PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 28, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone -

Here is this week’s list of new arrivals and top downloads. It was a pretty busy week for the US Video Store highlighted by the release of I LOVE YOU, MAN, which is now available for rent in HD and SD. Check out the clip from the movie below, it’s one of my favorites, and ‘Prepare To Be Rushified’!

HD MOVIE NEW ARRIVALS

• The Informers
  • Under Siege

HDTV NEW ARRIVALS

• Crusoe | Season 1
  • Eureka | Season 3 – E15
  • Friday Night Lights | S1
  • GTTV Presents Batman: Arkham Asylum Launched!
  • Mad Men | Season 3 – Love Among the Ruins
  • Monk | Season 8 – E3
  • Psych | Season 4 – E3
  • Royal Pains | Season 1
  • Saturday Night Live | S33
  • Saturday Night Live | S33
  • U.S. Army Best Ranger Competition | S2009 – The Spot Jump
  • U.S. Army Best Ranger Competition | S2009 – The Machine Gun Range
  • U.S. Army Best Ranger Competition | S2009 – The Stress Shoot
  • Warehouse 13 | S1 - E8

TV NEW ARRIVALS

• 6Teen | S4
  • Attack of the Show | Season 2009 – E32
  • Bakugan | Season 6 – Show Me the Power!
  • Batgirl: Year One Motion Comics
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – Amish Anguish
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – The Grossest Show on Earth
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – Save the Tooth
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – Pimp My RV
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – We’ve Created a Mobster
  • Glenn Martin, DDS | Season 1 – A Bromantic Getaway
  • GT Bonus Round | S3 – User Questions Answered!
  • GTTV Presents Batman: Arkham Asylum Launched!
  • Ice Road Truckers | S3 – Arctic Thaw
  • Intervention | Season 6 – Gloria
  • Iron Man: Armored Adventures | Season 1 – E14
  • Kaze no Stigma | Season 1
  • Kenny vs. Spenny | S5 – Who Can be a better jew?
  • Laguna Beach | S1
  • Warehouse 13 | S1 – E8
  • Wildboyz | S1
  • Wildboyz | S2
  • Wildboyz | S4
  • X-Play | S2009 – X-Play Weekly 8/26/09

Top HD Movies

1. The Last House on the Left (Unrated)
  2. Race to Witch Mountain
  3. Obsessed
  4. The Soloist
  5. I Love You, Man
  6. 17 Again
  7. Miss March UNRATED
  8. Watchmen
  9. Dragonball: Evolution
  10. Knowing

Top Movies

1. The Last House on the Left (Unrated)
  2. Race to Witch Mountain

6. Warehouse 13 | Season 1 – Implosion
  7. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 – Fatbeard
  8. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 – Fishsticks
  9. Rescue Me | Season 5 – Zippo
  10. UFC Fights | Season 2 – Keith Jardine vs Chuck Liddell

+ adolson on August 28th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Must be nice to be able to buy this stuff.

*sigh* oh, to be an American.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 28th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

NEXT TIME LET US KNOW ON THE BLOG YOU HAD TECH DIFFICULTIES! PLEASE!

+ Zezzler on August 28th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

@1
Must be nice to be able to buy this stuff.

*sigh* oh, to be an American.

———

I like your way of thinking. so i am going to say the same thing :P

+ highlanders2012 on August 28th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Awesome update guys!

I think there’s one little tiny typo…Criss Angel Season 5 hasn’t even aired and Episode 5 lol…The most recent was episode 3…

Other than that lol its a fantastic update!

+ evildude683 on August 28th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

good stuff,

+ Enforcer_X on August 28th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

1080p and Surround Sound?

How come these things can be had for free but I am unable to pay for downloadable movies with these features?

+ evildude683 on August 28th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

@2 ln_mexwarrior
They did let us know….via twitter..maybe they don’t have that in mexico…yet

+ Tr3p1dat10n on August 28th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Anything free? <.<

+ VULGARPOWER_ on August 28th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

“Slappin da base!”

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on August 28th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

@7 evildude683: LOL, you’re so funny. ¬¬

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 28th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Subtitle and audio options?

+ PsyTruck on August 28th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Why are most of the movies available for rent but not to own? I mean I see some nice stuff on there, but the higher quality stuff is usually rent-only.

+ ijustw1n on August 28th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Why can’t users purchase all HD movies for download? Is this to keep blu-Ray sales from being impacted by downloads or size limitations?

+ coppi6976 on August 28th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

HBO Some day please

+ SnowboardZombie on August 28th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

what is the average file size for these movies? I haven’t downloaded one yet, but I’m interested in the HD movies.

+ MadmanEU on August 28th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

This post is fail. Grace chen is fail, all of SCEA is fail for completely ignoring Canada. Yet again.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on August 28th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Hi – We still don\’t have any announcement to make at this time.

+ hife on August 28th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

There needs to be a section just for trailers and other short free videos.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on August 28th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

Hi hife,

We\’ve got a section for trailers and free movie extras on the video store, under the movies main tab. Plus free TV show extras section under the TV shows main tab. Enjoy!

+ TrueFFVIIFan on August 28th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

Subtitle? Where is it?!?!?

+ The_Man_Who on August 28th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

I second @17
There should be a section for Theatrical Trailers, but outside the US, i miss downloading Trailers for Movies. and i can’t access to the videostore (’cause i don’t l live on the US) so, no more trailers.

+ Kchow23 on August 28th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

SLAP THE BASS… BIG TIME BIG TIME LOL!… still waiting for the video store to come to Canada, but at least it’s been acknowledged… hopefully it will come sooner than 2010.

+ Lambo_Killa9 on August 28th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

When is this Video Store coming to CANADA, please treat us fare, I really hope 3.00 brings the Video Store to us Canadians

+ KainDrake on August 28th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

why are a lot of the HD videos for rent only? also, why is Xam’d only for rent?

+ BurningChimaera on August 28th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Fee fi fo fum
I notice a disconcerting lack of PSN video rentals in Canada.

+ p_morin on August 28th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

CANADA!?!?! Once again… “It does everything”? Yeah… **** you…

+ RioHustlaInc on August 28th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

Grace, can you please do me and us fans a favor and find out why can’t we create Icons for movies that are purchased over the network? It is the only reason why I don’t buy movies from PSN. I want to be able to create a 5 – 10 second icon. I appreciate it………

+ KSPRAYDAD on August 28th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

Have you fixed the DRM issues yet? AFAIK if my PS3 fails and I have to send it in for fixing or if I own multiple PS3 I can’t move my content at all to a refurb or my other machine.

I can’t, in good conscience, buy content that I may lose due to SONY’s hardware failing. Even if I buy an extended warranty from SONY on the PS3 I still would lose every movie purchase (since I’m now on my 2ND replacement of one of my PS3s I’m a little distrustful of your hardware.) without a change to SONY’s DRM policy.

TIE IT TO OUR PSN ID PLEASE.

+ triple_lei on August 28th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Hasn’t Top Chef been in HD since Season 5, though? I don’t get it.

+ inuyasha5400 on August 28th, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

can u guys add inuyasha and more bleach

+ RetroTank on August 28th, 2009 at 9:49 pm said:

300! At last!

+ jobo030 on August 28th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

everytime their is a movie update from now on i will merely respond
Canada?

+ Berae on August 29th, 2009 at 5:24 am said:

this weekend was the time to announce the video store for canada

+ ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 on August 29th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

I dont know if im behind, but is it unavailable in europe and uk? If it’s just america thats complete bolox. And when is update 3.0 coming to europe and uk?

+ lyfestory on August 29th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

they really should do something better given that you can watch any number of tv shows and movies online for free with sites like Hulu and Veoh.com.. i mean, given how expensive it is to buy the console as it is, and bluray prices still tend to be rather high, they could offer a few free movies or tv shows once in awhile..

+ whatisdelicious on August 30th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

NYC PREP EPISODE NINE SEASON FINALE WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT WHERE WHERE WHERE

+ bunt6 on August 31st, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

This may be pretty sad, but you have no idea how happy I am just to hear “Hi – We still don’t have any announcement to make at this time.”

I was really hoping to hear something last weekend at the Canada show, oh well. Lets just hope something is announced before the PSPgo is out. Otherwise I’m afraid the new advertising campaign is going to cause quite the uproar for new PS3 and PSP buyers around the world when they find out the fine print on “Everything” reads (only if you’re an American).

Still, I’m excited as hell for when it does come. Once again – kudos on the very tempting update.

b.

+ ElhartiVision on September 3rd, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

300 nice movie … :D

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on September 18th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

VC trophies,Yakuza 3 localization, MGS4 trophies, and Heavenly Sword trophies!