Far Cry 4

PlayStation on Facebook: Tell Us What You Want to See

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 01, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

If you’re new to the Blog, or just otherwise haven’t been paying close attention, we’re on Facebook. We’ve been syndicating blog posts, hosting contests and announcing details around upcoming meetups and events. You may already know all this. Stay with me here.

As of late, Facebook’s been cracking down on unofficial fan pages throughout the site, including those pertaining to PlayStation. Since we *are* PlayStation, we’ve decided to open our doors to all the PlayStation fans on Facebook, and have gathered everyone in one place. You can now find us at www.facebook.com/PlayStation. If you are an existing fan of the fan page formerly known as “PlayStation.Blog,” you’ve already made the move. That was easy, yeah? If you’re not, no time to join us like the present. Go on, I’ll wait.

With all these new fans (300K and counting), this is a good time for us to make updates to the fan page… but we want to get your input first. After all, it’s you who are our fans. So what should we do with our Facebook page? Please take this 1-question survey to let us know your thoughts on the subject.

We look forward to reading your replies!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

I voted for contests…I mean we all love contests right?! :)

+ Ostaf52 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

I didn’t know you guys had a facebook page. Welp, I added you and now I have to write some English paper now because I have to go to English in 2 hours and I think this paper is due.

Bye everyone :P

+ MegaClank on September 1st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I don’t like Facebook or Twitter…

+ Thwip on September 1st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I would have been first, but it took forever to complete the survey ;-)

+ xKOROSHIYAx on September 1st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I can’t stand Facebook, so I’ll just post here like I always have

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

And you\’re welcome to do just that.

+ Violater on September 1st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I see the internet raging over the disappointing FW3.00

+ Fencerfry on September 1st, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

I want to see Facebook on the PS3 sir :p

+ Ostaf52 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Ummm I just read some of the comments. I haven’t been home today so I haven’t had the time to get the new update so I can’t really comment on that.

but regardless MobileTone should leave and quit trolling mai Sony blog.

Oh and also, my paper is PS3 vs 360….guess who is going to win :D

+ december_32nd on September 1st, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

i dont wanna see Playstation on Facebook. i want to see Facebook on Playstation.

+ NeoUltima on September 1st, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

I really am not a Facebook fan :(

+ lfcjake87 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Concentrate on the console first don’t ya think. ;)

+ mastrofallz on September 1st, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

@12.

Useful features? You havent noticed that this update made Friends/Trohpies load 10x faster? Or maybe the complete overhaul of the XMB? Eric said in an interview that he will bring some of the features many gamers are requesting for. (Cross game chat)

@15.

They didnt bury the story, this is a blog, numbnuts, its dedicated to PS3 news. Let me get this straight, you want them completely ignore all of the ps3 news and keep the filmware 3.0 up so you can complain and cry more while saying Sony sucks and nobody there listens. I might get banned for this, I dont care, but f**k you. You are such an inconsiderate idiot its incredible how ignorant people can be. Nice job on 3.00 Eric, it looks really nice.

+ wbrinkman on September 1st, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Yeah, how about developing an actual app for the xmb that is *optional* (and can be removed for those not interested) instead of putting a hyperlink to facebook or… say, BBC’s iplayer using the buggy ps3 browser?

+ EvoAnubis on September 1st, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Oh, and about Facebook, the only thing I want to see (other than what’s already happening) is some PSN integration. Why is there no PSN app on Facebook like there is for my GamerTag? I’m actually more proud of my PS3 stuff than I am my 360 stuff, but have no way of showing that.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

Thanks for some good feedback.

+ HeroOfHyrule on September 1st, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

@9 december 32nd:
Step 1: Launch PS3 Internet Browser
Step 2: Press Start on your controller
Step 3: Type “Facebook.com”
Step 4: Pres Start on your controller

And there you have it, Facebook on PlayStation.

+ ynp7 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Here’s the cheat sheet for anyone who isn’t sure what the correct answer is:

Other: Cross-game party chat.

+ Neil on September 1st, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I thought this was a post stating that Facebook is coming to PS3 via an app.

+ Ejsponge61 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I put in the other section, “I would also like a easier way to go to Facebook in the PS3’s browser.”

+ Kamiboy on September 1st, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

But that abomibanle site is owned by the borg, and SONY’s most dangerous competitor next to Samsung and LG, no thanks, cold day in hell when I stoop that low.

+ EvoAnubis on September 1st, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

“@9 december 32nd:
Step 1: Launch PS3 Internet Browser
Step 2: Press Start on your controller
Step 3: Type “Facebook.com”
Step 4: Pres Start on your controller

And there you have it, Facebook on PlayStation.”

No ish, Sherlock. He was talking about actual integration embedded in the XMB and PSN, which would be damned cool.

+ BurntOrange32 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

On the Facebook topic… Facebook and Twitter on my PS3 would be nice ;).

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I also would like a quicker way to go to facebook on my ps3. But I would also like a ps3 forums app where there is a nice and quick interface to use to talk to people. ;)

+ Jeeves_Tremor on September 1st, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Wow. Already deleting comments at record speeds.

So I will say again: “This feature is not available in your country/region”

All that needs to be said.

+ mastrofallz on September 1st, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

@20.

That’d be cool, I guess. But doesnt Microsoft already have that?

Now what I would like to see, is an App store. Free or not free, that would haul some serious cash for Sony. Maybe integrate Itunes and Face book for $0.99. Or Twitter and Youtube for $0.50. Now that would be beast, and I would buy all the apps I can handle day 1.

+ Takehaniyasubiko on September 1st, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

TOO BAD FACEBOOK IS NOT ON PLAYSTAION!!!!

+ Berae on September 1st, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

I dont use twitter and facebook

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

@ Jeeves_Tremor – They are deleting comments on purpose to stay on topic. Nobody wants stupid rants stacking up on this board.

+ BlooodyCow on September 1st, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

ok, I voted. So I get a cookie? :)

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

@24 – I totally agree!!! I would rather have free apps…but they were have to be unique apps if Sony wants to put a cost on them. I mean why make an app that costs money to link to a site when you can just use the browser. ;)

+ AceOfSpades725 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

Facebook PS3 intergration would be pretty awesome!

+ smokey_vols on September 1st, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

Some Facebook integration on the PS3 console would be cool. Either Facebook, MySpace, or even if Sony wanted to start their own social networking site just for PS fans, that could be cool.

P.S. A good read for you guys.

+ rbanke on September 1st, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

dont care about facebook, myspace or twitter or anything similar. I’d prefer putting the info you put there on the ps3 itself somehow if anything.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

And that\’s what \”What\’s New\” will be used for.

+ rejurg on September 1st, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

“@9 december 32nd:
Step 1: Launch PS3 Internet Browser
Step 2: Press Start on your controller
Step 3: Type “Facebook.com”
Step 4: Pres Start on your controller

And there you have it, Facebook on PlayStation.

———————————————–

I like that idea.

+ Zurdo on September 1st, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Great!!! but my ps3 died today.

+ yolash on September 1st, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

firmware (3.00) news now disappeared on main page. No need to send any other news. You understand what I mean. ;) ..

+ NOVENO on September 1st, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Quit complianing on fw 3.00,try to be a little bit more mature and take it to the forums, Im sure they read all your feedback and are working hard on it. Thanks Sony, fw3.00 is pretty good.

+ akotby86 on September 1st, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Add Egypt to the Playstation network countries please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please !!!
we are over 50,000 owners of PS3 & PS2 products , please add us to your network !!

we can make a petition online if you wish

+ WackyWeedCreed on September 1st, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

@15

I LOL’D

That guy got Killzowned.

+ mcx on September 1st, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

@ EvoAnubis

Step 1: Go to “Internet Search”
Step 2: Type “Facebook”
Step 3: Click first results link that comes up

And there you have it, Facebook on PlayStation.

+ jBat17 on September 1st, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

i want my trophies integrated in facebook.. that way my friends, co-workers, old schoolmates, and everybody in the world will see that i’m a 1337 gamer.

+ Korbei83 on September 1st, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

I’m not hip to Facebook. I like the blog.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

And we like you. We\’ll always be here.

+ Sereal_Killer on September 1st, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

i dont use any of these things simply because i, not the type of personto just follow the crowd.
i can make my own site if i wanted to but im to busy with school that being said.

i wouldnt mind a way of integrating some of these comnicatiom methods into the ps3 itself as an app of somekind.

options are never to much to have

+ norm01 on September 1st, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

I’m on Facebook all the time, and would LOVE an app. that would show my Friends my PSN Profile, Games being played and Trophies.

+ Makotoi on September 1st, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

oh boy LBP froze on start-up. Nice job 3.0

Sorry to double post but I have a question.

Why does X load up my friend’s profile which I could care less about, while I have to hit triangle, scroll through to “messages” then search for an unread message. Why can’t X open the latest unread message? Common sense. If you need a new design manager I’m available for hire.

+ liketoski on September 1st, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

More contests!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Blkant on September 1st, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

I would like to see you guys come back to Orlando Florida like last year. Thats what I want to see.

+ ny_beast24 on September 1st, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Google Chrome, Myspace, Twitter, and Facebook on PSN and I’m all good.

+ poweredbyzen on September 1st, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

SORRY, NOT INTERESTED IN FACEBOOK TRAFFIC! FACEBOOK USERS ARE LOSERS! TWEETERS RULE!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

This is turning into the East Coast/West Coast rap wars all over again. Twitter and Facebook users *can* get along!

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 1st, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

I refuse to join because

1) Sony is screwing customers who want games on disc.

2) Obnoxious firmware updates with sparkles and a menu bar that can’t be disabled.

3) Focus on crap like Home instead of bringing out quality exclusive titles.

Sony is washed up this gen.

I want no further part of them.

+ commedieu on September 1st, 2009 at 5:23 pm said: