PS4 - Transistor

UNCHARTED 2 Officially Goes Gold, Plus Sneak-Peek Cinema Events!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Sep 11, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has officially gone gold in North America! That means only 32 days until it hits store shelves. I couldn’t be more proud of the teams at Naughty Dog and Sony who have put their lives on hold to make a truly exceptional game.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Box!

If you can’t wait until October 13th, SCEA and Sony Electronics have partnered to produce four exclusive “sneak peek” events that bring UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves to the big screen before launch. At these VIP events, attendees will join Naughty Dog in a night of food, fun and Multiplayer tournaments with the chance to win lots of cool prizes—including the Fortune Hunter Edition. Attendees will also have the chance to play UNCHARTED 2 on the ultimate high definition big screen, powered by Sony Electronics 4K digital cinema technology, which provides image resolution four times greater than any high-definition consumer television out there. Sony Electronics is working with major theaters across the country to create “digital destinations”, pairing 4K digital cinema technology with enhanced services and amenities, such as food, sporting events and music, to create an unprecented entertainment experience. UNCHARTED 2 will be one of the first pre-released games showcased at select sites.

The “sneak peek” events will take place on 10/5 and 10/6 at the theaters below. Stay tuned for more information from Jeff and Chris on how you can win a guaranteed spot. In the meantime, click here for more information.

MUVICO Rosemont

Bellevue, WA 98004-5046
(425) 450-9100

Landmark Embarcadero
One Embarcadero Center, Ste PL-1
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 267-4893

Food, Naughty Dog & Nathan Drake…in massive High Def! Hope to see you there — don’t forget to go pre-order your copy now!

+ LilSciz on September 11th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

I am not too far from Thousand Oaks but I am surprised they aren’t doing anything that close to their home studio, let alone having people go to their studio. Theaters are cool but to go to the studio and check out where the magic happens…doesn’t get better than that. Also, I am only about 30min from their studio so I suppose that’s why I have wishful thinking of them having something there :)
I got the game pre-ordered though and by all means can’t wait…GOTY 2009

+ KILLZONE79 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Awesome

too bad the old PS3 logo wont be on gamecases anymore

PS3 Spidey font on the side will be missed

+ KillerAJD on September 11th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Hopefully I can get a spot for the SF preview.

+ RobRoks on September 11th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

sounds awesome shame i live in UK tbh :(

+ jds07 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

The next “must have” for the PS3. I like the boxart, but the PS3 logo switch is not appealing to me. I’m going to have to get use to it, because it’s going to be on all the cases. I’m starting to miss the old spider-man letters already. That’s why I’m keeping my 60GB PS3.

+ TRIX_BOL on September 11th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Now my PS3 game collection will look ridiculous. :’(

Although what consumers (we) will worry more of its the game, but I do care about both, box and game!

+ mops_beyond on September 11th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

O_O I’M GOING TO ROSEMONT… yea the caps were needed

+ nickgassaway92 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

I don’t understand why the spider-man font is still on the box…lol

I thought they were getting rid of it!
btw, can’t wait to freakin’ play this game.

I agree with BillyGolden78, Uncharted froze on me after the update, but it finally snapped out of it. I wonder when they’ll fix it.

+ OmegaSpartan08 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

i hope the comments aren’t disabled like before in Asad’s last blog (though he never gave a reason why).

+ Jon_Mclane on September 11th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Why is jeff on the cover of uncharted 2?

+ pieeater100 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I know this is going a little off topic but the new cases with the new logo would the new disc hasve the new logo on it?

+ Gambit07 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I’ll try to make it to the LA.

+ rig_pig on September 11th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

Is it a safe assumption that Uncharted 2 supports 1080i & 1080p along with the native 720p like the first Uncharted? Has this been confirmed?

+ Othello500 on September 11th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

No love for East coast? We always get let out of the fun.. =(

+ mexicovi1la on September 11th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

Glade I live 5 minutes from the Thousand Oaks one and I’ve gone to the Muvico theater alot and it looks great. Hope its in the room where transformers 2 was at cause that room was nice biggest screen ive seen and ive been toa few imax theaters.

+ MrTalKaLot03 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

No Miami ><

+ JVukelaj15 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

WHEN WILL STUFF LIKE THIS COME T CANADA I JUST MOVED HERE AND I HATE IT BECAUSE MY FAVORITE COMPANY HAS NO LOVE FOR CANADA

+ DeepEyes7 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

Great. I can’t wait for this game… Next week is the beta multiplayer *-*

+ fykdig on September 11th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

3 westcoast events and jack for the southeast?

+ jetsaredim on September 11th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Nothing east of the Mississippi? That’s… odd.

+ jetsaredim on September 11th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

ok – i’m an idiot – Chicago is east of the Mississippi river, but still that’s the easternmost locale?

+ Nimoy23 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Are there any plans of releasing a dynamic theme based on Uncharted 2? If so, is there any chance Naughty Dog will take one for the team and give out codes to download it for free? How about any news on a tie-in with PS Home?
Keep up the good work. You deserve all the praise that is given to you for releasing such an exceptional franchise.

+ packy17 on September 11th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

I really wish you guys would’ve held one of these on the east coast, preferable close to D.C.

+ GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS on September 11th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

WHY HASN’T firmare 3.0 been fixed yet?

I honestly do not feel like turning my PS3 on anymore after this terrible 3.0 update.

PLEASE FIX 3.0 BEFORE UNCHARTED 2 COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!

I’m annoyed everytime I turn my PS3 on now, the first thing I’m greeted by is a pink background with sparkles.

+ ndw4 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Crap I live right by that Muvico in Thousand Oaks.I go there all the time.Give me more details!!!!!

+ maxter1 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Naughty Dog, congradulations, Uncharted Drakes Fortune was and still is the best game i have ever played. I would not need any other games excpet that one. It was funny, exciting, suspenseful, and pretty much the best game ever. I know that Uncharted 2 will be a completely knew experience and taking Uncharted: Drakes Fortune as the best game ever, good luck in these final days of putting it all together. The graphic look great, the gameplay exciting, the cinematics thrilling, and the script perfect. There no doubt in my mind that this will be the best game i have ever played. Thanks again Naughty Dog for making my day, hopefully i can win one of those special editions of Uncharted 2: Amoung theives posibly one of the biggest achievements in gaming history. Im going to buy this first thing, but im planning on winning the Treasure Hunter Edition and being lucky for once in my lifetime.

+ maxter1 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

oh and thanks a trillion for coming to Seattle

+ KILLZONE79 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

when does the public get uncharted 2 demo on PSN store?

im not asking about gamestop demo.

+ bravo9zero on September 11th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

When’s the UK Uncharted 2 release date?

Please don’t make us wait an extra 2-3 weeks, like you did with Drake’s fortune :(

+ Enigma777 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

YES! The changed the spine back to the old one!!! Now I won’t have my new games stick out like sore thumbs

+ Vabor on September 11th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

This is fricking awesome. Congrats Naughty Dog and SCEA…hope I can make it out to this one!

+ fender1988 on September 11th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

like the new case, i like how they kept some of the stuf from the old case.

+ UltimateBullsFan on September 11th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

To: Asad Qizilbash

May I give you suggestions on how to win the Limited Editions? I won’t be on the Uncharted 2 beta that much do to other commitments.

How about write you why we would like to have it and the best one wins?

And why were the comments disabled?

When will new news come out on winning the Uncharted 2 Limited Edition or any Uncharted 2 news in general?

+ ballsofsteelss on September 11th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

awesome hope i can get in at the Chicago event

+ SHINSPIKES on September 11th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

Thank you soo much for bringin it to Seattle. I hate it when its just Cali.

+ Noks415 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Are you guys planning to have a “sneak peak” event in New York at all?

+ Darkpen on September 11th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

Landmark Embarcadero? That’ll be a first.

+ Seidnerz_is_WINS on September 11th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

Will the people who win Treaure Hunter editions get them that day or will they get a garauntee that it will ship to them the 13th? Also I can understand that you can only do it in cetain locations (although I wish you’d come to NY) but why a Monday and Tuesday? Is it really so expensive that you can’t book the theaters in the weekend just for fans with lives and/or have to travel?

+ tobz1000 on September 11th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

I see the spine art is the same as the old boxes, meaning my collection won’t be aesthetically ruined by new games. Excellent!

+ FUCHIPATAS on September 11th, 2009 at 7:49 pm said:

Luckily I live in L.A.
Looking forward to more info and chance to go!
UC2 is easily one of my most anticipated titles this fall!

+ ElektroDragon on September 11th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

I’m going to the Bellevue event, if I can get in! Anyone else going to Bellevue? I’ll be wearing my PAX Uncharted 2 shirt!

+ NewYork214 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

how can you not have a sneak peak somewhere in NY. come on.

+ dymlos2 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Are you guys ever going to do any of these cool events on the East coast? Seriously, I would love to go to some of these and win some prizes. But I can’t. How about showing some East coast love? Closer to Atlanta would be nice!

+ gachzorge on September 11th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

School is just going to start for me.. I would like to devote some time on this game, could you get me an Early copy, and I won’t tell anyone? I buy stuff on the PSN, so I’m legit.

+ CloudStorm87 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

This is my most anticipated game this year and already my candidate for game of the year based on what I’ve seen so far.

Thank you Naughty Dog, Sony and everyone else involved, for your hard work in development of this game. I hope it receives all the critical and commercial acclaim it deserves.

Thank you.

+ jaydogg691 on September 11th, 2009 at 8:55 pm said:

No weekend dates, bummer. Hopefully I can get the day off to see one of the LA screenings. Congrats on going gold. Can’t wait for the full release.

+ TerribleLiar on September 11th, 2009 at 9:09 pm said:

My state sucks =/ Never anything happening anywhere near here. There goes one of the chances at the Legend Hunter edition :(

+ jazzyrider on September 11th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Very cool! Can’t wait till it comes out. BTW, one little itsy bitsy request…how about a portable PSP version? I would love to take Nathan Drake on the road!!! So how about it ND and Sony?

+ Balert on September 11th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

The thing that sets NaughtyDog apart (in my opinion) from other major game developers is their honesty. Like a good author creates a book he/she would want to read, ND creates games they would want to play. With the amount of creativity locked up in their studio it is inevitable that great products will come to fruition by their hand. I tit my proverbial hat to you folks for so curtiously inviting us into your world. Thanks for the good times!

-Balert

+ Balert on September 11th, 2009 at 9:17 pm said:

And yeah, can’t wait for the game, nor the event. Sucks that the events kick off on a Monday and Tuesday, a “T” rated game would most=likely attract teenagers. The same teenagers that will be in school on a Monday or Tuesday.