Final Fantasy XV

Sep 04

Sep 04

Sack it to Me – The “I Can’t Wait Until GOTY + DEMO Next Week” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP GOTY online banner

DEMO and GOTY in-stores next week
Sept 10 – For those of you who haven’t “jumped in the sack” with LBP yet, head over to the PS Store on Sept 10, and you’ll be able to download a free playable demo of LittleBigPlanet.

The demo is filled with – PLAY: a hand full of in-game levels and mini-games by yourself or with 3 of your friends, CREATE: Customize your Sackboy and plaster levels with a variety of stickers and objects, SHARE: a few community levels picked from the over 125MM levels created online.

Hopefully, you’ll get hooked just in time for the release of the Game of the Year Edition (coincidentally next week as well :) ). If your just getting your hands on a new PlayStation 3, check out the Examiner.com’s “Top five games to purchase along with your new PS3” – which just happens to have LBP #1…and conveniently just arrived in our offices!

LBP packaging on wall

GOTY Q&A
A few weeks ago, when we announced the Game of the Year edition, we saw a ton of questions, and wanted to address what we could, so we decided to create a quick FAQ:

“Will my old game save work with the Game of the Year edition?” – Yes, so long as you have the latest LBP online update.

“Are there new trophies” – Sorry, there are no new trophies in the GOTY edition.

“Will existing owners get a chance to play the bonus levels?” – Nothing has been planned yet, but stay tuned over the next few weeks as we’ll be highlighting our ‘super users’ so you’ll be able to search and play their other masterpieces online.

“Is there any other way to get the Modnation beta?” – Currently, this is the only way to guarantee entry. As we get closer to the ModNation Racers Beta, we’ll update if this changes.

“How will the bonus levels be shown in game?” – I took a few shots for you to see.

First, you’d see the “Bonus” call-out beside “Story”.

LBP Bonus section on menu

Then you’d see the Planet filled with all your free DLC and Level packs.

LBP DLC and levels on world

Finally, after selecting the Community Level pack, you’ll see all 18 community levels to select. :)

LBP Bonus levels on world

PSP ROUND UP
Ever since Gamescom, lots more details have been revealed for the PSP version (available 11/17). Check out the below news and catch up on the latest and greatest:

COMMUNITY PICKS (from LittleBigLand.com)

Paying the Bill! by Mnniska

Bludhound’s Comments (PSN: marquise126ace) :
This is an absolutly great platforming level. The author of this level has put the John Burgerman stickers to great use, making the scenery a real treat for your eyes. You will also find some very unique obstacles and a
unique x2 section in this level. Overall it’s a very fun level that you will want to play again and again.

amazingflyingpoo’s Comments:
Mnniska has managed to create a wonderful “feel-good” platformer. Instead of sticking to just tried-and-true platforming mechanics, he creates some original scenarios which helps to make a great experience into an outstanding one. On top of that, the story is so wacky that you just have to love it!

The Ultimate Puzzle Challenge by Werehare

Bludhound’s Comments (PSN: marquise126ace) :
Want to test your self with some mind boggling puzzles? Then this level is for you. The author of this level has done amazing work in coming up with puzzles that you don’t see too often in lbp. the design and scenery is absolutely beautiful, if you appreciate great design (that looks like it took hours just to think of) and puzzles that will test your mind then give this level a try.

amazingflyingpoo’s Comments:
This level has impressed me more than just about any other level I have ever played. Most authors struggle to come up with one good originalpuzzle, but somehow werehare has come up with a level composed of a large number of incredible puzzles.

WORKSHOP of the WEEK

Over on LittleBigWorkshop.com, dextroyer4u has created a new tutorial for those of you inspiring to make an “Earthquake” level. Good stuff, keep them coming.

NEW LBP stuff on the PlayStation Store

STICKER PACK = VERA BEE

LittleBigPlanet Add-On VeraBee Sticker Pack

Check out the latest downloadable Sticker Pack on the PlayStation Network. We love how Vera’s stickers look in LBP and hope to see lots of levels influenced by her style. Mm.com has a great interview with Vera along with a full site takeover.

LBP DYNAMIC THEME

LittleBigPlanet DynamicTheme Banner

As announced with the 3.0 PS3 Firmware announcement (thanks Eric), the LittleBigPlanet Dynamic Theme hit the store earlier this week for $2.99. Check out SirHypnotoad youtube clip for a sneak peek of the Sackboy Dynamic Theme in motion.

LittleBigPlanet @PAX

Yes, LittleBigPlanet will be at PAX. Drop by the PlayStation booth and check out LittleBigPlanet on both PlayStation 3 and PSP – and if you have something Sack-specific, we may just hook you up with a little sumptin-sumptin…

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Nuclearfish said:

September 4th, 3:55 pm

The 18 bonus levels were made to give new people to the game a taste of what the online community is about, and to encourage them to get creating themselves. They’re kind of saying “this is what’s possible, now go and have a look online to see what else there is out there”.

They aren’t just there to annoy everyone who already has the game. And they’re just community levels, there’s already over 1 million (at least 1000 really awesome ones) that you can play right now.

Although I am actually probably more annoyed than most people – I live in the UK and I’m not even going to be able to get to see what the other 17 creators made. Hopefully though they will release them eventually as a downloadable pack.

It might even be safe to assume that we’ll be able to join a friend with the GOTY edition and play the levels that way, like you can with the MGS levels if you don’t have them yourself.

Mikaa1701 said:

September 4th, 4:03 pm

Great. Wonderful. Where’s the demo for the PSP version? I’d like to try it before I get it…

wolfzero1 said:

September 4th, 4:04 pm

the theme is pretty cool, not sure if I want to pay $3 for it, its going to be awful hard to resist. I hope that the bonus levels will be available at some point to those of us that got the game when it first came out

Magesx said:

September 4th, 4:06 pm

I think that’s a good idea, letting people get their feet wet before jumping in, but I don’t see how it’s fair to disallow early adopters from playing them at all. And sadly, not all of us know people who plan on getting the GotY edition. I’m might be lucky enough to know a guy, but I would like to play those on my own time, not his.

R1LEY62 said:

September 4th, 7:16 pm

PLEASE SONY THIS TIME AT PAX TUST GIVE THE DAMN RELEASE DATE FOT LITTLEBIGPLANET PSP!!!!!!!

ADR143 said:

September 4th, 7:35 pm

gj guys keep up the good work

Minime_01 said:

September 4th, 7:55 pm

I think they should give the free LBP dynamic theme along with the new LBP GOTY edition. = )

Einhander138 said:

September 4th, 8:38 pm

I can’t wait to find out which religion Sony and Media Molecule censor content for this time!

dudex123wako said:

September 4th, 10:11 pm

2.99 I think is a bit too much, 1.99 would be great!!!!

ndw4 said:

September 5th, 12:05 am

Ha,finally they are coming out with a demo for the [people who DON’T have it(?).I hate the new box art though. Glad this one is normal.I mean,what retarded company changes the box arts for their games 3 years into the life cycle of their console.Oh,yeah,Sony.

chiffmonkey said:

September 5th, 1:33 am

@MeanMrMustard Try my Pink Floyd – High Hopes level

TheRealDeal5150 said:

September 5th, 1:43 am

Awl. Man it’s been pushed back to the 10th. Here I was counting down to the 8th so that I could pick this game up and now it’s been pushed back a couple more days.I want it now. (SC)But having the demo out so people can try it is pretty cool. Trust me you wont get disappointed the game is VERY ADDICTING. I’m playing my roommates game right now. Can’t wait to pick up my very own copy of LBP GOTY guess I have to wait some more and guess my roommate has to wait a little longer to get his Reg version back.

RobRoks said:

September 5th, 1:49 am

looking good can’t wait :)

DTHCND said:

September 5th, 6:22 am

Will there be a way for me or other people that have LBP, to upgrade or something instead of just buying it AGAIN????????

ChainClutch said:

September 5th, 7:50 am

I was in the LBP beta but Im looking forward to trying out the demo.. i never brought LBP cause i wasnt impressed by the beta, heres hoping the demo will change my mind. looking forward to it. thanks for given us a demo!

colmshan1990 said:

September 5th, 9:37 am

Just so you know, the link for the sixth axis article is:

By the way, from the first few comment responses I believe that the water add-on will be paid-for DLC. Am I correct in that assumption?

bigblack404 said:

September 5th, 11:07 am

Definitely buying this next week or in two weeks. So many great exclusives this year. Uncharted 2, God of War collection, Ratchet and Clank, and now this game for just 30 bucks! Amazing deal. One question though. How much free dlc are we talking here? Is the MGS4 content the only free dlc we get? Thanks Mark.

Indrux_12 said:

September 5th, 11:34 am

Wait, does that mean PS3 games will have the ugly start up logo rather than what’s on it now?

bigblack404 said:

September 5th, 2:07 pm

Don’t know where I read that it was 30 bucks but whatever. Guess I’ll save for Uncharted 2 now. I wish it was 30 though.

QWERTY-HHH said:

September 5th, 6:02 pm

that sounds so cool, i might get it-even though i already have little big planet.

QWERTY-HHH said:

September 5th, 6:05 pm

@bigblack404.
all dlc that’s out now will be on it. plus 18 exclusive levels! it’s a stael an $30 BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN-HONDA said:

September 6th, 1:29 am

so.. are we getting water on lbp or not?

UNLV01 said:

September 6th, 7:59 am

This looks good for those of us who have yet to jump on the LBP **Cough**Cough**(me)**Cough** Also, the free DLC is a good way to introduce the use of DLC

shradestar said:

September 6th, 10:36 am

are the regular save files compatible with game of the year edition game

shradestar said:

September 6th, 10:38 am

are the regular save files compatible with game of the year edition game?

QWERTY-HHH said:

September 6th, 10:43 am

water will come sometime. and regular saves are compatible with lbp goty

TehBenMan said:

September 7th, 6:11 am

Hey i hope you can answer my question.

Will the LBP demo be available on the PSP?

I’m going to need something like a demo to quench my thirst til the release on it on the PSP

BlingOnMyWrist said:

September 7th, 10:21 am

Hey there, what’s this neglect of TheSixthAxis?

paddy_johnston said:

September 8th, 2:20 am

Will the grid settings on LBP PSP be the same as on PSP? I know some will keep it on but me and likely some others would probly like the creative freedom. I also read in an interview that you can’t make objects with holes in because the grid automatically fill it in. Is this true? Is there any possibility of a manual fillbucket tool instead? Else we cant make donut shapes D:

Army_of_Lefty said:

September 8th, 3:35 am

good job with everything mark, the GOTY is gonna be a huge hit in stores and the demo is gonna be a smash hit. and today is my birthday so im gonna have some cash for the PSN and im gonna probably buy the dynamic theme.

paddy_johnston said:

September 8th, 3:37 am

Also, you seem to have taken a step backwards graphically.

Bruce(the australian creator guy) went from something very cool looking:

To something a bit ugly:

Roark_architect said:

September 10th, 7:10 am

I’ve been searching for the LBP demo this morning, but can’t find it!? Is it still being released today? Thanks.

PAGE 1 2