PS4 - Transistor

Update on PS3 Firmware 3.00

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Sep 04, 2009 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

SCEA is aware of reports that PS3 owners are experiencing isolated issues with their PS3 system since installing the most recent system software update (v3.00). Rest assured that we are looking into the matter and will provide an update here as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, as it’s our mission to deliver the best consumer experience on all PlayStation platforms.

1,210 Comments

PAGE 1 23 24 25

+ venom_s6v on September 29th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Ive never had one issue with my PS3 the last 10 months owning it. As soon as I updated random issues. Demos will sometimes just load to a black screen and hand, requiring a reboot of the machine. Certain games wont play now and it just seems to have slower load times for things than it used to.

+ BPDX on September 29th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Well the only thing I can say after BLACK SCREEN OF USELESSNESS!

WTF?! People should be fired, and an older firmware image should be pushed out. A *HUGE* Warning that this 3.x firmware has been known to totally break the playstation should be displayed – and doing the annoying microsoft(r) are you sure a couple of times would be an attention getter that your programmers and quality assurance guys don’t know what the f#CK they are doing! I have been a programmer since the early 80′s and expluding that other software company have never seen an EPIC FAIL like this guys!

Sincerely,
Pissed Customer!
Sr. Software Architect of 3F Labs.

+ bullseye007d on September 30th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

sony’s ps3 “done gone and f-ed my world.” it’s madden 2010. i’m driving with cutler for another heroic comeback. the ball is snapped; hester is on a streak; and “click”. it’s a f-bomb frozen kodak moment. the ice-age 2009. i can’t believe my eyes. the bears are suspended in air and time. consternation and distress kick in. NEVER experienced a problem with my ps3 80gig (bought oct. ’08) until now. all was fine before the firmware update (which i downloaded/installed) yesterday. now, the ps3 WON”T EVEN READ MY DISCS!!! silence now screams when I insert BATMAN: AA; INFAMOUS; MLB THE SHOW! i called sony customer service on sept. 30, 2009. their response (jest):

1) “we’re not aware of any problems with the ps3 freezing or blu-ray issues.”
2) “you need to fill out an online service request.”
3) “we’ll send you a prepaid postage box to package and mail your ps3″
4) “no warranty = $150.”
5) “payment available online.” – no recession for sony
6) “return time = at least a few weeks to a month.”

pardon the interruption, sony, but i’m a lil bit disappointed that this firmware imperfection has surfaced. i guess my online franchise bears should prepare for extinction.

+ BenTheMack on October 1st, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

I have a 60gb and an 80gb PS3.

After updating to firmware 3.01, BOTH systems are completely junked. They will not read media at all. I called Sony and they are ZERO help.

I will not pay them $150 to fix their problem.

I am aware this doesn’t happen to every PS3, but it is happening to a lot of them. Sony NEEDS TO RESPOND!

Please help! Will a new blu-ray drive even work? What should I do?

+ sparda_thedemon on October 2nd, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

SONY please fix this problem with the blu-ray drive

I cant play blu-ray or games

I dont want spend more money i have 2 PS3

1.-YLOD

2.-3.0 AND 3.01 SOFTWARE PROBLEM

+ BenTheMack on October 2nd, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

I would recommend contacting the FTC and Better Business Bureau…

I have sent detailed letters to them as well as Sony.

Sony has promptly denied any knowledge of this, but it is obvious that there is a problem.

+ theunmerciful1 on October 3rd, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

I dont have $150 to give away, my system worked just fine and i have 3 friends who are experiencing the same problem after the 3.01 update. The only thing being isolated is the loyal consumers of sony products something has to be illegal here if not just immoral and unethical. Shame on you sony after thousands of dollars and years from my household microsoft repairs their recalls for free. I refuse to be treated this way and I am not by myself

+ BigX_66 on October 3rd, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

I cant believe this. I had installed 3.0 in Sept and the blu ray drive disappeared. A quick reset through the servie menu and i got it back. Thought this was an isoltaed incident. Now 3.1 come out..stick in my fresh copy of Fifa10 and low an dbehold nothing…no dvd’s, cd’s blu ray. Web full off diode issues on Blue ray drive. Either way this unit is not fit for purpose and everyone should write to consumer advise etc

+ rubberbandman989 on October 3rd, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

everyone i know has a 360 but me, and i usually can defend it well until a little while ago i updated my firmware and now i can’t play games, im thinking about buying a 360, im sick of sony screwing me

+ je-saist on October 3rd, 2009 at 9:09 pm said:

Got around to updating my own PS3 to Firmware 3.1 from… I dunno. I skipped a few firmware updates because my Wii gets more attention. Anyways, good news. the firmware works.

Bad news: GIVE ME AN OPTION TO TURN THAT BLOODY NEWS TICKER OFF.

That is all.