Bloodborne

Update on PS3 Firmware 3.00

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Sep 04, 2009 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

SCEA is aware of reports that PS3 owners are experiencing isolated issues with their PS3 system since installing the most recent system software update (v3.00). Rest assured that we are looking into the matter and will provide an update here as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, as it’s our mission to deliver the best consumer experience on all PlayStation platforms.

1,210 Comments

PAGE 1 22 23 24 25

+ simsgt on September 14th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

Where is it ? (3.01)

+ steelguin on September 14th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

before it would just freeze during the first quarter of madden now everytime i am trying to start madden after 3.01 i am getting this error code 80010514 never saw this before. anyone know what that is?

+ MrKazuomi on September 14th, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

@1153

Here’s a link I found to describe what error code 80010514 means. Google is your friend.

+ steelguin on September 14th, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

now i got 8002002b error

+ shallowpoint on September 14th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Still not reading my disc’s im about done with this BS im not giving them 150 to fix what they broke…..

+ shallowpoint on September 14th, 2009 at 8:26 pm said:

So when is 3.02!!!! 3.01 did nothing but get my hopes up.

+ shallowpoint on September 14th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

so when is 3.02!!! 3.01 did nothing but get my hopes up.

+ steelguin on September 14th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

unbelievable mine would at least read them now i cant even get a game started

+ shallowpoint on September 14th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

Now there blocking my comments

+ steelguin on September 14th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

i cant get it to read any discs now not even virtue fighter 5 works this sucks and i cant afford to get it fixed and i cant get a new one. They need to take the blame on this and admit they did wrong and get this fixed i have been an exclusive sony only person since i can remember and this is the first real problem i have had and i dont like the way they are handling this.

+ shallowpoint on September 14th, 2009 at 8:58 pm said:

steelguin I feel your pain bro I spend alot of my time claiming to my friends that the ps3 is the better system & now this!!!! I cant play any games watch any movies & I just orderd WET online. IM NOT HAPPY………

+ mc_doraemon on September 14th, 2009 at 9:24 pm said:

Firmware 3.01 is live, and Uncharted works fine now. Thank you!!!

+ nyc_gamer4life on September 15th, 2009 at 3:15 am said:

thank god they released this. i just recently purchased a ps3 like 2 weeks ago. and i just started playing uncharted. i love the game but just when i got to chapter 11. the game started freezing on me live crazy. i was going nuts with this. and it was making me feel like i wasted money on my ps3. im glad sony did the right thing and released this update right away. my system is new so i didnt like the idea of any game making it freeze because of this dreaded firmware 3.0! now im hoping to continue uncharted since i think its an amazing game.

+ KK-Dan on September 15th, 2009 at 3:37 am said:

For me 2.80 was perfect and I hate everything that changed in 3.0 except multi-audio out which is useful for me. If the cosmetic changes could all be optional, and the stability issues fixed, then it wouild be fine. We can change the font style from normal to rounded but we can’t change the font size??

My friend replaced his hard drive and was required to load a firmware from USB. So, I was thinking I could reformat my hard drive and reload 2.80 from USB.

I don’t care about online games, but I have purchased several games from the PS Store. Will I be able to reload those with 2.80? Does anyone know if doing a system backup/restore will bring back the downloaded games? Will it also bring back firmware 3.0?

I hate this Turdstaion now.

+ BoatMisser on September 15th, 2009 at 3:56 am said:

Post 3.01 and I still can’t read BD disk. I was hopeful for while, Ghostbuseters started to load and then froze, managed to get it back to xmb only for this to be frozen also.
I tried the Restore File System option again, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to do, its just that when I run it it says my File System is corrupt, it says its restoring etc etc, but upon startup if I immediately return to the recovery menu and run Restore File System again, it still says my File System is corrupt, I can do this multiple times and it always says File System is corrupt, even using a brand new HDD.

Where does it Restore the File System from as it seems to me that it is the source it is restoring from that is corrupt???

+ uwilDIE on September 15th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

I STILL DON’T NO WHAT THIS CODE IS 80031606 I ASKED SONY.THEY NEVER SEEM IT BEFOR.SONY OR ANY.IF YOU FIND OUT WHAT THIS MEAN LET ME NO.POST COMMENT.

+ steelguin on September 15th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

i am done on this thread they wont look at this one anymore i am moving to the 3.01 thread.

+ BILLYGOLDEN78 on September 15th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

hey guys – after patiently waiting for 2 weeks, just downloaded 3.01 in the hope that it would finally let me continue Uncharted. Unfortunately it STILL freezes at the same cutscene in chapter 6 (when Nate uses Drake’s telescope).

Has this update worked for anyone????

+ DudeZee on September 15th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Uncharted froze on me in chapter 18 but since the update it’s working fine for me.I’m glad they fixed it

+ uwilDIE on September 15th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

I GOT THE RETURN BOX TODAY.THANK YOU SONY.JUST AS FAST AS XBOX.SEND OUT!!.

+ KillBillyou on September 15th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

No way !! have installed the update 3.01 and my ps3 is still the same problem of not reading the DVDs of my games … he must have died the DVD player. was confident that this update solved but I’ve seen that not .. is horrible …. I WANT TO PLAY

+ mattergamer47 on September 15th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

thanx psn btw are u making halo 4 ps3 i heard rumors that i belive are true?

+ DVelazquez on September 16th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Update 3.01 did not fix my 40GB model. Still will not recognize disks. It worked flawlessly until the update to 3.00.

There is no way so many drive failures coincided with the release of the 3.00 update. Drives were rendered non-functional by the software.

Please fix this software.

+ BoatMisser on September 16th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

When I talked to Sony service centre about the BD reading problem I was told it had to be a hardware problem as the firmware could not cause any such hardware issues. I was also told that mine was the firts time they’d come across this issue. So basically they say its just a coincedence, it has nothing to do with the firmware update and that my hardware is faulty and unrepairable so please pay for an out of warrenty exchange, thank you very much and have a nice day.

+ siwofuel on September 16th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

this is one of the only firmware upgrades where i have seen the PS3 regressed. I am not a big game player like other users but my problem start with accessibility with my media server.

I am having issues streaming data, more hiccups during playback now when I never did before. the PS Button has been rendered useless during music playback. I used to be able to look at other music files while one is in play and that no longer works and also unable to run a picture play list and music play list simultaneously.

What have you guys done. I wanna love the PS3 more not less.

+ Paradox_-_5024 on September 16th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

I have no problems with the update but maybe you should make 3.00 update optional?

One thing I think you should update is the XMB and make new avatars please

+ ACE_OF_BEATZ on September 16th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

make a update where we can listen 2 music while playing people keep saying that y xbox better!!!! comment on this

+ uwilDIE on September 16th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Well i hope that i won’t be disapointed.When i get my console back for sony.I just hope that i will be able to use both of my accounts with sony.I’ll let you’ll no how long it take to get my system back from the repair dept.of sony,and if my console work the way it should.However i’m still going to watch people comments.To see how bad this gets.I want to get a console for my son.but will wait.The system in my mine is still better that xbox any day.Xbox has it problem to.Red ring of death,mic suck,no chatrooms or home.Killzone2 is ten times better than halo any day.

+ am234 on September 16th, 2009 at 9:08 pm said:

With 3.01, I still can’t view my “DNG” format photos, my downloaded games are still not showing, and I would like to see the names of ALL files when I scroll.

FW 3.01 is a crap!!

+ earnslaw on September 16th, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

3.01 didn’t do any type of improvement at all for me. I have an 80gb from 2.5 years ago that was fully backwards compatible with PS2 games. Now I can only play PS2 games, not any PS3 games. Email requests for help to Sony go unanswered, althought they promise to get back to you in 48 hours. I’m sure they’ll figure out a new version of the system update, and I’m also sure that we’ll be having these same problems with even further updates down the road.

+ DJfrod on September 16th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.All work and no PS3 make Jack a dull boy.

+ DJfrod on September 16th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

+ whpitt on September 17th, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

Exchanged the “brick” for a new PS3 slim. The new one works fine with all 5 games.

What confidence do you think I have in updating the news PS3 slim with any current or future firmware?

Bottom line…stop marketing the system with free on-line gaming.

This begs for a class-action. This is not the first incident.

+ Psycho_Eddie on September 17th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

How can I turn off the new gaywad white info box that is even now burning itself into my 52 inch screen?

+ Prgm-Usr-X on September 17th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Someone let me know if there XMB loads slow and also if they DL Demos do they not show up on the XMB. Cause mine loads slow and demos are not showing. Give me back 2.80!!!

+ yourmama69 on September 17th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

games freazing on mine to…. tryied to do option 3 wich sony claims works for freezing games did not make a difrence… hope something is done soon cause this s*** is week………

+ yourmama69 on September 17th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

does anyone get disconected from network? i keep getting booted of the net on the ps3.

+ Ragionieri on September 17th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

For the people who are sending their PS3’s in. Are you paying for it or have they recognized it it their fault? I personally cannot swallow paying $150 for something that Sony broke. I know this has not affected everyone, but it seems like it has affected enough people where they have to do something about. Like most of us, I have spent over $1500 on Sony products and refuse to spend a dollar to pay for something that their firmware broke (my system).

Has anyone had any other luck with telephone calls or emails to customer service? I have not been written back yet. And yeah, one of the 3 people I talked to said “this is the first one today that has had this problem” yeah right…

+ uwilDIE on September 17th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Thanks god,that my system is still under 1 year old.Ragionieri, call them and ask if they would give you a brake in price.It mite work.Don’t be mean about it. that seem to work.I’ve got help buy just been open mined.$150.00 hit people realy hard.Shipping on top of that.$200.00 out pocket.there a car payment.Four games that you are not buying form sony.Less playing time on there system.More for the other.

+ Yoraco on September 18th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

ROLLBACK TO 2.80 NOW!

+ DeezNuttz5 on September 18th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Alright, going on 2 weeks since we’ve heard an update from Sony and I’m beginning to become restless. Does anyone think that taking them to small claims court would hold up? After all, I was told that the update (3.0) was required to play my recently purchased The Beatles Rock Band and then my PS3 bricked. There is NO WAY that I will pay to have something fixed that an update screwed up, unless it is $50 towards small claims. Sony, you are losing a die-hard fan quickly. Get your [DELETED] together!

+ eZAPMAN on September 18th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

very simple problem.
I just obtained a PS3 slimline.
My family all want me to enlarge the font size. On large LCD screens you sit just out of range to read text easy. Please allow for a way to change in SETTINGS the FONT siza besides the font type. AND make sure it is able to overide programs font size.

+ RaffStar on September 20th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

Got a real problem with my ps3, got the error code 80010514, it freezes in games, and freezes while loading, i want to know if Sony can do something about this, and does the problem disappear when resetting the ps3?

Need answers quick!

Many Thanks.

RaffStar

+ TomRPorta_67 on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

Too scared to update!

Since I never got a real reply to cry for help..I took my new system back and got it replaced. Now I’ll wait til you get your crap together and since my discs work now with the old firmware, I’ll play the games and movies I have.

You really should’ve rolled back to a previous working firmware and polished up that turd you dropped on us.

+ drizztgt on September 22nd, 2009 at 11:48 pm said:

Can’t access Blu-ray films or games (which in essence makes my PS3 a big paperweight). Worked just fine before the updates (3.0 and 3.01), and stopped working immediately after.

Rollback to 2.80 or offer a new firmware that fixes this problem (fast!). I love my PS3, but if it’s truly dead after just two years, thanks to SCEA’s mistakes, it’ll mark the last time I (and others) buy anything with “Sony” on it.

+ santekllr on September 25th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

+1 for a PS3 Blu-ray brick after the 3.0 update.

Much to the delight of my wife, the thing froze about 5 minutes into Star Trek III.

Can’t read Bluray, can’t plan games.

Thanks Sony.

+ SquareMonkey on September 26th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

+1 my PS3 will now not play any blu-ray videos or games, or dvd’s since updating to 3.01. I am strangely glad in a way that everyone else seems to be having the same issue, but very unhappy that a software updated could be released that would do so much damage.

I have the original launch date 60 GB PS3, I was really looking forward to getting in to a bit of Uncharted 2, hopefully Sony will fix this issue soon.

Also quite frustrating is that I hired Angels & Demons from Blockbuster on Blu-ray, have paid the rental charge but I am unable to watch the thing!

+ iroderick on September 26th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

I have a 60G, serial CECHA01 no longer reading disks. I have done research: articles and video’s of complaints regarding PS3’s. I was unaware PS firmware causes problems to the system. I have made (4) calls to SONY the first and third C/S reps told me to just pay $150…the second rep told me to restore my system, which took 3hrs and 45mins. If you have a problem…there is an option. Men lie, women lie…numbers don’t! I am seeking avenues to make my inquiry official.

+ MEddy777 on September 28th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Please send a new PS3. I updated to 3.01 over the weekend, with in 1 hours my system shut itself down and will not come back up. I have the flashing red light of death. cannot be a coincidence…can it?

+ chickenator456 on September 29th, 2009 at 4:32 am said:

Nice sparkly stuff — honestly, who cares?
Where in the release notes does it point out that users can no longer browse photos, music while playing music? Was this useful capability high on someone’s peeve list?

Just like Apple, the release notes only talk about features, not about the big usability “fixes”. You almost need a test system to find out what critical functions are now missing, since rollback is impossible.

Please bring this capability back, maybe add an ability to enqueue songs so we can build a playlist on the fly, then sit back and browse photos or whatever.

I have an original 60 (now a 320) and this is still a fantastic product. How about NTFS or HFS+ support and >4GB support for MP4s?

PAGE 1 22 23 24 25