Uncharted 4

MAG Pre-order Bonuses: Choose your PMC

Chris Munson's Avatar + Posted by Chris Munson on Sep 08, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

After our huge showing at PAX, we are happy to follow it up today with our announcement of the pre-order items for MAG. From exclusive in-game characters to a one-of-a-kind Home Space to the long-awaited Public Beta access, we’ve got something for every new MAG operative. Are you ready to be one of us come January 26, 2010? Then get pre-ordering soldier!

SVER preorder

Exclusive S.V.E.R In-Game Character

This exclusive S.V.E.R. (Seryi Volk Executive Response) Hazard Trooper comes with the unique Hazard Camo Pattern, Hazard Improved Ballistic Vest, and the Hazard Improved Helmet. S.V.E.R. operatives live for the chance to achieve the honor they believe they deserve. The Hazard design is ideal for instilling the fear they are so used to administering on the battlefield. “The fire within fuels the true warrior.”

To pre-order, click here.

Raven preorder

Exclusive RAVEN In-Game Character

This exclusive Raven Industries operative comes with a unique Spyder Camo Pattern, Spyder Reinforced 2nd Gen Composite, and Spyder Reinforced 2nd Gen Helmet.

Quoting a recent Raven press release, “Spyder defense materials are designed by Raven Industries top field weapons researchers. Stealthy yet defensive, the Spyder materials increase Raven operatives ability to take control of the battle with superior technology.”

To pre-order, click here.

Valor preorder

Exclusive VALOR In-Game Character

This exclusive Valor in-game operative comes with a unique Bulldog Camo Pattern, the Bulldog Mk 2 Reinforced Fiber, and the Bulldog Mk 2 Helmet. For a Valor Company operative, donning the battle tested Bulldog uniform communicates a level of preparedness, induces intimidation in the enemy, and perfectly matches their motto – “Improvise, adapt, and overcome”.

Pre-order info TBD.

SVER logo

Exclusive S.V.E.R. PlayStation Home Personal Space

This S.V.E.R. PlayStation Home Space comes custom-made with the unconventional look of this unique PMC, focusing on beige and earth-toned gear, perfect for the guerrilla-style fighter within. If you live by the creed, and feel fear and intimidation are the cornerstones of any good fighting force, then show-off your true colors with a one-of-a-kind space.

To pre-order, click here.

magbetavoucher

MAG Public Beta Access (10/12/2009 – 11/20/2009)

If you’re not a Qore subscriber, but you’re ready to try out the most anticipated new shooter on the market before the game launches, here’s your chance to pre-order now and get into the final big Public Beta window that starts 10/12/2009. All of you that pre-order through this method will get an exclusive window of playing time after 11/9…and the Beta window will be open 24/7.

To pre-order, click here.

145 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SolduNuts on September 8th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game. This upcoming year is going to be the best for both Playstation platforms. Nuff said.

+ AntDaGamer on September 8th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

@50 Socom and KZ2 have alot to me.

+ qwertyuiopasdfgh on September 9th, 2009 at 1:50 am said:

@ Chris Munson

I’m in the EU but i have a US account. If i subscribe to Qore before September 17, will i be able to download and play the MAG Beta?

+ The12Chambers on September 9th, 2009 at 3:15 am said:

Nice Pre-Order Bonus But It Would Be A Lot Better For The Fans If The Code Let You Choose What Character You Wanted By Choosing Your Faction, Not Making Loyal Fans Have To Jump Through Hoops And Buy From Certain Places Certain Places To Be Able To Have A Special Character For A Faction They Really Want!

+ Nath_gamer on September 9th, 2009 at 4:17 am said:

this is too awesome i have already pre-ordered ratchet and clank a crack in time then after that i still need to buy the following games because there is no way in hell i can live without them: 1st uncharted 2 amoung theives, 2nd TEKKEN 6, 3rd borderlands, 4th (this) MAG, 5th eye-pet, 6th need for speed shift, 7th mini ninjas, 8th FFXIII, 9th heavy rain, 10th ninja gaiden sigma 2, 11th crysis 2, 12th dirt 2, 13th operation flashpoint: dragon rising, 14th gran turismo 5, 15th the agency, 16th god of war 3, 17th FF vs XIII, and FFXIV and the list is endless!!!!!!! and i dont have infinite money so i have to carefully decide what games to get in what order!!!, and before you ask yes i have a job! but i get $16/month :(

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 9th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

hey sony, the new covers aren’t cool, we need consistency in the look of our gaming library

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 9th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

at least add the “only on playsation” on the already big gray bar

+ BigBoss712 on September 9th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Looking forward to this game but still unsure about it, maybe the beta will help me decide. The PMC I’m interested in is Valor but the pre-order info is TBD.

+ S_T_A_L_K_E_R_RU on September 9th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

I have question if I have pre-ordered Mag on Amazon can I still get Exclusive S.V.E.R In-Game Character? Thank you in advance

+ zombie9 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

I’m still up in the air on buying this game. Still WAITING to play the beta before I decide and I think the pre order deal is a little weak. Where is my night vision googles? LOL :)

+ calibus2000 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Well i was going to buy this game, but i will pass on it for now. I hate GameStop and the bonus pre-order i want is through them. Thanks Zipper and Sony. Way to go….

+ warspite101 on September 9th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

@ #7, canadians can preorder at eb games, they are canada’s gamestop

+ robstadamobsta on September 9th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

hmmm the home space is uite enticing but probabl going to preoder from gamestop to get that beta and the exxclusive in-game soldier :)

+ SlashStriker on September 9th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Your pissing me off with this Pre-order crap sony, I always shop at gamestop, and as much as I love beta’s and think the S.V.E.R. skin is nice, I plan on being raven, and I want the home space too, please keep the same bonus’s for every store, this is the 3rd time in a month you’ve let me down like this… (Uncharted 2, and Ratchet are the other two)

+ mattroks101 on September 9th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

ya know an open beta is called an open beta cause it’s open. paying 24 dollers to become a quore subscriber is not open :(

+ Krynnost on September 9th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

Wonderful…when MAG releases I’ll have unlocked a custom character for one of the PMCs I don’t intend to play as. I can understand making different exlcusive pre-order deal with several retailers to increase profits for developer and publisher. But making different character exclusives combined with the lose XP? unlocks? perks? for switching factions, not very kind of you Zipper. I only hope the exclusives are only visual upgrades and no special perks/skills.

+ Sekoku on September 9th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Exclusive pre-order stuff sucks. Either do pre-order bonuses or not at all. :|

Also $5 and then cancel > $22 mystery-box magazine that isn’t subtitled for my deaf ass. Sorry, Veronica but I’ll swing by Gamestop to get my beta.

+ TGolem on September 9th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

I really don’t like that you chose Private Military Companies as the forces in the game because they are the scum of the earth.

+ Lowe0 on September 9th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

Lose the exclusive betas, Sony. An exclusive costume is fine, but a chance to see if we want to play the game before plunking down $60 is not something you want to hold back from your customers.

+ xmojo94 on September 9th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

To bad i’ll be playing Modern Warfare 2 :(

+ WARRIOR_36 on September 10th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

It’s not 3rd person, so I’m not interested!

+ Lasse1974 on September 10th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

I Want my game now…………………

+ themadmen on September 10th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Hey when will Qore subscribers receive the beta key? I bought my Qore annual subscription last Friday and i haven’t receive not key yet, why SCEA?
I don’t know why I bother leaving this comment or ask a question if SCEA 98% of times never responds to our question.

Hello SCEA

+ H1TnRUN on September 10th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Cool pre-order bonus. Thanks.

Chris Munson's Avatar

+ Chris Munson on September 10th, 2009 at 10:59 pm said:

Hi all,
Chris Munson here. Thanks for all the great support thus far. I’ve been reading your questions and will try to answer as many here as possible.

• Exclusive Beta – yes, this is the big Beta that you all have been waiting for. Access will start Oct. 12. We need you, your friends, your clans, your neighbors, and your neighbor’s cat/dog/pet parakeet to participate in this Beta because this is how we can test our system in order to deliver the biggest and best possible shooter experience to you. What are you waiting for?????

• S.V.E.R. in-game character and MAG Beta – both of these items are at the same retailer and yes, you will get them both if you order from them.

• When will the Valor in-game character be available for pre-order? Short answer, very soon. Stay tuned.

For you guys (and gals) in Canada, don’t worry…you too will have a pre-order item(s) soon.

Look for more FAQs here and at http://www.MAG.com.

Thanks
Chris

+ lonewolf1994 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

nice stuff to pre order! but i wont be pre ordering… al wait till the reviews before i buy an online only game

+ C_DeMan on September 11th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

So will I get bonuses if I pre ordered it at eb games
and if I can’t, can you cancel the pre order at eb games

+ xxSIV3Lxx on September 11th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I was unaware Playstation allowed racial comments in the MAG forums. Can someone please do something about this? Otherwise im sure CNN, Fox or some other news would like to hear about this.

+ Busey on September 12th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Cool gotta get this beta

+ nilzz28 on September 13th, 2009 at 2:46 am said:

its released after MW2, so less people will buy it, cause MW2 is much better.
sorry Sony…

+ warfighter55 on September 13th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

i can’t pre order from game crazy for the raven dude

+ DoddisGOD1971 on September 13th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

can’t wait 4 MAG but where do u have 2 pre-order from to get the home space thnx whoever answers this =>

+ ScorpionX27 on September 13th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

I’ve been subscribed to qore since early august and i still have not recieved my beta voucher in my e-mail.

+ NfLfaN88 on September 14th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

god, when are they going to release the info about the valor character? That’s the character I want the most.

+ NfLfaN88 on September 14th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

So I have a big question on my mind fellow ps3 fans. Which faction will you choose? I know I’m going Valor.

+ dbgUSMC on September 15th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Got my beta code today for being a Qore subscriber. Starts the 17th… Valor is what team I am picking.

+ dOOkY_BrOwN on September 22nd, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

still patiently but eagerly waiting for the code from my qore subscription… but it could be worse… I could have an xbox!

+ firegod793 on September 22nd, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

@18 me too!!! i thought i was the only one

+ bouncingsoul on September 24th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Could someone please clarify 4 me: On 1up .com it says if you preorder through gamestop you get access to the public beta as well as the exsclusive beta, is this true? Or do you just get access to the gamestop exsclusive beta? PLEASE PLEASE someone help me answer this….

+ ReservoirDogs18 on September 25th, 2009 at 1:11 am said:

great options….surely i will buy this game when it comes out.

+ x1BrYcE1x on October 3rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Yeah we could use some clarification on the dates we will actually be able to play(starting and Ending).

It sounds like:
Pre-order Beta starts on Oct12 through Nov20
Qore beta ends on Nov8(pre-order to continue)
So do all the public betas end Nov20?

Info from: http://forums.mag.com/mag/board/message?message.uid=2659#U2659

+ Nintendo451 on October 5th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

Along those lines, I have a question as well.

I got the MAG Beta through the email program that they did around the time of PAX.

Is my beta no longer valid? Will it be valid with the later beta with the Qore subscribers and the Gamestop pre-orders?

Just wondering if I should keep the game or delete it. Thank you very much!

+ TwilightVenom on October 7th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Is the GameStop pre-order bonus also available in Canada? When I pre-ordered MAG at EB Games and asked an employee about the bonus, they didn’t know what I was talking about.

PAGE 1 2 3