Bloodborne

MotorStorm Arctic Edge – A Behind the Scenes Look at the Making Of

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Sep 10, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

Hey MotorStorm fans! We’re over two weeks away from the release of MotorStorm Arctic Edge for the PSP, but have already kicked off the MotorStorm festival! Between now and launch date (September 29), we will be unveiling brand new trailers that will allow you to go behind-the-scenes with my colleagues at Bigbig Studios where they show you exactly how MotorStorm Arctic Edge for the PSP was born, complete with never-before-seen footage from the game, as well as in-depth interviews from Bigbig Studios.

Take a look at the first of four right here on the PSBlog:

Continue to check back here weekly for the latest MotorStorm Arctic Edge trailer and updates.

+ TwinDad on September 10th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

More making of features please. I like the behind the scenes.

+ eduardito28 on September 10th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS SOOOOO cool im buying it and nice graphics !

+ dotCody on September 10th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

No more PSP games, please…

+ Den_of_Iniquity on September 10th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I’ve never played a Motorstorm game(my computer blocks video so i’ve never seen gameplay). Is this a good Series?

+ Den_of_Iniquity on September 10th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Oh and will there be infrastructure?

+ KillerAJD on September 10th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Man, this looks absolutely insane. I wish my PSP’s analog stick wasn’t screwed up, because I love the PS3 MotorStorm games, and it sucks to have to miss this one.

+ Rabid619 on September 10th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

The graphics look very nice for PSP, and I loved the first two Motorstorm games, so I don’t see any reason I wouldn’t like this one. Looking very good so far. We need more snowy games!

+ inuyasha5400 on September 10th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

this is going to be awesome. what do you think jeff?

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 11th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

Actually, I\’ve been playing the preview copy, and it\’s very good. Probably the tightest handling of any MotorStorm title to date. I\’m actually winning races!

+ Jetup on September 10th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Cant wait for this game.
I’m getting this game off the PS Store :)

+ poweredbyzen on September 10th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

need a demo – please?!

+ Niko_9 on September 10th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Demo …. !!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on September 10th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

and the price?

Under 10$ I’ll buy without question asked. 15$ is limit…

+ piro_z on September 10th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

lol just like # 11 & 12 will there be a demo we get very little psp demos so PLZ?…

+ Radant128 on September 10th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

*wants this game*

Managing my addiction to Dissidia is hard enough. MotorStorm on PSP is gonna add another to manage.

+ SigmaAce on September 10th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

any add ons for this game in progress

sweet game BTW

+ SilentPhish on September 10th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

cool! the PS2 version needs to have online play though!

+ LILBUDDY2000 on September 10th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Motorstorm is just plain awesome. I look at racing games being release right now like dirt 2 and they still don’t look as good…I’m sure the PSP version will be great as well.

+ StormTrooper626 on September 10th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Looks really good. Definitely gonna pick this up when I get a new white psp go on the 1st. Hopefully Soul Caliber will be on psn by then too. Keep the behind the scenes coming. Really like these.

+ remanutd5 on September 10th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

well its already paid in full , hey i have a question wheres the dynamic Motorstorm theme in the US store??? i cant buy the european one because it doesnt accept my credit card please bring it to the US thank you

+ gamesnskate on September 10th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

^ Some of you are just total dumbasses, seriously ” no more PSP games please ” ( shut the hell up, its an awesome game whether you like it or not ) and ” $10 please $15 is a limit (damn you’re stupid, the games gonna be $40 like all full retail PSP titles. :P

+ Microshock on September 10th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

Game looks great, i’ll be sure to play it. PSP is on a roll lately, and doesn’t seem to be stopping, PS3 also.

Nice year for Sony gamers in particular i see

+ s_S-killaz336 on September 10th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

Does this game got infrastructure multiplayer and if yes how many players??

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 11th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

It does have infrastructure racing – not sure of the number yet.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 10th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

The game looks fantastic, SOLD!!! :D

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 10th, 2009 at 9:38 pm said:

@12…this isn’t an Apple iFart ‘game’…it is a full fledged PSP game. $39.99 retail (though personally I’ll wait until it hits $29.99)

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 10th, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

@22

8 player adhoc or infrastructure mode.

DEAR BIGBIG…why is your website so horribly out of date?

+ VenomXv on September 10th, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

Nicely done. This game looks very impressive for a PSP/PS2 title.

+ l—–R0M—–l on September 11th, 2009 at 12:35 am said:

Some gameplay videos are available at taxigamer.com.
Two races, the introduction movie and a quick vehicle customization tour have been posted :

+ Da_CrUnK_KinG on September 11th, 2009 at 3:24 am said:

Looks amazing, although I’m not sure how it will play out on psp, the analog stick will possibly kill the experience.

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 11th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

I understand your concern, but it doesn\’t. Also, you can use the D-Pad if you prefer that for steering.

+ georgecat315fat on September 11th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

want a demo

+ nickert0n on September 11th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

Guys this game looks truly amazing, it appears that you have captured the Motorstorm spirit and implemented it well in a hand held (And with the hardware limitations of the dating PSP mit appears that your dev team has major talent!). Bravo.
This, GT:PSP, and LBP PSP are going to rock my handheld world for a while. Thank you!

+ Bionicle123 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

The More see the presentations of Motorstorm Artic-Edge i want it more at first i didnt think it was worth it but the game play looks awesome !!! thank you Sony

+ JoeDuke4 on September 11th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Motorstorm is freakin awesome, and it totally looks like Bigbig did an amazing job translating the motorstorm experiance to the psp, looks great.

+ crowsticky1234 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Wow,I can’t say nothing because of the defying graphics that BigBig Studios converted to the handheld,this is going to be one of the highly-anticipated games that will release to the PSP and the reason why
is the crashes also the Avalanche they introduced to the Motorstorm franschise,which is outstanding.I have a question for you,Jeff(you dont have to answer the question).

Are BigBig Studios going to make a sequel for the Motorstorm,but I wish the sequel was on water or the urban both for the PSP and PS3?

+ RobRoks on September 11th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

loks wicked cant wait motorstorm was quality pacific was outstanding and perfected some of those irratating parts from the first one mainly with variation of tracks and vechiles etc. but there are some things i would like such as with the cars to see speed handling percentages or something maybe/ maybe drivers should be better at doing certain things / certain vechiles? Just suggestoons just hope they’ll keep loading times down and .. well can’t wait really looks really good the artic setting is a wicked one i have been waiting for in the motorstorm franchise :D

+ PSN_Tokeio on September 11th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Will this game be up on the PSP store Oct. 1st?

+ Eararaldor on September 12th, 2009 at 4:15 am said:

Slightly off topic. But does anyone know what the name of the song is at the start of the video?

It’s really catchy and would sound great playing to MS Pacific Rift.

+ remanutd5 on September 12th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

at 35 , yes it will , i have pre ordered 1 copy for my little nephew’s psp 3000 but im getting my copy with my new psp go on october 1st

+ SHINSPIKES on September 12th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

This is one game that makes us not ask for ad-hoc party, thank you. Although, yah should still bring it to the US, since most of these games are just ad-hoc.

+ cheater21 on September 13th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

does this come out on Oct 1?