PS4-Watch_Dogs

It’s Official: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Available in the U.S. on October 27

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Sep 02, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Now that the new PS3 is on shelves for $299, many of you may be wondering what games to buy this fall with your extra cash. Well, for those of you who are Ratchet & Clank fans, we’re happy to officially announce (and yes, this is official), that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will be available in the U.S. on Tuesday, October 27. Check out the new packfront below:

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

If that’s not enough, we’re offering some cool Ratchet & Clank goodies for those who pre-order their copy of the game. Here’s a highlight of some of the items you’ll receive when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time from participating retailers:

‘Discovery Package’ – Explore the Insomniac Moon with a special level that resembles the layout of Insomniac Games’ studio offices. A fan favorite, the Moon is filled with content that didn’t quite make the final game, sort of like deleted scenes on DVDs. You can earn this unlockable on your own, but Insomniac certainly won’t make it easy for ya!

‘Power Package’ – Up your arsenal with an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons along with extra hit points and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove.

‘Bolt Package’ – Bolster your bolt count with 5,000 free bolts care of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups, the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher.

‘Space Package’ – Drift off into space with an exclusive hot rod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion, along with 5,000 free bolts and an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar skin

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 1

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 2

For those of you attending PAX this week, a quick reminder to stop by the Unicorn Theatre on Friday, September 4 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. You’ll be treated to a panel presentation by Insomniac’s Creative Director Brian Allgeier on the history of Ratchet & Clank weapons, as well as the unveiling of a few new ones.

Also, make sure to tune into GTTV on Spike this Thursday at 12:30 am for an all-new special cinematic unveil. For those who miss the show, check it out this weekend at GameTrailers.com.

We have a lot more in the pipeline for the weeks ahead, so please stay tuned!

+ ProSoldier14 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Um packfront, where? I don’t see it… can someone help me out please.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

@98 – Enigma777: LOL agreed, well at least with this:
“Seriously what kind of idiot decides to change the covers mid-cycle?”

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

@101 – ProSoldier14: they removed it, probably because they don’t wanted people talking about it instead of the game =P

you can see the thumbnail in facebook though

+ Kodaime on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Will you guys release the other pre-order content as DLC, for the people who want everything…?(me)

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

@101 – ProSoldier14: hmm it’s there again, but now just the front, so it got removed cause they revealed accidentally that there’s going to be multiplayer :)

+ wolfboyXZ on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Actually I take back what I said. If PlayStation Network appears on both the front and back, they could just remove it from the front and replace it with Only on PlayStation. Problem solved, no popout.

+ el-fury-86 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Will never understand why sony kill their own sales by releaseing their exclusives near each other….

Theres a reason why Motorstorm 2 didnt sell (it came so near LBP) theres people that look forward to buy exclusives only. When you release them so close you make people choose between them.

But hey “If it dosent work keep doing it” right Sony!?

+ Caudill on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Although, I like the new box art/cases, it is REALLY stupid to change it half way through the consoles life cycle.

I currently have 83 PS3 titles sitting on my shelf and with this new box art no new games I buy are going to look like part of that collection. Sitting R&C: ToD and R&C: CiT beside one another are going to look like they’re on 2 different consoles. Lame.

May not be a problem for some people, but to collector’s like myself, I think this is a dumb move.

+ Berae on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

very nice boxart

+ ProSoldier14 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

The template doesn’t confirm anything at all, the only thing Insomniac made was the art according to an Insomniac employee on the IG forums.

+ Korbei83 on September 2nd, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

You know.. Sony changed the box art ‘mid-cycle’ as you all call it, with the original PlayStation. PlayStation then became the number #1 console of it’s generation and spring boarded the PS2 to massive success..

So maybe you lounge chair critics should have a little faith. Or maybe you could just focus on running your own multi-billion dollar international corporation.

+ lulzkiller on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

Wow, that box art looks retarded. Almost as retarded as rejecting “Clock Blockers”.

And seriously, I get that you guys are trying to get rid of the Spider-Man font, but keep it to the Slim crowd. I want my after-game-launch “PlayStation 3″ screen back.

+ JaKhris on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

PSN logo = Multiplayer ?

I prefered the old covers…that PS3 logo doesn’t have the style of the Playstation 3 one, vertically set on the left… <3

+ Mobstylez on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Looks great. I also like the new style.

+ TheBanditKing on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Everyone on here moaning about the box art just be quiet already. You knew they were changing it and for the better from where I sit. I love the new box design, simple design, PS logo in proper placement and new PS3 logo is also a big improvement. No one liked the nasty Spider-man font so now it’s gone, this looks like the PS2 box art. In fact the whole rebranding is like PS2 which is a good move. The PS3 needs to be more approachable to the general consumer and gamer.

+ Enforcer_X on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Love the box art.
Dislike the new PS3 logo and black bar across the top.
Like the original style, but that’s me.

Already pre-ordered!

+ lulzkiller on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

I don’t give a rat’s ass about who Sony is trying to market to. Know why? Because I’m not pretending to work for Sony’s marketing department, and I already own a damn PS3.

The “rebranding” is a gigantic pain in my ass if all it means is that Sony is going to plug its ears and pretend every PS3 owner pre-Slim doesn’t exist.

+ Caudill on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

@111 Korbei83

Yeah, Sony did change the cases during the PSone’s life cycle but that’s because the “long boxes” were ridiculous. Worst. Cases. Ever

The regular CD jewel cases were a much more logical choice.

Really, there is nothing wrong with the PS3 cases, no need to change them, in my opinion.

+ IceColdKilla44 on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Cool!

Looks great. I can’t wait to get the Platinum Trophy for this one.

+ CondorMcG on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Definately the new style:

+ YeWest_is_da_man on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

I like the new box art… I don’t get what everyone is so upset about… all I have been seeing when reading articles about the new PS3′s is: “Thank God they got rid of the Spiderman font!” Now they get rid of it in the FW and the box art and everyone hates it… I don’t get how anybody could win with people complaining like that. I personally don’t give a crap about what type of font there is… I didn’t buy my PS3 to have a fashionable font or any of that ridiculous complaining…

Anyways, on topic- this game looks great and new box-art, new font, new logo… whatever… I’ll be getting it. The first installment of the Ratchet series on PS3 looked miles ahead of any game (graphic-wise) that had been released then, and I really thought they had a beautiful game then. But now… even with how great the other one looked, this Ratchet games puts the old one to shame. This looks even MORE beautiful of a game… nice job guys!

+ s_S-killaz336 on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

We NEED JAK 1 JAK II and JAK III on 1 disc plz ill buy it price it $59.99. I think we deserve it cant w8 till JAK IV comes out…. Box art????? Its ok i guess but is the back of the box the same????

+ bayouboyz on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

I don’t like the new PS3 box design because it won’t look right with all my other PS3 games.

+ Gunblader_ on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Why do you need to change the look of PS3 games? Now my shelf is going to look ugly… thanks for making people with OCD go crazy.

+ extravegant on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

soo multiplayer is included??
that would be awesome, i loved DL online hopefully this one has online too!!

+ waffman11 on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Multiplayer spoiler! Awesome box art as well, and I like the change in the PS3 box, although I’m not sure that it needs it. Anyway, I can’t wait to start zooming around space with my special hot rod skin with a loaded wallet on the 27th!

+ Gr00v3r06 on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

looks great. Great game to show off the new look. I’m looking forward to playing this game.

+ AceBeeDee on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

wish i knew the hub-bub, bub, but the product picture everyone is commenting on isn’t showing on my PS3 of all places. from what i gather, lemme say this, the PS3 game case/package design as is now is the most beautiful game case EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!

+ Vash_Nightmare on September 2nd, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

NOOOO !!!
I want the old cover style back.
this is just inconsistent with the games I already have. SUCKS

+ Dragoon7 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

I love the boxart. Still working on beating Resistance 2, I almost have the platinum trophy just 5,000 kills to go.

I noticed the multiplayer feature on the back of the box. I hope that is not an error because most of the people I know will only buy it if it has multiplayer. In addition if there is multiplayer you better annouce it soon insomniac because, as you know, your game comes out in like 2 months

+ Ghost_Shrimp on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

So… You think they took off the back cover because they didn’t want to reveal the multiplayer or because there actually isn’t any multiplayer?

+ TakiFuGu on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

I thought gamers were open minded? Why is everyone so upset about a box template? Really you guy?

+ Tomazina on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Why did you guys take my precious logo out?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY LIFE IS RUINED

+ crazypeng1 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

so, multiplayer is confirmed huh?

+ Vash_Nightmare on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

NOOOO !!!
I want the old cover style back.
this is just inconsistent with the games I already have. SUCKS

I’ll keep this game in mind when it comes out, though I’ll probably buy it later.

+ Jeigh on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Damn, I didn’t even notice until someone else mentioned it, but that really IS quite a garish cover make-over…

Still, the game’s going to rock, no question.

+ OncomingStorm on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Oh, bad choice! I’ll be buying The Gathering Storm on October 27th. Looks like my favorite Lombax is gonna have to sit on the shelf at my local Gamestop for a while.

+ Rated-Rsuperstar on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

The new boxart looks terrible. The european boxart for TOD was fantastic. Looks like the US gets shafted again.

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

IS Sony is run by a monkey in a suit?

First you take away the game-start chime and now this abomination of a cover? It’s like you’re TRYING to make me hate you, Sony!

FU!

+ IZY2091 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

where do we preorder from to get the ‘Space Package’ or will all the stores have it?

+ Miles514 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Cool too bad their are many other games are comming out. I will have to buy this when the price drops sadly.

+ Zinacef on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

Busy month in October for me. Uncharted on Oct. 13th. and now Crack in Time at the end of the month. Awesome!

+ Dariel93 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

is it coming out for the playstation store?

+ ProSoldier14 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

For those that dont know.

Gamestop: Discovery Package

Best Buy: Power Package

Game Crazy: Space Package

Amazon: Bolt Package

+ TheGuardianFID on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

I love it, I can’t wait to play it, by the way I love the new update sony, it rocks!!! :D

+ D-Squad3 on September 2nd, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

I’m really gonna miss the old boxes for the PS3 games.

+ Dehshizknight on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Sweet! Love the new boxart. From an artisic perspective, it gives more room for, well, art :P

Can’t wait for the game!

+ RandomEarthling on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

I’m going to reiterate that I really hate all of these pre-order bonus prizes which force you to choose one retailer over another. I love R&C so I’m getting the game but it would be nice to not have to deal with this type of promotion.

+ R1LEY62 on September 2nd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

hopefully the make ratchet and clank size matters 2 for psp.otherwise a crack in time looks awesome insomniac! keep up good work.:)