Uncharted 4

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron PSP Interview and Walkthrough

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Sep 09, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Just before PAX, Jeff and I visited LucasArts for some quality time with two upcoming Star Wars PlayStation games…the first of which, you’ll see right here. LucasArts’ Patrick Alvarado walks us through just about everything you wanted to know about Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron for PSP. And soon, Jeff gets the goods on Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3. The force is strong with this one…

PAGE 1 2

+ stennex on September 9th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Some good stuff. Needs a bit more refining especially the graphics. Hope it turns out good. Go Star Wars!

+ Ghost_Shrimp on September 9th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

This looks good but I really want Battlefront 3 for PS3. Is there even a chance it will come out?

+ LukaX23 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Can I get a review copy? ;-)

+ DEBO2U on September 9th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

The force is strong with this one.(aka I will buy this)
A ps3 battlefront would be awsome too.

+ inuyasha5400 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

hope its good like the last. what do you think Chris and/or Jeff?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 9th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

I want it :-)
    Just like the idea of going from ground battle to space battle.

+ billyjimbob on September 9th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

make battlefront 3 for ps3 please!!!

+ Cory5150 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

jeff u did it again, good interview.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 9th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

That\’s Chris, but some killer camera work, amirite?

+ ToastyEwok on September 9th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

I want to see a Battlefront on PS3 too! Also, can they make it where you can use the Dualshock 3 Controller to play the game on PSP? That would be awesome!

+ poweredbyzen on September 9th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

would love a demo – please?!

+ MysteriousChimp on September 9th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

Its been a long time since Battlefronts 2 came out. And I still play the multiplayer. I am still hoping Batttlefronts 3.

+ redtailman on September 9th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

where is a PS3 version of battlefront Lucasarts?

+ stinvila on September 9th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

my big concern is will there be a MIC funtion so we can communicate with other people and make it a fun game but so far this game gets a 9.5 :D MIC MIC MIC MIC plz put them on that is wut the first one Lacked in and yet the game waz fun but the no mic made it dull after a few need 2 build communities on the PSP online games not just a Pick up and 5min gameplay

+ Vex_Doppel on September 9th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Well, there was a BF3 coming to PS3 but sadly the team went under. You can find the old video of the game on youtube probably. It looked pretty sweet. Why they steal have a team for psp I don’t know, but there is a great demand for a PS3 version. Lets hope that demand is met.

+ Wiscompton on September 9th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS!…ON MY PS3.

+ spatsnaz on September 9th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Wow, that was really in-depth! Looks great!

+ The_Punisher111 on September 9th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Im like the biggest Star Wars Fan EVAR!!! LucasArts can make me poor, hell, i dont even care. GEORGE LUCAS RULES!!!

BTW The Force IS Strong with that one. This probably the only Star Wars game that has Rohm Kota as a playable Jedi. Did they mention a release date?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 9th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

\”Fall\”

+ Bit_Strife on September 9th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Ugh! Nerd rage! An ion cannon wouldn’t knock out the shields it would disable the ship period. Silly game mechanics. Other than that it looks decent. I do wish for PS3 Battlefront. This game doesn’t feel like Battlefront entirely. And I could go without the original story. Don’t want anyone messing up my canon.

+ Raz256 on September 9th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Battlefront for the PS3 please. Thank you!

+ NoobianGod on September 9th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

I never got a survey???

Here’s my responce…

I want all the features up to date for this series, and most importantly a Battlefront for the PS3!!!

+ PsyTruck on September 9th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Kind of cool I guess. Makes me think the battles will be smaller in scale because of the new stuff.

I wish all the features shown so far could go into a full scale PS3 game though. I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

+ DEBO2U on September 9th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Just a thought.
wouldn’t an online only vesion of battlefront be like, Warhawk on crack?!?!
Very Awsome.
Nyway carry on ppl.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on September 9th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Nice interview. Battlefront Three would be great. Just throwing that into the ring also for yas.

+ Munkeh111 on September 9th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I have to say looks good, but we all want it on PS3, 64 player online would be amazing! It was what the game was made for, but yet it is just on PSP…

When is the game coming out

+ Jushee on September 9th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Looks more like Renegade Squadron 1.5

Oh well I’ll still probably get it.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on September 9th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

I just wanna say that Star Wars sucks, the movie, games, everything.

+ vectorman88 on September 9th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

This is an idea I can get behind: One giant battle happening in real time. I am happy that LucasArts has managed to merge space combat with ground combat into one giant battle. If theres anything else id like to see, the death star levels and battles that happened during the star wars games and Clone Wars TV shows. i am very pleased to hear this. I will definitely pick this up for my PSP. That new jedi story sounds pretty interesting. BTW, another reason i like star wars: it just keep expanding beyond the movies. Thanks for the interview Jeff and Chris and thank you LucasArts.

+ bsm1 on September 9th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Cool, but i would really like to see a Star Wars Battlefront 3 for the PS3 sometime soon.

+ bsm1 on September 9th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Nice, thanks for the video.

+ CherylRose on September 9th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

There needs to be home items released along with this new edition of force unleashed, that would be soooo awesome….

+ JediMarco on September 9th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Looks frickin’ awesome!! I loved Renegade Squadron. This looks like it blows that one away! I love anything Star Wars and this is by far a must buy!

+ SnakeStrife on September 9th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

This makes me remember the scraped Battlefront 3 game. Looks like the battles ground to space battles are not as seamless as the scraped version… Man I really would have liked that game.

+ Dehshizknight on September 9th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Haha my brother and his posse of my nephews and cousins are gonna love this.

But what they really wanna see is news of a Battlefront title for PS3.

Great interview!

+ hehe1 on September 9th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

this game is looking good… I want IT!!!! but what gran turismo psp…. damn my wallet :(

+ Brapp347 on September 9th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

oh, chris, your arm must’ve been killing you

+ sacorama on September 9th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

nice game but has bad grafics

+ RRstrong on September 9th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

WHEN ARE THEY COMING OUT WITH A BATTLE FRONT FOR THE CONSOLES !!!!! XP

+ AdmiralAmirable on September 9th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

This looks better than I expected. Might be a pickup while I wait for Ratchet and Clank to come out.

But just like everyone else said and will keep saying, Battlefront for the PS3 would be sick!

+ zeel-01 on September 9th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

so will the controls be crap like in BFRS? or good like in BFII? or maybe fully custom? and any chance of a demo?

+ zooyork198 on September 9th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Screw dis i wnt BF3 4 PS3!!! I been waitin 4ever i wish dey wud pik it up & wrk on it again. :'(

+ Thrasher20 on September 9th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

PS3?

+ rsinal on September 9th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

I think this game’s gonna be great, there’s just one little thing i would like to recommend… a faster rate of fire for the blaster rifle. Maybe the chain gun too. But that’s all i want… and if it does happen… this game will be awesome.

+ piro_z on September 9th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

I wish they continued the jedi knight series… that was the best I thought it was better than force unleashed but battlefront is different, Im looking forward to battlefront 3 for ps3 though

+ Ratcheat305 on September 9th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

getting it for sure!!!!!

+ JKar275 on September 9th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

After buying SW:BF2 for my PSP and being very disappointed, I’m not buying anymore Star Wars games for the PSP. However, I was very pleased with SW:TFU for the PS3. We desperately need a SW Battlefront game for the PS3 with excellent graphics, great story, and a massive amount & variety of vehicles to drive and/or fly.

+ Neo_Selen on September 9th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

PS3 Version. For the love of god. It was so fun on PS2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I’ll even pre-order it.

+ RLx3 on September 9th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

SWB3 Looked good when free radical was making it; too bad they declared bankrupcy, I hope whoever picks it up will make it amazing. BTW This elite squadron looks like a highly upgrade swb2, pretty amazing.

+ INF3RNO132103 on September 9th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

This looks awesome. Gonna be a good addition to my PSP Go! What i’m really looking forward to the forthcoming announcement of a new star wars game (going to be on gametrailers tv), which i’m assuming is going to be Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

+ INF3RNO132103 on September 9th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

As for JKar275’s comment. Battlefield on the PSP has come a long way since BF2. Regardless of your past experiences with it i’d highly recommend giving it another shot. You’ll thank me later.

+ ndw4 on September 9th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

that game is cool

+ Greyhaven on September 10th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

So, noticed he was playing that on a TV… was this just to blow the screen up to show the gameplay off better or will this be an actual function of the game (ie Resistance Retribution and being able to connect with PS3)?

PAGE 1 2