Bloodborne

It Only Does Family Togetherness

Peter Dille's Avatar + Posted by Peter Dille on Sep 10, 2009 // Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your amazing feedback on our new “It Only Does Everything” ad campaign. Kevin Butler has been busy pushing the new $299 PS3, not just on our blog but on some of your favorite TV programs, and the reaction has been fantastic.

I mentioned on my initial post that we have a huge campaign designed to show “Everything” the PS3 can do. And since you’re all PlayStation’s biggest fans, we’ll be debuting each one here first. Our next spot features Kevin Butler helping a desperate father connect with his kids by finding the best family-friendly entertainment. The ad is also timed to support the new “Game of the Year” edition of LittleBigPlanet, which shipped this week. The new edition of LBP includes everything from the first game plus more than $30 of bonus content, new levels and free downloadable content packs.

We hope you like this next installment of the campaign as much as you enjoyed the first two spots. Lots more coming, including ads that feature some of our biggest games like UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. You’ll be hearing plenty more from me and Kevin Butler very soon…

Enjoy,

Peter Dille

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ OmegaSpartan08 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

keep em coming! like the new ads!

Peter Dille's Avatar

+ Peter Dille on September 10th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

PlayStation Nation,

We\’re all loving the response from everyone for the new campaign. Thanks for all the great feedback.

A few people have asked where to see the ads on TV. They\’re all over the place but check out tonight\’s season opening NFL game (great match-up between the Steelers and Titans!), Monday Night Football, NCAA Football on ESPN, ESPN SportsCenter, WWE, Family Guy on Fox, Jimmy Kimmel, Letterman, and some great programming on NBC (The Office, 30 Rock), HD Net, Discovery, Spike, TNT — just to name a few.

Got a few more responses to some frequent questions, below.

Thanks again everyone.

Peter

+ TrueLink00 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Wow, that was funny and all so wrong.

+ VanilaGorila-x- on September 10th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

That’s awesome, keep em coming.

Peace,
VG

+ naruto_hinata on September 10th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

LOL! Thats the power of a playstation 3!

+ ManicThunder on September 10th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

Sony has been doing a great job on the PS3 commercials so far. Can’t wait to see what the Uncharted 2 commercial will be about! :P

+ Ftwrthtx on September 10th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

I love these videos. Great Job!

+ drew327 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Fantastic; and great to hear that some of the best games are going to be featured (Uncharted 2, new Ratchet). Keep it up!

+ Zookey on September 10th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Not bad, not bad although LOL I don’t know if the subliminal message ‘buy PS3 and Sony execs will steal your family’ is going to jive well but I still enjoyed it haha.

+ LukaX23 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Hahaha.

+ NARDE15 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

I want a puppy!

+ ExPresident on September 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Atleast these commercials make sense. You guys are improving. Although that former commercial you did with the “Ladies and Gentlemen” song was the BEST I’ve ever seen. Try working that into the $299 price or something, maybe at the end of the PS3 turn into a mouth and say like “I AM $299″ or somethin in transformer voice lol.

Meh, keep the good work tho!

+ echogridlock on September 10th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

I havent seen these in home or on the PS store. Granted people who would download them or view via home, already own a PS3 but still. They would be nice to share with my family without having to go online.

Peter Dille's Avatar

+ Peter Dille on September 10th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Great idea – we\’re on it!

+ Cjdamon042 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

lmao, these are fantastic. I really love what you’re doing with these adverts. Shame I can’t say the same about our UK ones, but whatever.

I just love the humour in them haha

And Jenny’s laugh at the end was amazing :p

+ lcmnick on September 10th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

I hope there’s a Gran Turismo 5 one…

I’d like to see Kevin take on the definitve racing game…

Peter Dille's Avatar

+ Peter Dille on September 10th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Oh, we have one for GT5 all right…

+ Misfit-Hawk on September 10th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

I like the humor in the commercials, keep it up!

+ CEK111 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Looking forward to the Uncharted 2 one, they MUST add KITTY GOT WET !

Far better than the UK adds we have ere in Ireland…. :(

+ GAT305 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

lmao these commercials are freakin awesome keep it up guys

+ thepatriots on September 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Made me laugh like crazy. Great ad. Wife’s life was a bit creepy but overall great ad. I know time is limited but I would try to focus on the features just a bit more. Instead of a fiery swing set I would have done a lavish one and then comment on how the PS3 is much more cost effective or functional. Thats just my 2 cents.

+ Sindred on September 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Suggestion: Release these for download on the PSN store. I’d love to have these in HD. Hilarious. Can’t wait to see the Uncharted ones.

+ OmegaSpartan08 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

i actually can’t wait for the uncharted 2 commercial. i wonder if it’ll just be a regular commercial that shows gameplay or something comical.

+ HongoXIII on September 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

If you want your wife and kids back, get a PS3! Great commercials so far. Keep them coming!

+ Gray-Fillabuster on September 10th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

haha, made me laugh again. Congratulations.

+ dehumanizer_666 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Not only is the PS3 the Real face of Next Gen Consoles, but also their Ad’s are the greatest! Keep em coming!

+ The1stMJC on September 10th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Love these commercials the guy is hilarious. Keep it up.

Maybe you guys should make fun at how bad the advertising was before.

+ PirateThom on September 10th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

“Buy a PS3 or your wife will cheat on you with Sony employees”

Nice one! :P

+ Wollan on September 10th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Pure gold. I actually laughed out loud.
Last scene is killer (especially the grin).

+ nmoe on September 10th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Ad is great.

Is this Sony marketing or did you hire an outside firm?

Peter Dille's Avatar

+ Peter Dille on September 10th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

We have a great ad agency. The ads were made by our friends at Deutsch LA. Lots of people worked very hard to make something that we think is both informative but also funny as hell.

+ StrykerIsland on September 10th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Another good ad, I like this campaign.

+ Invicta2 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

N4G: AclayPS3

Another great new advertisement. This new PS3 Ad campaign is just brilliant.

To be honest, this is how LittleBigPlanet SHOULD have been advertised when it first came out. The “artsy” Ad’s with Video Characters on Buildings and Walls like the Fall 2008 Ad Campaign just wasn’t doing the trick… just simple Ad’s like this that get the point across is all that’s needed.

These new PS3 Ad’s are great, I just hope Sony has a great Holiday Season Ad Campaign in store too… and here’s a suggestion: use the same Salivia, Ladies and Gentlemen song like the Fall 2007 PS3 Ad’s, and just put upcoming and recently released PS3 exclusives in there.

+ SPARDA on September 10th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Those new PS3 commercials crack me up….LOL

I don’t watch much TV, since I to busy playing my PS3…LOL, but on what channels and during what programs do this commercials usually air??

+ SPOPS on September 10th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I think Sony has finally gotten it right with these commercials. I also think that $299 was the sweet spot for this console. Hopefully it does really well.

+ jimmy903 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

You should see the smile that left on my face.

+ NeoUltima on September 10th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I am totally impressed by this marketing campaign. I’ve always stood by that laugh-inducing ads are the most successful.

+ TakiFuGu on September 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

I haven’t seen any of these commercials on TV. EB and Gamestop are only promoting Xbox 360 as $299 throughout NYC. While hanging out yesterday my friends and I only saw those 360 adds in the Gamestop windows. The funny thing is, Sony were first to announce the $299 price drop.

Peter Dille's Avatar

+ Peter Dille on September 10th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Check reply to post #1…

+ darkwing75 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

You guys are on a roll!!!!

+ terrabliss on September 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

The commercials are awesome. But I was wondering something, how come Europe and Japan have free dynamic themes and the US store doesn’t? Will we ever get any for free? Here’s to hoping we get a theme where Kratos decapitates an enemy and the blood slowly drips down the screen….for free!

+ DEADxBABIESxINC on September 10th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

wow these commercials are getting better and better! Keep it up Sony you’re making some headway!

+ Gr00v3r06 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

That one is very funny. It made me laugh good job. Good job pimping LBP and nice to see the Rock Band setup in the background.

+ trustter on September 10th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

I want to see them on the TV.

+ Sponge-worthy on September 10th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Wii plays Gamecube games. 360 plays Xbox games. PS3 plays PS2 games…oh, that’s right…not quite everything :(

I still like it though.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

I demand MOAR! :D

+ bluedice on September 10th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Read “Be a potato couch zombie or loose your family”, you guys can do better than this.
The xbox and Nintendo still have the best game ads ever made.

Nintendo – Symphony
xbox – Mosquito
xbox – Champagne

+ toaster_oven42 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

love the new ads keep up the good work.

+ cowboyd21 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Great ad LOL i been seeing them everywhere.

+ Destiny89 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Very nice

+ KillerBread on September 10th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

what about shooter? but keep it up there very funny and well done for LBP gameplay in it

+ GibbShift on September 10th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

@40

360 doesn’t play every XBOX game and won’t from here on out since MS also decided to drop backwards compatibility, so your snide little remark is a bit inaccurate.

These commercials are incredible. Keep this up, Sony. Push all the way into the new year with this marketing blitz. It’s the best you’ve had since you launched the PS3 (Onyx was second best).

+ ye11owpharmacy on September 10th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Sony stole that guys family. :(

+ AFreak3000 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Great ad. Also good timing(and I guess you did this on purpose) with LBP gameplay since the GOTY edition is about to release.

+ Rabid619 on September 10th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Fantastic ad, you guys are doing a great job with the advertising now, which in the past has been… lacking. Keep it up!

PAGE 1 2 3 5