PS4 - Destiny

UNCHARTED 2 Officially Goes Gold, Plus Sneak-Peek Cinema Events!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Sep 11, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has officially gone gold in North America! That means only 32 days until it hits store shelves. I couldn’t be more proud of the teams at Naughty Dog and Sony who have put their lives on hold to make a truly exceptional game.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Box!

If you can’t wait until October 13th, SCEA and Sony Electronics have partnered to produce four exclusive “sneak peek” events that bring UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves to the big screen before launch. At these VIP events, attendees will join Naughty Dog in a night of food, fun and Multiplayer tournaments with the chance to win lots of cool prizes—including the Fortune Hunter Edition. Attendees will also have the chance to play UNCHARTED 2 on the ultimate high definition big screen, powered by Sony Electronics 4K digital cinema technology, which provides image resolution four times greater than any high-definition consumer television out there. Sony Electronics is working with major theaters across the country to create “digital destinations”, pairing 4K digital cinema technology with enhanced services and amenities, such as food, sporting events and music, to create an unprecented entertainment experience. UNCHARTED 2 will be one of the first pre-released games showcased at select sites.

The “sneak peek” events will take place on 10/5 and 10/6 at the theaters below. Stay tuned for more information from Jeff and Chris on how you can win a guaranteed spot. In the meantime, click here for more information.

MUVICO Rosemont

Bellevue, WA 98004-5046
(425) 450-9100

Landmark Embarcadero
One Embarcadero Center, Ste PL-1
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 267-4893

Food, Naughty Dog & Nathan Drake…in massive High Def! Hope to see you there — don’t forget to go pre-order your copy now!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ cowboyd21 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

gud great news sony keep it up

+ SnapperBait on September 11th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Will it work with the current firmware?

+ Chaos_Bladez on September 11th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Can’t wait to get it! You guys definitely gave a good cushion of time between gold and release date, like Killzone 2.

+ Berae on September 11th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

This is awesome

+ Scodo_Thope on September 11th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

We need some Dallas Love!!

+ Gunblader_ on September 11th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

I may have to go to the san francisco one, can’t wait for the game!

+ FFObsessed on September 11th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Loving the new PS3 boxarts. Glad you changed them.

+ Sindred on September 11th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Can’t wait for this. It would be nice to hear a bit more about the Cinema mode in the game. It sounds like it’s pretty damn awesome.

+ BILLYGOLDEN78 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

i can only buy it after i can finish Uncharted – and that wont happen until the 3.0 firmware is fixed to keep the game from freezing at the same spot. WHERE IS THE UPDATE!?!?!?

+ KazooBoy on September 11th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

No East Coast Love?

+ Zezzler on September 11th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

now, i just need to win the collecter edition…

+ IceCold on September 11th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Already pre ordered the game!

What would be nice if we could get the mobile sire up and running again for iphone. Where is the problem reporting on this blog?!

+ Linkoo90 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

Woowwww Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is gonna rock. Looking forward to it.

Y por cierto saludos desde El Salvador, Centroamérica.

+ plaztiksyke on September 11th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

Nothing in the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area? The Metreon seems like the perfect venue… :(

Will 4K projection do anything for a game/console that’s 1080p? I’d be more excited to hear the 24-bit 7.1 surround :)

Will the Uncharted ever be patched with some of the CPU/SPU optimizations that enabled the better physics, etc? I’d love to see a Director’s Cut of the first game that does this, and I hope that other games coming out this year are able to push the PS3 as far as you guys have.

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar

+ Asad Qizilbash on September 11th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

SF is one of 4 locations

+ Slipping_halo on September 11th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Why did you guys exclude Canada from having a chance to win those special editions of Uncharted 2? I dont know why I even post about this stuff, it seems that you guys dont care enough about us to even dignify us with an answer, thanks for nothing

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar

+ Asad Qizilbash on September 11th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Hey Slipping_halo. All I\’ll say to you and our neighbours up north is….stay tuned ;-)

+ SPOPS on September 11th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Only 4 locations? How disappointing… Wish it was in Orlando, FL so I could attend…

+ RAM_888 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Is the NEW 3.0 Firmwire update going to be shipped on the Disc too?

+ RGS-14 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Cant wait!
Already pre ordered it from amazon. =)

+ DaveMastrX on September 11th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

I live about 20-30 minutes from thousand Oaks. I gotta hit this…

+ CatalystX on September 11th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

My most anticipated game of this year. Looking forward to losing sleep October 13th…

+ rc94 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Agree with FFO, the nex boxarts are fantastic. Absolutely love them.

+ Cerberus_Hunter on September 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Congrats ND!

+ Pesico on September 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

My most anticipated game of the decade! Can’t wait to get this game.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

OMG I can’t wait for this game!!!! It is going to be soooo good!

+ nickert0n on September 11th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Pre-Ordered already ;-)

+ acerazer1 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Is this the only way to win the Fortune Hunter Edition?

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar

+ Asad Qizilbash on September 11th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Hey acerazer1,

There will be other ways to win the Fortune Hunter Edition… stay tuned…

+ P3RF3CT_GAM3R on September 11th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Please bring this sneak peak to Omaha Nebraska. We have the digital theatres and the gamers, we just need Naughty Dog and Uncharted 2 ! ! !

+ Brapp347 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

So, PS3’s done with the old font? I like the new curved font. Will all the new game cases have it?

+ SPARDA on September 11th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Game of the Year for sure

CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

great Job ND

+ LotemA on September 11th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

You had to ruin the game covers, won’t you…

+ remanutd5 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

no New York ??? booo lol , i cant wait to play it though, i think its gonna be a truly great experience

+ PotVsKtl on September 11th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

That’s nice. Fix Uncharted 1.

+ MakasuUS on September 11th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

Congrats @ everyone in the dev team! We cant wait!

+ livefastdieold on September 11th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

How far do you have to get within UNCHARTED 2 before the game freezes? Or is it like ARKHAM ASYLUM, where it just freezes within the first few minutes every time?

Just wondering! THANKS!!!!!!1!!11!!

+ shystie1 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Will Uncharted 2 run at 30 FPS or 60 FPS???

Please could I have answer???

PS: I pre order it last Tuesday at Gamestop. The game looks great.

+ Vash_Nightmare on September 11th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

OMG THE SIDE OF THE BOOK CASE IS STILL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now it wont mess up with how the games look like on my shelf :D :D

+ soulrend on September 11th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

Never anything good in Dallas :( (and don’t say that Madden event, don’t like sports haha)

+ reson8er on September 11th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

No love for New York? :-( /cry /sadface /lastyearsmodel

One of my favorite games ever, and with every passing moment(blog post), I feel the Fortune Hunter Edition falling further and further out of the realm of possibility. Here in NY we have a bunch of Awesome Screens and a couple IMAX screens, come on guys :(

+ Blkant on September 11th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

Why does naughty dog hate florida?

+ Expy on September 11th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

I <3 NAUGHTY DOG.

All the props to you guys (and girls) for all the hard work put in to this title.

I can't wait to get this and to continue Drake's story!

+ OneShotOswald on September 11th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

What about the gamestop early demo access?

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar

+ Asad Qizilbash on September 11th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

OneShotOswald,

Demo access starts on 09/15/09, go pre-order NOW! See you online.

+ Stinkinmushroom on September 11th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Can’t wait for this GOTY

+ dreww3 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Uncharted 2 is the first game I have ever pre-ordered, and I can’t wait for it to come out. I hope all you people in the U.S take advantage of these events and attend them!

Hopefully more events like these will show up in Canada? Anyways great job with the game Naughty Dog, can’t wait to play it.

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar

+ Asad Qizilbash on September 11th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Hi dreww3,

No sneak-peek cinema events planned, but like I hinted earlier, the Fortune Hunter Editions are heading up north…

+ mafecto on September 11th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Awesome!

Love the new boxes too, btw.

This, Demon’s Souls, and Ratchet have me salivating for October.

Bring it on!

+ asop89 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

Yay!!! congratulations guys!!! Can’t wait for the game, love the new boxart, is the european version going to have the same cover artwork & new design?

+ DarknessBear on September 11th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

I will be going to the Muvico in Thousand Oaks for this event (I’m the Little Dead Space creator on Little Big Planet). This is going to be great!

+ Violater on September 11th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I hate Virginia nothing is ever brought to Richmond.

+ ksncobra on September 11th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Darn! No Toronto, Canada locations?

Oh well, I guess we Canucks have to get use to always being treated like the red headed step child by Sony. No love for the Great White North eh.

Nevertheless I loved the first one and looking forward to picking this up day one.

+ Coheno on September 11th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

My personal GOTY! I’m going for the Platinum on this one… First one is still my favorite PS3 game!

+ Terror660 on September 11th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

Congrats Naughty Dog, Can’t Wait to play the game.

PAGE 1 2 3 6