PS4-The Order

Rock Band Unplugged On the PSPgo

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Aug 27, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Not too long ago, Rock Band Unplugged made its debut on the PSP-3000 system. We’ve seen a great response to the game and now Rock Band Unplugged is coming to PSPgo!

For a limited time, when you purchase a PSPgo system, you’ll have access to a PlayStation Network downloadable voucher for Rock Band Unplugged Lite. This lite version of Rock Band Unplugged will allow you to play five full tracks. Plus, you can create your own personalized version of the game by purchasing your favorite Rock Band songs from the PlayStation Network. Now the only instrument you’ll need to rock anywhere is the PSPgo system!

PSPgo with Rockband

Again, quantities are limited so be sure to mark your calendar for October 1.

373 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ BurntOrange32 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

I’ve got Rock Band Unplugged for my PSP, and I was happy to hear rumors that PSP Go buyers might get the game with it, and I already have a pre-order for a PSP Go. But a lite version? Really?! This is disappointing… especially since I haven’t heard anything new about the UMD-PSP Go conversion… I was really hoping I could continue playing Rock Band when I switched to the PSP Go. :(

+ RecoilX on August 27th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Does that mean I can use Rock Band DLC with the lite version or is that Rock Bank Unplugged DLC only?

+ alza3em_94 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I already bought the UMD version .. how can i transfer it to psp go?

+ zabkaatlarge on August 27th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

We’re getting ripped off by not getting even a full game bundles with it. The Europeans get GT PSP which is great and all we get is some extended demo.

+ Dorian_D on August 27th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

How much is the new PSP Go when it debuts in October?

+ gdogg666 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

bad move sony really bad move put something worthwhile and i may think about gettin a psp go but if not whats the point after all u need net to get any game off the psp go which is a downfall of the psp go and u would also need wireless net as well epic fail sony add a decent game at least hell put a voucher in it that would allow the buyer to get one psp game off the psn store for free that will get more people to buy the psp go

+ gamer812 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Solid idea to push the digital-only system.

+ R3co on August 27th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

LAME, LAME, LAME!
Here have a Demo and we’ll give Europe Gran Turismo, thanks for nothing SONY. BOO SONY :(

Way to insult your loyal fans some more.

+ ARCtrooper_mark on August 27th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

what the–?? Yet Europe gets GT for PSP?

Rock Band lite? Are you kidding me Sony?

We’re gonna drop $250 on this thing and you give us “Rock Band lite”?? Oooh!!! 5 whole tracks, you say?!

Wow.

Keep your stupid voucher. It’s insulting. I don’t need “rock Band lite” taking up space on my Go.

+ outcelgeist on August 27th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

People need to stop complaining about absolutely everything that is posted in the blog.

+ Asylum3395 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

I just got back from canceling my PSP Go since I dont feel like getting ripped off.

+ Asylum3395 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

@outcelgeist you want people to stop complaining yet your doing the same thing you complain about them doing it

+ linebeginstoblur on August 27th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Nice! I’ve been looking for a way to regret buying my PSP-3000 RBU bundle! :’(

+ INTVGene on August 27th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

Hello store?

+ ApatheticPaladin on August 27th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Now, instead of buying Rockband for 29.99 you get it for the low price of (41-5)*1.99 = $71.64 (assuming I can download all the songs originally on Rockband Unplugged and they are full price–even at half price you still pay more). So I still have to buy the actual game anyway.

+ JinZX1 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

so aside from a new system, what do the North American consumers get when we purchase a PSPGo? Don’t get me wrong, a demo of Rock Band Unplugged is great and all, but i’d like a copy of Gran Turismo just like my fellow Euro-gamers.

+ Sylvrfonic on August 27th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

In a vacuum this voucher is good. Its a brilliant way to bring awareness to a good game and create revenue for a valued partner (Harmonix).

But, as a US consumer…..Are you serious?! SCEE manages a full version of a game that has been highly anticipated since 2004 and the best you have to offer us is a platform through which we can give you more of our money after we are already expected to pay the Sony “Premium” tax for a console that offers us very little in terms of new features.

It’s crap, you know it’s crap and you’re abusing the wallets of your most loyal, undervalued demographic. The early adopter.

Well played SCEA. Well played.

+ linebeginstoblur on August 27th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Sorry, just skimmed over it. With only five songs, I prefer my full RBU, but still, I’m still not sure if I made the right decision. =/

+ TuxBobble on August 27th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

@addyjones1234

That’s not really true either. Europe complains about not getting stuff too. And rightfully so–Europe hasn’t been treated well by the gaming industry for years now. But that doesn’t make it any more right what they’re doing to NTSC gamers now…

+ ivedoneyourmom on August 27th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

It’s a free gift, so I wouldn’t call it garbage. It is a bit disappointing that Europe gets a better gift, but they generally gets screwed anyway. Besides, you can still download and use extra content, which is cool. I actually think other games should be done like that, singstar for instance. If the game was downloadable, and then I chose what songs I want that would be great, there are a lot of songs that I would probably never do in Singstar because I don’t care for them. Think of RB Unpluged Lite in that regards.

+ WastelandDan on August 27th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Ewww, thats not right… something this LIGHT should never compete with a full title included bundle. Whoever makes up the bundles should be fired! I mean come on Beats was pushing it with size and content but something even smaller and weighed against GT. Do you really think Rock Band is that good?? Well its not…so yea…bad form, bad form…

+ InfinitiProject on August 27th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

I’m happy with my 2000 Slim. What I want to know is WHERE IS THE STORE UPDATE!? I’ve have RBU songs on my list to buy and make videos of!

+ acerazer1 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Wow a whole five songs. Well, I guess I can’t complain too much since it’s free.

+ DemonOfRazgriz07 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

i had no idea about Europe’s GT bundle, but just because we’re not getting it also doesn’t fill me with rage like most of you. you all need to chill the hell out. cancelling your preorder because they’re throwing in something at no extra cost?? i preordered mine not knowing of ANYTHING getting bundled, because I DON’T CARE. I just want the system as is, and i’d be grateful for it. you greedy people make me sick.

+ Enigma777 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Dear Sony,

You didn’t need to include a voucher with the PSPGo. A simple card that had the words “F**K YOU” on it would have been sufficient to pass along the message…

+ onlineatron on August 27th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

So.

Europe gets the FULL version of GT PSP

US gets a bare bones version of Rock Band…

Nice try Sony… But there is NO way your gonna get me to put 250 down a handheld that…

1) Has less features than a 3000

2) Has NO built in camera or camera support at all

3) Will gave ridiculous game prices… for games I could buy for a lot less NEW off the internet!

+ ARCtrooper_mark on August 27th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

@Sony

Please, I (as I’m sure many other readers) would love an explanation as to why SCEE can manage giving GT PSP and we here in the US are getting a glorified demo that obviously no one wants/cares about. That’s what I got from reading all the previous posts. No one said “Oh sweet, Rock Band Lite! I can’t wait!”. No. Obviously we all want GT. If SCEE can manage, then what gives?

p.s. Everyone saying that Europe gets screwed; I only partially agree. Sure often they wait longer for games and such. However, more often than not, they get better bundles and limited editions (i.e. limited ed. PSP colors/bundles, etc.) that will never see the light of day here in the US. So consider that. I would say that the US gets the short end of the stick from Sony.

+ Antonisbob on August 27th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Hello store?

+ IceCold on August 27th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

I definitely do not respect a lite version of a game. Raise the bar make it a full online bundle. New psogo get voucher for full game. You can practically make any bundle.

+ Seph_luis_br on August 27th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Let me see if I understand.
A Lite/demo version of a game on a console witch purpose is to play full games without the UMD drive ?
This is lame.
Europeans are getting the full version as far as I know.
So what happened to we get this Lite/Demo version ?
Fix it, there’s still time.

+ SuperPac on August 27th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

This really pales in comparison to the offer extended to European consumers. You give Europeans the full version of a new game and US gets a demo of Rock Band Unplugged. Even Nintendo had a better deal with giving early DSi buyers a $10 credit to buy what they wanted from the DSi downloadable store.

+ DonnyG on August 27th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Nice bonus but the Go is still $250 so no thanks.

+ IceCold on August 27th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I definitely do not accept a lite version of a game. Raise the bar make it a full online ge bundle. You can practically make any bundle that way. Since you can limit production cost by a Finite amount of voucher how about a voucher worth 9.99 to be used to purchase any game in the store.

+ DaMann22 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

Where’s the store???

As for the bonus? Im still getting the pspgo launch as I have already decided. But this is not going to get any one else who is on the fence to preorder or those who are debating to get it depending on the incentive.

Also if we didnt have the european gt promotion as a base of comparision, this would be a better looking offer.

+ zooyork198 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

I think it wud be nice 2 hav the PSP Go. It seems like….idk it just seems cool. But it’s not a necessity, especially since cant play umd. Plus it’s 2 expensive because a lot of ppl already hav a PSP. I still got my Original PSP lol

+ onlineatron on August 27th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Nice Try Sony.

Europe gets FULL GT PSP Game

US Gets BARE BONES Rock Band….

It’s gonna take a lot more than that to make me put down 250 for the GO.

1) It’s got no camera functionality… it should have one built-in for the price tag.

2) It lacks hardware that the 3000 has, meaning it should be cheaper.

3) Prices for downloadable games a way too expensive considering I could get them for a fraction of the price on UMD from amazon.

So… DROP THE PRICE, or be prepared for no one to buy the PSP-GO.

+ Pokemoonony on August 27th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Wheres my store?

+ onlineatron on August 27th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Sony… LISTEN TO YOUR FANS.

Everyone on this blog are PlayStation fans… yet I can’t see anyone here liking A) This offer or B) The GO’s Price tag.

Fix it … there’s still time.

At least offer Rock Band full, or even Rock Band Lite for every purchase… not just the first few!

+ Skater_Ricky on August 27th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

a Free Voucher for GT please for PSPGo.. You can’t stiff the USA with a demo basicly

why do you think the USA need rock band more then GT

you have loyal GT fans in the USA

come on what person in the USA don’t like cars??

Got you there ;D

+ psyXcho on August 27th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

I really don’t want GT but put something better than a demo with DLC… Hell put a few Hits titles in there but $250 is pathetic for just a neutered console…

+ Antonisbob on August 27th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

mybe if there was GT, i might save up for a psp thing, but these new ones look weird, i would buy an original for like $100 an then go buy GT

+ addyjones1234 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

@TuxBobble

yeah i agree but we get told to stop complaining so it’s only fair:P

+ specialist08 on August 27th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

what the hell happened to the PlayStation store update. I guess stiffing people is your new way of saying that you to all your loyal fans. first that crappy RBU demo with the psp go, now no store update. Thank you Sony for all the disappointing moments you have givin us.

+ TctclMvPhase on August 27th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

Is there any chance this Rockband Lite will be available to buy as well?

I wouldnt mind paying $10 or so, to get the engine and five tracks. I would much prefer this to buying the full game, not playing a bunch of the tracks and then spending a bunch on DLC for songs I really want to play…

+ awsome_robot on August 27th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

i get it, this is a joke blog, lol. you almost had me… 5 songs, just brilliant. relax people, its just a distraction to keep us from waiting on the store update.

Oh! its not a joke. My bad.

+ xeno3d on August 27th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

Where’s the store update?

+ Bobflac on August 27th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

sry keep ur pspgo got better things to spend my money . and to the clown that us not to complain we are consumers if we don’t being shafted we have a right to say something if u don’t like don’t read it

+ Moosehole on August 27th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Did you guys forget it is Thursday or are you just terrible at your jobs?

+ tagout on August 27th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

lol, a demo. Really, Sony? Give me a $20 PSN Card instead.

+ Losingrip on August 27th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

Post the update so I can complain about how bad it is :|

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8