PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 11, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone,

Here’s this week’s list of new arrivals and top downloads for the Video Store. With summer winding down, the new Fall TV Shows are just around the corner — so to get ready, the video store is having a First Season Summer Sale, offering your favorite episodes for just 99 cents! The sale ends 9/17, so head to the Video Store soon to revisit how your favorite shows began, and for those new to these popular shows, there’s no better way (or price) to get started.

VDS Homepage Community Sale

Also, this week we’re offering the new comedy series Community“>Community on the video store one week prior to its network TV premiere. Check out the sneak peek below.

HD MOVIE NEW ARRIVALS

• The Wild Thornberrys S1
  • Sons of Anarchy S2
  • Mad Men S1 & S2
  • Kathy Griffin: My Life On the D-List S2 & S3
  • Justice League S1
  • Destination Truth S3 - Haunted Forest/ Alux
  • Nostradamus Effect S1 - The Third AntiChrist?
  • Defying Gravity S1 - Fear
  • Ghost Hunters | S5 - Essex County Penitentiary
  • Tool Academy S2 - Episode 2
  • Dark Blue S1 - Betsy

Top HD Movies

1. I Love You, Man
  2. State of Play
  3. The Last House on the Left (Unrated)
  4. Race to Witch Mountain
  5. Coraline
  6. Miss March UNRATED
  7. Duplicity
  8. Obsessed
  9. 17 Again
  10. The Soloist

Top Movies

1. I Love You, Man
  2. State of Play
  3. The Last House on the Left (Unrated)
  4. 17 Again
  5. Race to Witch Mountain
  6. Miss March UNRATED
  7. Duplicity
  8. Coraline
  9. Road Trip – Beer Pong Unrated Edition
  10. The Soloist

Top HD TV Episodes

1. GTTV Presents Batman: Arkham Asylum Launched!
  2. Mad Men | Season 3 - The Arrangements
  3. Sons of Anarchy | Season 1 - Pilot
  4. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 - Fishsticks
  5. UFC Fights | Season UFC Fights - Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson
  6. Dollhouse | Season 1 Epitaph - One
  7. UFC Fights | Season UFC Fights - Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson UFC 82: Pride of a Champion
  8. UFC Fights | Season UFC Fights - Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar UFC 81: Breaking Point
  9. Mad Men | Season 3 - My Old Kentucky Home
  10. Sons of Anarchy | Season 2 - Albification

Top TV episodes

1. GTTV Presents Batman: Arkham Asylum Launched!
  2. Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory | Season 2 - Dirty Man-Horse
  3. Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory | Season 2 - Natural Born Gymkhana-er
  4. Family Guy | Season 7 - Stew-Roids
  5. MTV’s Nitro Circus | Season 2 - Nitro City
  6. MTV’s Nitro Circus | Season 2 - Hydro Circus
  7. Robot Chicken | Season 0 - Robot Chicken Star Wars: Episode II, Extended Edition
  8. Devil May Cry | Season 1 - Devil May Cry
  9. Family Guy | Season 7 - 420
  10. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 - Fishsticks

61 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ OmegaSpartan08 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:05 am said:

i may consider this…

+ BESTINTHEWEST on September 11th, 2009 at 4:16 am said:

I like turtles

+ terrabliss on September 11th, 2009 at 4:19 am said:

Ahhh Real Monsters?!?! Are you freaking serious? One word…Awesome.

+ Grognard66 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:20 am said:

Seems like there are fewer new movie additions to the store with each passing week. Dip into your considerable movie back catalog, Sony!

+ Setoku09 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:20 am said:

Question… when does Canada get a video store?
Anytime soon?

+ KBNizzle on September 11th, 2009 at 4:22 am said:

*gruff oilman voice* MY oil’s over here n ur oil is here, n my pipeline takes ur oil, I TAKE UR OIL HAHAHA

+ Anirask on September 11th, 2009 at 5:22 am said:

You wanna know what’s absolutely fantastic?

Having the store being the default option that pops up under Video, selecting it and being greeted with “This feature is not available in your region.”

I really love you guys highlighting what I can’t get!

+ coppi6976 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

HBO Pretty Please!!!!!!!!

+ poweredbyzen on September 11th, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

hd movie “anger of death?!” author must be japanese – hehehe! kidding! i love the japanese culture. i think you meant “angel of death” kupo. :D

+ btz on September 11th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

DRM sucks.

+ MiltonMafia on September 11th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

@4
Didn’t you hear? M$ has disribution rights for Canada on a console!

+ Robert-Ninja on September 11th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

Great – more content not available to me.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

@4

Probably never cause sony gave you guys in canada the finger a while back

+ DJ_DTM on September 11th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

I guess the only video content we get in Canada is whatever we can download free from the net.
FREE – let the good times roll,
Last night for FREE I watched –
District 9
Monsters VS aliens
Transformers ROTF
All in HD, thanks for the Canadian content!!

+ Kuntay on September 11th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

hi,

any news on when the announced video store for Europe gets an exact release date??

+ DDark on September 11th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

The only thing that’s keeping me from ditching my Netflix service and getting my movies from PSN is a subscription service. I know there are alot of people out there that feel the same. I hope you guys at Sony is listening!

+ bendeboy on September 11th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

guys, please, let us own our hd downloads, that’s just a no brainer.

+ KSPRAYDAD on September 11th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

Can we please make your website IP aware so that Canadians can opt out of getting stories about things they can’t have? Just make it an option that I can invoke.

Same for the PS3 Browser Homepage (you know…the one that is STILL displaying the OLD logo and start up sound)…Make it IP aware please.

+ MainEv3nt_69 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

can you at least tell us if the Canadian video store will launch this year ?

+ ndw4 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

peace out

-ndw4-

+ Enforcer_X on September 11th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Come on Sony your a content producer/owner/provider.
Provide me content with 5.1 surround sound and for the content that does offer it please give me a way to find it easily.
Honestly, 1080p and Surround Sound, supply it and I will pay. In the meantime the FREE acquisition from alternative providers of said content give me what I want.

@13 DJ_DTM
Yeah I am with you, and I am in the usa. Maybe I am a little picky but I don’t see why Sony can’t provide me with 1080p, surround sound and preferably DRM free. I can acquire all the above for free why would I pay for 720p, stereo, DRM content.
I understand DRM for rental stuff, that’s great and fine. Just provide what I want and the money will come.

+ GAME-HERO on September 11th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

$.99 IS THE SWEET SPOT FOR ME!

I only wish the cost of movies RENTALS would drop, for some reason, I’m just not motivated paying $5.99 for a rental.

The playstation store video service is exceptionally convenient, however so is picking up a rented movie from Red-Box (google it) for $1.00 while I buying groceries from the local grocery store.

SONY PLEASE MAKE ME A PLAYSTATION VIDEO STORE USER!

+ The_Man_Who on September 11th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

C’mon, all i ask is return Theatrical trailer section to the Canadian store….

+ Steveolio on September 11th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

@ GAME-HERO
I 100% agree, I refuse to pay that much just to watch something once. Please lower the price $0.99 for rental.

Thanks,
Steve

+ triple_lei on September 11th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Last week I came to the epiphany that the Video Store is, in fact, awesome. I got that “Darwin and Evolution” documentary for a mere $2 when the DVD costs considerably more. I also picked up that “Underwater Universe” History special for another measly $2. Playing them on the PS3 and PSP sure is nice…

+ mikedo2007 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

All right, the two Bleach movies are up. Thanks, Sony. Let’s get more anime on there. Oh, in response to some Japan-US anime collaboration like Halo Legends. Why don’t you guys try making Resistance or Killzone or Ratchet & Clank made into a anime anthologies? It would be awesome.

+ SpyDudeFX on September 11th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

The pricing is high, I just rented “Delgo” for $5.99 in HD since it’s not available on Blu-ray. I would rent more if the prices were lower. Also need a redownload option, I purchased several shows and forgot to back them up before switching to PS3 Slim and now lost my shows.

+ SilverPR on September 11th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

Early birds today…. keep up the good work.

+ hurtween on September 11th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

Anirask | September 11th, 2009 at 5:22 am

You wanna know what’s absolutely fantastic?

I really love you guys highlighting what I can’t get!

<<<<<<<< THIS.

+ Korbei83 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Take the icons out! Spare us the indignity! Oh the humanity!

Oh thanks for shutting off the obnoxious ticker.

+ Razmaxi on September 11th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Sony, Wht you need is to add SUB and SUB option feature on ALL movies on ALL,yes i say ALL movies and animes, lower the prices, and extended rental days from 24h to 72h. and should be ondownload history whatever you have purchased similar idea with game download history. Because those you sell easily considered as a bad business while other competetions sell ALOT cheaper. Then again this is why Public Relations (PR) fails is because u DONT listen to poeple’s voice.

+ Razmaxi on September 11th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

i meant Dub and SUB.

+ DZORMAGEN on September 11th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

You guys have mentioned A Bronx Tale is in HD, but when I go to DL, I don’t see the HD icon. Alll is see is SD, and for Rent. Why is that?

+ whatisdelicious on September 11th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

NYC PREP WHERE’S THE REUNION EPISODE? S01E09

+ hurtween on September 11th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Since Firmware update 2.50 Pressing the PS button during a video now pauses the video, rather than continuing playing it.

Could it be an option, or could you put it back to the old way? thanks.

+ sarcastrophe on September 11th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

@grace, moderator, admin or whomever

There’s an HTML error in this blog entry that prevents my RSS reader from reading it. And you can delete this comment when you fix it.

+ Xestor on September 11th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

UGH!!! STILL NO SUBTITLES!!! I’M PISSINGG OFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!

+ NorSkater on September 11th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Okaay ? : P

+ FoomMan on September 11th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

I’m really interested in watching Community- where is it on the store?

I used the search function, no luck finding it.

+ KillerBread on September 11th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

could you get top gear on the store?

+ forzanerazzurri on September 11th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Thanks for updating us on Canada……

+ megamixer on September 11th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

Great sale and hopefully it will be expanded in the future. A dollar an episode for SD stuff really is the sweet spot. Now we just need season/series bundles. :)

+ saintaqua on September 11th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

We need Legend of the Seeker!

+ SnapperBait on September 11th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Will it play with this new firmware? Now taking bets……

+ zombie_56 on September 11th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

come on sony america stop being racist against us canadians:(

+ UNCLEBEATDOWN on September 11th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

So….where is Community on the store? Can’t find it anywhere!

Oh and @45. That’s national bias…not racism. lol

+ DJKim0701 on September 11th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Hello, Grace

I cannot buy any movies or tv shows because I am deaf.

Can you update everything with subtitles (closed caption), PLEASE????

+ Conrad_Max on September 11th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Funny clip from Community. I’ll have to check it out later. Thank you.

+ Mosh_Pit on September 11th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

We want video store in Canada please.
If possible, why video store is deactivated for Canadians. Law issues maybe??

+ DJ_DTM on September 11th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Probably something I did.

PAGE 1 2