XxBigP123xX on August 27th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Still waiting for RE2…at least its been rated by the ESRB for the PSN.

+ Berae on August 27th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

Lost planet 2 demo?

+ ndw4 on August 27th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

@26-lol,have you seen the EA Forums?They’re freaking disgusting.

+ Onna76_NL on August 27th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

@John, sure will, your little girl is the cutest ;-)

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

Awww…thanks!

+ katsuo7171 on August 27th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

LOL, I finished watching this anime last year on Christmas Eve on The PS3 browser. ;)
However, it was called Fate Stay Night. Did they Change the name?

Also How can this be specifically designed for the PSP Go and released tomorrow when the PSP Go doesn’t come out until October 1st?

Do I smell a developer leak? Breaking news PSP Go ships September 1st alongside the PS3 Slim for 199.99 :O

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Fate Stay Night is part of the Fate series.

+ katsuo7171 on August 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Wait nevermind I just read John D’s reply to comment number 31.

I feel stupid now. :(

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

nah, my comment may have been a little misleading.

+ Anubis80 on August 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

No more contests? Oh man that sucks. I always seem to miss them but atleast I had a chance to get something.

+ John Diamonon on August 27th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

No, that\’s not the end of my contests…just the comment spamming type.

PAGE 1 2 3