PS4-Watch_Dogs

Fat Princess: New Pork

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 11, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

You might’ve already read about the newly-announced Fat Princess DLC level and future updates on the way, but screenshots can only do so much for you, am I right?

Last week at PAX, I ran into Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan, who demoed the addition to this top-selling PSN game on camera. Unfortunately, the folks at Penny Arcade are creatures of the night, and it was super dark (you’ll see that in a minute) in the Washington State Convention & Trade Center. Fortunately, Titan scraped together some hi-def footage of the new level, which we edited on top of the walkthrough this morning. Technology, she is wonderful.

So take a look at New Pork in action, and if you miss what Chris and Craig look like, you can see them here :-)

Yes, I know your questions: When can you play this? How much might it cost? I asked, and there are no concrete details at this time. When there are, you’ll learn them here.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Destiny89 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

Very nice :)

+ Tenan on September 11th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

This looks great, but I have to get better at Fat Princess first.

+ The_Wacker on September 11th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Jeff you are the man. Anyword about new classes or anything like that?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 11th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

I asked. They\’re not talking. Yet.

+ TakiFuGu on September 11th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Once this game drops to $9.99 I’m all over it. For now, I’m just going to watch from the sidelines.

+ money45_ on September 11th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Cool love the game

+ MiChAeL6 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

Have the game on my ps3 but it has barely been played.

+ PoisenOak on September 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

very cool hope the new ranking system works better…cant wait for all the new maps and maybe even new classes

+ TuxBobble on September 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

Controls fixed? I need to be able to target swap (right stick) and attack (square) at the same time. Why not let me switch attack to R1?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Looks great! :D
Any new trophies coming with it?

+ oGGe45 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

I just want them to fix the problem where the princess disappear.. Annoys me as [DELETED]. :/

+ Korbei83 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Well thanks for asking, but I’m more concerned about when the scoreboards are going to be reset to fix the 1000 cap so I can start playing again.

+ ShadOforce on September 11th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

@The_Wacker
They already have concept art for the new classes on their blog.
At the moment, the new classes are Ninja, Pirate, Chef, and King. There’s probably going to be more in the future.

+ jimfear on September 11th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

great succes!

+ The_Wacker on September 11th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

@11

thanks for the info

+ Ftwrthtx on September 11th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Nice DLC. The recently released demo should help sell a few more copies of the game as well.

+ Viprdude on September 11th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Cliff B sucks.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 11th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

He totally reads this blog. You\’re in for it now.

+ Handsome_Devil on September 11th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

I saw the ninja class on the map playing, he was trying to be very sneaky, but not enough :D

+ SpyDudeFX on September 11th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

I love the game but a few things. First get the current outstanding issues fixed, amazing this game still has so many problems. Second, no more “squeezing” in tons of bronze trophies. Get more silvers and golds, even if that means less overall trophies. Most don’t like tedious bronze trophies, like a few of the 21 included in the game. So spread the trophy points over various levels and match the challenge to the trophy level.

+ cargochaos on September 11th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

I hope the Warrior isn’t too overpowered. But I’m loving the size of this level! The older ones were pretty small and it was all just a big blood-fest. Also, is “New Pork” a Mother 3 reference? :P

+ DLawlet on September 11th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

hope this is going to be free…or at least like only $1.99. I love Fat Princess but my wallet is small thanks to Uncharted 2 and MW2.

+ TheDeathAvenger on September 11th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Not played Fat Princess for a little while. The new content is looking good, so (once my PS3 is fixed) i’ll be sure to get playing again.

+ Micheal_Bluth on September 11th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

They should have two DLC packs, one free as an apology for the atrocious launch of the game, and another that costs, which I would buy out of good faith for the apology.

+ Vex_Doppel on September 11th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

Sweet, I was just playin this last night. I hope some patches are comig. I had some weird stuff going on. On a side note: Now when ever I think of the “Big Butts” song I can only think of Fat Princess and her terrible hunger for cake. “I’m so Hungry”

+ Prem-aka-Prince on September 11th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Jeff! It’s been a while. …okay, maybe not so much. Still, good. =3

+ kev180 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

+ KS-Canuck92 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

@15… i dont see any demo O_o

+ SolduNuts on September 11th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

I just got this game and it is only going to get sweeter as time passes. New levels are cool and all, but really they just different back drops for more carnage. What I am really looking forward to is the new classes which will really add a new layer on stragedy to the game. Titan Studios thanks for bringing this game to the PSN.

+ SpyDudeFX on September 11th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

The changes sound great, especially the ranking and new options. Looking forward to this and more, assuming the trophy level is consistent with the challenge.

+ DoomnY on September 11th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

This game is too expensive.

+ whoTHEdog on September 11th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Map looks sweet. Can’t wait for this and patch.

Psp is getting Voluptuous Princess!

+ Nader-Abudiix on September 11th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

nice i love this game i bought it first hour of release =) BTW jeff do you have a psn id ?
Ihot you reply on my messages for the first time ever

+ Dann7978 on September 11th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Wheres Castle Crasher whens the release date for that?

+ XgargunoX on September 11th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

AWESOME!!! how about some weekends having a double XP weekend like call od duty games…it will make a lot of people play it on those weekends

+ Jon_Mclane on September 11th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

clan system, lobbies, kicking, and team switching are the only things keeping this from being my favorite all time psn game

+ XgargunoX on September 11th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

and.. ..i think i saw a ninja… :O

+ jarhead906 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

There are two big things that they need to ‘fix’ for Fat Princess.

The first being able to sabotage the enemy’s hat machines, especially in the non-princess game type. What’s the point of even going into the enemy’s spawn if you can’t do anything? It’s a fantastic element to add because it keeps the team working to find more materials. After five games of FP, most people are able to upgrade everything within five minutes of a round.

The next thing is being able to bring up a roster for how many people there are in each class on your team. This way you will be able to figure out what you should be next spawn round to balance out the types.

Of course, I know for certain Titan reads the PS blog on a daily basis (who doesn’t?) and are taking these changes into consideration.

+ pelagato24 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

I still have lag issues with this game.. maybe its my connection but with others games like battlefield 1943 I have no problems :(

+ jarhead906 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

For a game as good as this, there needs to be a demo. It’s almost stupid not to have made one to coincide since the game’s launch.

+ BlooodyCow on September 11th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

@16 Viprdude
I wouldn’t say he sucks, I would just say he is overrated at a developer. He takes all the credits for every games he work on, with very little credit going to the other developers.

+ MaDogNik96 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Awesome, hopefully it’ll be available in a couple weeks or less.

+ FlatulentGhost on September 11th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

“cliffy b made gears of war. that means he has connections. messing with him ain’t smart.”

cliffy b??

The biggest loser in all of gaming? The clown who was nothing more than the guy who came up with the mind numbingly retarded Gears of War single player characters and story.

Yeah, don’t mess with that doofus…LOL!

+ DZORMAGEN on September 11th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

I will definitely get back to Fat Princess when they release some of the new stuff, along with the patch. I also they somehow tone down the difficulty for the gladiator trophy… and i also hope they add new trophies with this pack. One more thing, bring one big pack, not 1 map at a time.

+ Sephex on September 11th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

I’m quite surprised I didn’t hear mention of how overpowered the worker is with the upgrade. Too many times, I’ve jumped into a game well underway, and been absolutely bombarded by workers and their bombs. This needs balancing in my opinion.

+ JesseHaysFL on September 11th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Ninjas, Pirates, Chefs, Kings.

New maps…

Cost? Ahhhh forget it….

Ill buy it anyway.

+ Pelt_Hunter on September 11th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

I would like to see a city map like the one that’s on one of the pics in the background when you highlight Fat Princess in the XMB. It looks like a colorful little Italian villa or something to that effect. It’s charming and there aren’t enough city-like maps, small cozy houses and quaint outdoor marketplaces would play host to the blood-splattered mayhem occurring in it’s presence. Sounds about right to me. Any new maps for this or new maps and weapons for BF1943 would be ideal, I know they aren’t by the same devs.. I’m just saying..

+ JesseHaysFL on September 11th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Oh and as to Cliff Blesizinsky…

Unreal…..nuff said.

Thanks for supporting a great game even though it isint on “your” platform.

Seriously Thanks from a member of the SDF

+ MooseCan on September 11th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

for the love of god people stop assuming there are going to be new classes. Chances are its just concept art and nothing more.

+ KazeEternal on September 11th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

I know this is kind of out in left field, but can we see a co-op mode for Fat Princess. Don’t get me wrong the Capture the Fat Princess flag concept is awesome, but I really need more incentive to master the game.

The game voice chat needs to be isolated to a single team, as it kills the game to be able to hear the other guys. Can’t give a strategy when the enemy can hear us.

+ MrBeatdown on September 11th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

So is the US going to be seeing the demo that the European store got? I’m still waiting to try before I buy.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 11th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Put it on a disc and I’ll buy it.

PAGE 1 2 3