PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Heavy Rain: Your Questions Answered

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Sep 01, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

You saw the Gamescom walkthrough. Then you saw the European PlayStation Blog‘s interview with Heavy Rain writer/director David Cage. And a few weeks back we told you we’d get your questions in front of Quantic Dream.

And that we did. Here’s what Mr. Cage had to say about it…

PAGE 1 2

+ Sereal_Killer on September 1st, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

@lordnoob,

what would ruin the surprise?

+ phinnv8 on September 1st, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

This new 3.00 firmware is epic fail. Everyone I know with a 360 can’t stop laughing.

-The HUGE gray friends list boxes are so ugly its unbearable to turn on my PS3!
-3 PSN store icons == epic fail. All of that crap should be in 1 icon and in the “What’s New” Section.
-Blinding bright “What’s New” background is terrible, it should be removed so the nice new themes can always be seen.
-New bigger fonts look good to me but should be controllable.

Where are the new features?

A mediocre new status bar? That’s it Sony?? Are you kidding us? Where is Cross game Voice chat? Party Invites? PS2 BC? An improved Web Browser? MKV support? Anything new that is actually useful? Seriously fire whoever approved 3.00, this is why your console is last place.

+ phinnv8 on September 1st, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

And before people comment about flamers in the next couple of threads they should realize that 1500+ posts were made with 100% negative responses and there were ZERO replies from Sony. It’s a complete slap in the face to all active gamers like me who believed in the system and this is what they got.

+ Sereal_Killer on September 1st, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

omg. just let it go.
you dont have to post 20 times over and over.
they get the message. they havent responded to the other one why do you think they would respond here.

im sure PR is cooking up a way to explain the”mess” they made according to alof of you,

anyway im still looking forward to this game alot.

there are no spoilers in this interview for those who dont wanna watch this

+ Comando148 on September 1st, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

I’m realy looking foward to this game! I like the idea that there is a set story to it, it just makes the game feel simpler and you dont have to constently have to ask yourself weather you wanted to do that certin action or not.

+ MobileTone on September 1st, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

“for those fw3.00 complaints keep it in that blog. i think sony gets it just put your complaint and leave it at that cause posting 20 times wont really help”

maybe if they hadn’t shut that post down and are trying to bury it we would have, but seeing as Sony are trying to hide the backlash over the 3.0 we have to post were we can.

+ MobileTone on September 1st, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

@ Sereal_Killer – we have a right to protest, and that is what all the customers are doing. we paid for a product and Sony have screwed it up, we demand to know why.

+ Sereal_Killer on September 1st, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

well you guys keep on wasting your time then.
next thing you know they lock up this one where other people would rather discuss heavy rain.

yes u have a right to complain but acting immature by posting over and over again is only proving that you have to much time to waste.

don’t you think Sony has gotten the idea by now even going as far as closing the other blog post?

right now you are only irritating other people wou could care less about fw3.00 and would rather read this blog post for heavy rain info

so if you wanna continue to complain why cant you guys take it to the forums?

you might say that they never read those but do you honestly think that anyone that had to do with fw3.00 would read this?

anyway im out, remember its all still a game

(i know i am currently wasting time by replying aswell but i wont post anymore after this)

+ Conrad_Max on September 1st, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

There are four games I am looking forward to the next few months. This is one of them. I like the mature story and the fact that there is no magic.

I’m afraid that I keep looking at new video releases because I really want to play this baby. Thank you for the teasers and interviews.

+ NeodeosX on September 1st, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

Oh come on… don’t take back all the complaints about FW 3.00 on that topic.
By the way, FW 3.00 was NEVER announced as a major step… all the gamers complaining should only be angry about themselves, because they are the only ones making stupid promises to themselves, not Sony. So, gtfo of that topic !

Heavy Rain seems incredible… The last footage on IGN.com is amazing.
Thanks for the interview, and the Q&A !

+ LittleSpaceDoubt on September 1st, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

Always such cryptic answers. That’s what keeps it interesting tho.

+ XenoNative on September 1st, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

give me a game that puts story before anything else and i’m sold!! cannt wait. day 1 fo’ sho!

+ TRIPP_ on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:58 am said:

Someone said that there are no spoilers in this video. For me there was definatly a spoiler. They talked about when you walk into the gas stitation what would happens. So now I know when I play the game and I go into a gas station I know what is going to happend and I know what my choices will be. For me that is a spoiler. Not a bad one. But for a game like this I personaly am one of the ones that want it all to be a suprize.

+ lonewolf1994 on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:17 am said:

i swear to dog im going to be broke!!!!!

how the hell am i going to buy all these games?!?!

uncharted 2

heavy rain

modern warfare 2

MAG

god of war 3

ecc T_T I NEED HELP

+ lonewolf1994 on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:18 am said:

LOL i wrote dog instead of god *facepalm of fail*

+ Haywire_Guy on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:24 am said:

tbh i think this will actually be an awesome game- only to be left on shelves gathering dust having no multiplayer content or manic shooter elements to it.

Similarly to Valkyria Chronicles, garnering incredible reviews whilst introducing an innovative battle mechanic (not unlike Heavy Rain’s Real time action RPG) and strategy-roleplaying interface didnt save it from performing abysmally at retail. This game needs a heap more advertising/press and public awareness for it to soar in its sales.

+ wolvyfactor on September 2nd, 2009 at 5:06 am said:

He actually answered the question of the order of characters. They constantly switch from scene to scene. It seems it has a preset flow and won’t be one characters story at a time.

+ plaztiksyke on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

I was happy to hear about female characters, but I’d like to know if there are any gay characters (male or female).

Either way, this and Brutal Legend are the games I am most excited about this year. Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit was one of my favorite games on the original XBox. That being said, I will probably wait a few days to read about the graphics quality and potential trophy glitches after the Ghostbusters debacle.

I would really love to see the original Omikron get spruced up as an episodic download series. Given David’s decent relationship with Sony, it could be really amazing, and lead in nicely to the planned sequel.

+ Dopehead666 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

Yes this game is going to have trophies. All new games are required to have trophies.

+ StealthBlade98 on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

@phinnv8-

how is Firmware 3.00 relevant at all to this.

Since my previous comment didn’t go through let me restate my comment:

“this looks interesting but it’s not a must buy for me on day one. Maybe when it hits 20 dollars”

+ Shadow_Dancer on September 3rd, 2009 at 2:02 am said:

Wow, thanks Chris for having my question answered!

+ starkweatherTD on September 7th, 2009 at 3:02 am said:

I would love a Dynamic Theme that looks like the Heavy Rain title screen shown in the video. Game’s looking great.

+ SmaSagar on September 7th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

This game is going to be great and Uncharted 2 as well!

+ Shinra_Soilder on September 9th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on this game for awhile now. I want this game because it’s very unique and it’s like a choose your own adventure book.Hopefully I have the guts finish my story even if one of the characters die.

PAGE 1 2