Bloodborne

EyePet in Stores on November 17

Erin English's Avatar + Posted by Erin English on Aug 28, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Hi everyone! We have been talking about EyePet for quite some time now, and I’m happy to let everyone know that we now have a US release date for all you pet lovers who are anxious to get their hands-on EyePet. Just in time for the holidays, EyePet will be available in stores across North America beginning on November 17 for $39.99. For those of you who don’t have a PlayStation Eye, we will be offering a special bundle for $59.99, which will include EyePet and the PS Eye.

If you aren’t familiar with EyePet, it’s basically all the fun of owning a pet without the mess! Featuring next generation augmented reality, EyePet delivers an interactive lifelike, virtual pet right into your own living room using the PS Eye. He will respond and relate to movements in your own world. Pet him, and he will purr. Tickle him and he will laugh. Roll a ball to him and he will chase it. You get the point.

EyePet Screen 1

EyePet is also customizable, letting you modify fur length, color and pattern, as well as the ability to outfit your pet with more than 250 unique collectible items. Using the included “Magic Card,” owners can also bring drawings and objects to life by simply sketching things like an airplane or car, and make them your pet’s own three-dimensional toy.

EyePet Screen 2

Describing it is one thing. Seeing it is another. Please check out the video featuring Developer Nic Doucet giving a demonstration as to how EyePet works.

We’ll have more to come on EyePet between now and November. So make sure to check back with us here on the PSBlog.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ jeep_2003 on August 29th, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

Resident Evil 2 for ps3/psp please !

+ mclaren777 on August 29th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

If Sony markets this correctly it could be massive!

+ AlphaVirus2g on August 29th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

I have a few questions,
1. Can we have something other than a monkey, ie a Cat or Dog? My wife wants a dog but I want a cat, this may provide an equal ground.

2. Are you allowed multiple pets at the same time on 1 screen, could they interact with each other? I can see 1 pet getting lonely if you have your PS3 running idle.

3. You checked the monkey’s vital signs, does this mean they could become injured or die? I doubt they would die, try explaining that to the kids…”No honey, the monkey did not die…well actually yes he did” lol

+ jeep_2003 on August 29th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Will there be a similer update, like 3.00 for ps3, on the psp ?

+ mkdj011 on August 29th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

looks like very cool technology. I am curious as to if you can have to pets on the same screen. Like if your friend had it too could he bring his virtual pet to play. Oh and do the pets have different personalities, that’d be super cool.

+ WillPS on August 29th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

i thought this would be like 5 or 10 dollars on the ps store… i think 40 dollars is overpriced :(

+ DustyBlue on August 29th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

Very impressive. I might get it for my little sister. She’s into this kind of thing.

+ jeep_2003 on August 29th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I just bought Aquatopia for ps3 and I LOVE IT! Keep putting more games like that !

+ juggulator on August 29th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

I am 26yrs old and I will have this game on day 1. all u people that say someone is too old for this need to check your gamer status.There is some amazing technology going on in this game,tech that rivals project natal.Not to mention the real time graphics of the pet itself.I wanted 8 days to come out too.I saw the first trailer probably before any of you.However the devs saw eye-pet as a more ambitious project and it is.

Eye-pet-Augmented reality game that pushes motion control and ps-eye functions to a new level.Featuring technonogy that gives project natal a run for its money.

8days-Just another action game.

The Getaway-Another action game.

By the way, this game isn’t going to come anywhere near close to flopping. There’s tons of people thatwere hoping for an ’09 release date.

+ Gringo234 on August 29th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

I swear SONY is the worst company on release dates.

Why would you guys release Ratchet and Uncharted on the same month?

And why would you release this on the same day Assassin’s Creed II comes out? Obviously SONY never learns.

+ BEASTXJASON on August 29th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

wow. This looks to be very good for a laugh or something to show everybody whos over for a party.

+ DarKaoZ on August 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

I’m getting it, I have young nephews and they will love this. I want to get it for the experience, it seems really high tech and that gets my attention.

Great stuff, I’m definitely buying it!

+ nigh_809 on August 29th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

naañ

+ T-saurus on August 29th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Definitely getting this for my young daughter and son for xmas. They don’t allow pets where we live, so they’re gonna love this!

+ Nextivity on August 29th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

The tech is pretty impressive, but it looks like it would get old in about 5 minutes.

+ Goaliegeek on August 29th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

I can’t wait for Eyepet! Gonna be great! Any plans for DLC so you can have different pets? maybe a cat or dog or hamster or something? Be cool, but I hope Eyepet gets the recognition it deserves

+ BLACKMAR on August 29th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I am going to buy this game. It really shows you the power of the PS3 and the capabilities. I hope this is the first step toward something really awesome

+ SHINSPIKES on August 29th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Interestin. But, whats the replay value? Why should I come back to this? How do you keep the life of this goin besides the usual dlc. But, what kind of dlc can you have to make it interestin besides clothes?

+ isolatebody on August 29th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

My kids are going to freak out when I get this for them.

+ Bioman20 on August 29th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

looks kinda stupid and pointless

+ Bioman20 on August 29th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

although i havent watched the video

+ Bioman20 on August 29th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

its definitly stupid and pointless

+ ziphon on August 29th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

god…this looks awesome…I gotta get this…

+ KLB600 on August 29th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

im going to buy it just so i can abuse it :D

+ lokilu on August 29th, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

This is gong to be great! i hope i find money to buy it

+ poisonedsodapop on August 30th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

Soooo cute! I kind of would like the game but I dunno, I have a real pet lol. I mean I have Nintendogs but I don’t know. But getting the EyeToy with the game might be awesome.

+ R2-D2-586 on August 30th, 2009 at 2:36 am said:

I tought this game would offer more things but now I see it´s too childhood.

+ Schola_21 on August 30th, 2009 at 5:54 am said:

My wife only plays Worms on the PS3 she may get into this.

+ scoobyonline2000 on August 30th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

@ffhnod, you may be old now.. but you were once a kid, and It is really not bad if you get this… just enjoy whatever it is you can get from life.. and a thing like this is just something you can have fun with.

+ VI_timmy on August 30th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

for all the ppl that keep sayin it should be a psn download for 10$ are complete uter morons. first off if u download it from psn how you gonna get the majic card? and dnt say sum stupid like they can mail it thats just idiotic. if ur to cheap to pay 40$ fr his then dont buy it 40$ is not alot especially when for 20$ more u get the eye. waittill project gaytal comes out prolly gone be 100$ at least. basically wat im tryin to say is IT CANNOT BE A PSN DOWNLOAD IDIOTS!!!!!!

also i am totsly getting this i think it looks very impresive and my son willprolly love it to

+ LiAmJr on August 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

Me and my little brother think this is AWESOME!! we will definatly buy it. it also great for those kids who’s parents won’t let them get real pets:)

+ SpyDudeFX on August 30th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Wow I thought this would be a $15-$20 PSN title, not a BD disc. At $40, not interested but it does look nice. It looks like a fun one-time title like Aquatopia but I don’t see myself wanting to revisit the pet more than a handful of times. Trophies are probably going to be easy, “wash your pet” and “feed your pet.” lol

+ jboog1 on August 30th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

i love it but put this tech in some shooters.

+ xJordanatorx on August 30th, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

Metallica – For Whom The Bell Tolls in background :D.

Anyway, day 1 buy for me.

+ Megulito on August 31st, 2009 at 5:03 am said:

sleeper hit this needs serious promotion i already wanna get one for all my nices and nephews but to to buy them all ps3 dang… one set especially would love this good job sony this looks awesome

+ Solbaid on August 31st, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

@130 yes it could be a psn downloadable game just like they did w/ Marvel vs Capcom 2 and you go to a store grab the case which would have the card in it and a code to download the game and if ppl buy the psn title off store then they could prob print the card hell i mean ppl printed the eye of judgment cards why not this card

+ AGQ0105 on August 31st, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

I’m getting it.. I love monkeys and when I saw this the first time I knew I had to get it. I showed it to my wife and she agrees… this is a must get.

We’re in our mid 20s but can’t have a pet in our apartment but we want a dog so bad. I’ve always wanted a monkey… so this will fill that void.. LMAO

+ kakerotsaiyan on August 31st, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

have you seen xbox 360 new .it is free of controller no controller required. watch this video

copy and paste this link.

watch movie and tell me will this come on ps3.

+ jboog1 on August 31st, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

dont put xbox crap on here.

+ QWERTY-HHH on August 31st, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

i’d like too see haw mutch attation that xbox motion camra gets after this comes out.

+ kakerotsaiyan on August 31st, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Erin English
can you please answer my questions.

+ kakerotsaiyan on August 31st, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

many peoples are talking about xbox 360 natal
they want to play games on ps3 like 360.will this come on ps3?

+ BigBoiBalu on September 1st, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

I was wondering about camera angle. Where does the cam have to be. and how close to a surface.

+ Jon_Mclane on September 1st, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

Erin, that reply you gave to comment 70 just made my day. The sony london studio has done an awesome job with the eye and I can’t wait to see what other innovative things you come up with

+ TheUndertaker85 on September 1st, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

My fiancee and I are definitely getting this. The multiple ways to interact with your pet is awesome plus with a newborn it’ll be good for him later on.

A small question though: I’m not sure if individual companies control this or what, but when might we see EyePet available for preorder in the US? UK’s Amazon has it up for preorder but after looking around for quite some time I can’t seem to find it available for preorder in the US yet.

+ lintacious on September 9th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

i’m curious what the trophies will be like and how much that will add to the replyability of the game. I am intrigued by the concept but do worry that I will never touch the thing, after the novelty wares off (and don’t plan on purchasing $5 dlc costume packs for my pet either)

+ MRMidnite on September 11th, 2009 at 5:06 am said:

would like to buy for simple entertainment, wonder of the tech, and to support more innovative “games” (not just in competition of 360). This would be a great “game” with an option of leaving it on the hard drive either copied from disk or purchase of game card etc. and download code for use with psn like psp go, games. Otherwise, i can’t see it being enjoyed/accessed as much on family ps3.

+ bentcrankracing on September 24th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

With the launch of the new motion controller looming, will this offer support for that? Either right away or via an update?

PAGE 1 2 3