Far Cry 4

It’s Official: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Available in the U.S. on October 27

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Sep 02, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Now that the new PS3 is on shelves for $299, many of you may be wondering what games to buy this fall with your extra cash. Well, for those of you who are Ratchet & Clank fans, we’re happy to officially announce (and yes, this is official), that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will be available in the U.S. on Tuesday, October 27. Check out the new packfront below:

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

If that’s not enough, we’re offering some cool Ratchet & Clank goodies for those who pre-order their copy of the game. Here’s a highlight of some of the items you’ll receive when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time from participating retailers:

‘Discovery Package’ – Explore the Insomniac Moon with a special level that resembles the layout of Insomniac Games’ studio offices. A fan favorite, the Moon is filled with content that didn’t quite make the final game, sort of like deleted scenes on DVDs. You can earn this unlockable on your own, but Insomniac certainly won’t make it easy for ya!

‘Power Package’ – Up your arsenal with an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons along with extra hit points and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove.

‘Bolt Package’ – Bolster your bolt count with 5,000 free bolts care of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups, the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher.

‘Space Package’ – Drift off into space with an exclusive hot rod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion, along with 5,000 free bolts and an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar skin

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 1

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 2

For those of you attending PAX this week, a quick reminder to stop by the Unicorn Theatre on Friday, September 4 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. You’ll be treated to a panel presentation by Insomniac’s Creative Director Brian Allgeier on the history of Ratchet & Clank weapons, as well as the unveiling of a few new ones.

Also, make sure to tune into GTTV on Spike this Thursday at 12:30 am for an all-new special cinematic unveil. For those who miss the show, check it out this weekend at GameTrailers.com.

We have a lot more in the pipeline for the weeks ahead, so please stay tuned!

+ NeoUltima on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

So why did you gray out the spec/info area? trying to cover up a multiplayer mode to be revealed? :P

+ SkeithBLZR on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

All these changes are making me miss the days of old, like my “PLAYSTATION” startup sound when I start a game on my PS3. And now the box art for games changes, please don’t. From a designer’s standpoint, well my own, it doesn’t look that appealing. :’(

+ Pelt_Hunter on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Yes I’m gonna be another person to comment on the new boxes, are they all gonna be like that now? I’m indifferent personally. I think these look decent and the ones we have get the job done. I love the new firmware BTW, screw the haters, they are never pleased. Keep up the good work Sony, now start dropping those exclusives. Agent in particular, considering the Housers are making it their baby. That game is gonna make me forget all about giving my 360 to my ex(who wasn’t my ex at the time..).

+ Destiny89 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Good looking box art

+ Dann7978 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

YES!! Been a rachet and clank fan since the 1st one for ps2, I owned all the ratchet clank series. When are you guys are going to bring Drake back, is he really dead or is there be some magical story how he survived the rocket.

+ snake6000 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

No way! That had better not be the new style for all PS3 games, it’ll be incongruent! You idiots better not!

+ Spurvugle on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

I miss the old boxes style :( oh and the old logo before starting the game

THIS!

+ terrabliss on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

Why did you guys ever adopt the spiderman font for the ps3 anyways? Either way I’m much happier you brought back the classic logo.

+ lucas_the_great on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

i dont like the new template, it wouldnt match the ps3 games i have already. please! change it back!!!!

+ Mobius_124 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

i dig the new cover art.

+ MattyF on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

What’s all this about multiplayer support on the back of the box? Details!! :-D

+ Dustinwp on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

Love the new game cases Sony! Insomniac, I totally dig the cover art, but how about Sept 27 release date instead?

+ Deviation on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

Which retailer do I have to go through to actually get the bolt package?

+ QuebecSuperstar on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

I love the new cover design. And I can’t wait for the game too. I wish it had online multiplayer though.

+ B-RadGfromOV on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

Why does the box look like that? It won’t match the current boxes and just looks weird. Well, it actually does look better than that little red square that says PS3 in the spiderman font. SO I guess it might be an improvement. Anyway, I’m really excited for this game, thanks for the info!

+ Schmeidenkamp on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

that new boxart style looks cleeaaann!
I like it : ]

+ RAVEN_OF_WAR on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

i think that looks cool

+ ZildjianKX on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Please, please stop this pre-ordering garbage. If you want to make a pre-order bonus to sell more copies, fine… but make it the same for every retailer. I hate feeling like I’m missing something when I buy the game right away since I didn’t pre-order it at 4 different places.

+ Link01 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Why do these people hate change sooo much? I love the new boxart… I’m not a fan of the new friends list * unless they turn those into gamercards on their own….. but I love it

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

multiplayer? YES

+ SarshelYam on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Love the boxart layout/design…and the similarly atypical R&C cover art is QUITE welcome. I saw the “Coming Soon” art that’s been floating about recently and, it looked good…but it really didn’t stand out from the rest of the series. This close and split face/s image is beautiful!

+ Zookey on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Excited!

+ Shin-Ra on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Why wasn’t the ‘Only On PlayStation’ integrated properly with the new branding bar design instead of covering more artwork with the awkward little popout shape? It’s even worse in Europe where the SingStar Take That box still has the PSN bubble. Too many logos taking over the artwork.

+ skinnynerd03 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

oh man, the boxart looks fine, its just the new logo and it weird placement..looks so weird.

+ Storage-Q on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

On the back panel at the top it say’s it has multiplayer.

+ guitain on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Wait, wait, wait…

So because the NEW Ps3 now costs 299$, suddenly we have spare money, even though we have an old Ps3?…

I seriously have a hard time sensing that kind of logic…

+ Korbei83 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

I got concert tickets that day, and rent’s due. I’ll pick it up the next week.

+ Inuyasha85 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

I CANNOT wait for this game! I pre-ordered it yesterday at Gamespot. I really want the “deleted scenes”, I can bolt farm all day if I want. And thanks for putting the new trailers on PSN, I laughed quite hard at the Clank trailer. “You win again technology!”, reminded me of my dad.

+ MoneyMaker110 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

the new cover isn’t hideous but i liked the way the older ps3 boxart looks. that’s why i got the retail version of marvel vs capcom. i like the new style, it’ll just take a few games to get use to. it’s not as drastic as when i look through my ps1 games.

+ Stinkinmushroom on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

lol, cool cover

+ reson8er on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

MULTIPLAYER?! AWESOME! DEETS PLEASE :D

+ SpyDudeFX on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

I like the new artwork design, looks very awesome. BTW multiplayer?? Wow that would be so awesome!!

+ NoobianGod on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Going with the previous Blog Post I very much like reveals like this one. Keep it up!

+ Scrith on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Forget the complainers! (why must people complain about everything?)

New box art looks SWEET!!! All I have to do is figure out which pre-order goodies I want to go with. :)

+ Heavenly_king on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

The design looks great, But I think that the art of the cover is really small, so it would be better if the PS3 & PSN Logo are instead on the case (just like it was before with the Playstation 3 logo)in order to have a bigger artwork.

Both logos in the case should have some color to make it easier to see. I really doubt you are gonna do this changes, but think it would be better.

Keep the good work.

PS: I would like to see “PS3″ logo with some cool animation when I boot any game . I really hope you can make this possible in future FW updates. XD

+ hehe1 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

awesome box art style!!! Can’t wait for this game to come out!!! :)

+ BigBoss712 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Can’t wait, i will be sure to watch GTtv.

+ Gringo234 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

I might actually buy this one.

+ InstantHero82 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

What happened to the box art??

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

OMG! WTF did you do to the covers? Get that [DELETED] out of here!

Don’t make me not buy your games Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Korbei83 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

They pulled the box art to cover up the fact that it detailed multiplayer.

Ooops.

+ darkwing75 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

wow, it has multiplayer??

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

GTFO with those terrible covers! I WILL stop buying games if this is real! Do not make me do something that neither of us wants to do!

+ DarKaoZ on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Awwww… that boxart is meh… same goes to the new PS3 branding boxart… man… for some reason the Spiderman Font looks way better than that.

+ wolfboyXZ on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

lol @ Sony removing the new cover from the post. It’s not bad, but the Only on PlayStation3 popout makes it real cluttered. Maybe if it was stacked below PlayStation Network inside the bar. I don’t like how the logo on the spine doesn’t line up either, but guess there’s nothing you can really do about that.

+ FearMonkey on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Can’t wait!

Thanks for the update! :)

This might be my first platinum. :p

+ MisterGrieves1 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

My goodness, all you people do is whine and whine and whine… It’s disgusting. You people are just nitpicking. Complaining about the box art? Wow. Remind me never to look at the comments in this blog again.

As for the post, can’t wait for the game. Been a fan since the first one.

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Seriously what kind of f***ing idiot decides to change the covers mid-cycle?! Fire him or give me his address so I can break his f***ing kneecaps!

+ ProSoldier14 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

Everything in this blog post is old news…

+ BabeBro on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:36 pm said: