Horizon Zero Dawn

Sep 11

Sep 11

Fat Princess: New Pork

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

You might’ve already read about the newly-announced Fat Princess DLC level and future updates on the way, but screenshots can only do so much for you, am I right?

Last week at PAX, I ran into Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan, who demoed the addition to this top-selling PSN game on camera. Unfortunately, the folks at Penny Arcade are creatures of the night, and it was super dark (you’ll see that in a minute) in the Washington State Convention & Trade Center. Fortunately, Titan scraped together some hi-def footage of the new level, which we edited on top of the walkthrough this morning. Technology, she is wonderful.

So take a look at New Pork in action, and if you miss what Chris and Craig look like, you can see them here :-)

Yes, I know your questions: When can you play this? How much might it cost? I asked, and there are no concrete details at this time. When there are, you’ll learn them here.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Destiny89 said:

September 11th, 3:00 pm

Very nice :)

Tenan said:

September 11th, 3:00 pm

This looks great, but I have to get better at Fat Princess first.

The_Wacker said:

September 11th, 3:01 pm

Jeff you are the man. Anyword about new classes or anything like that?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 3:26 pm

I asked. They\’re not talking. Yet.

TakiFuGu said:

September 11th, 3:01 pm

Once this game drops to $9.99 I’m all over it. For now, I’m just going to watch from the sidelines.

money45_ said:

September 11th, 3:12 pm

Cool love the game

MiChAeL6 said:

September 11th, 3:13 pm

Have the game on my ps3 but it has barely been played.

PoisenOak said:

September 11th, 3:13 pm

very cool hope the new ranking system works better…cant wait for all the new maps and maybe even new classes

TuxBobble said:

September 11th, 3:13 pm

Controls fixed? I need to be able to target swap (right stick) and attack (square) at the same time. Why not let me switch attack to R1?

TheInfectedBy590 said:

September 11th, 3:14 pm

Looks great! :D
Any new trophies coming with it?

oGGe45 said:

September 11th, 3:14 pm

I just want them to fix the problem where the princess disappear.. Annoys me as [DELETED]. :/

Korbei83 said:

September 11th, 3:15 pm

Well thanks for asking, but I’m more concerned about when the scoreboards are going to be reset to fix the 1000 cap so I can start playing again.

ShadOforce said:

September 11th, 3:16 pm

@The_Wacker
They already have concept art for the new classes on their blog.
At the moment, the new classes are Ninja, Pirate, Chef, and King. There’s probably going to be more in the future.

jimfear said:

September 11th, 3:16 pm

great succes!

The_Wacker said:

September 11th, 3:18 pm

@11

thanks for the info

Ftwrthtx said:

September 11th, 3:20 pm

Nice DLC. The recently released demo should help sell a few more copies of the game as well.

Viprdude said:

September 11th, 3:20 pm

Cliff B sucks.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 3:27 pm

He totally reads this blog. You\’re in for it now.

Handsome_Devil said:

September 11th, 3:22 pm

I saw the ninja class on the map playing, he was trying to be very sneaky, but not enough :D

SpyDudeFX said:

September 11th, 3:22 pm

I love the game but a few things. First get the current outstanding issues fixed, amazing this game still has so many problems. Second, no more “squeezing” in tons of bronze trophies. Get more silvers and golds, even if that means less overall trophies. Most don’t like tedious bronze trophies, like a few of the 21 included in the game. So spread the trophy points over various levels and match the challenge to the trophy level.

cargochaos said:

September 11th, 3:31 pm

I hope the Warrior isn’t too overpowered. But I’m loving the size of this level! The older ones were pretty small and it was all just a big blood-fest. Also, is “New Pork” a Mother 3 reference? :P

DLawlet said:

September 11th, 3:33 pm

hope this is going to be free…or at least like only $1.99. I love Fat Princess but my wallet is small thanks to Uncharted 2 and MW2.

TheDeathAvenger said:

September 11th, 3:34 pm

Not played Fat Princess for a little while. The new content is looking good, so (once my PS3 is fixed) i’ll be sure to get playing again.

Micheal_Bluth said:

September 11th, 3:36 pm

They should have two DLC packs, one free as an apology for the atrocious launch of the game, and another that costs, which I would buy out of good faith for the apology.

Vex_Doppel said:

September 11th, 3:37 pm

Sweet, I was just playin this last night. I hope some patches are comig. I had some weird stuff going on. On a side note: Now when ever I think of the “Big Butts” song I can only think of Fat Princess and her terrible hunger for cake. “I’m so Hungry”

Prem-aka-Prince said:

September 11th, 3:41 pm

Jeff! It’s been a while. …okay, maybe not so much. Still, good. =3

kev180 said:

September 11th, 3:45 pm

KS-Canuck92 said:

September 11th, 3:45 pm

@15… i dont see any demo O_o

SolduNuts said:

September 11th, 3:46 pm

I just got this game and it is only going to get sweeter as time passes. New levels are cool and all, but really they just different back drops for more carnage. What I am really looking forward to is the new classes which will really add a new layer on stragedy to the game. Titan Studios thanks for bringing this game to the PSN.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 11th, 3:47 pm

The changes sound great, especially the ranking and new options. Looking forward to this and more, assuming the trophy level is consistent with the challenge.

DoomnY said:

September 11th, 3:52 pm

This game is too expensive.

whoTHEdog said:

September 11th, 3:52 pm

Map looks sweet. Can’t wait for this and patch.

Psp is getting Voluptuous Princess!

Nader-Abudiix said:

September 11th, 3:53 pm

nice i love this game i bought it first hour of release =) BTW jeff do you have a psn id ?
Ihot you reply on my messages for the first time ever

Dann7978 said:

September 11th, 3:59 pm

Wheres Castle Crasher whens the release date for that?

XgargunoX said:

September 11th, 4:18 pm

AWESOME!!! how about some weekends having a double XP weekend like call od duty games…it will make a lot of people play it on those weekends

Jon_Mclane said:

September 11th, 4:18 pm

clan system, lobbies, kicking, and team switching are the only things keeping this from being my favorite all time psn game

XgargunoX said:

September 11th, 4:19 pm

and.. ..i think i saw a ninja… :O

jarhead906 said:

September 11th, 4:23 pm

There are two big things that they need to ‘fix’ for Fat Princess.

The first being able to sabotage the enemy’s hat machines, especially in the non-princess game type. What’s the point of even going into the enemy’s spawn if you can’t do anything? It’s a fantastic element to add because it keeps the team working to find more materials. After five games of FP, most people are able to upgrade everything within five minutes of a round.

The next thing is being able to bring up a roster for how many people there are in each class on your team. This way you will be able to figure out what you should be next spawn round to balance out the types.

Of course, I know for certain Titan reads the PS blog on a daily basis (who doesn’t?) and are taking these changes into consideration.

pelagato24 said:

September 11th, 4:23 pm

I still have lag issues with this game.. maybe its my connection but with others games like battlefield 1943 I have no problems :(

jarhead906 said:

September 11th, 4:25 pm

For a game as good as this, there needs to be a demo. It’s almost stupid not to have made one to coincide since the game’s launch.

BlooodyCow said:

September 11th, 4:34 pm

@16 Viprdude
I wouldn’t say he sucks, I would just say he is overrated at a developer. He takes all the credits for every games he work on, with very little credit going to the other developers.

MaDogNik96 said:

September 11th, 4:37 pm

Awesome, hopefully it’ll be available in a couple weeks or less.

FlatulentGhost said:

September 11th, 4:40 pm

“cliffy b made gears of war. that means he has connections. messing with him ain’t smart.”

cliffy b??

The biggest loser in all of gaming? The clown who was nothing more than the guy who came up with the mind numbingly retarded Gears of War single player characters and story.

Yeah, don’t mess with that doofus…LOL!

DZORMAGEN said:

September 11th, 4:42 pm

I will definitely get back to Fat Princess when they release some of the new stuff, along with the patch. I also they somehow tone down the difficulty for the gladiator trophy… and i also hope they add new trophies with this pack. One more thing, bring one big pack, not 1 map at a time.

Sephex said:

September 11th, 4:45 pm

I’m quite surprised I didn’t hear mention of how overpowered the worker is with the upgrade. Too many times, I’ve jumped into a game well underway, and been absolutely bombarded by workers and their bombs. This needs balancing in my opinion.

JesseHaysFL said:

September 11th, 4:47 pm

Ninjas, Pirates, Chefs, Kings.

New maps…

Cost? Ahhhh forget it….

Ill buy it anyway.

Pelt_Hunter said:

September 11th, 4:47 pm

I would like to see a city map like the one that’s on one of the pics in the background when you highlight Fat Princess in the XMB. It looks like a colorful little Italian villa or something to that effect. It’s charming and there aren’t enough city-like maps, small cozy houses and quaint outdoor marketplaces would play host to the blood-splattered mayhem occurring in it’s presence. Sounds about right to me. Any new maps for this or new maps and weapons for BF1943 would be ideal, I know they aren’t by the same devs.. I’m just saying..

JesseHaysFL said:

September 11th, 4:49 pm

Oh and as to Cliff Blesizinsky…

Unreal…..nuff said.

Thanks for supporting a great game even though it isint on “your” platform.

Seriously Thanks from a member of the SDF

MooseCan said:

September 11th, 4:52 pm

for the love of god people stop assuming there are going to be new classes. Chances are its just concept art and nothing more.

KazeEternal said:

September 11th, 5:01 pm

I know this is kind of out in left field, but can we see a co-op mode for Fat Princess. Don’t get me wrong the Capture the Fat Princess flag concept is awesome, but I really need more incentive to master the game.

The game voice chat needs to be isolated to a single team, as it kills the game to be able to hear the other guys. Can’t give a strategy when the enemy can hear us.

MrBeatdown said:

September 11th, 5:05 pm

So is the US going to be seeing the demo that the European store got? I’m still waiting to try before I buy.

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

September 11th, 5:32 pm

Put it on a disc and I’ll buy it.

PAGE 1 2 3