PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos Available September 17 on PSN

Alex Tikhman's Avatar + Posted by Alex Tikhman on Sep 10, 2009 // Sr. Director, TikGames

Hello and welcome to the Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos blog post where all things hidden are good things!

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (available September 17 on PSN for $9.99) is a hidden object game, the first of its kind on the PS3. For those who are not familiar with this type of game, go back to your childhood and remember the “I Spy” and “Where’s Wally” books, in which you needed to locate cleverly hidden objects or characters within the pages of a book. Now imagine that coming to life in vibrant living HD color on your PlayStation 3!

In this wildly addictive genre of games, you will travel around the globe (virtually, of course!) and unravel puzzles in order to gather hidden clues from exotic and remote locations, investigating elaborate crime scenes and overcoming treacherous mini-games along the journey.

Interpol screenshot 1

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos is sure to provide many hours of challenge as we immersed you in over 40 exciting levels and puzzles. The mini-adventures takes place around the world in locations such as Hollywood, New York City, Tokyo, St. Petersburg, Monte Carlo, Interpol Head Quarters, and more!

One of the features I’m most excited about is the multiplayer co-op mode. This fun mode lets players both locally and via the PlayStation Network play along with up to three others. This solves the finger print problem we had on all of our monitors when someone would walk up behind us and wanted to “help” showing where something was hidden. Now they just pick up a controller and can play along.

We’ve all had a great time making this game for you. Our artists have meticulously recreated this puzzle adventure in High Definition graphics, providing a stunning, one of a kind experience.

Interpol screenshot 3

Our team of writers have taken the original story line and re-envisioned it for PlayStation 3, providing for an all new adventure.

And our team of engineers (who by the way LOVE Trophies) have implemented fun Trophies to reward you as you play through the game. Additionally, they’ve included mouse support as well as custom music support so you can jam along to your own tunes as you play.

Please do let us know what you think, as we’ve got more adventures for you in the future!

Interpol screenshot 2

PAGE 1 2

+ acerazer1 on September 10th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Where’s Wally? As in a nickname for Where’s Waldo?

+ EmThor_HU on September 10th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Hi,

I’ve been waiting for such a game for ages, thank you, it’s really unique, and special, will buy it for sure!

Thx

+ Pahibiont on September 10th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

@26

Majong Tales had mouse support as well as UT3.

As for Wally, That,s the name of Wheres Waldo in Europe.

I’m looking forward to this game as well BTW. PS Wand integration would be pretty simple for this game too for those interested in that. Just a cursor pointer, not much but its the small things that count.

+ Pelt_Hunter on September 10th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Okay.. now what’s coming this week to PSN? If it’s not Trine I’ll just give up on it every coming out, considering it’s now on PC for $20 in a box…

I hate to be “that guy” that always complains that a certain game isn’t out yet but from all the interviews I’ve read with the developer they say it’s because of Sony’s cert process. I don’t want a hidden object game, especially with no PSeye support, I would like a deep co-op (or SP) story experience. Zombie Apocalypse comes to mind as well.. Damn Gamepro said it was already out, that’s what I get for reading that rag.

+ guitain on September 10th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

It already came out in Europe?

This is a really daring idea! And I like it!

+ SwampThing71 on September 10th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

I hope this is better than the XBL version that one was dark and murky, you could hardly find anything.

Alex Tikhman's Avatar

+ Alex Tikhman on September 10th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Hi SwampThing71, Interpol PSN has HD quality images, new cities, new puzzles…a lot of cool and engaging stuff!

+ Berae on September 10th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

I love those kind of games! I’m getting this for sure next week!

+ NightHawk17 on September 10th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

Wait so your saying it’s like Where’s Waldo(no offense to tik games) in hi-def?

if so, i’m sold day 1. Good memories with those books

+ SwampThing71 on September 10th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

With the HD quality images I am sold!

+ BigBoss712 on September 10th, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Great, love playing this game with my family, getting it for sure.

+ kdiep on September 10th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

You guys should consider doing a Phoenix Wright clone. I’d love one of those click adventure detective games and was hoping that is what I would be getting when I read Interpol: Trail of Dr Chaos.

Or maybe I should’ve just asked Capcom to do a PW game for PS3. But regardless of who makes it, I’ll buy it.

Actually might get this one too but 10$ is a steep price for such a simple game.

I’d LOVE that you guys have mouse support though. LOVE IT!

+ KIT-_-KAT on September 10th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

look pretty fun! if i got money left over might get it!

+ plaztiksyke on September 10th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Are the art assets 1080p *native*? Why do none of the screenshots above show a fully widescreen image?

I’m really tired of games claiming 1080p, but just upscaling from some lower native resolution. I’ll hold off on a purchase until we get real technical specs.

Is there any music? Which artist(s)? Are the audio assets 24-bit and/or lossless?

I do love some of the slower-paced puzzle games, like Cuboid, for winding down before I go to bed. So, while I am interested in this title, my enthusiasm by other titles that were overly expensive and had Wii-quality graphics/sound.

We all know that PSN titles can, and should, do better. I hope this title heads in the right direction.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 10th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

sorry, tik games this game doesnt interest me at all, course im not on a puzzle game bandwagon

+ Morphine16 on September 10th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Day 1 buy, thanks

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 10th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

No disc = no sale.

When is Sony going to put out a Blu-Ray compilation of PSN games for people?

+ DougAScott on September 10th, 2009 at 10:55 pm said:

My wife and I love playing these games on the PC. The idea of being able to play one on the tee vee has us most pleased. We’ll probably get this on the day.

+ IcedDice777 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:20 am said:

Hi Mr.Tikhman
Will Tikgames ever release/develop an horror version? FOR PSN,On a haunted house or castle….anything?

+ SpyDudeFX on September 11th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Just hope the trophies aren’t painful, too many devs are killing it with 21 tedious bronze trophies per game. Game looks great, might buy. This game actually reminded me of another great game we need revisited in HD: “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?” Such a fun, cool game.

+ SkyNet003 on September 11th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

I might give it a try… once my ps3 gets fixed…

+ SkyNet003 on September 11th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

No disc = no sale.

Don’t care.

+ SirRigby on September 18th, 2009 at 5:29 am said:

Bought instantly for my mom.

+ chisis187 on September 18th, 2009 at 10:31 pm said:

I LOVED PS3 AND ALL OF THE GOOD GAMES SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT XBOX LIVE IS KING BUT I SAY HA THEY ARE PAYING FOR ONLINE GAMING AND GETTING RED RINGS AND BAD GAMES AND YOU GOT TO BUY ALL OF THIS TO PLAY ONE GAME AND IF THE LIVE GOES DOWN YOU STILL PAYING FOR TIME YOU DONT PLAY WHY BUY THAT MY PS4 IS FOUR YRS OLD AND STIL GOING I GONE THUE FIVE XBOXS 360 SO IAM PS3 MAN NOT KID BUT A MAN WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH OTHER OLDER PLAYERS NOT KIDS BUY PS3 4LIFE

PAGE 1 2